Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 03-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #21
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's warming up finally! I got a good hike in with the dog. Was walking through snow on back trails but it was warm enough that we didn't mind too much.

Rowing machine for 30 minutes or so.

Taught a cooking class that had me running about for a couple of hours. Teaching 15 college kids how to make a whole foods lunch. That was fun busy with with a good meal to follow!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #22
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I did a two hour workout at the gym today, and it was fucking fabulous! I love when I can sleep in on a Sunday and then go to the gym with all my focus and energy as opposed to work days where I might be tired or distracted and not have enough time to do a longer work-out.

First I went on the elliptical-like machine for an hour while I was able to flip between two really good shows. One was an episode of SNAPPED about a lesbian love triangle murder, and the other was a reunion hosted by Andy Cohen on Bravo of the Shahs of Sunset (a reality show I like).

Then I did an hour combo of lifting free weights, yoga, ab exercises, stretches, and the like. I never listen to anything during that because I need to focus and count. It's not like I can zone out, and I like the attention it all requires anyway. It feels good after my heart rate is up from the cardio. I feel like I'm in a state of meditative bliss.

I looked around for this one woman who is always at the gym, as in always. No matter when I show up she's there. She is always doing the stair master. Man, does she ever stay on that stair master for a long time. I muse on her a lot, like why the fuck is she at the gym so much. She is always alone and wearing black skin tight shorts and a black bra top. Her hair is shoulder-length bleach blonde, and she wears it with a pony tail coming out of a baseball cap. She's good at texting while working out intensely. That would kill me. She looks like she has no body fat and does not look anorexic. She looks very fit and muscular. I even wondered if there was a FTM trans element about her because of the traditionally boyish-body that she's created and a kind of boyish walk too. But she wears a little perfume and lipstick, so I've kind of quashed that theory. It's hard to tell how old she is, maybe in her thirties. We exchange the occasional smile. It makes me think of the Jill Sobule song "Lucy at the Gym."

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #23
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Today at my desk:

Stretching exercises & 60 reps each (with 10 pnd dumbbell, on each arm) curls, and triceps (who cares that my co-workers where all googly eyed, and thought I was a weirdo :P).

During my last 20 minute break, I walked down that damn hill that our office sits on, and back up it, 3 times.

That is more than I did yesterday, and less than I'll do tomorrow!
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #24
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Did my usual power walk. Twice around the block.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #25
o222Good

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

o222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Hour and fifteen minutes of exercise today.
3 sets of 12 reps 65lbs abs crunches
3 sets of 11 reps 55lbs bench press
3 sets of 12 reps 55lbs rows
3 sets of 20 reps 90lbs legs abduction
3 sets of 20 reps pyramid 90-100-110lbs legs adduction
3 sets of 15 reps 30lbs ez curl
3 sets of 20 reps 80lbs triceps dips
3 sets of 12 reps 30lbs overhead triceps cable extensions
1 set of 12 reps 40lbs triceps cable pushdown
1 set of 8 reps 40lbs ez curl
My present goal is getting most of the reps up to 15
o222Good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to o222Good For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2013, 12:01 AM   #26
ManOMan

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/His...
Relationship Status:
Single & searching....

ManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST ReputationManOMan Has the BEST Reputation

Was slammed for work for 4.5 days in a row. Today was partially a recuperation day, but I also did a bunch of spring cleaning, so lots or trips to the trash/recycling cans and moving stuff around. It doesn't sound like much, but it caught up with me.

Tomorrow...back to the gym.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:59 AM   #27
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday was a great day to get out and get moving! I let my employee work on some training in the office and I took the maintenance cart and toodled about the property. I cleaned several spaces and enjoyed the wind, except for in the really small space. The wind kept interferring and moving my pile around before I could get it swept up so I had to work extra hard to clean a smaller space. That feels wrong to me. Bigger space: more effort is how my brain computes it. But noooo....Mother Nature said otherwise.

All in all, it was still a good day and I took over 9000 steps during my working hours.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #28
Daktari

Cycling to and from everywhere as usual.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #29
KCBUTCH

How Do You Identify?:
Undaunted QUEER Dom, Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
MYSELF, Syr, Hy, or friend prefered
Relationship Status:
Cautious, indifferent...

Thanked 3,305 Times in 884 Posts
KCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST ReputationKCBUTCH Has the BEST Reputation

I decided to walk to school today 2 miles up hill
It felt good
Old 03-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #30
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Back on the treadmill...

Last year I completed the Couch to 5k program, and then promptly got lazy after I achieved my goal. I'd go back intermittently but I could never reach my 30 minute/ 3 mile pace because I wasn't working consistently.

I started it again a few weeks ago. My main goal, right now, is to just keep going, just keep trying. And to be as consistent as possible.

I was dreading the run on deck for tonight: week 4, run 1 - a leap from 3 minute run intervals to 6 minute run intervals. It was HARD. Really Hard. 6 minutes can feel like an eternity on the treadmill. But I did it.

The most challenging part for me, actually the two most challenging parts for me are:

1. Getting out the door.

Why? WHY? must it be a battle every time? (answer: because I fear failure.)

2. Combatting the negative dialogue that dominates my thoughts during my run. "I can't, I can't, I can't" syndrome.

When I run my legs hurt, my calves are tight, I might get cramps or aches; and I'm still struggling to get back into a good breathing pattern. But 99% of the time these are minor issues and nothing to keep me from physically running (in fact most of these things get better as I warm up). So, I *know* the only thing that is keeping me from moving forward and succeeding - is me. And the most challenging part is to overcome the voice in my head that says "I can't". When I am able to drown out the "I can't" it is a much more enjoyable experience.

So, anyway, today I ran a run I didn't think I could complete. It was hard. And I'm proud that I did it.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #31
o222Good

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

o222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Hour and a half of exercise today.
3 sets of 11 reps 65lbs abs crunches
3 sets of 11 reps 55lbs bench press
3 sets of 12 reps 55lbs rows
3 sets of 20 reps 90lbs legs abduction
3 sets of 20 reps pyramid 90-100-110lbs legs adduction
3 sets of 15 reps 30lbs ez curl
3 sets of 20 reps 80lbs triceps dips
3 sets of 12 reps 30lbs overhead triceps cable extensions
1 set of 12 reps 40lbs triceps cable pushdown

I pretty much do this Mon-Wed-Fri. I added something new today.
The 15 minute workout by Shaun T. It's supposed to be everyday for five weeks with great results! It's low impact on my knees.
I had to quit all cardio months ago due to osteoarthritis in my knees.
It kinda brought me down and I've made no weight loss progress since. When I bend at the knee, there's a lot of crackling sounds, so my knees are pretty shot! Hopefully this new workout will be okay...
Anyway, I feel great at the moment and tell myself "Not bad for someone close to sixty!"
o222Good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to o222Good For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #32
SexyVirgo

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged!

SexyVirgo is on a distinguished road

Yay Support for exercise.

I went to the gym tonight and did 40 minutes on the Stairmaster.
This is my favorite thing because:
It doesn' t hurt my knee
I can't NOT get my heart rate up it because it keeps me working hard, like an ellipitical, but the ellipitical hurts me knee.

I read while I'm on the Stairmaster or obsess about work. It's all good.
SexyVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SexyVirgo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #33
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

30 minutes on the Elliptical and 30 min run..love running in the fog
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #34
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

ok, so my treadmill died....tossed it in the dumpster.
Ok, so these last couple days here have been great. TODAY I did my power walking OUTSIDE!! YAY!! I walked in the neighborhood today and did zig zags up and down the streets throughout all the streets and ended up walking about 2 miles today. I was hurting while walking, but I kept on pushing myself, cause it's a beautiful day. Now I am resting at home, took my gabapentin for my nerve pain and am starting to feel a little better after taking my cymbalta which has a pain killler in it too. I feel good !
I thought you all might enjoy this video and might lift some spirits around here!

Old 03-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #35
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I was in and out of the office all day but still cleaned a few metal boxes. Big ones. Lots of sweeping. The weather's beautiful and was perfect for some manual labor. Lovely breeze and it was in the low 80s. Sunny, happy day makes for sunny, happy exercise.

12,640 steps taken during my 9 hour day!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #36
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

According to my pedometer, I walked 6 miles today around the call center while talking to my customers....That's all I've got.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #37
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Went for a jog this morning and now at the gym feeling the burn on the stairclimber
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #38
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Have been working on muscle definition for a couple of months now. Still surprises me when I see it.

Yesterday I was checking out my upper arms and my inital reaction was wtf is that lump.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #39
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,751 Times in 1,837 Posts
willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation

20 minutes on the cross trainer. It may not sound much but it's 20 minutes more than yesterday I am making a real effort to walk instead of driving whenever possible. It works out between two and five miles depending on my day. That's power walking, not a gentle stroll and on top of however many steps I do generally. My stamina is improving and I feel soooo much better for it!

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...ockAvatars.gif

willow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to willow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #40
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Volunteered at the school I work at today to do sports in the gym with some kids.

- volleyball

- hitting a balloon back and forth with an autistic child. This actually was great exercise. Running to keep a balloon from hitting the ground is surprisingly a lot of work!

- basketball, love basketball- it's great cardio

- ball girl whenever a kid wanted it- chasing balls for someone is great exercise and makes the kid feel like a celeb

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights