Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 01-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #41
KayCee

How Do You Identify?:
Multifaceted Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a secret
Relationship Status:
And from my lips hye drew the hallelujah

Thanked 1,725 Times in 521 Posts
KayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST Reputation

apretty, you are setting the equality BIG GIRL with being fat!..I'm talking about my personal opinion, my personal preferences, the woman I choose to be with or not. Isn't it what this thread is about? Did I miss something?
KayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #42
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
i know you mean well but my big-girl-self was built for speed (i'm fast walking, talking and driving) *and* keeping a butch uncomfortable (as much as he allows, anyway) is all part of my irresistible charm.

the ladies do not want to be compared with minivans and laz-e-boy recliners, no disrespect to your father--it's just no compliment to group us all together as if size = sugar and spice.
Perhaps you read it differently than the way it was meant and no disrespect to you. I'm not going to get into a pissing match with anyone in here. It's great YOUR big girl self is built any way that you choose. I prefer a woman not make me uncomfortable no matter where I should be with her.

Oh and maybe YOUR comparison is as YOU say, but don't put those words in my mouth. I would never disrespect any woman intentionally.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #43
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartBreak Kid View Post
Question;
What is the definition of "big girl"? Is it subjective and open to interpretation, or is there a size height requirement?
I had a person I was dating call me "chubby" once...
we never dated again.....
he meant it as a comliment but I feel like being called a "big Girl" somehow negatively compares me to a skinny girl...
Now I know I have my own issues and demons surrounding weight sexiness and feelings of self worth..and because of that being reffered to as a "big Girl" weirds me out...
For all of you who appreciate and love us curvacious delicious women I say....Thank you...(you have excellent taste)
I know what you mean and I don't want to be defined unless you want to call me sexy, gorgeous and the like. lol
I try not to get caught up in words and old baggage but I admit that I still do. I'm a size 16, tall and really curvy. I'm healthy and truth is I can run circles around most women. I struggle with feelings of not being good enough. Always having to check myself when it comes to diet and weight issues. I focus on the quality of my life and eating things that are healthy & conscious when it comes to the earth.
But I've been in love a few times and each time it ended because of someone else. This, of course brings back the old feelings and I find myself hiding, protecting myself even if find it silly.

At the same time I find that I am attracted to healthy people. If they are a little larger thats cool but I have a hard time being with someone that abuses their body and isn't conscious. For me its a matter of self respect. It's not about the size.

Let me shed more light before I get flamed here...lol

I casually dated someone years ago that was maybe 50 pounds overweight. I was ok with that but I wasn't ok with his overall lifestyle and how we'd take walks and within 5 min he was out of breath. He ate awful and to be honest I thought he'd have serious health issues. I suggested we "get healthy" together. Again its not about size. Even at my size I feel better 20 lbs lighter. He complained about his back, knees, etc. Ok, lets make a plan and lets do something about it. He was no ok with this. In fact he sabotaged my attempts and ultimately the relationship fell apart.

In the past few months I've dropped weight just from eating healthy and feeding my spirit. I'm not focused on diet or weight. My focus is on healing my body and living healthy for another 50 years. I want to be that 80 year old woman ziplining through a jungle or riding a horse. I might still have a big round ass but my heart will be healthy and I'll be full of fire.

Last edited by Sachita; 01-16-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #44
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

christ on sale.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #45
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat6071 View Post
apretty, you are setting the equality BIG GIRL with being fat!..I'm talking about my personal opinion, my personal preferences, the woman I choose to be with or not. Isn't it what this thread is about? Did I miss something?
you missed a lot. first, i don't even know what this means: you are setting the equality BIG GIRL with being fat!

if you mean to say you're using the terms, BIG GIRL and FAT interchangeably, without shame, judgment, or apology--then you'd be correct. if you'd like to explore that *concept* with me, just ask.

seems to me that the thread is in support/favor/admiration of BIG FAT SEXY WOMEN. not what YOUR preferences are, personal or otherwise. take that to your own thread on 'kat6071's Personal Size Preferences: WAAAY TOO MUCH' and detail your desire 'till your heart's content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
If they are a little larger thats cool but I have a hard time being with someone that abuses their body and isn't conscious. For me its a matter of self respect. It's not about the size.

that's pretty much the grossest statement i've read in a long time, and i read some gross stuff, like Chuck Palahniuk-level-gross.

that said, perhaps you might want to consider your own thread entitled, 'A Little Larger Thats Cool' but this simply isn't the place to detail what you personally equate with health in relation to size/fat.

and about the 'conscious' and the 'respect' as if "big girls" are losing consciousness and eating in a disrespecting, self-induced caloric stupor. i mean really--this is so not what this thread was intended for (i feel safe in saying).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #46
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
you missed a lot. first, i don't even know what this means: you are setting the equality BIG GIRL with being fat!

if you mean to say you're using the terms, BIG GIRL and FAT interchangeably, without shame, judgment, or apology--then you'd be correct. if you'd like to explore that *concept* with me, just ask.

seems to me that the thread is in support/favor/admiration of BIG FAT SEXY WOMEN. not what YOUR preferences are, personal or otherwise. take that to your own thread on 'kat6071's Personal Size Preferences: WAAAY TOO MUCH' and detail your desire 'till your heart's content.

that's pretty much the grossest statement i've read in a long time, and i read some gross stuff, like Chuck Palahniuk-level-gross.

that said, perhaps you might want to consider your own thread entitled, 'A Little Larger Thats Cool' but this simply isn't the place to detail what you personally equate with health in relation to size/fat.

and about the 'conscious' and the 'respect' as if "big girls" are losing consciousness and eating in a disrespecting, self-induced caloric stupor. i mean really--this is so not what this thread was intended for (i feel safe in saying).
wow I'm sorry grossed you out. You certainly do have an agenda and like to read into things. Thats cool. I'm not interested in drama.

I do however want to feel comfortable to state my opinions and dont want to feel like I have to walk on egg shells to try and explain myself.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:08 PM   #47
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
wow I'm sorry grossed you out. You certainly do have an agenda and like to read into things. Thats cool. I'm not interested in drama.

I do however want to feel comfortable to state my opinions and dont want to feel like I have to walk on egg shells to try and explain myself.
what agenda? that it's not okay to post your *negative opinions* on size in the thread titled, BIG GIRL LOVE? please, tell me how that's me furthering a personal agenda.

i only wish that you'd read *any* of what i'd posted and it made a difference, instead of getting personal, implying that we've ever had any kind of exchange before this, *ever*--taking the focus of your insensitive and misguided statements and making this about you and i (it's not).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #48
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Wow. Are you people serious? The thread starts off celebrating fat bodies and now it's turned into an extravaganza of "a little fat is okay, but too fat is gross and turns me off!"

Maybe you people want to take your comments off of the "Big Girl Love" thread and create your own "Medium Sized Girl who is maybe 10 lbs over what her doctor would like her to be but no more than that because more than that is gross" thread.

Just sayin'
Old 01-16-2010, 12:26 PM   #49
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I've always been a big guy, and no matter what I will always love bigger women
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #50
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
Wow. Are you people serious? The thread starts off celebrating fat bodies and now it's turned into an extravaganza of "a little fat is okay, but too fat is gross and turns me off!"

Maybe you people want to take your comments off of the "Big Girl Love" thread and create your own "Medium Sized Girl who is maybe 10 lbs over what her doctor would like her to be but no more than that because more than that is gross" thread.

Just sayin'
You're right. You damn sure are.

But you know it goes... a thread is often discussion and everyone has an agenda, opinion and before you know it it can go completely off topic. lol

I'm sorry I did this. I guess i had a point and opinion. Its not about size.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #51
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

For me, I find that comments about health as it relates to fat....obnoxious. And comments about food as it relates to fat...equally obnoxious.

Your ex, if he was as unhealthy as you said he was, would have been equally unhealthy if he had a 26 inch waist. I'm willing to bet on that. Shitty lifestyle is shitty lifestyle no matter what size that lifestyle is packaged in. But this thread is -not- about shitty lifestyles, is it?

Pretending like there is no such thing as a healthy person in a size 18 dress is like pretending that there is no such thing as an unhealthy person in a size 8 dress. You're equating health and lifestyle with size - which is what got peoples hackles up. And it's also pretty inaccurate.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #52
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
I guess my eyes started glazing over when the photos from V-mag were posted.
Kinda reminds me of my feelings around when I discovered Lane Bryant, a clothing store solely for large women, ONLY uses models from size 12-16.
So, size 18-28 is erased, really?

Yeah, I was confused. I kept thinking "but the women in those two pictures aren't fat". I don't understand.

It's a little stressful to think of Lane Bryant only using models from sizes 12-16 - since I am willing to bet that NO people who wear those sizes shop at Lane Bryant. They don't have to. So why would they?
Old 01-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #53
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

It blows My mind to think that they are only using sizes 12-16, like a BBW woman is only those sizes ............ what about other women out there who are over size 16? dont they matter too?

Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #54
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

FWIW: I weigh 290 pounds. Jack weighs 125. (and this is purely for illustrative measure since I dont generally get hung up on numbers)

ALL of my levels are lower than Jacks. My cholesterol, sugars, blood pressure. ALL of it.

I can also walk circles around her. (think: 8-hour shopping trips and endless circling of malls and antique stores).

As a fat person, I am not a gelatinous Jabba-the-hut-inous mass of blubbering, chicken-consuming, gorging, rolling, shaking food-gobbling machine. Im also not one of those cartoonish beings from the movie "Up", where I have gotten so fat that I must ride around in a chair all day slurping milkshakes and having robots help me upright myself.

I also dont wipe my ass with a stick.

I also can have sex in every position that thin people can.

I also do not have hidden peanut butter sandwiches in my fat rolls.

I also do not stink.

I also am not lazy.

I also am not stupid.

I also dress really nice.

I also am not "jolly" all the time.

I also can tie my own shoes.

And lastly, Im not really all that unhealthy. (the caveat being that I sometimes dont have good boundaries with toxic folks ....but that really has nothing to do with physical health)

I think that where I personally check-out on the fat=unhealthy thing is that we are spoon-fed this shit as women from day one. That fat=undesireable, unhealthy, unsexy. The diet industry makes millions off of this shit, and hence the world is full of women who are a size 2 who puke their lunches up every day, women who hate their bodies because someone ELSE told them to, women who think that because they are a size 20, they must give up their sex-life, become a matronly, warbling blob of goo and women who spend their lives in a vicious self-hating "chasing that thinner body" cycle.

The moral of the story is that I refuse to spend one damn minute hating this body. Its where I LIVE and LOVE, for fucks sake. My earth suit is what gets me through this world. Its sexy. My partner thinks its sexy.
I love myself. I love my body.
I have to put on a giant set of "la la la" earphones when the world starts listing reasons why I dont have the right to feel good in my own skin.
To that, I say a big "fuck you and pass the fucking (grilled) chicken."
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #55
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

All I can say to you Medusa is .............. you go girl

Old 01-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #56
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Medusa is one of the foxiest women I know. Just so we're all clear on that.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #57
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

I spent many years not be happy in my own skin. Diets, over eating, under eating, diet pills...years and years. 5 or 6 years ago I decided that hating my body was not making anyone happy. Myself, my friends, my family, my partners.

I don't know how much I weigh currently, but it varies between 250 and 270, depending time of year, health, etc. I'm mostly a size 18-20-22.

There is a history of heart disease, arthritis, diabetes, alcoholism, etc. in my family, so these are reasons that about a year and half ago, I started working out regularly with a trainer. It was NOT about losing weight or focusing on trying to be thin. FOR ME it was another step in learning how to love myself, my body, my health. I also sometimes do Yoga and try to take long walks regularly.

There was no exact moment when the flip switched (a few things happened all at once), but I feel pretty grateful that I got a few signals because I am SO much happier in my world and I think others around me are too I started to focus on the positives, surround myself with like-minded people and learning to celebrate me, fully, in whatever size I am.

I'm still the same size. I'm still hot. Sexy. Beautiful. I'm still fat.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 02:38 PM   #58
HeartBreak Kid

How Do You Identify?:
self
Preferred Pronoun?:
User formally Known as Tygerlily

HeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud of

OOOOH....I love an interesting lively debate....mmm hmm...
So much transpired in such a short period of time and I dont know how to quote multiple users from multiple threads....(if its even possible)

It Begins......
APretty-the ladies do not want to be compared with minivans and laz-e-boy recliners, no disrespect to your father--it's just no compliment to group us all together as if size = sugar and spice
I wholeheartedly agree...while it has become a "pop culture" trend to use this phrase as a way to celebrate Women who are not what "society" deems as "Skinny", I feel that the unattractive comparison still reinforces the stereotype that skinny women are the fun wild loose Race car, and Curvaceous woman are the old reliable "safe" Mini-Van......
I completely understand that it isnt meant to be interpreted that way, and i am reading more into to be a bitch. Instead I am highlighting why sometimes we Unconsciously fall into traps we thought we were surly avoiding.....

Betenoire- Dude, I am all for a discussion about fat-positivity. But I'm a wee smidgen wary since "Go BBW" threads always end up with at least one asshat mentioning how they are afraid that they would crush, break, bruise, blah blah blah a skinny girl.

mm..hmm......I am not sure how hearing comments like that translate to you...but to me I hear'.....I can be careless needfully rough and dismissive of your needs physically and mentally. Why? Because I might want to be manhandled and fucking into submission OR I might want to be held rocked and made love to gently and treated like a delicate flower.....*Respect that while I may be a larger canvas, I am not any less breakable than a smaller one..

hippieflowergirl- succulent it just drips sin, dont it?
I
just wanted to see this word again....yea definitely a good word.....

The Shit pot has been stirred......
Kat6071-yes, that's how it should be...although I personally do not prefer..WAAAY TOO MUCH! THAT turns me off..either way.
I understand the comment was not judge mental but subjective to yourself and I respect that....However I think this statement is hurtful because you have eliminated and or alienated women by directly calling my issue of weight and self worth into question again. If someone said that to me I would immediately wonder If regardless of my Personality if i were "WAAAY TOO MUCH".......

Inuus-Sure I think the word is subjective and is open for interpretation. I dont think at all it has any requirements. Its all about what you are into and what your minds eye sees.
I have always been attracted to BBW. Ive never dated a woman that was what society deems thin. I dont have a set "size" within the BBW spectrum. Its all good to me. I have dated slightly plus size to alot bigger so to me there really isnt a set size although I wont lie Im sure there is a limit in size for me some place. I just have never reached that guess
I think this entire post kinda got pushed aside once the stirring of the afore mentioned pot occurred........
I love the last sentence...it is subjective, but open-minded. I really appreciate where your coming from here...

Wolfyone-Oh and maybe YOUR comparison is as YOU say, but don't put those words in my mouth. I would never disrespect any woman intentionally.

I just pulled out this snippet because I wanted to say the important part in this response is the Last sentence as well....Weight Sexiness, self-worth and opinions regarding them are touchy....there is hurt and pain and anger all around. It is easy to misinterpret letters on a screen because there is no author inflection to go along with it. I add attitude and snarkyness where none may have been intended .....a lot...I am working on reading without emotion so I can process the words intellectually before i respond emotionally...

Sachita-I know what you mean and I don't want to be defined unless you want to call me sexy, gorgeous and the like. lol
I try not to get caught up in words and old baggage but I admit that I still do. I'm a size 16, tall and really curvy. I'm healthy and truth is I can run circles around most women. I struggle with feelings of not being good enough. Always having to check myself when it comes to diet and weight issues. I focus on the quality of my life and eating things that are healthy & conscious when it comes to the earth.
At the same time I find that I am attracted to healthy people. If they are a little larger thats cool but I have a hard time being with someone that abuses their body and isn't conscious. For me its a matter of self respect. It's not about the size.
I casually dated someone years ago that was maybe 50 pounds overweight. I was ok with that but I wasn't ok with his overall lifestyle and how we'd take walks and within 5 min he was out of breath. He ate awful and to be honest I thought he'd have serious health issues. I suggested we "get healthy" together. Again its not about size. Even at my size I feel better 20 lbs lighter. He complained about his back, knees, etc. Ok, lets make a plan and lets do something about it. He was no ok with this. In fact he sabotaged my attempts and ultimately the relationship fell apart. In the past few months I've dropped weight just from eating healthy and feeding my spirit. I'm not focused on diet or weight. My focus is on healing my body and living healthy for another 50 years. I want to be that 80 year old woman ziplining through a jungle or riding a horse. I might still have a big round ass but my heart will be healthy and I'll be full of fire.

Ok there are quite a few things here that initially made me want to go off on an angry rant.....But I have read that everything I wanted to say was addressed and that not only did you acknowledge what happened....I think u "Get" it too......
The part I do want to focus on is the middle part.."I was ok with that but I wasn't ok with his overall lifestyle" to ME if you are not ok with my "Lifestyle" you are not OK with me...also the way it was worded made me feel like u settled for this person DESPITE the fact that he was Overweight....not in celebration of, or with a sense of pride in his size....The relationship seemed doomed from the start...You even Suggested that you get healthy together...which in MY experience always puts me on the defensive....All I think is "whats wrong with me that you feel the need to stage an intervention on something you assured me wasnt a concern of yours......or worse wasnt a concern of mine

Apretty-if you mean to say you're using the terms, BIG GIRL and FAT interchangeably, without shame, judgment, or apology--then you'd be correct. if you'd like to explore that *concept* with me, just ask.
I would LOVE to explore this concept with you as i think that we have been brainwashed into believing that there is something wrong with being Fatt, Curvy, or whatever.... There seems to be a definite Us and them mentality concerning weight, and I wonder what can be done to change this negative image....

Betenoir-Maybe you people want to take your comments off of the "Big Girl Love" thread and create your own "Medium Sized Girl who is maybe 10 lbs over what her doctor would like her to be but no more than that because more than that is gross" thread.
AMEN!!!

The pot simmers once again.....
Sachita-But you know it goes... a thread is often discussion and everyone has an agenda, opinion and before you know it it can go completely off topic. lol
I'm sorry I did this. I guess i had a point and opinion. Its not about size.

Thank you for acknowledging that what you posted COULD be seen negatively and that you Understand the LOVE for a Curvaceous person has nothing to do with their Lifestyle...healthy or not

Betenoir-
For me, I find that comments about health as it relates to fat....obnoxious. And comments about food as it relates to fat...equally obnoxious.
Your ex, if he was as unhealthy as you said he was, would have been equally unhealthy if he had a 26 inch waist. I'm willing to bet on that. Shitty lifestyle is shitty lifestyle no matter what size that lifestyle is packaged in. But this thread is -not- about shitty lifestyles, is it?
Pretending like there is no such thing as a healthy person in a size 18 dress is like pretending that there is no such thing as an unhealthy person in a size 8 dress. You're equating health and lifestyle with size - which is what got peoples hackles up. And it's also pretty inaccurate.
First I wanna say...u rock so hard!!! This is exactly my point! We have been brainwashed to associate everything fat with unhealthy and everything skinny with healthy....My granma used to say "i'd rather be Fat and happy, then skinny and sick"....The question that comes to me is; If your overweight with minor health issues (elevated cholesterol, out of breath after physical exertion) are you any more or any less healthy than a skinny person that also have the same minor issues?

Betenoir-It's a little stressful to think of Lane Bryant only using models from sizes 12-16 - since I am willing to bet that NO people who wear those sizes shop at Lane Bryant. They don't have to. So why would they?
I am actually a little surprised at this statement...If you were to make that bet you would be dead wrong. Depending on the manufacture I wear anywhere from a size 12 to an 18. I shop at lane bryant, Ashely Stuart and all the rest on a regular basis. I do agree its BEYOND fucked up that a disportionate amount of "PLUS SIZE" models are just "slightly heavier" versions of "regular" models....and it is particularly disgusting to see a company that makes there money from curvaceous women subscribe to this outrageous practice.

My two cents....
On this particular issue it pisses me off too because all the clothes look fantastic on the models pulled in and cinched perfectly but in reality look NOTHING like that on ANY woman regardless of size... it seems to me they down play the "size" of the clothing making things seem sexy but are selling clothes that "hide" shape rather than flatter it...
Now this isnt ALWAYS...but it has been MY experience lately.........

Peace and Love

and then to lie silently like deer tracks

in the freshly-fallen snow beside the one you love

That's All~
~Richard Brautigan, "Deer Tracks"~

Peace and Love

"Pssssst.......your STEREOTYPES are showing"....
~StabbyK~

HeartBreak Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #59
HeartBreak Kid

How Do You Identify?:
self
Preferred Pronoun?:
User formally Known as Tygerlily

HeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud of

I told my friend about this thread and she said "real women have curves" while I wanted to jump up and say "Hell Yea!"....... I thought about my other grandma who is stick stick rail thin.....
That woman raised me and she most certainly was/is a "real" woman...
Why does it seem in order to lift oneself up, it comes at the expense of another?

Peace and Love

and then to lie silently like deer tracks

in the freshly-fallen snow beside the one you love

That's All~
~Richard Brautigan, "Deer Tracks"~

Peace and Love

"Pssssst.......your STEREOTYPES are showing"....
~StabbyK~

HeartBreak Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HeartBreak Kid For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 05:03 PM   #60
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,450 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartBreak Kid View Post
I told my friend about this thread and she said "real women have curves" while I wanted to jump up and say "Hell Yea!"....... I thought about my other grandma who is stick stick rail thin.....
That woman raised me and she most certainly was/is a "real" woman...
Why does it seem in order to lift oneself up, it comes at the expense of another?

Peace and Love

Real women have curves
And straight lines
Slight bends
Hills
And mountains
And valleys
And plains
And plateaus.

Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Selenay For This Useful Post: