Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 01-11-2010, 07:23 AM   #21
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WicketWWarrick View Post
I call myself old school because I honor and respect the butches and femmes who paved the way for us to be like we are. I value our history. I value chivalry, being a gentleman (or gentlewoman/gentleperson). Manners, respect, loyalty - these are some of the things I strive to exude as a partner. I need to run so will probably add more later, but this is at least a start.

-Wicket
Couldn't have said it better. As a trans brother of mine put it -- I am a man of integrity.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #22
Rogue

How Do You Identify?:
femme dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
happily married

Rogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST ReputationRogue Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation OFOS - Old Fashioned Old School

Just like WickedWarrick said.. I, too, respect those who have paved the way for us, I respect and value not only our history, but our way of life, our way of interacting, the dynamics we share, and the love and respect amongst us.
With that said..
I call myself old fashioned/old school because that is the dynamics of our love, our relationship, and our way of life.. hell you could say that I'm a modern day June Cleaver with a twist!

Rogue
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rogue For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #23
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I was thinking how much OFOS comes off as a train of thinking or a set of rules. I don't know if that applies to everyone who considers themselves OFOS. I know it doesn't for me. Although I'm self-described as OFOS. Anyway, I hope this thread will grow with personal stories and experiences or just to bond online with like-minded folks.,
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:03 AM   #24
LieslKate

How Do You Identify?:
Prime Lesbian Femme Feminist Submissive Amazon Dyke Riot Grrl... :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
the Feminine...
Relationship Status:
single

LieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant future
Default FEMME ! OFOS :)

*holds up a fresh off the press copy of "The OFOS Rules" *

LieslKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #25
LieslKate

How Do You Identify?:
Prime Lesbian Femme Feminist Submissive Amazon Dyke Riot Grrl... :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
the Feminine...
Relationship Status:
single

LieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant future
Default HMMMMMMMMMM...

This NEEDS bumping...

LieslKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #26
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation
Default Subscribing...

I have a question--

In your opinion, do Old Fashioned/Old School and Stone go hand in hand?

Just wondering what interpretations there might be...

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #27
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartBreak Kid View Post
Oh how I love and adore my OFOS Butches...without u all I am only half my potential. *Sigh*
I wish there was a OFOS Bootcamp for some of theese "new school" butches...the smoothness charm and energy is just all wrong..(at least for me).....anyway Thanks Jet for the thread
I have no idea what new school is all about. Someone care to enlighten me on their interpretation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleShug View Post
I have a question--

In your opinion, do Old Fashioned/Old School and Stone go hand in hand?

Just wondering what interpretations there might be...
My short answer: No, they do not.

Opinion.InterpretationsMy disclaimerWhat you are about to read is totally my opinion and has nothing to do with how anyone else may feel about OFOS. Its all my opinion and how I interact with the world, not just the realm of the Butch-Femme Dynamic.

What is OFOS? Maybe it would be easier to say what it is not. I believe for some the idea of OFOS is the Ward and June Clever life. It is that idea has caused a rejection of OFOS for some peopleThat it is outdated, therefore irrelevant today.

OFOS is not keeping the little woman is the kitchen so dinner is on the table when the Butch comes home from a long day at work.

OFOS is not a Butch taking care of everything because the Femme is unable.

OFOS is not just opening the door for Femmes.

OFOS is not about who is on top or bottom.

In my opinion OFOS is all about love, respect, honor and loyalty. None of which should be exclusively OFOS. All of these things should be part of ones living code of ethics.

For me, OFOS is a way of life. I open a door for a Femme or even a Butch to honor and respect that person, not because I am Butch and that is what I am suppose to do. An OFOS Femme appreciates these gestures because she knows it is done out of love, honor and respect, not because she cannot do it herself.

I walk on the street side with my hand on the small of her back or holding her elbow because I care, honor and respect her. She allows me to do so because she knows it is how I honor her.

I walk in front of her, grasping her hands behind me as we wander through a crowded room. This keeps her from getting bumped and she allows me to do so because she respects that this is how I show my caring and respect for her.

For the life of me, I dont understand why simply courtesy has dropped to the wayside and are called old fashioned. For me, it is anything but old fashioned. It is the way I choose to move through this world. Why do I feel so alone?

OSB
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #28
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Glad this is bumped up. I forgot this thread was here. Sayin hey...from OSOF-er
Old 03-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #29
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
Glad this is bumped up. I forgot this thread was here. Sayin hey...from OSOF-er
Hi. OFOS does often get forgotten. It is a shame.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #30
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,605 Times in 3,972 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I cant imagine dating anyone who wasnt OFOS. I think the older I get, the more I appreciate the basics: someone who is courteous, respectful, entertaining, tastefully charming, genuinely warm, offers a woman quiet adoration without suffocation, and most of all can classically slow dance without stepping on the dance floor, to my music that isnt heard on the jukebox by anyone but him...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2010, 07:27 PM   #31
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
I cant imagine dating anyone who wasnt OFOS. I think the older I get, the more I appreciate the basics: someone who is courteous, respectful, entertaining, tastefully charming, genuinely warm, offers a woman quiet adoration without suffocation, and most of all can classically slow dance without stepping on the dance floor, to my music that isnt heard on the jukebox by anyone but him...
That is exactly the dance of an OFOS couple. Thank you for your point of view.

OSB
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2010, 07:40 AM   #32
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Well, now...I am new to this site, but have been on line in the B-F community for over 5 years. I think as I have grown older, I have gotten more vocal...I wonder if it it because I really don't care what people think of me, I am just me and that is that.

With that being said, here are the thought running through this brain of mine.....

Wow, this thread was opened in November and has only had 30 posts and only 350 views......

Which then leads to....

I guess I really am a dinosaur and I am all alone...

or

People see OFOS and assume you have to be old as dirt to be OFOS and are not interested.....

or even

It's that folks have had a run in with the person that opened the thread and won't go here because of that. I don't know that and I don't know Ol Jet, just saying what is going through my head.

Having values of loyalty, honor and trust are not Old Fashioned, Old School and should never go out of style.

OSB

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 07:32 AM   #33
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

It's official, I am a Wooly Mammoth. Sad to see anything go extinct, especially when all it takes is a bit of care and nurturing.

OSB
The Following User Says Thank You to OS Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 09:28 AM   #34
Mrs. Strutt

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
16 Years as Queen of Hys Castle

Mrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning to the other OS folks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...FLR/sunset.jpg

"If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman,
I shall feel that I have worked with God."

- Gilbert Keith Chesterton
Mrs. Strutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #35
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Strutt View Post
Good morning to the other OS folks

Good morning bact at you Mrs. Strutt. Nice to see yet another familiar face here. The Strutt family is back in da house.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #36
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet's .02

This is my two cents which I pulled out of a pair of
penny loafers that belonged my girlfriend, Susie Q,
who I made out with at the drive-in in my pickup.

Being old school isn't a philosophy. It is not complicated
deserving of heated debate or discourse or dissertation
It is not something politically correct to the point of
hatred. It is uncomplicated and unpretentious and
worn like distressed leather.

Old school is romantic and passionate.

I believe it is something innate, a way of life
that has everything to do with they way we are built; what we prefer
our tastes and likenesses.

It is not acquired. It is natural.
Because we have a natural respect and likenesses and affinities
for things that are traditional and, well...old fashioned.

Old school is pure heart.

We are deeply romantic and passionate for traditional loves and roles.
Roles are not a bad thing.
They are not some facade on one day and off another or for the moment.

For me, roles are a way of life.
They are about dancing with your wife. And going to war
if ever called because it's the right thing to do.
And loving children. And sunsets and working
for a living and loving hard and long at a summer place
and loving so deeply that your core being is
fully satisfied as the very woman or man that you are.

Old school comes naturally.

At times, it feels manly and responsible and romantic and passionate
and charged with devotion, care and values that existed in another time.
And all of these things are clean and sweet like a high notes.

But they vary as we vary.
"To each his own brother," as an old schooler would say.

Old school is heart's desire that runs as deep as the ocean.
Maybe being swept off your feet, and pleasing a man with a beautiful
femininity of yours and qualities that a real-in-soul guy lives for...
because that is how he is made. Just as much as your willingness to
be cared for and loved in a way that is nurturing, and that is sexy and passionate to you.
Respected and honored in mind and body.
It's an old value that is ours.

Did you ever catch fireflies? Did you ever just know,
with a look or a touch, that it was for life?
That's old school.

It is natural and simple and it is just us.

And for the record?

This is what was playing at the drive-in that night
when I fell in love and I was loved because

I am truly old school...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihljspJpzG4"]YouTube- A Summer Place(1959)/피서지에서 생긴일[/ame]

Did you ever catch fireflies?
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2010, 03:28 PM   #37
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

My kind of old school.
Actually, I mimed this rendition in a 1950s
drag show years ago, with my buddy, D.J. who is now FTM.
He played Johnny Angel and I played White Buck Ford.
The girlies swooned. heh, heh.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3ydPIrktKY"]YouTube- tears on my pillow -sha na na-[/ame]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #38
Princess4u

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, love of my life....princess!!!

Location: Tn for now..waiting for my prince to come and take me away
Princess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
Jet's .02

This is my two cents which I pulled out of a pair of
penny loafers that belonged my girlfriend, Susie Q,
who I made out with at the drive-in in my pickup.

Being old school isn't a philosophy. It is not complicated
deserving of heated debate or discourse or dissertation
It is not something politically correct to the point of
hatred. It is uncomplicated and unpretentious and
worn like distressed leather.

Old school is romantic and passionate.

I believe it is something innate, a way of life
that has everything to do with they way we are built; what we prefer
our tastes and likenesses.

It is not acquired. It is natural.
Because we have a natural respect and likenesses and affinities
for things that are traditional and, well...old fashioned.

Old school is pure heart.

We are deeply romantic and passionate for traditional loves and roles.
Roles are not a bad thing.
They are not some facade on one day and off another or for the moment.

For me, roles are a way of life.
They are about dancing with your wife. And going to war
if ever called because it's the right thing to do.
And loving children. And sunsets and working
for a living and loving hard and long at a summer place
and loving so deeply that your core being is
fully satisfied as the very woman or man that you are.

Old school comes naturally.

At times, it feels manly and responsible and romantic and passionate
and charged with devotion, care and values that existed in another time.
And all of these things are clean and sweet like a high notes.

But they vary as we vary.
"To each his own brother," as an old schooler would say.

Old school is heart's desire that runs as deep as the ocean.
Maybe being swept off your feet, and pleasing a man with a beautiful
femininity of yours and qualities that a real-in-soul guy lives for...
because that is how he is made. Just as much as your willingness to
be cared for and loved in a way that is nurturing, and that is sexy and passionate to you.
Respected and honored in mind and body.
It's an old value that is ours.

Did you ever catch fireflies? Did you ever just know,
with a look or a touch, that it was for life?
That's old school.

It is natural and simple and it is just us.

And for the record?

This is what was playing at the drive-in that night
when I fell in love and I was loved because

I am truly old school...

YouTube- A Summer Place(1959)/피서지에서 생긴일

Did you ever catch fireflies?
That is very beautiful my friend...if you arent careful you will have a following of women swooning for your affection. Not that thats a bad thing my dear.....LOL
Old 03-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #39
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess4u View Post
That is very beautiful my friend...if you arent careful you will have a following of women swooning for your affection. Not that thats a bad thing my dear.....LOL
Thank you. I'm not sure about the following, but it is how i feel.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #40
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Glad to see this thread bumped up, as it should be
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote