Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #81
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
Black Swan which was...creepomatic

Now I have to see that one. Thanks

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #82
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I saw Jodie Foster's latest, The Beaver. I am split on whether or not I liked it. I thought the premise and the story were interesting. I like Jodie's directing abilities so it was a no brainer for me to go. Dealing with mind numbing life crashing depression on film can be tricky. While the movie offered no solutions, it was an interesting glimpse into "what could be". The movie was not so much a story (to me), but rather a snap shot.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2011, 06:05 PM   #83
uglyboi

How Do You Identify?:
As the 'The Bourne Identity'
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cheerful pessimist
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,213 Times in 327 Posts
uglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pokie Poke

"Stone"

I wanted to poke my eyes out after watching it.
uglyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to uglyboi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #84
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation
Default Today. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

I went and saw the 4th installment in the Pirates of the Caribbean series. Like pajara I had mixed feelings on seeing it too. I KNEW I would see .. it is Johnny Depp after all..and I own the first three in the series.. regardless of this movie not having Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley in it.. I still HAD to see it.

I really liked it. However, you can absolutely tell that it was directed by a different director. Also, one of the main reasons I liked the first three movies was that they all had awesome special effects. This movie? I did not see alot of that. I am also not a huge Penelope Cruz fan. I think they could have picked someone different to be Jack's "interest".

In the end.. I will buy it when it comes out on dvd.. to add to My collection. Also, the way this movie ended ... I am guessing there will be a fifth installment as well. I will be looking forward to seeing what they put together next.
JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JakeTulane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2011, 04:13 AM   #85
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up X-Men: First Class and Kung Fu Panda 2

I was lucky enough to see two new movies last night. First I saw X-Men: First Class and then Kung Fu Panda 2.

The X-Men movie answered a LOT of questions I had from previous X-Men movies. It explains how Magneto came to be and how he and Professor X were freinds but yet became adversaries. In this movie you also meet the Professor's first class of students.

Kung Fu Panda 2 is cute and if you liked the first one, you'll like this second one. The Dragon Warrior finds out about where he comes from and saves China from certain destruction, all in the same trip.

We got into the 1st movie for $3.75 as a matinee and then walked into the second movie after using the bathroom...not bad for two movies!
The Following User Says Thank You to Starbuck For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #86
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

I saw "Pirates" last week-end. I had no particular feelings about her before I went, but thought Ms. Cruz was sexy as hell in this movie. Woman dressed masculine-ly swinging a sword and kicking ass? Oh yeah, I like it.
I thought it was the best of the series, pretty much for the same reason you found it lacking, Jake. The movie focused on the story rather than the special effects - the story is what I am all about.

Saw "Xmen First Class" last night. Loved it. Found the relationships believable., enjoyed the story, thought the scene of the young mutants fooling around showing off their skills to be both believeable and funny. Teenage humans can pretty much wreck a room showing off as well, LOL, Dang, I wish I could "smoke" my way from one place to another like the devil looking guy could. I did think it would have been an interesting twist if he had been one of the good guys rather than the rebels. Just a little too trite that the guy who looked like the devil would be a bad guy.

Further waxing philosophical, I found lots of points of comparison between the struggle of the mutants and the struggle we face as queer folk, especially the conflict between the mutants who could "hide" and those who were too blatantly who they were to be able to hide anything. Probably members of other minority groups could draw a similar parallel.
All in all a good film.
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #87
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished watching the priginal of the Howling,with tv so crummy these days its nice to havhe a colection of over 200 movies to choose from.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:20 AM   #88
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTulane View Post
I went and saw the 4th installment in the Pirates of the Caribbean series. Like pajara I had mixed feelings on seeing it too. I KNEW I would see .. it is Johnny Depp after all..and I own the first three in the series.. regardless of this movie not having Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley in it.. I still HAD to see it.

I really liked it. However, you can absolutely tell that it was directed by a different director. Also, one of the main reasons I liked the first three movies was that they all had awesome special effects. This movie? I did not see alot of that. I am also not a huge Penelope Cruz fan. I think they could have picked someone different to be Jack's "interest".

In the end.. I will buy it when it comes out on dvd.. to add to My collection. Also, the way this movie ended ... I am guessing there will be a fifth installment as well. I will be looking forward to seeing what they put together next.
I don't really keep up with who does what very often. So I didn't know the director had changed. Now it makes much more sense. I too was disappointed in the special effects. Or in this movie the more hoakey effects. But yeah, overall like it.

Tonight me and The Boy went to the drive-in. We saw Panda 2 and Thor. We like the first Kungfu Panda enough that we were like "eh why not". It was cute and there were several lines that I bust out laughin' hard at.

Thor was okay. I was expecting more I guess. I understand you can't develop a ton of story line in 2 hours, but I felt it was lacking somewhere. I didn't feel the Thor character developed very fully, or something. It was eh, okay. I did however love, LOVE, LOVE Anthony Hopkins as always. Damn, I don't care how old he gets there's something powerful about his roles that always work for me. grrrrr
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 12:45 AM   #89
I'mOneToo

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
left of right
Relationship Status:
right of left

I'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST Reputation

I love Anthony Hopkins too, so I saw "Hannibal" recently -- everybody said if I liked Silence Of The Lambs, I'd love the sequel.

Blechhh.

I'mOneToo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I'mOneToo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 02:11 AM   #90
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mOneToo View Post
I love Anthony Hopkins too, so I saw "Hannibal" recently -- everybody said if I liked Silence Of The Lambs, I'd love the sequel.

Blechhh.

It took a long time for Hannibal to grow on me. And that was soley because of both Anthony Hopkins and Hinnibal the character. I couldn't stand the way they portrayed Clarice. And felt personally betrayed by Jodie Foster. LOL

The book however was a whole 'nother story....and ending I might ad. I did like it alot.

I hated both the book and movie Hannibal Rising. I liked both Red Dragons, although the first one with William Petersen held more closely to the books.

A
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 06:05 AM   #91
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Knight in shining armour.
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Merlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST Reputation

Was disappointed with pirates 4 .. Other three were so cool.

Hangover 2 .. Loved it .. The monkey deserves an Oscar !!
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merlin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 06:13 AM   #92
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

The last movie I had seen was Saturday " Thor" and it was sorta ok.

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:59 AM   #93
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
Open to healthy possibilities...

Thanked 1,628 Times in 393 Posts
Elijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation

Last night I finally watched Black Swan...now I'm calling My therapist.

~Washington Irving
Elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #94
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:

Elijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST Reputation

I liked Hannibal least of the series. I loved Red Dragon, maybe even more than Silence of the Lambs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mOneToo View Post

Blechhh.

~Washington Irving
The Following User Says Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #95
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahRene View Post
I liked Hannibal least of the series. I loved Red Dragon, maybe even more than Silence of the Lambs.
Oh wow. Even less than Hanibal Rising? It left me with waaaaay more questions than answers.

A
Old 06-06-2011, 08:17 AM   #96
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:

Oh, I missed that one...I will get back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajara2 View Post
Oh wow. Even less than Hanibal Rising? It left me with waaaaay more questions than answers.

A

~Washington Irving
Old 06-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #97
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,527 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Was disappointed with pirates 4 .. Other three were so cool.

Hangover 2 .. Loved it .. The monkey deserves an Oscar !!
I saw Hangover 2 last week with my family!!!! OMG! (Some parts are not for the faint of heart...lol...hilarious!)

The monkey was really good but that Mr. Chow is a hoot!

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #98
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

LMAO got back from Bridesmaids last night and OMG funniest movie in a VERY long time...very well done. I kept wondering why everyone was ranting and raving about a movie that I personally thought looked less than appealing but it was amazing
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #99
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,089 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

I finally got the chance to sit down and watch Black Swan. I still don't get it.... I kept having flashbacks to Showgirls
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #100
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
I finally got the chance to sit down and watch Black Swan. I still don't get it.... I kept having flashbacks to Showgirls
Showgirls? You lost me here, Pinkie. I honestly don't see the connection between the two movies.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
film, movie