Notices

Old 05-22-2019, 09:38 PM   #14361
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Orema, sounds like you have been handling yourself well under extreme pressure ... infinitely better than I do. I usually invite him (it is always a male) to join me in a little excursion to the warehouse. I then chew him out.

Hugs to you, sweet lady!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2019, 04:31 PM   #14362
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

Thanked 21,352 Times in 6,710 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Pelosi-she's amazing
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2019, 09:46 PM   #14363
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

That I should have taken out the trash sooner, so to speak, when she decided to act like the victim all the time, when she allows herself to be controlled by someone else.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2019, 09:47 AM   #14364
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
A small measure of relief....

My cousin Ron is still in ICU, but they were able to stop the internal bleeding, and he is breathing on his own.

Ron was the passenger in the car that killed his brother, but wound up with many injuries that will take a while to recover from fully.

Collapsed lung
Broken ribs
Broken sternum
Internal bleeding
Many soft tissue injuries

To me, it seems most of his injuries were probably caused by the airbag, but I cannot imagine the extent of his injuries had it not held him in place as the car rolled over multiple times. THAT is how hard and how fast the drunk driver hit the car.

Scott had no chance, not even with a nurse seeing the accident and performing CPR

Please don’t drink and drive, please.....
Ron has been moved to “medium care”, and will be airlifted to California either today or Tuesday.

He has a long road to recovery ahead, but it looks like he is going to make it!

Thank you all for your kind words and your prayers
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2019, 12:42 PM   #14365
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Yet another job change. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm grateful that companies want to hire me, but it has been quite a whirlwind in the job arena the last two years. I just want this one to be what it promises to be. I'm tired of getting wined and dined to find out that it's all bullshit.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2019, 09:18 AM   #14366
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default On my mind

Etiquette.
I fear that etiquette and manners are being lost these days.

Social etiquette
Dinning etiquette
Conversation etiquette

There were rules on how to conduct yourself in social situations that seem to be disappearing.

We the mentors, should set examples for appropriate social etiquette.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2019, 10:20 AM   #14367
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Etiquette.
I fear that etiquette and manners are being lost these days.

Social etiquette
Dinning etiquette
Conversation etiquette

There were rules on how to conduct yourself in social situations that seem to be disappearing.

We the mentors, should set examples for appropriate social etiquette.

[/quote]

Have please, thank you, you're welcome, pardon me, excuse me, "go ahead, you were here first" even if it's a fib to someone obviously busier, holding too much, struggling with young kids, and one of my favorites, " I'm sorry" to someone accidently victim of a slight disappeared?

How about phone ettiquette?
Hello, no, may I take a message, hold a moment please, thank you and goodbye. People observing my immediate family are astonished at the formalities. Not formal, just polite...to the cats, too. If they've curled up in a common spot, like a chair, well, its theirs until they get up. If spot really wanted, there's always the offer of bribes like cat treats. But if they choose to stay in the spot, an alternate needs to be found by/for the human.

Sure hope common courtesy can be resurrected!
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2019, 04:42 PM   #14368
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

meetings

emails

decisions

packing

moving

not necessarily in that order
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2019, 08:06 PM   #14369
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

On my mind is that it's less than 18 months before the election in 2020.

*tick tock, tick tock*

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2019, 09:04 PM   #14370
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

J is on my mind. She has a growth, and had to have a biopsy. It's affecting her thyroid and they've decided it has to be removed. They're thinking they should be able to leave enough of her thyroid untouched for her to not have to be on on medication. Of course there's the chance that she will but her insurance will cover it and even if for some strange reason it wasn't covered the generic is really inexpensive. Anyhow the plan is to hold off on treatment until after the baby is born. Since they don't suspect cancer I'm not sure why she needed to have a biopsy. Maybe it's just a standard procedure thing, a case of being doubly cautious because she's pregnant.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2019, 10:29 PM   #14371
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Whether to risk things and follow what I want in life or to stay put, work forever and miss out on taking a chance, whether i lose it all or not.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 12:45 AM   #14372
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Whether to risk things and follow what I want in life or to stay put, work forever and miss out on taking a chance, whether i lose it all or not.
Life is really, really short JDeere, too short to live with regrets.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 04:45 AM   #14373
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,011 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I get anxious about school and have to constantly remind myself that I voluntarily signed up for this and it is temporary. Good lord... This current class has been intense and fast and soooo involved. But it is all good stuff. And with my field placement starting in a few months, with those 18 hours a week on top of my normal 50+ work hours and a class, I HAVE GOT to stop panicking myself. I know I will be fine and do well, but this ridiculous overwhelming feeling can be well... overwhelming sometimes.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 04:46 AM   #14374
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I want to buy a welding machine right now. I have been reading a couple of welding books and have done a tremendous amount of research about them. I need to wait a little longer, make sure I get the one that will meet my needs without overkill. Think I will now begin putting in some calls to welders, get their collective opinions. This is going to be a real kick in the pants! Heh Heh!! Can barely wait for the fun to begin! Seriously, it will be so useful around here where I have lived the past three years. So many times a labor-saving project came to a standstill and I thought, "if only I had a welder ... "
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 03:34 PM   #14375
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
Life is really, really short JDeere, too short to live with regrets.
I agree. However I just don't want to lose my family because of my choice of women. Plus i was told if i move out, im not allowed to come back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 04:18 PM   #14376
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Breathe. It will be over before you know it and when you're done it will have been so worth it!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2019, 07:47 AM   #14377
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default On my mind

About 19 years ago I was in a committed relationship with an athlete. She was mostly a triathlon athletic. OMG, it was so much work for me. I had to get up early prepare her food and drinks, load the bikes, and her gear. Set up when we got to the event. Pump her up to do her best. And run around with a camera to catch her events.

One triathlon I wore myself out preparing her so she had to drive us home. Haha!

One race I found a beer tent, haha! That was the best race for me.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2019, 01:34 PM   #14378
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

J - not even 3 months into it says she's experiencing morning sickness. I was fortunate and only had it for about six weeks total with my first son, not that early, and even then only the first three weeks of it were brutal. With my second I never had it at all. I hope this isn't a sign of an difficult pregnancy ahead capped off by a long, drawn out, excruciating labor.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2019, 02:24 PM   #14379
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,097 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

I had to have my best buddy put to sleep this morning...my 17 year old tuxedo kitty. He was the sweetest, most gentle little cat that I have ever known. He had cancer, and his quality of life was diminishing rather quickly. As excruciating as it was to make the decision, it was time.

This was my first experience at having to have a pet euthanized, so I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect. I was relieved at how peaceful it was and how quickly it went. He has always let me hold him on his back and cuddle him like a baby, and that is just how he went today...wrapped up in his fuzzy blanket, having his fur stroked. As soon as the vet administered the meds, his soft little head slowly fell over and rested on my chest. Couple of kisses on top, and that was it. He was at peace.

I am going to miss him terribly...already do, but I am so very glad that I had that sweet, little fuzz muffin in my life.
CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2019, 02:52 PM   #14380
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryWine View Post
I had to have my best buddy put to sleep this morning...my 17 year old tuxedo kitty. He was the sweetest, most gentle little cat that I have ever known. He had cancer, and his quality of life was diminishing rather quickly. As excruciating as it was to make the decision, it was time.

This was my first experience at having to have a pet euthanized, so I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect. I was relieved at how peaceful it was and how quickly it went. He has always let me hold him on his back and cuddle him like a baby, and that is just how he went today...wrapped up in his fuzzy blanket, having his fur stroked. As soon as the vet administered the meds, his soft little head slowly fell over and rested on my chest. Couple of kisses on top, and that was it. He was at peace.

I am going to miss him terribly...already do, but I am so very glad that I had that sweet, little fuzz muffin in my life.
CherryWine, my heart broke reading your post. I am so sorry. The worst experience is the lose of a dear friend kitty.

Contact me if it would help you, I will be thinking of you.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post: