Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 09-14-2018, 04:56 PM   #1
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tips on Avoiding Shady Lesbian Bars

You know the story--you're out of town on a little vacay and you and your lovely traveling companion want to visit a local lesbian bar.
So you Google and get a few hits. You visit the first one, and here are things to look for that might be considered red flags. Please add to the list.

1. The parking lot has oil stains on parking spaces the size of Rhode Island.
2. A sign on the front door says, "Please leave your weapons and drugs in your vehicle."

Your thoughts?
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:07 PM   #2
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I didn't know there were any lesbian bars left.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:33 PM   #3
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I had the same thought as Martina. All of the lesbian bars I have known about in the past have closed down. I never spent a lot of time in bars but it's sad.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2018, 05:46 PM   #4
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

There are lots of "lesbian" bars. Just go to your local American or Canadian Legion Hall. ... and the beer's cheaper too.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2018, 06:10 PM   #5
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Our lesbian bar here only posts legal signs of no weapons, etc.

The other glbtqi bars do the same.

I haven't really come across anything shady.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2018, 06:29 PM   #6
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

the lesbian bars that were here happened to have been very nice places ~ a few were mixed w/ our brothers I always find anything ran or owned by woman ( no sexual identity needed ) were fun , clean , well managed establishments.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:36 PM   #7
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

I've never been to a shady lesbian bar..they've always been a fun, mixed crowd-if I was out of the mix for awhile I've always asked my friends what gay bar had the best music and went there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2018, 07:41 PM   #8
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
There are lots of "lesbian" bars. Just go to your local American or Canadian Legion Hall. ... and the beer's cheaper too.
That was hilarious! I hear bowling alleys and "straight" softball games also have their share of "confirmed bachelorettes."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #9
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Our lesbian bar here only posts legal signs of no weapons, etc.

The other glbtqi bars do the same.

I haven't really come across anything shady.
I was trying to be funny, but sometimes I miss the mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2018, 07:47 PM   #10
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

Yep. I definitely missed the mark. Sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2018, 07:51 PM   #11
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheatToast View Post
I was trying to be funny, but sometimes I miss the mark.
I understood what you meant,WT,just sometimes I don't run into shady stuff ya know!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2018, 09:51 AM   #12
MaddieRobbie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Free

MaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST Reputation
Default Shady?

I wish the bars were shadier than they are!

The dive bar - any dive bar - is becoming an endangered species and sometimes when I'm out...I really want to feel like I'm up to no good. Or at least think I have misbehavior as an option.
MaddieRobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MaddieRobbie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2018, 10:05 AM   #13
Reach *BANNED*
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Scammer.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Moratorium

Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,018 Posts
Reach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
I've never been to a shady lesbian bar..they've always been a fun, mixed crowd-if I was out of the mix for awhile I've always asked my friends what gay bar had the best music and went there.

Ditto to this. Especially the dance clubs- always had a great time. Not a thing shady about any of them.
Reach *BANNED* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:06 AM   #14
Reach *BANNED*
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Scammer.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Moratorium

Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,018 Posts
Reach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieRobbie View Post

The dive bar - any dive bar - is becoming an endangered species and sometimes when I'm out...I really want to feel like I'm up to no good. Or at least think I have misbehavior as an option.

Oh, and ditto to this. We still have a couple here and I prefer them over a bar with overpriced drinks and a snooty crowd.

Shade is good.
Reach *BANNED* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reach *BANNED* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2018, 11:13 AM   #15
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Oh, and ditto to this. We still have a couple here and I prefer them over a bar with overpriced drinks and a snooty crowd.

Shade is good.
Agreed. Shady isn't a bad thing!
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2018, 01:30 PM   #16
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieRobbie View Post

Absolutely and Bravo. I much prefer cheap beer joints full of the lusty, the sexy, and even the semi-comatose whose sunglasses are still on the bar at midnight.

Try running credit at one of those " $12-per-badly-mixed-cocktail" bars and you'll be tossed even before the bill for your Oakley sunglasses has arrived."
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2018, 05:39 PM   #17
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

I haven’t been to a shady lesbian bar. I have been to shady straight bars when I was young with straight friends. But that’s about it.

Mostly I’ve been to mixed crowd gay dance clubs. There’s one here that won’t let you in unless they think you look good enough to be there. I had no clue they did that until about my fifth time going and someone was sitting outside on the curb because they wouldn’t let them in. Anyway off subject sorry.

I am finding this thread an amusing read though.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:00 PM   #18
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

I wish their were lesbian bars around ~ where else would ya want to wear your booty jeans too !
Old 09-16-2018, 07:23 AM   #19
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Well in my parts of the country we have country western bars. I ventured out last weekend, only to find free country dance lessons. (They were straight couples) Ok, I asked the purple haired bartender, when does this end??

I could wait 30 min., maybe the girls will show up. Settled in with a good drink, and played pool with my dapper butch friend.

An hour passes...these straight people do not leave! So much for my eye candy arriving. She on the other hand, was getting huge smiles from those women!

I'll try another night..lol

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 07:35 AM   #20
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,764 Times in 548 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

The lesbian bars here all closed, too. What I wouldn't give for a little hole in the wall dive bar.
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post: