Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 09-17-2019, 06:03 AM   #3841
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Update..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Two New York Times reporters say they’ve uncovered a previously unreported account of sexual misconduct allegedly carried out by Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh when he was a student at Yale.

In an op-ed for the Times, Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly said they learned of the alleged misconduct during a 10-month investigation of Kavanaugh’s life at prep-school and Yale, including the assault accusations, for their upcoming book, “The Education of Brett Kavanaugh: An Investigation.”

Max Stier, Kavanaugh’s classmate at Yale, told the reporters that he once saw Kavanaugh with his pants down while his friends pushed his penis into the hands of a female student during a dorm party.

According to Pogrebin and Kelly, Stier reported his account to senators and the FBI, though the FBI didn’t investigate it. Pogrebin and Kelly said they “corroborated the story with two officials who have communicated with” Stier.

What Stier said he witnessed is similar to an allegation lodged against Kavanaugh by his former classmate Deborah Ramirez, which was first reported by the New Yorker’s Ronan Farrow last September.
Alleged Victim In New York Times Kavanaugh Story Denies Any Recollection Of Incident

Sidebar: My school of thought is.. perhaps she has "convenient memory lost" after seeing the despicable way other accusers of Kavanaugh were treated when they came forward and what a sham the whole confirmation hearing was! IMHO after seeing what Christine Blasey Ford went through and him still being confirmed, it's my opinion no female in her right mind will come forward now unfortunately!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2019, 09:42 PM   #3842
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

https://www.nashvillescene.com/news/...boQuqG9eUdAKK0
Old 09-18-2019, 08:20 AM   #3843
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Alleged Victim In New York Times Kavanaugh Story Denies Any Recollection Of Incident

Sidebar: My school of thought is.. perhaps she has "convenient memory lost" after seeing the despicable way other accusers of Kavanaugh were treated when they came forward and what a sham the whole confirmation hearing was! IMHO after seeing what Christine Blasey Ford went through and him still being confirmed, it's my opinion no female in her right mind will come forward now unfortunately!

I believe your honest opinion is spot on. I can’t stand that fucker!
Old 09-18-2019, 03:42 PM   #3844
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Maybe it is selective memory loss or maybe a drunken blackout or maybe she was too drunk to be conscious.

Hearsay is not legally allowed in prosecution.And the victim not remembering while a bunch of other party goers do remember is suspect as well.

This all came up again because of another book. The statute of limitation saves the people reporting from being charged with complicity aka watching someone being sexually attacked and standing by doing nothing for 50 years. That is more worrisome to me.

Women are well aware of the risks they take when they come forward. Some of this was erased during the 2nd wave but then it was dropped when women became more concerned about employment, single parenthood and other issues.

If you understand the history of women, you know all the hardships the trailblazers endured were deliberately avoided by most out of fear. Understandable but change means taking those risks for both yourself and others. Cowering in the corner serves no one.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 01:21 AM   #3845
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool U.S. Navy confirms that UFOs actually exist

As seen on Stephen Colbert a few minutes ago, the U.S. Navy has confirmed that UFOs actually exist, but they call them UAPs (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena)!

As per The Washington Post article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...op-saying-ufo/

even got a clip, from a sighting mentioned by Anderson Cooper (CNN) 2 days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ZJQ4I7_3M

Well, who knew! lol
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 07:20 AM   #3846
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 540 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Prorogation of UK Parliament declared ILLEGAL

The prorogation of Parliament for 5 weeks by Boris Johnson has been delcrred illegal. Parliament will resume sitting at 11:30am on Wednesday.

see https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49810261 for details.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:27 PM   #3847
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire View Post
The prorogation of Parliament for 5 weeks by Boris Johnson has been delcrred illegal. Parliament will resume sitting at 11:30am on Wednesday.

see https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49810261 for details.
I saw this, do you think it will change Brexit? Hi there btw! xoxoxoxo
Old 09-24-2019, 02:45 PM   #3848
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
I saw this, do you think it will change Brexit? Hi there btw! xoxoxoxo
Too hard to tell. Thing is that the referendum on Brexit was a close call in the first place, but it;s clear that a sizable minority of those who were in favour of Brexit assumed taht it'd be done "nicely", ie: with a sensible deal. Those folk are as unhappy about a no-deal Brexit as the Remainers are.

Johnson hasn't been making any real effort to get a deal but says he'd rather die in a ditch than ask for another extension to the UK exiting the EU. Meanwhile, he has thoroughly disgraced himself in the eyes of most people in the country,including many members of his own party. Parliament will be sitting from tomorrow lunchtime again, and now has plenty of time to put forward motions and vote on them. Just about everybody is angry that teh Queen has been involved in the middle of a political row (the Queen had no real choice in giving assent to the prorogation, as per custom; if she had refused, she would have been interfering in politics) There's already rumblings from some quarters that Johnson should resign.

Given all THAT - I reckon it'd be easier to predict the fall of a ball in roulette!
Old 09-24-2019, 03:37 PM   #3849
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,129 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

I am absolutely giddy ~ YEAH PELOSI !!!
Old 09-25-2019, 12:54 PM   #3850
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

I forgot to add a potentially significant factor in my previous posting: at teh time of teh original referendum, the engagement of young folk was pretty low. UK politics had been so "Meh! What;s the point?" for so long, that frankly, I couldn;t blame them. And everyone knew that teh result woudl be to remain, the leave vote woudl just be a protest vote. That really is what everyone thought they knew.

The result of the referndum was a shock to everyone, not least David Cameron, and youngsters in particular were stunned and outraged. Had they bothered to vote in the first place, of course, the vote might well have gone the other way. Meanwhile, in the three years since then even more youngsters have reached voting age, and a simialr number of older voters will have died. So what with one thing and another, it;s an entirely reasonable guess that if the same referendum were held today, the result would go the other way.

It's also become more evident to more people just how much chaos and disruption to services a no-deal Brexit would cause. And naturally, folk are starting to question why, under the circumstances, Boris and teh liek are so keen on going ahead with a no-deal Brexit. Favourite theory seems to be that they've got some financial interest in seeing the UK economy take a hit. I know that sort of thing can be done, though I do not understand how. How likely that notion is to be true I am not sure - but given how unscrupulous Johnson has shown himself to be, I lean toward thinking it a distinct possibility.

Add all that into what I said in my previous posting, and you can see why someone like me, who isn't particularly into politics, hasn't a hope of trying to predict how things will progress.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:38 PM   #3851
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

Has there ever been a bigger BAFOON than Donald Trump ~ I was waiting for him to turn into porky pig ~ he was rambling on and on making no sense ~ I personally feel he has gone crazy. ~ on that note we as thinking functioning intelligent people should just wait for the Justice Dept. to take over . This public address to the American People will go down in history as THE speech of lies. Last night on Stephen Colbert he did a skit on the "WHISTLEBLOWER" and then showed a picture of Melania Trump lol ~ I needed a laugh like that . ty SC lol
Old 09-25-2019, 07:11 PM   #3852
Ravenouss

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
There might be many princesses in a kingdom, but only one Queen!

2 Highscores

Ravenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST ReputationRavenouss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
Has there ever been a bigger BAFOON than Donald Trump ~ I was waiting for him to turn into porky pig ~ he was rambling on and on making no sense ~ I personally feel he has gone crazy. ~ on that note we as thinking functioning intelligent people should just wait for the Justice Dept. to take over . This public address to the American People will go down in history as THE speech of lies. Last night on Stephen Colbert he did a skit on the "WHISTLEBLOWER" and then showed a picture of Melania Trump lol ~ I needed a laugh like that . ty SC lol
Sounded like he had a mini stroke or someone put a Valium in his coke.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:29 AM   #3853
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

rut row porky pig is gonna blow !! (aka TRUMP) his reaction to the investigation is hitting porky in his squiggly tail ~ I wonder if a divorce lawyer is on a retainer ? on another note I loved the earing's and that 4 layered pearl necklace worn by one of our sister's was perfect accessorized attire for the televised meetings.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:29 AM   #3854
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,395 Times in 2,598 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default news

Has anyone seen the UKs P.M.? I swear he is a Trump fan, they look identical from some shots . I think they both use the same bad hairdresser.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2019, 11:31 AM   #3855
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-Butch View Post
Has anyone seen the UKs P.M.? I swear he is a Trump fan, they look identical from some shots . I think they both use the same bad hairdresser.
((((( stone ))))))) lol that color should be outlawed ~
Old 11-04-2019, 10:50 AM   #3856
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,893 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

A federal court just ruled that T^^^p must turn over 8 years worth of taxes, just moments ago. Hopefully, knowing how T^^^p lies and distorts and evades the truth by manipulating facts and evidence, a forensic Tax specialist officer will find every lie hidden in his tax returns.

NYT article link ~~~>>>>> (click here)

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2019, 02:36 PM   #3857
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
A federal court just ruled that T^^^p must turn over 8 years worth of taxes, just moments ago. Hopefully, knowing how T^^^p lies and distorts and evades the truth by manipulating facts and evidence, a forensic Tax specialist officer will find every lie hidden in his tax returns.

NYT article link ~~~>>>>> (click here)
maybe this is why he moved to Florida where there aren't property taxes !! ty 4 sharing ((((( Katzchen)))))
Old 11-04-2019, 11:02 PM   #3858
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,893 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
maybe this is why he moved to Florida where there aren't property taxes !! ty 4 sharing ((((( Katzchen)))))
If there's no property taxes in Florida, then it's plausible to believe that this might be why that person chose that choice. But..., I'm thinking it's because they don't want to be held accountable for tax evasion in New York, where they have claimed they have lived all along.

LOL (or not), it is definitely a civics lesson for the general public on how this clown is doing everybody he owes money to, including the IRS. Imagine if you lived in one of the slum buildings owned by any member of that family? They charge you a high price to live in their version of apartment homes, when they, in secret, have probably found a way to cheat the government by not paying taxes on their properties and misusing funds designated for 'renovating' certain properties when they probably never did anything except change a light-socket panel cover or (….).

Thanks for holding space for me, Sister Ocean. I appreciate the kind and warm hearted tones conveyed in your post.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2019, 11:44 AM   #3859
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Roger Stone

Roger Stone has been found guilty on all 7 counts...

another one bites the dust... !!

At least, a significant portion of the judicial system in the States to date is as yet untainted.

My mind boggles at the incredible degree of corruption of all these politicians and their accomplices, and the fact that Trump has not yet been dethroned.
Considering how corrupt the Republicans are as well as a large percentage of Americans who now believe in weird conspiracy theories, obviously the Congress will vote to impeach (eventually), but I have understood that the Republican held Senate will not vote the same way. I fear for democracy world-wide.

I would like to say that this will end badly, but it is ludicrous to assume "for whom" it will end badly, considering how loyalty is emphasized instead of truth and fact.

Am presently watching Marie Yovanovitch's testimony in the Senate hearings. Even while testifying, Trump tweeted about her, and trashed her! How sad and tragic that her career ended so badly and was engineered by thoroughly bad/evil people.

This whole process makes me think that in spite of all the obvious overt lying of those in power, the worst lies are always the lies of omission, the silence of those who could say something against the obvious abuse and corruption but don't because of vested interests.

Apparently, I'm kinda relieved that there are still people in the world like Yovanovitch and the others who the Senate will be calling upon and who are willing to testify who have some degree of integrity.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2019, 11:48 AM   #3860
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
Roger Stone has been found guilty on all 7 counts...

another one bites the dust... !!

At least, a significant portion of the judicial system in the States to date is as yet untainted.

My mind boggles at the incredible degree of corruption of all these politicians and their accomplices, and the fact that Trump has not yet been dethroned.
Considering how corrupt the Republicans are as well as a large percentage of Americans who now believe in weird conspiracy theories, obviously the Congress will vote to impeach (eventually), but I have understood that the Republican held Senate will not vote the same way. I fear for democracy world-wide.

I would like to say that this will end badly, but it is ludicrous to assume "for whom" it will end badly, considering how loyalty is emphasized instead of truth and fact.

Am presently watching Marie Yovanovitch's testimony in the Senate hearings. Even while testifying, Trump tweeted about her, and trashed her! How sad and tragic that her career ended so badly and was engineered by thoroughly bad/evil people.

This whole process makes me think that in spite of all the obvious overt lying of those in power, the worst lies are always the lies of omission, the silence of those who could say something against the obvious abuse and corruption but don't because of vested interests.

Apparently, I'm kinda relieved that there are still people in the world like Yovanovitch and the others who the Senate will be calling upon and who are willing to testify who have some degree of integrity.
GREAT NEWS..........
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:

Tags
breaking news, news