Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 01-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
sharonsuburbia

How Do You Identify?:
femme

sharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputationsharonsuburbia Has the BEST Reputation
Red face older femmes

I am an older femme - I am not trying to create issues but I have noticed we are not very welcome in certain quarters - where are the women and butches (I will not get intol the label game for older femmes )cougar like skate boarding is not a crime!!
sharonsuburbia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sharonsuburbia For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Question Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonsuburbia View Post
I am an older femme - I am not trying to create issues but I have noticed we are not very welcome in certain quarters - where are the women and butches (I will not get intol the label game for older femmes )cougar like skate boarding is not a crime!!

What quarters have you experienced this in? I'm no spring chicken and haven't experienced it here or anywhere else..

Or maybe I didn't notice, there are some folks who are into Older Femme younger _____ kinda relationships, fucks, trists, rolls in the hay, gatherings, in bars.....
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
smouldering

How Do You Identify?:
Punky girly girl, glittery femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc.
Relationship Status:
Single, Recovering

Thanked 3,974 Times in 924 Posts
smouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
What quarters have you experienced this in? I'm no spring chicken and haven't experienced it here or anywhere else..

Or maybe I didn't notice, there are some folks who are into Older Femme younger _____ kinda relationships, fucks, trists, rolls in the hay, gatherings, in bars.....
Agreed, I haven't noticed any ageism going on anywhere either, I mean besides the obvious threads that are geared towards those who are under 30. But then again, unless someone specifically gives their name, i just post under the assumption they are at least 18. I am sorry you've experienced that
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to smouldering For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #4
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

nor have I.....all the sandboxes are welcoming...and they all play nicely!!
Old 01-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanent ban 3/17/2013 - TROLL
Relationship Status:
Partner to my best friend

Thanked 1,874 Times in 485 Posts
ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

Speaking for myself, it's about a femme's maturity, which has nothing to do with age. Not sure where you're feeling like you don't fit in but certainly, if people attempt to make you feel uncomfortable or unwelcome, it isn't your problem, it's theirs.
ButchEire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Make that another who has not been subjected to ageism. I spend most of my time in the threads and very little in chat but have found both places very welcoming nonetheless. I agree with ButchEire...don't the let the actions of a few ruin your experience here.

Cheers,

Scoobs

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #7
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

As a femme who will turn 60 next month (Holy shit, batman!), I think for ME, any ageism I may have felt was probably self-inflicted. And projected. I have been scared, and self-conscious about my age, figuring that there would be no one out there who would want someone like ME. Bah!

I have spoken to a few butches on here, that may have started out "hot and heavy" and yeah, they may have cooled soon after we BOTH found the difference in ages. No problem, no foul, what we ended up with is a friendship. I *like* friends, don't know about anyone else.

I have come to accept just what an amazing woman I AM, what a great wonderful hot catch I will be, and no one but ME can take that away from me. I have decided to guard that about me now. I know there are some young studs that may just not get what I could offer. Truth be told, I don't actually think I WANT to offer that to just anyone anymore. I want to offer my best to someone that can actually take it and appreciate it for what it is.

Personally, I am talking to a woman right now, a butch that is going to be 48 next month. We talked about the age difference, long and hard. She has only ever dated women her age or younger, never someone older at all. She and I both had to decide if this is something that we could work with. We have decided to take a chance and continue getting to know each other. Great!

I will tell you this.... she told me this morning when I spoke to her, that I was "scary hot".... I wasn't sure what that meant or if I should be offended and hurt... she said that she has never known a woman who has as much to offer, physically, emotionally, mentally, intellectually as I have shown in the time I have known her. She wants more... of ME, the almost-60 yr old woman! How cool is THAT????

You will find someone. We all will. I only know for ME that I had to find ME first before someone else could find me, and appreciate me.
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Pssst...Maturity is a sexy quality..smiles
And I have noticed most people on here value it highly.

There has been a couple times I was degraded here..actually almost left. But much to my suprise..people stopped me.

I really do not think this is about AGE honestly.

I see it more as people acting imature due to seeing something in you they lack. Or that they want and are threatened.

Pay it no mind..it goes away shortly...smiling

Be proud of your age..You earned every second, every grey hair and every beautiful wriknle you have.!

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

How older?

There seem to be a whole sexy set of Butches of all ages into older Femmes!
Old 01-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #10
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,908 Times in 1,861 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

I'm fairly confident that there are more attributes that play into who we are attracted to, than age—its the whole package.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #11
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I just had a lovely conversation with someone recently who had spent more than ten years in a relationship with a femme 20 years her senior. They had a lovely relationship. It can be just as successful as any relationship, whether there's age differences or not. It's not the numbers that count; it is the people.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 12:04 AM   #12
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

I'm ageist.

There. I said it.

I've dated people much younger (18 years) than me. They were sexy, hot, and rocked my world. Did we have differences due to the age gap? Yes. Were they insurmountable? No.

Did it bother me that I was a year older than his mother?

Yes, absolutely.

As the "scary hot" APG stated, I made more about the age difference than mr. younger butch (who is a member here). He never brought it up. I did all the time.

In the end, age wasn't what caused us to part as lovers--it was another hangup on my side. We are still good friends (thank goodness).

I am now involved with someone who is 3 years younger. For me, this works better.

And it is simply my hangup with the age gap so I learned that about me.

To the OP's question, about not being accepted in certain quarters, I am going to assume that's in your community?

Check meetup.com. I know Austin's Lesbian meetup has an older group meetup as well as an under 30 meetup.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 12:19 AM   #13
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Unless I am totally oblivious, and I can honestly say I am not. I have NEVER encountered any issues regarding my age. I am fifty. AARP won't let me forget it, as they send me a membership kit every single month. (I'm NOT gonna join, so quit sending em LOL) I personally like myself better at fifty than I did even when I was forty. I am more comfortable in my own skin. I know what I want. Where I have been and where I want to end up. I feel like I really came into who I am in the past few years. Everyone is different, but this is my experience.
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #14
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

I love that this thread is in the troubleshooting section.
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #15
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation
Wink cant resist posting this

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #16
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I love that this thread is in the troubleshooting section.
Ya. I think I'm gonna be moving this into the Femme section as it's not really a troubleshooting or Question about the website itself (which is what this forum is for).

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #17
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Ya. I think I'm gonna be moving this into the Femme section as it's not really a troubleshooting or Question about the website itself (which is what this forum is for).
After discussing this with the mods, Medusa pointed out the Fine Wine forum. This is a more appropriate location for this thread.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #18
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Smile

I think a troubleshooting section for
relationship's is genius. not sure it would really help but
I hear what your laying down.

eh now my post's wont make sense
but what else is new
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #19
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I think a troubleshooting section for
relationship's is genius. not sure it would really help but
I hear what your laying down.

eh now my post's wont make sense
but what else is new
Heh.. could be dangerous. A relationship troubleshooting thread in the Relationship forum makes sense. BUT would need heavy caveats as it could lead to some serious drama if questions asked aren't done with appropriate consideration.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #20
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Heh.. could be dangerous. A relationship troubleshooting thread in the Relationship forum makes sense. BUT would need heavy caveats as it could lead to some serious drama if questions asked aren't done with appropriate consideration.
Perhaps in the redzone
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post: