Old 05-29-2019, 04:51 AM   #141
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

That my boss is even more stupid than I already thought he was.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2019, 09:23 PM   #142
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Today I learned, the Japanese method of decluttering the stuff that brings you joy, if it doesn't anymore then get rid of it, take a guess who cleared his dresser drawers of stuff today!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2019, 09:30 AM   #143
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~
I've noticed a few posts about de-cluttering the Japanese style and I've even watched her TV show but do have a comment or two regarding it.

I wouldn't say I love or that my stapler brings me joy nor my tape dispenser, but regardless I do need them! I could go on and on with other examples but she's speaking more to personal effects I guess!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2019, 10:46 AM   #144
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~
I've noticed a few posts about de-cluttering the Japanese style and I've even watched her TV show but do have a comment or two regarding it.

I wouldn't say I love or that my stapler brings me joy nor my tape dispenser, but regardless I do need them! I could go on and on with other examples but she's speaking more to personal effects I guess!
I think it may it hold true when you have many of the same items. Say 50 T shirts. Pick the ones that make you happy when you wear them, and let the surplus go.

IMHO
I also suspect there is a life lesson about "sparking joy". What I got from Marie Kondo is that we have many choices to make in life about belongings and life paths. She is teaching people to identify what brings them joy and encouraging them to do that. It's about creating happiness. Actually choosing happiness. I also think that there are cultural differences at play. Japanese are traditionally minimalists.

Anyway that was my take.
Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2019, 10:53 AM   #145
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation
Default Baryshnikov

Forty-five years ago today, July 27, 1974, Mikhail Nikolayevich "Misha" Baryshnikov made his American Ballet Theatre debut, dancing opposite fellow expatriate Natalia Makarova just weeks after his defection from the Soviet Union. He was a sensation. He has never returned to Russia.

In my opinion he is one of the finest male ballet dancers I have ever seen. He dances like a male stag leaping and frolicking through the woods. Bruce Lee wanted to train him as a martial artist. They were on the same level skill wise. Ballet dancers are incredible athletes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2019, 03:38 PM   #146
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:

Default Wonderful story and FABULOUS photos of her.

Georgia O’Keeffe: She Lived Deliciously Alone in the Wild, Wild West.

The Following User Says Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2019, 01:59 PM   #147
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:

Default I learned a new word today.

in·sou·ci·ant
/inˈso͞osēənt, inˈso͞oSHənt/

adjective

showing a casual lack of concern; indifferent.
"an insouciant shrug"

synonyms:nonchalant, untroubled, unworried, unruffled, unconcerned, lacking concern, indifferent, blasé, heedless, relaxed, calm, equable, equanimous, serene, composed, casual, easy, easygoing, airy, breezy, carefree, free and easy, free from care, free from worry, happy-go-lucky, lighthearted, frivolous, unserious.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2019, 10:57 PM   #148
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO LAUGH OR CRY!

Fem-pocalypse

Fem-pocaplyspe:

- is the END of the naturally functioning modern global society due to hyper-masculinization of woman and hyper-feminization of men, and the END of traditional gender roles, which is also characterized by the preferential treatment of women combined with shameless bashing of men and bashing of all things male by both men and women
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2019, 11:21 PM   #149
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

``
That a leopard never changes its spots..........
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:31 AM   #150
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

That a French Connection can be something other than a cocktail, or an elaborate drug trafficking scheme.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2019, 03:45 PM   #151
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

That changing doctors within your health care facility was something i should have done a LONG time ago.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2019, 06:31 PM   #152
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

Thanked 21,352 Times in 6,710 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

a leopard doesn't change it's spots
Old 11-01-2019, 09:51 PM   #153
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

My taste in music is starting to change a bit LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2020, 07:45 PM   #154
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,311 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I learned there was a piece of space junk in 2017 they thought was a comet, but it wasn't, and scientists think it might actually be a piece of alien technology! It's very thin, and flat and big, and moves like a sail through space (browsing science channels on TV today)
Old 02-02-2020, 10:41 PM   #155
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

it is very telling when someone who claims to "not want to talk to you" emails you out of the blue...... hmmm

things are not always as them seem...and people only tell their story... typically never the truth
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2020, 05:28 PM   #156
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

No matter how hard you try, you can't please everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post: