Old 05-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #221
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I start t on tuesday
congrats on this milestone!
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:04 PM   #222
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

A couple of other questions:

1. Have you found that people expect you to be more in control of your reactions/emotions to things? I get excited about some things, and I'm noticing there's a reprimand accompanied with getting too excited.

2. Have you found that (if you're read as straight) more people assume it's acceptable to make homophobic jokes and comments in your presence?

Thanks,
Dylan
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #223
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post

1. Have you found that people expect you to be more in control of your reactions/emotions to things? I get excited about some things, and I'm noticing there's a reprimand accompanied with getting too excited.

2. Have you found that (if you're read as straight) more people assume it's acceptable to make homophobic jokes and comments in your presence?

Thanks,
Dylan
Hey Dylan,

1. Yes, I think people within the so-called "lines" of binary hetero-norm expect ALL males, and those who are perceived as male, to "man up" and not be emotional. I think society frowns upon men for owning and expressing emotions, period.

2. Yes, I'm sad to say that, yes, for some odd reason, it's been MY experience that men, in particular, seem to feel that they have license to spout all kinds of bad taste "jokes", comments and such in front of other (and perceived) males. I won't tolerate that, for my part. Same thing with misogynistic or racial disrespect. I will call it out and let the offender know that that sort of thing is not appreciated. Unless more of us do that and have the courage to stand our (moral) ground by calling it out, then it just goes on. Lack of objection to that sort of thing is, in my mind, the same as condoning it.

~Theo~
Old 05-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #224
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Thanks,
Dylan
1. No.
2. Yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2010, 03:53 AM   #225
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

It's been 2 weeks now on Androgel and the only thing I have noticed is my skin is a little more oily than usual. Not that I expect any real changes this early, mind you. It's odd, because the increase in the sebum has actually made the skin on my face softer than before. Kinda weird.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #226
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Thanks,
Dylan
1. i found that people expected my emotional response to stay the same and it hasn't, it has shifted. I still get a bit teary eyed when I see something that tugs at my heart but not like i use to. I'm much calmer and just don't rile as easily

2. I don't get the homophobic jokes but I do get more of the bad taste jokes and comments.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #227
Billy

How Do You Identify?:
Billy~
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr Princess ~
Relationship Status:
Married April 20 2013

Thanked 3,866 Times in 1,051 Posts
Billy Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:

Thanks,
Dylan
1. I have changed so much since I started 3 years ago ...I am very calm , focused and happy , with that said I know in the beginning if I where to get mad or upset the response was , you need to calm down that T is working overtime .. No the T is not working overtime your just a idiot ...

2.That hasn't changed , they make them either way ...
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #228
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiczombie View Post
It's been 2 weeks now on Androgel and the only thing I have noticed is my skin is a little more oily than usual. Not that I expect any real changes this early, mind you. It's odd, because the increase in the sebum has actually made the skin on my face softer than before. Kinda weird.
AZ, when I first started out on T in early 2007, I was started on subdermal pellets (Testopel) and Testim cream. Testim is the other T gel besides Adrogel. I found it to be okay, but the thing is, you really don't know how much of that stuff your body is actually absorbing. It all depends, you know, on how you spread the cream and how well your skin absorbs it.

One thing you may notice early on is that your perspiration and urine odor will get stronger. You may also get a bit of acne with it, but it's hard to tell if it's true "hormonal acne" or if your skin is just sensitive to the components in the gel. Testim, if I remember correctly, has a large percentage of alcohol in the gel. My skin got a little rashy with it.

Oh, and I don't really know if the Testopel pellets really did a lot or not. As far as I know, the FDA hasn't really approved subdermal T pellets for use in transsexual men. The big reason I quit those was because of the doctor I was seeing, the expense and the fact that I got the strangest feeling that I couldn't trust him to give me the amount of T (pellets) he was charging me for. Since they put those pellets under the skin on your buttocks, you really can't see what they're doing or even if they are implanting pellets at all. This doctor charged by the pellet, too....to the tune of $60/pellet, and when he kept telling me I needed MORE pellets to get enough of the T to get my body into transition, well......my red flags went up. The last time I saw this guy, before I switched to injectable T, he told me I needed 6-8 of these pellets, AT LEAST....and they only lasted 3-4 months at a time, PLUS the cost of the Testim gel. That's a lot of money, and I had the extra expense of having to travel to Los Angeles and back here to Vegas every time, so it just made more sense to go injectable.

I know you didn't ask about the pellets, but there might be a guy reading this who is thinking about using the pellets, or (*GASP*) that same doctor in L.A., and I think it's important to get the information about my experience with that out there.

Good luck with this!!!

~Theo~
Old 05-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #229
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

It's interesting that you write about the pellets. I remember a couple of years ago going to the Philly Trans Health conference and saw the presentation on them by a FTM doctor. I knew they were more expensive and I thought they gave a consistent release of T, moreso than shots. It's a shame that it didn't work as well as it should have.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:59 PM   #230
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiczombie View Post
I think there are definite benefits to a person using the gel or cream. I definitely think its the place a lot peopel should start even though they don't. However with that said do relize that the results will be very very very very very slow. I was on the cream and on the highest dose my dr would give at the end for 3 years and there were definite changes but not all the changes I wanted. I passed like 95 % of the time. My voice had lowered but if I got nervouse or excited it betrayed me, I had a scattering of facial hair but very little, and I still had that dreaded monthly vistitor.

I do think i had an increase of acne, especially each time a dose was increased but that doesn't seem to be as much of an issue anymore.

Changes I saw were being a bit calmer, i have a very good crop of inner thigh hair ... which was where I applied it half the time, my voice had lowered, and there were some over all body changes.

What I liked about it most was I got to slowly see how my body reacted to it and build up over time til I got to a point that I felt my body would react favorable to the shots. Which to the most part it has. I use to get the worst pms very emotional and all over the place and now i'm extremely even keel. I have had problems with high iron and red blood count, between phlobotomies and lowering my dose I think I'm at the right level for me.

every 10 days I do .3 ml ... some times I go a little longer or shorter but i don't seem to get the mood swings that other people get. If I go 2 weeks i can tell i need it but still not like others.

Now if you have had some of your inner anatomy remove you may have better results then I.

Just want you to be patient and enjoy the journey even if it doesn't quite go as fast as you would like.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2010, 05:32 PM   #231
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Thanks,
Dylan
1. I have not noticed that *others* expect that of me, but I can think of a few occasions when *I* curbed reactions to a level I thought more......I don't know......."acceptable"......??? Don't know the best word to use there...

2. Oh yeah......for sure. And not just homophobic.......racist, size-ist, and misogynistic, as well. And, yes, I do find a way to let the offender know his brand of humor isn't funny, appropriate, or considerate. I've gotten pretty deep into it with a couple of guys......one for calling a dealer friend of mine "fat boy" and another for making sexual comments to another dealer friend.

I'm amazed at how incredibly disgusting/rude/mean/cruel/etc...some people are. Blows my friggin' mind!
Old 05-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #232
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
It's interesting that you write about the pellets. I remember a couple of years ago going to the Philly Trans Health conference and saw the presentation on them by a FTM doctor. I knew they were more expensive and I thought they gave a consistent release of T, moreso than shots. It's a shame that it didn't work as well as it should have.

I think it was more that I wasn't sure I could trust this doctor to give me what I was paying for, yanno?? I mean, when you're laying on your tummy on a table and you can't see what the doc is actually implanting in your butt, well, how do know/trust that you're getting what you're paying for?? Yes, this doctor did initially sell me on the fact that pellets give a more steady release of T, as opposed to shots, that have "peaks and valleys", so to speak, and on the fact that you don't have to deal with frequency and pain of injections, but to this day, injectable T is still what is regarded as "the gold standard" for transmen and transitioning.

I have to say that the last time I had pellets put in, in early summer of '07, the doctor told me that he was going to "up my dose" to 6 pellets, because the 3 he had given me, nearly 4 months previous, had no effect on me. Like I said, he charged $60 per pellet, which included the implantation procedure. Anyway, I go in the exam room with him and I happen to see the little stainless steel table with the sterile trocar kit used to implant these pellets. Also, there were 2 small vials there with 1 pellet per vial in them. I asked him why there weren't 6 pellets there. He told me, "Oh, those are higher milligram pellets, because I get them compounded from the pharmacy".

He charged me for 6 pellets, and as far as I could tell, I only got 2. Well, you can understand how and why I felt like he wasn't being honest with me. G-d only knows if I got what I actually paid for the first time, because what he had given me the first time had absolutely NO effect. I didn't like or trust his office staff, either. Essentially, his receptionist, who had no medical training, was giving medical advice....and only when it was "convenient" for her to talk to me. The other person I reached when I called his office was a kid who, by his own admission, was "in the process of going to CNA school." I don't even want to tell you how his office staff was dressed, but let me tell you....you wouldn't think they were medical professionals by looking at them. So no, I don't know if the pellets would work, because I didn't/don't trust the doctor administering them.

And, as a note to any guys out there who are wanting to start hormonal therapy and are trying to find a physician to help them......B-E-W-A-R-E. There are unscrupulous doctors out there who are just out to make a buck on and exploit the trans community for monetary gain and they don't really have your best interests at heart. Talk to them before you decide to go with them and listen to word of mouth. It might also be a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau and also your state's medical licensing board. Check them out, really, especially if they recommend alternate or untraditional methods of hormone administration. Read the literature about T, first. Know what you're getting into before you start something you're not sure of, and if a doctor makes you uncomfortable with something he/she either says or does, listen to your gut instincts and find someone else.

That little message brought to you by the school of "Been there, done that".

~Theo~
Old 05-22-2010, 11:07 PM   #233
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Hi everybody,

I spoke with Jet tonight and he wants you to know that he won't have his computer (Popeye - his iMac) until next Thursday and he wants me to tell you guys that he's starting with T-injections on Tuesday. He also says that he's looking forward to coming back online when he gets his computer back. He says he feels fortunate that he found a doctor who's not only gay, but is supportive of his transitioning process. And, he wants to thank you guys for your encouragement and support!
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2010, 04:02 AM   #234
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oopster View Post
I think there are definite benefits to a person using the gel or cream. I definitely think its the place a lot peopel should start even though they don't. However with that said do relize that the results will be very very very very very slow. I was on the cream and on the highest dose my dr would give at the end for 3 years and there were definite changes but not all the changes I wanted. I passed like 95 % of the time. My voice had lowered but if I got nervouse or excited it betrayed me, I had a scattering of facial hair but very little, and I still had that dreaded monthly vistitor.

I do think i had an increase of acne, especially each time a dose was increased but that doesn't seem to be as much of an issue anymore.

Changes I saw were being a bit calmer, i have a very good crop of inner thigh hair ... which was where I applied it half the time, my voice had lowered, and there were some over all body changes.

What I liked about it most was I got to slowly see how my body reacted to it and build up over time til I got to a point that I felt my body would react favorable to the shots. Which to the most part it has. I use to get the worst pms very emotional and all over the place and now i'm extremely even keel. I have had problems with high iron and red blood count, between phlobotomies and lowering my dose I think I'm at the right level for me.

every 10 days I do .3 ml ... some times I go a little longer or shorter but i don't seem to get the mood swings that other people get. If I go 2 weeks i can tell i need it but still not like others.

Now if you have had some of your inner anatomy remove you may have better results then I.

Just want you to be patient and enjoy the journey even if it doesn't quite go as fast as you would like.
Thanks Coop. Well, I am now broken out on my chin lol.

Having had a hysterectomy and oophorectomy in early 2007, there will be no significant estrogen for the T to fight with in my body. I hope that helps things speed up a little bit for me at least. But the whole point of my being on the gel instead of the shots is to keep my mood on an even keel. That means the changes will be slower, and I accept that. All I want is the momentum, the movement in the right direction.

That said, I had a surgical consultation with Dr. Michael Brownstein in San Francisco last Thursday. He is a very nice man and he said he would be happy to perform my chest reconstruction surgery, but he is booked up until at least September. That gives me time to try to raise the eight grand for it. My folks have set aside $1000.00, and I am applying for a grant from the Jim Collins Foundation. However, I am not expecting miracles. I can also look into a bank loan, however that is highly unlikely given that all my income comes from my monthly disability checks. If any of you all have any advice for me about raising the money for surgery, I would sure appreciate that a lot.

All you guys are awesome.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #235
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I'm typing from my blackberry
Until I get my computer back.

Question...

I am a contract designer looking to go full time. Since
I.M starting T now I want apply at And be accepted at companies with diversity policies. I'm thinking of submitting

My resume
Portfolio
Summary of experience
And....
A letter to HR addressing my transition under the company
Diversity policy.

Should I include the letter at the. onset of applying?

What bathroom do I use?

Etc.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #236
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Question...

I.M starting T now I want apply at And be accepted at companies with diversity policies. I'm thinking of submitting

My resume
Portfolio
Summary of experience
And....
Diversity policy.

What bathroom do I use?

Etc.
Don't think that just because a company has a diversity policy, they actually *believe* what's IN the policy.

I have interviewed at NUMEROUS companies that have gender identity included in their diversity policies.

I've found, it doesn't matter what the companies' attorneys/HR people have written into their policies to make the company look good and to avoid lawsuits, if your interviewer is ignorant, you're still not going to get a job. And ignorant doesn't have to mean bigoted...when people are afraid of looking stupid or saying the wrong thing, they still won't hire you...no matter how liberal they *feel*.

Personally, I wouldn't say a word about trans issues until WELL into the interview process. If you're read as male at the interview, I wouldn't say a word until someone else brings it up.

But that's just me.

Dylan...would use the men's room
Old 05-23-2010, 02:40 PM   #237
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Quote:
Don't think that just because a company has a diversity policy, they actually *believe* what's IN the policy.

I have interviewed at NUMEROUS companies that have gender identity included in their diversity policies.

I've found, it doesn't matter what the companies' attorneys/HR people have written into their policies to make the company look good and to avoid lawsuits, if your interviewer is ignorant, you're still not going to get a job. And ignorant doesn't have to mean bigoted...when people are afraid of looking stupid or saying the wrong thing, they still won't hire you...no matter how liberal they *feel*.

Personally, I wouldn't say a word about trans issues until WELL into the interview process. If you're read as male at the interview, I wouldn't say a word until someone else brings it up.

But that's just me.

Dylan...would use the men's room
I agree with everything Dylan says.

I have had to bring it up mainly because I've been trying to get back into a company i use to work for, so they have to have my old name. I leave it til the end so that hopefully i've already made some type of impression that can out way the other. I use the mens bathroom and I use the name I wish to be addressed by on my resume. Only give out my legal name when it needs to be. Since my name isn't legally changed yet it does need to be.

I do have the advantage that the past two jobs i've worked for they do know me as koop and they are smaller companies so i can be addressed by my chosen name and they'll know who is being asked about.

I feel like the less I make an issue of it the less it will be an issue. Doesn't mean it couldn't be, but sometimes things become a bigger deal when I make them one.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Oopster For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #238
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I disagree with responses about how to tackle jobs while
Trnsitioing.

Thnks for your input.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #239
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

i would wait till you have been interviewed and almost hired...no sense in jinxing your chances at a good job...you may want to go as far as getting some legal advice...using the men's restroom may be your best bet...go ahead and set a precedence for yourself. good luck

Grant

Quote:

Question...

My resume
Portfolio
Summary of experience
And....
Diversity policy.

What bathroom do I use?

Etc.
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:08 PM   #240
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I disagree with responses about how to tackle jobs while
Trnsitioing.

Thnks for your input.
Jet,

Can I ask where you live? What state?

Employment is the toughest issue for transfolks. The gender identity clause in many places is merely lip service.

I seriously would NOT come out as trans at an interview. I've done it, and I won't do it again.

If you come out at an interview, and you don't get hired, there's nothing you can do about it.

If you ensure you have the job first, and they fire you when you come out, you will be able to cover your ass better.

Since deciding to transition, I have been an many job interviews (after losing my job the day after coming out as trans).

Before I applied anywhere, though, I would look into what my city, county, and state have to say about gender identity, so I know what companies are 'supposed to' abide by.

Dylan
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dylan For This Useful Post: