Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i’m a reader!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2018, 01:28 PM   #102
indigo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-like
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

indigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputationindigo Has the BEST Reputation

I read both fiction and non-fiction, the latter mainly related to politics and history. Not one day passes without me reading something. So, where are the dates ?
indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to indigo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2018, 02:18 PM   #103
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,352 Times in 862 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
I read and read daily. I'm the girl that always has a book in her purse, even in my evening purse.

I have and will read anywhere that is appropriate. I have known to be reading a book while waiting at the grocery store checkout line, Doctor's office, and even while waiting in elegant restaurants. I don't mind waiting but I do mind waiting for time to pass, so a book makes that wait more bearable. I shut off my phone most times when entering a public space and only turn it on when absolute need be as it's more respectful to the establishment and patrons.

I love bookstores and can spend hours in one. Oddly enough I have not had a date at a bookstore yet. I love the gift of books but don't get me wrong a piece of jewelry is the way to my heart as it holds sentiment!! The perfect gift for me would be books + jewelry/accessories. I may be a reader but I do like nice things as well and have no problem investing in things such as fashion and accessories.

Date a girl that not only reads but looks good, takes care of herself (not for vanity but for health), and is knowledgeable in at least one area that shows knowledge books provide. While looks fade and change intelligence remains and in my opinion intelligence is sexy!!
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2018, 03:06 PM   #104
EnchantedNightDweller

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her, she
Relationship Status:
Being single is a good thing and I like it.

Thanked 2,462 Times in 803 Posts
EnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST Reputation

Ever since I was a young girl, I have loved reference books. One of my parent's friends had a set of encyclopedias and I can remember reading them for hours. Here's my current read, a gem I found at Half Price Books:

EnchantedNightDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to EnchantedNightDweller For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2018, 07:17 PM   #105
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedNightDweller View Post
Ever since I was a young girl, I have loved reference books. One of my parent's friends had a set of encyclopedias and I can remember reading them for hours. Here's my current read, a gem I found at Half Price Books:

Encyclopedias yes one could spend hours pouring over those indeed.......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2018, 07:44 PM   #106
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
I think this should still hold true..............
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2018, 10:14 PM   #107
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Date a womon who not only has a huge library, but has read the books included therein. Also one who can discuss the political theory, history, philosophy, and science concepts of the day or of historical significance.

One capable of initiating and maintaining an argument of theory with knowledge and exuberance with unswaying conviction.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2018, 05:58 PM   #108
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default fw

Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgeek View Post
Date a girl who reads. Date a girl who spends her money on books instead of clothes. She has problems with closet space because she has too many books. Date a girl who has a list of books she wants to read, who has had a library card since she was twelve.

Find a girl who reads. You’ll know that she does because she will always have an unread book in her bag. She’s the one lovingly looking over the shelves in the bookstore, the one who quietly cries out when she finds the book she wants. You see the weird chick sniffing the pages of an old book in a second hand book shop? That’s the reader. They can never resist smelling the pages, especially when they are yellow.

She’s the girl reading while waiting in that coffee shop down the street. If you take a peek at her mug, the non-dairy creamer is floating on top because she’s kind of engrossed already. Lost in a world of the author’s making. Sit down. She might give you a glare, as most girls who read do not like to be interrupted. Ask her if she likes the book.

Buy her another cup of coffee.
Let her know what you really think of Murakami. See if she got through the first chapter of Fellowship. Understand that if she says she understood James Joyce’s Ulysses she’s just saying that to sound intelligent. Ask her if she loves Alice or she would like to be Alice.

It’s easy to date a girl who reads. Give her books for her birthday, for Christmas and for anniversaries. Give her the gift of words, in poetry, in song. Give her Neruda, Pound, Sexton, Cummings. Let her know that you understand that words are love. Understand that she knows the difference between books and reality but by god, she’s going to try to make her life a little like her favorite book. It will never be your fault if she does.

She has to give it a shot somehow.
Lie to her. If she understands syntax, she will understand your need to lie. Behind words are other things: motivation, value, nuance, dialogue. It will not be the end of the world.

Fail her. Because a girl who reads knows that failure always leads up to the climax. Because girls who understand that all things will come to end. That you can always write a sequel. That you can begin again and again and still be the hero. That life is meant to have a villain or two.

Why be frightened of everything that you are not? Girls who read understand that people, like characters, develop. Except in the Twilight series.

If you find a girl who reads, keep her close. When you find her up at 2 AM clutching a book to her chest and weeping, make her a cup of tea and hold her. You may lose her for a couple of hours but she will always come back to you. She’ll talk as if the characters in the book are real, because for a while, they always are.

You will propose on a hot air balloon. Or during a rock concert. Or very casually next time she’s sick. Over Skype.

You will smile so hard you will wonder why your heart hasn’t burst and bled out all over your chest yet. You will write the story of your lives, have kids with strange names and even stranger tastes. She will introduce your children to the Cat in the Hat and Aslan, maybe in the same day. You will walk the winters of your old age together and she will recite Keats under her breath while you shake the snow off your boots.

Date a girl who reads because you deserve it. You deserve a girl who can give you the most colorful life imaginable. If you can only give her monotony, and stale hours and half-baked proposals, then you’re better off alone. If you want the world and the worlds beyond it, date a girl who reads.

Or better yet, date a girl who writes.

– Rosemarie Urquico –
Original blog post here: http://nonamerah.wordpress.com/2011/10/03/869/

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2018, 06:10 PM   #109
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I either send my books along to others, sell them back, or donate them to women's shelters! Is this WHY I haven't been getting any "action"?
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2019, 05:22 PM   #110
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

I must say that a persons bookshelf is a good way to see if we will click or not.
I love books,I couldnt read properly until I was 36,I met a girl,who was middle class and taught me to read.
Like I could read to get by,but not books,she gave me a dictionary.
I started with easy books,and eventually got into the classics,Dickens,Steinbeck.
Unfortunatly,since the trauma that triggured mt Complex PTSD,I find I dont have the concentration,my therapist said it is the last symptom to go.

what a gift she gave me

But I also would need someone who loves music and I guess the same sort of music.
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2019, 08:37 PM   #111
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2019, 09:51 PM   #112
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkgeek View Post
I just paid an ungodly amount of money to ship a box of math notes, bioethics papers and books to Hawaii. I ran out of suitcase room!
Don't forget when shipping books, always request "media" rates...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2019, 04:23 AM   #113
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Recently I met a sniper. NOT A FRIEND, MIND YOU! It was just in passing. When he mentioned he had worked the Arizona and U.S. border, I was horrified because standing before me was a man who hunted and killed human beings. My first reaction was a need to spit in his face. That was my clue I needed to keep my mouth shut and move on because I realized things would rapidly deteriorate and nothing good could could possibly come from my comments.

Normally, I like to read DIY gadget type books or psycho thrillers.

Now I want to read this book, "The Line Becomes A River - Dispatches From the Border" by Francisco Cantú. I know for a fact beforehand this book will disturb me a great deal. I want a paperback copy. There was only one left yesterday at my local Books-A-Million. It was a hard back. I may wait until February when the 2nd edition comes out but will definitely read this book. It is unimaginable to me that someone could lack so much conscience to do this type of work. I know snipers are necessary in certain one hit situations (example: like SEALS doing a rescue on a person somewhere abroad) but to go in to work day after day shooting people who are attempting to walk across a border ... No Fucking Way!!!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2019, 05:53 AM   #114
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
….
Now I want to read this book, "The Line Becomes A River - Dispatches From the Border" by Francisco Cantú. I know for a fact beforehand this book will disturb me a great deal. I want a paperback copy. There was only one left yesterday at my local Books-A-Million. It was a hard back. I may wait until February when the 2nd edition comes out but will definitely read this book. It is unimaginable to me that someone could lack so much conscience to do this type of work. I know snipers are necessary in certain one hit situations (example: like SEALS doing a rescue on a person somewhere abroad) but to go in to work day after day shooting people who are attempting to walk across a border ... No Fucking Way!!!

If you'd prefer a paperback and the store only has hardbacks, you have a couple of options. You could get it online at amazon or you could go into B-a-M and have them order you the paperback version. They would call you when it came in. It's a super easy process and doesn't cost you anything upfront.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2019, 07:30 AM   #115
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
Recently I met a sniper. NOT A FRIEND, MIND YOU! It was just in passing. When he mentioned he had worked the Arizona and U.S. border, I was horrified because standing before me was a man who hunted and killed human beings. My first reaction was a need to spit in his face. That was my clue I needed to keep my mouth shut and move on because I realized things would rapidly deteriorate and nothing good could could possibly come from my comments.

Normally, I like to read DIY gadget type books or psycho thrillers.

This sounds like the kind of book I'd read. Military History and true books about clandestine operations are my passion. Also, Science, especially Geology and Physical Oceanography...rogue waves, earthquakes, and all sorts of seismic events, make my blood hot. A bit of Geography to kind of round things out.

Add Political Theory (Marxism, Anarchism, and others, even Fascism and Authoritarianism,).

Guess those mark me as weird, but who didn't know that already?
Old 01-02-2019, 01:43 PM   #116
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Don't forget when shipping books, always request "media" rates...
Also I have no clue why but you can use media class to mail any pages of medical records!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2019, 11:29 PM   #117
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 12:27 PM   #118
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Who doesn't enjoy a little danger now and then....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 01:33 PM   #119
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I was caught in the library last month. I was doing a little research and found my answer in a huge world atlas book. I eventually, traced what I wanted and then stitched up and framed my project.

I then got a library card. ( I haven't had one in years!) Found a little something I wanted to read. Well, actually, didn't find it, but put my name on a waiting list. I'm happy number 127.

I guess, I'm datable, I have a card now...lol

Psst...you should date a girl who can thread a needle too!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2019, 09:55 AM   #120
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
I was caught in the library last month. I was doing a little research and found my answer in a huge world atlas book. I eventually, traced what I wanted and then stitched up and framed my project.

I then got a library card. ( I haven't had one in years!) Found a little something I wanted to read. Well, actually, didn't find it, but put my name on a waiting list. I'm happy number 127.

I guess, I'm datable, I have a card now...lol

Psst...you should date a girl who can thread a needle too!
Well, I got my email notice of this book. Wait list #127. I really don't think I waited that long. I am the happy renter of a brand new book!

Makes it all that more exciting to turn fresh pages!

I'm getting more date able, I'm on two other lists!

Someone has noticed, I am dating. I can read, thread a needle and cook!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post: