Old 12-10-2015, 10:43 PM   #2521
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ah, Paris....

Like so many others that were shocked and sadden by the recent bombings in Paris I sought solace in the familiar. What better way to honor that lovely city than with a re-read of Hemingway's "A Moveable Feast?" I went to order the book as I had long since given my copy away when I discovered there is now a "revised" edition. I have mixed feeling on "revisions" (go ahead, ask me how I feel about 'Anne Frank' revisions) and this one is getting some rather mixed reviews. Apparently a grandson was not thrilled with how his grandmother (Hemingway's second wife) was portrayed so he revised "A Moveable Feast" more to his liking. I have been teeter-tottering on which to read, the original or the revised. I suppose for the sake of nostalgia it will have to be the original. C'est la vie.......

Katniss~~
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2015, 03:32 AM   #2522
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

The Spectre Trilogy: Thunderball, On Her Majesty's Secret Service & You Only Live Twice
By Ian Fleming
Old 12-11-2015, 09:27 AM   #2523
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation

i have abandoned the bio about mark cavendish.
i just get one with it.
i may get the danish girl on kindle.
cant wait for the film to come out.
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:13 AM   #2524
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jools66 View Post
i have abandoned the bio about mark cavendish.
i just get one with it.
i may get the danish girl on kindle.
cant wait for the film to come out.
Will you read Danish Girl first or watch the film first? I only ask because I'd love to see the movie, and may not have patience or time enough to read the book first. Ah, predicaments...
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:17 AM   #2525
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Reading various scripts for potential theatre projects next year; even though I said I'd take a break from directing. Oh well.

A few playwrights on my list:
Albi Gorn
Lillian Hellman
Robert Patrick
Old 12-19-2015, 03:37 PM   #2526
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
Will you read Danish Girl first or watch the film first? I only ask because I'd love to see the movie, and may not have patience or time enough to read the book first. Ah, predicaments...
I will go and see the film first.
I do this because after reading the book to the film Carol first, I didn't get along
With the film the first time round.
So this time I will read the book after.
Its in cinemas on the 1st january over here in the uk.
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2015, 03:49 PM   #2527
angelface
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

angelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputation

angelface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 05:20 PM   #2528
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Divergent... I am loving the book as much as the movie.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:06 PM   #2529
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default ay

"After You" by Jojo Moyes

Author from UK...good one.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 07:30 PM   #2530
Bubala

How Do You Identify?:
Lady Sunflower
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 1,669 Times in 615 Posts
Bubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST Reputation

Bubala is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubala For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2015, 08:36 PM   #2531
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lesbian romance fluff.......

Getting Back Rizzo, Cindy
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2015, 03:54 AM   #2532
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

I've been feeling the urge to read the Lord of the Ring trilogy again, so I obviously had to start with "The Hobbit".
Old 12-21-2015, 01:58 PM   #2533
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

A very good, long, light, read -The best and most extensive James Thurber collection ever assembled by The Library Of America, complete with cartoons and drawings. He was one funny guy!
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2015, 03:26 PM   #2534
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme on a varied spectrum/babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Thanked 14,633 Times in 6,270 Posts
Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb

Currently reading a New York Times Article on : Medicating Women's Feelings...
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2015, 11:07 PM   #2535
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

NeuroTribes: The legacy of autism and how to think smarter about people who think differently
By Steve Silberman
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2015, 06:15 PM   #2536
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2015, 07:37 PM   #2537
afrcnqueen

How Do You Identify?:
By name
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happy on my journey to Self- Love!! :-)

afrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

I'm curious about the author. Have you read her works before?
A friend just lent me The Thing Around your neck. Looking forward to the read.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:48 PM   #2538
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrcnqueen View Post
I'm curious about the author. Have you read her works before?
A friend just lent me The Thing Around your neck. Looking forward to the read.
This is the first book of hers I've read. I started it last spring and then had to put it down for a bit. I packed it for a train ride the other day and got 130 pages in and am hooked. Very much looking forward to reading her other works. A friend of mine told me that all 11th graders in a high school in Sweden were given a copy of her book We Should All Be Feminists.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2015, 07:55 PM   #2539
afrcnqueen

How Do You Identify?:
By name
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happy on my journey to Self- Love!! :-)

afrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
This is the first book of hers I've read. I started it last spring and then had to put it down for a bit. I packed it for a train ride the other day and got 130 pages in and am hooked. Very much looking forward to reading her other works. A friend of mine told me that all 11th graders in a high school in Sweden were given a copy of her book We Should All Be Feminists.

I just read the reviews on 'We Should All Be Feminists.' I may add it to my list of purchases. Thanks for the suggestion :-)
Old 12-29-2015, 07:58 PM   #2540
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrcnqueen View Post
I just read the reviews on 'We Should All Be Feminists.' I may add it to my list of purchases. Thanks for the suggestion :-)
Let us know how The Thing Around Your Neck is. I think I'm going to do Half of a Yellow Sun next.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading