Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 03-03-2024, 07:19 AM   #5381
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 33,964 Times in 8,543 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Had a good inside ride this morning. Didn't go as far as I wanted because the knees are a bit stiff. I did some steps on the stair stepper and that helps the knees. Glutes are sore which means I need to hit the stair stepper more often.

It's been a year since my first knee surgery and they're still stiff, but they're so, so much better.

It's crazy warm in my area today so I'll get out for a short walk.

Old 03-08-2024, 07:59 AM   #5382
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Had a really good ride on the bike this morning while listening to Heavy D. All my rides have been good since I've mixed things up a bit.

I usually don't eat before exercising, but lately I eat a banana or a slice of banana-walnut bread with peanut butter on it 20 minutes before exercising and it's made a difference. It gives me a kick that I can feel as I'm working out and I treat myself to a chocolate protein drink afterwards. Works for me.

Old 03-08-2024, 10:11 AM   #5383
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile “Motion is lotion” exercise report

So, a few weeks back I caught some bug which I probably got from somebody at the gym. I hate when people expose others to their illnesses by not staying home.

Anyhoooo: here is what I do when I go to the gym.

1) half hour on the recumbent bike at level 2. My heart rate scores are between 75 to 113, depending on how fast I pedal or position my body on the bike.

2) half hour of doing laps in the pool. Backstroke, only.

3) a good long sit in the jacuzzi (20 minutes or so)

4) sit in the steamy sauna for about 5 minutes, before I call it a day.

And, I definitely like my gym!! Get to see all the wildlife out on the river front and the blossoming cherry and plum trees. So pretty here, right now.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2024, 07:01 AM   #5384
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Lucky you, Katz. Sounds like you have nice times at the gym.

I had another good ride this morning. Beyoncé came on just as I was wrapping up so I stayed with it for another half mile.

I'm finally at a place where I know I'll pick up cycling again if I stop for few days or even a week or two. I guess I learned that last year with my surgeries but it's sinking in now. I didn't have an exercise routine for most of my life and since I've started exercising, I'd sometimes get anxious if I missed a day or two. Not anymore. This peace of mind added to the good ride I had this morning. No guilt for not exercising this weekend, no pressure to try and maybe make up for lost time. Just an easy ride while the sun came up.

Old 03-16-2024, 06:53 AM   #5385
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Had a good half-mile walk with sweet Bella this morning. I hadn't planned on exercising today, but found myself outside with the cutest doggie in the 'hood.

I was tired by the time we made it to Bella's home, but it was good walk. A year ago this time I was in between surgeries and was using a walker or cane just to make it to the restroom and kitchen. So, there is that, but I really need to up my "walkin' game." I'm going to some PRIDE parades on the lake this year and can't be gettin' tired after walking a few blocks.

Had some good rides this week, did a bunch of arm rolls, and put in some steps on the stair stepper (glutes are appreciating that). I'm stronger this year than I was last year, thank goodness. It's just taking time.

Hopin' y'all are gettin' in a step or two.

Tags
exercise, weights