Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Oh Pinkie! I love Maya Angelou. What a great piece to be inspired by.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:38 AM   #42
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Phenomenal Woman is another one of those great pieces that's become part of my Femme Attitude, so to speak. I've loved it for a long time. Thanks for posting it, Pinkie!
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #43
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Let's be lighthearted for Friday, shall we? This question is for smiles and grins and giffles, I hope.

FOURTH QUESTION
: What is the color of lipstick or nailpolish that makes you feel femme or think "gee she's really femme" when you see it on someone else.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #44
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Another discussion question:

What do you do that makes you feel decadently, unabashedly, fabulously femme?

Is it strapping on a dildo?
Is it painting your nails?
Is it fixing a car?
Is it baking a cake?

What is it for you?
Old 11-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #45
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,088 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
Another discussion question:

What do you do that makes you feel decadently, unabashedly, fabulously femme?

Is it strapping on a dildo?
Is it painting your nails?
Is it fixing a car?
Is it baking a cake?

What is it for you?

Honestly for me... it's when I am surrounded by other femmes. Sometimes I feel like everyday life, of living in the sterotypical "lesbian" bubble in my local community, seems to suck my femme mojo. Being around my femme friends and sisters lets my energy shine bright ~ I think that we bring it out in eachother! That is when I feel FABULOUS!
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2009, 09:51 AM   #46
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
Honestly for me... it's when I am surrounded by other femmes. Sometimes I feel like everyday life, of living in the sterotypical "lesbian" bubble in my local community, seems to suck my femme mojo. Being around my femme friends and sisters lets my energy shine bright ~ I think that we bring it out in eachother! That is when I feel FABULOUS!
What a terrific thought. Do you feel like you "femme down" when not around those of us who do embrace you as the gorgeous, sexy femme you are?

For me I feel the most femme when I am doing my "secret" girl routines. Not that they are secret and not that no one else does them...just that for me they make me feel special. And they can be really mundane things like shaving or putting on lipstick, you know?

I had an ex who loved watching me put on makeup. Said it made hym "happy" in all the euphemistic sense there. grin. That made me feel quite femme, you know.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:21 AM   #47
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Now how did I miss this fabulous thread?!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:24 AM   #48
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Now how did I miss this fabulous thread?!

I made it for YOU and see how you are! You never call. You never write. You never lend me your clothes. You never lend me your husband... or your dog even!

Old 11-25-2009, 01:29 PM   #49
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,088 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
What a terrific thought. Do you feel like you "femme down" when not around those of us who do embrace you as the gorgeous, sexy femme you are?

It's not as though I "femme down" around my local community. My femme energy is always there ~ I just gets referred to as "the girly girl". Most of the local community here equates feminine with femme. Yeah, they honestly don't understand that femme is more than appearance.

For me I feel the most femme when I am doing my "secret" girl routines. Not that they are secret and not that no one else does them...just that for me they make me feel special. And they can be really mundane things like shaving or putting on lipstick, you know?

I had an ex who loved watching me put on makeup. Said it made hym "happy" in all the euphemistic sense there. grin. That made me feel quite femme, you know.
I'm glad to see that your "secret" girl routines help keep your fabulous femme self feeling just that. It is the little things in life that keep us balanced and a way to stay connected with ourselves. Good for you honey!!
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2009, 10:14 AM   #50
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Arwen;3229]I have not read this nor have I read Butch Is A Noun. I need to correct that though!

I'd love to hear how this speaks to your femme self, Blush. Because I haven't read it, I'm clueless.

This is not to say I won't still be clueless after I've read it. HA

I related to the author's description of femmes' inner lives, interactions, and relationships with each other.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #51
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
It's that acknowledgment without explanation that I love about other femmes.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #52
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

I've been having some trouble with this.... okay. A lot of trouble. I can't seem to articulate what makes me feel "Femme."

I can tell you what makes me feel sexy--being around Butches. What makes me feel feminine--getting dressed up. What makes me feel like a girl--being around Da---er, wait a minute, lol, I always feel like a girl whether anyone else is around or not...

Yanno, I think that's the heart of it. I always feel like a Femme, too. Nothing changes it, nothing makes it more or less, nothing brings it forward or pushes it back... being Femme just IS. It's not something I do, it's not something other people can change, it's not something that even needs attention... it's just me, at the bedrock of my being.

I used to worry about it a lot. I've felt utterly inadequate about it, I've felt stupid about it, I've felt gauche and awkward with it---but those have all been responses to others who have judged it. I'm hoping I'm finally beyond that kind of vulnerability and uncertainty.

It helps enormously that a category finally showed up that fits me to a T. The day Gryph called me a "Homespun Femme" I realized that nobody could judge me for being not-good-enough in that category, lol! A Homespun girl doesn't have to perform any kind of gender presentation, doesn't have to conform to anyone else's standards, doesn't have to reform her looks and glam it up for anyone. A Homespun Femme just IS, however she might be in the moment.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #53
Puplove

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,216 Times in 705 Posts
Puplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
I've been having some trouble with this.... okay. A lot of trouble. I can't seem to articulate what makes me feel "Femme."
Thanks Bit, you have put into words my feelings and struggle with questions around this topic -- I can't name what makes me feel femme. I just am. What makes me feel like myself? Same question. Just living.
Now, I can name things I appreciate, that make me feel "at home" or joyful, like other femmes or butch appreciation of me -- but I would still be femme and be myself without that. And that can be Homespun Femme or Glitter Femme or Biscuit-n-Gravy-Hair-Extensions Femme or Snark Femme....all are perfectly my true self if I AM being true to myself. No one else can make me more or less (but they can add happiness that they are in my life!)

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "...Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Puplove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Puplove For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #54
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Y'all seriously are the best. I love that this has come up. I think it is very important.

It goes hand in hand with e's thread (Open Letter: Dear Femme).

So how about this...what books do you know that are on the subject of femme?

I know an anthology was just released this year. Has anyone read it? I think it is called Visibility:A Femme Anthology.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:42 PM   #55
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,450 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Y'all seriously are the best. I love that this has come up. I think it is very important.

It goes hand in hand with e's thread (Open Letter: Dear Femme).

So how about this...what books do you know that are on the subject of femme?

I know an anthology was just released this year. Has anyone read it? I think it is called Visibility:A Femme Anthology.
>[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Femme-Mystique-Lesla-Newman/dp/1555832555"]The Femme Mystique[/ame]<

or

>[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Closet-Nothing-Wear-Leslea-Newman/dp/1555834159"]Out Of The Closet and Nothing To Wear[/ame]<

or, really, anything by Lesléa Newman.
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #56
Princess4u

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, love of my life....princess!!!

Location: Tn for now..waiting for my prince to come and take me away
Princess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I know, right? So jump in! What does femme look like on you, darlin'?
well...femme to me isnt a label...but a descriptor of me...like saying i have green eyes a pretty smile and I am femme...I am proud of this description of me...i honour it and adore it...it IS me...it is who and what I am. You couldnt really describe me without saying I am femme.
Princess4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #57
Princess4u

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, love of my life....princess!!!

Location: Tn for now..waiting for my prince to come and take me away
Princess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST Reputation

omg I have come home....ahhhhhh thank you gal pals for being different but yet so similar....!!!!
Princess4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #58
Lillie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl,princess,her, that girl, she! but mostly just "babygirl"
Relationship Status:
single

Lillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteFemme View Post
Open your eyes, do you not see me? How many times I have thought these words... And sadly, these words in my mind have been given life from those who say they have loved me the most. It's so sad really, but what we must learn to do, is open our eyes and see ourselves -- tricky at times, for most of us long to be seen and acknowledged as the beautiful, brilliant and strong femmes we are.

Julie
Only halfway through this thread but I am stuck in the gut by these two posts.. I AM NOT INVISIBLE and I am/was treated as such...Loved by those who never saw me!..so hard for anyone to understand those words unless you .. like me have been standing there as they walk right through you!..I cried myself to sleep for far to long..questioning why I wasnt what she/hy use to see anymore..when did I put on the cloak of invisibility? Was it given to me or did I find it on my own..I found myself safe in a place that I was never seen. Ya I hear/heard "I love you baby"..but who exactly was she/hy speaking to? not me!..at me..not to me..words that bound me to stay..fear of being alone kept me..and then always falling into the mindset of "oh this isn't so bad, I have a nice house and a tolerable life.." how do you find your way out of that? how do you become visable again? How do you without feeling selfish in your choice? she/hy is quite content to live this way..no passion, no desire.. I N V I S A B I L I T Y. is NOT a superpower..it is the opposite..it rendered/s me powerLESS..I am not very articulate in my posts because I type as I think..so sorry for that lol..It was a tuff place to be..but fear kept me..common sense made me leap!..and It was fabulous!

As far as femme identity.. I have always been feminine to the extreme..at least thats what they told me..I do not like to get my hands/fingernails dirty..but I have no problem getting my freak on after mudbogging!. BUT.its by choice lol..I prefer to stay clean and proper for hym..but hy doesnt always want me that way either..Im flawed just like every other human..male or female that walks this earth..but being femme for me..It is who I am not what I am..Yes I get a mani/pedi..yes I love to be pampered by hym..but I am just as comfortable in my good ole "come fuck me pumps" as I am in my pink flip flops!..I wear a baseball cap to hide a bad hair day lol..and I take extra time to to fix my hair when I wnt..I am quite capable of running to the store w/o makeup on..althought this is not my preferred way..I am a mother and I work and I do live in the REAL world where not everythingis perfect.. .I believe at least for me ..its in my manurisms..I think standing next to any butch it is very obvious how my community will identify me.because most people need that..I identify with it because It really is who I am..I am FEMMenine woman who likes.the contrast between the feminine and masculine woman it is a huge turn on for me..its what makes me always take that second look at a fine looking butch..Their dynamic is sexy and appealing and confident!..

People who don't like lables are not wrong or incorrect for thinking they dont..but for me..I am indifferent..I don't really care..
after all I do have a bumper sticker that reads "you say im a bitch like its a bad thing" HEY i have earned it lol..so..peace out on that!

and I do also agree with the femme sister thingy!...I have a few straight female friends..but I am most comfortable in my own community with my gay friends..its an unspoken understanding..and half the time with my straight friends it turns into Gay lessons 101..it can be exhausting explaing any dynamic..lol

sorry for this ridiculously long post..I love coming here and totally being me..as random as I am..

I love my life..more each day!
Lillie

The most expensive jewels I ever wore around my neck was my child's arms

Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lillie For This Useful Post: