The Femme Zone For all things "Femme"

Old 01-31-2013, 01:08 PM   #21
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Grooming to some people is expensive Ms Kitten, and it is sexist, it may not be so to you, unfortunately it is. There are people from all gender spectrums that can't afford product nor do they have access to make themselves *presentable* according to standard that society deems acceptable. It's also a fact that Coco Chanel comes from a life of privelge and perhaps she isn't self aware of that privelege.

As for different perspectives... My mother isn't American and my Father is a retired military man, so I get the idea of looking neat. I am a fan of neat, but I am also aware that not everyone has the same priviledges when it comes to *grooming*, dressing, make up, beauty products as I do. I also keep in mind that my skin color, hair texture, body shape aren't standard Coco Chanel likings and that other POC like myself don't have access to all these things like most of us here do.

That was really my point about Coco Chanel's delusional, white, priveledge thinking. That's why I let you know ahead of time that I was piggy backing off her quote.

Thanks for the dialogue
While undeniably white, it's hard for me to think that Chanel came from a life of "privilege." She was born to an unwed mother in 1883, and upon her mother's death was placed in an orphanage for the rest of her childhood by her stepfather. Though there is no denying that she attained success later in life, I don't think her entire life was as easy as her later years. As to her designs she was a proponent of a more "natural" and comfortable look for women. She has been credited for changing the idea that a woman had to be corsetted to be "beautiful."
*just a little trivia

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #22
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
While undeniably white, it's hard for me to think that Chanel came from a life of "privilege." She was born to an unwed mother in 1883, and upon her mother's death was placed in an orphanage for the rest of her childhood by her stepfather. Though there is no denying that she attained success later in life, I don't think her entire life was as easy as her later years. As to her designs she was a proponent of a more "natural" and comfortable look for women. She has been credited for changing the idea that a woman had to be corsetted to be "beautiful."
*just a little trivia
wow thats such good info! I love her!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2013, 01:20 PM   #23
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Red face Hmm.

Hmm. Funny in that ironic way that she doesn't get it then. Her coming from such a background should of opened her eyes to tge oppression of women. I don't think shed be who she was had she been born with darker skin.

That was really the point about "beauty products" and standards they have A LOT of ism's attached to them

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
*just a little trivia
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #24
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I think the whole industry is fucked up. I think between the media and the patriarchal attitudes forced on us many many moons ago have devalued women. Many of us fell and still fall in that trap. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with wanting to dress pretty and buy nice things. It's when you feel you have no beauty or value without it. Its when our sons can only see big tits, big hair and name brand jeans. Our whole fucking perception of beauty is distorted.

But I can change that for me today. I can start to live my life differently and hopefully teach my granddaughter the things no one taught me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #25
Kitten.With.A.Twist

How Do You Identify?:
Born Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Is "Darlin'" a pronoun?

Kitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST Reputation

Well said, Sachita!! (and I love your quote, btw!)

When life gives you lemons, eat bacon!
Kitten.With.A.Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #26
Kitten.With.A.Twist

How Do You Identify?:
Born Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Is "Darlin'" a pronoun?

Kitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST ReputationKitten.With.A.Twist Has the BEST Reputation

I think she does get, it, though, Lady Snow... I wonder if you have a different idea about her quote than I do? While I didn't know Chanel and never had the chance to ask her about it, my perception of it is that she was being very inclusive and accepting of ALL beauties... and simply saying that EVERY woman is beautiful, and if she's not, it's because she's just not taking "care" of herself. I'm a huge fan of taking care of yourself.... but I'm not a huge proponent of expensive cosmetics or beauty regimes...I don't really use them and don't think they are necessary.. but why not take a little 'care' of yourself!

Old 01-31-2013, 01:54 PM   #27
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten.With.A.Twist View Post
I think she does get, it, though, Lady Snow... I wonder if you have a different idea about her quote than I do? While I didn't know Chanel and never had the chance to ask her about it, my perception of it is that she was being very inclusive and accepting of ALL beauties... and simply saying that EVERY woman is beautiful, and if she's not, it's because she's just not taking "care" of herself. I'm a huge fan of taking care of yourself.... but I'm not a huge proponent of expensive cosmetics or beauty regimes...I don't really use them and don't think they are necessary.. but why not take a little 'care' of yourself!

Ms Kitten, some folks can't. It's not because they wouldn't love to be able to or because they are lazy or American.

They just can't be it for economic reasons or other reasons.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #28
Kitten.With.A.Twist

How Do You Identify?:
Born Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Is "Darlin'" a pronoun?

::hugz:: Snow - well thank you for widening my perspective. I'll be givin' that some thought!

Da Kitten

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kitten.With.A.Twist For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2013, 03:32 PM   #29
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

I use to spend so much money on make-up, creams, you name it. I still buy a little make-up and even wear a very little now and then. I don't think you have to spend a lot to be pretty. Not at all.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #30
Femminator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married, but not legally in my state!

Femminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST Reputation

I honestly did not struggle with the decision to let my gray hair be. I am 43, almost 44 and I have very dark, almost black hair. I have just gotten grays in the last 3 years or so, and they are silver, and pretty. Age catches us all so why not embrace it and age gracefully?

I also have found myself greatly downsizing on makeup. I prefer natural looks to over made up look. I don't wear any to work, but on weekends I sometimes do put it on, it makes me feel feminine. I am sure this is do to social conditioning. My eyes are really dark and adding more stuff to them just makes me look as if I have dark circles usually so I leave it at mascara and a bit of eyeliner or shadow. I just want to have a quick grooming routine now. In the Summer, I really don't wear any, but in the wWinter, I feel kinda pale and wan so I do it to perk up my complexion.

Also, I don't know other Femmes experiences, but the Butches I have always dated have liked the 'natural look' and were not into their girls wearing tons of stuff on their faces. It suited me just fine.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #31
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Do you think a woman with salt and pepper or gray hair is sexy?
also do you think natural. no makeup etc is sexy?

Thanks
Salt and pepper hair is very sexy, in my opinion. I can understand the desire to color it though. To each their own. I've never been one to think a heavily made-up look is attractive though or that Botox should even be considered. Some of those filler/surgical procedures scare me and they seem to make the person who got them look worse, not better.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #32
Asari

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

Asari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST ReputationAsari Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
Do you think a woman with salt and pepper or gray hair is sexy?
also do you think natural. no makeup etc is sexy?
Definitely!
I love long grey hair. I also like aged faces with smile wrinkles and crow's-feet! So beautiful, a life story written on skin.
I'm looking forward to growing old.

And natural is pretty as well. I'm not wearing make up everyday.

Mahatma Gandhi
Asari is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Asari For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #33
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The older I have gotten the more secure and confident in myself I have become, and my "go fuck yourselves if you don't like it" attitude has won out over what society thinks I should look like.

I come from a long line of women whose mantra was "you don't go out in public unless you're made-up and dressed properly" which can really mess with a young girls head.

When I go grey (52 and still mostly brown), I will go grey...I am not going to do my roots, and worry about looking younger than I am. **my personal style, not judging anyone else**

As far as make-up goes, I wear what I wear because I FEEL good in a bit of eye make-up...my Kasey would rather I didn't wear any, but it's my face and I'll do as I please.

I think everyone should do what makes them feel good, because therein is the key to feeling your confident best. IMO lol
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #34
Siren's Song

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Siren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST ReputationSiren's Song Has the BEST Reputation

I agree that it depends in your skin tone and how it plays against the gray. I personally don't have the coloring for it, it washes me out. Others look better with gray. I think there is a huge difference between buying into social standards for beauty and truly shinning your most beautiful self. Taking care of our bodies and expressing our vision of beauty is fun and speaks of self love and self respect. In my mind buying into social norms about beauty comes form a place inside ourselves where we believe we are not good enough being who we are. That we must make ourselves easier to like or love. The motivation comes from a sense of lacking. Owning our own style and vision of beauty comes from a place of self empowerment.

There are natural ways to color your hair, that improve your hairs health. You can get blond with Cassia, brunette and black mixing Henna and Indigo and beautiful shades of red and Auburn with Henna. There is an art and procedure to mixing the herbs to get the color you want, this website is full of info and sells really good quality products. www.mehandi.com

Natural dyes don't lighten hair so going over gray give you lots of choices. I love the Raven black you can get with mixing Indigo with Henna, it's stunning and there is no chemical yucky-ness to deal with.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #35
sofimichi

How Do You Identify?:
Femmeinist
Preferred Pronoun?:
femenine ones, "hey you," etc.
Relationship Status:
Engaged!

sofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputationsofimichi Has the BEST Reputation

I have naturally brown hair (i don't like it) and I dye it red every... 2 weeks. I can't stand the brown sneaking in, so i can't imagine what i'm gonna do when my hair goes gray.
sofimichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #36
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Reading here reminded me of something I wish to share ... just a lil info tidbit

If one does not have the money to buy CoCo Mademoiselle, I know some places give free samples at perfume counters. You have to ask for them. They come in little tin packets and contain enough to use several times.

I don't wear it but have an ex who does.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote