Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #561
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default a reminder

Morning Veggie Lovers,

Well, what did I get for my acquiescence to eating clams yesterday?

Foggy head, sore throat, and a lethargic energy I haven't experienced in a long, long while...so, enough, living in denial for an afternoon is more than enough.

Today, green tea, raw honey, ginger to sooth my throat and my ego.

Still green, Greco

ps...more thoughts on lesson learned...question to myself...How well do I want to be? How do I want to age, in decline, or being the most well I choose to be? Am I "walking my talk" when I let myself slide on the principles I live? Do I want to continue to live authentically, or accept limitation? These are my questions to myself that I will answer on today's run.

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #562
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
humbug! There is just no truly yummy substitute for carb-rich noodles
I feel your pain kittygrrl...I have to avoid carbs and high fiber! I have found that texturally there is no comparison to your basic fettuccine or spaghetti noodle. However, the rice noodle fills in quite nicely for capellini pasta. It is a lot higher in carbs than I would enjoy on a normal day (20 carbs per serving), but much lower than capellini pasta (46+ carbs per serving).

I am still getting used to the shiratake miracle noodles texture...but again, I just try to think of them as a different family of noodles, and not compare them to my favorite pasta varieties. I find that if I try to make something as a substitute to something I enjoyed before, I am usually disappointed. But, if I think of every new ingredient as a launch pad to a taste and texture adventure, I'm constantly amazed at the meatless flavors developing in my kitchen.

Annoying people...

Conversation with my lead at work:

Tayler: "So, Hollylane, how's the no meat thing working for you?"

Me (excited): "It is great Taylor, I'm having a lot of fun exploring new foods!"

Tayler (Waving a chicken carcass he's planning to eat at his desk, in front of my face) "I'll just be over here tearing into this chicken flesh while you enjoy your vegetables!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Really??? What a stellar ignoramus...This jerk knows the reasons I am choosing to live cruelty free, and apparently has not evolved past 5th grade bully tactics...It must really suck to be him.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #563
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation
Default Adventures in Shirataki Land

Missed lunch because I got caught up at the gym, big dinner that was rather yummy:

-arugula salad w/a dressing I made from: balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard (Amy's), garlic, and canola oil. I added to greens: toasted pumpkin seeds, tart green apple, artichoke hearts, and a healthier version of facon bits (soy protein w/smoke flavor).

-stir-fry made with nasoya brand shirataki noodles, some soy "chicken" strips, orange bell pepper, mushrooms, onion, curry powder, chili powder, tumeric, cashews, and hot chili sesame oil. I have to say that the shirataki noodles absorbed the spices so well. I used very thin noodles that were quite like rice noodles in their texture. The curry and the shirataki noodles tasted a lot like the dish "Singapore Mai Fun" (a favorite of mine).

I'd never stir-fried shirataki noodles before, and I have to say it was quite delicious. For spicy stuff, I think shirataki actually work much better than grain noodles. Shirataki absorbs better and is lighter. To stir-fry shirataki noodles all that need be done is to wash them and dry-fry them until they are pretty dry, and then add everything else.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #564
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Anyone disgusted with the glorification of celebrating the tortured lives and deaths of turkeys at Thanksgiving?

Yes, I have my issues with PETA, but have to say I like this video (does not include any scenes of animal abuse, more of a riff with a message):

http://www.peta.org/tv/videos/psas-v...967644001.aspx
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #565
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default lemons, limes

Hi Veggie Lovers,

Yes, I've learned my lesson in how my precious body reacts to food that is not what its use to anymore...so today, breakfast, lunch, and dinner...veggie broth, organic, non-gmo...with lime also organic non-gmo.

Good, hot veggie broth with lime...I can't really taste it, but my body loves it, I feel so relaxed when I drink it.

more veggie news another day, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #566
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Happy Vegetarian/Vegan Day of Giving and Thanks!

I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful day, filled with good food, and good people!

This was my first holiday meal since I changed the way I eat. I didn't miss the meat one single moment of this meal, it was just as savory and delicious as any other holiday meal I've ever cooked.

Menu:

Green Bean Casserole w/homemade mushroom soup
Red potatoes, mashed
Gravy (ft. Mushrooms, fresh sage, shallots, garlic, ground black pepper)
Turk'y Roast (Quorn brand Turk'y Roast that was soy free, the texture and taste were pretty darn awesome)

Cranberry Jelly
Pumpkin Pie w/fresh whip cream

I found a local dairy that is sustainable, and kind to their small (45) herd of Jersey dairy cows (Lady Lane Farm in Mulino Oregon), and so I was able to make some butter, whipped cream, and have cream for my gravy and mushroom soup.

Everything I have learned about the farm is really good, but I am actually going to contact the owner to discuss a few more details before I decide whether or not I feel good about it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #567
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tamale Bean Pie

I made Dapper hys meals for the week.... all vegan. The meals are made for many servings, but this way hy can freeze all of the leftovers as individual meals for other weeks. The total cost for the following (pics to follow) was $50 and I was able to make them in under 2.5 hours. Yay me... cause I don't like cooking for hours and hours. I made Tamale Bean Pie, Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna, Soy Sausage w/ peppers onions and mushrooms and Stuffed Zucchini. Now I feel good about what hy will be eating until I see hym on Friday.

tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #568
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Stuffed Zucchini

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #569
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
Wantz! I just ate but I still wantz!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #570
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Default Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #571
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Default Last One

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #572
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Wantz! I just ate but I still wantz!
It was awesome! It was also pretty cool because my friend's wife passed along some homemade breadcrumbs to TF, who used them in the "stuffing" to hold it together.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #573
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

My employer is vegan and had me whip up this nummy pudding for him:

1 can coconut milk (we used Trader Joe's)

1/3 c chia seeds

1/2 c carob chips (or chocolate)

Tbs honey

Tbs vanilla (or you can use a shot of brandy if you like, I used Kahula)

shredded coconut to taste

Heat coconut milk slowly stirring occasionally. Add chocolate or carob chips and stir till melted in. Add chia seeds, vanilla and honey. Stir until it thickens. Add in coconut flakes. Let cool...

The chia seeds are what thicken the pudding. You cant taste them but the texture of them is interesting. I put the mixture in a chocolate pie crust fro Thanksgiving dessert. Enjoy
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #574
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I made Dapper hys meals for the week.... all vegan. The meals are made for many servings, but this way hy can freeze all of the leftovers as individual meals for other weeks. The total cost for the following (pics to follow) was $50 and I was able to make them in under 2.5 hours. Yay me... cause I don't like cooking for hours and hours. I made Tamale Bean Pie, Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna, Soy Sausage w/ peppers onions and mushrooms and Stuffed Zucchini. Now I feel good about what hy will be eating until I see hym on Friday.

You are awesome! Some days, I would like if I came home and all my meals were already prepared and waiting for me to just heat them up. I guess I'll have to get off my duff on the weekend and start making that happen! Dapper is very lucky to have your help!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2012, 06:01 AM   #575
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post

Some days, I would like if I came home and all my meals were already prepared and waiting for me to just heat them up.
Me too!! lol What I will probably do since i did make so much lasagna and tamale pie is go over tonight and take some for me. (My son eats meat so I cook separately for him and give him some of my main meal as a side dish to his meat/fish) I am also big on cooking a big pot of vegan stew or soup and will eat that all week adding broth and vegetables as the week goes on. I am a boring eater....

Thanks!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #576
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

We had some of this tonight. It was great!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2012, 12:18 AM   #577
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default Chik'n Dinner For One

I was screwing around in the kitchen tonight, and came up with the "Chik'n Dinner For One" pictured above...I wanted to share (brag), because it was fan-friggin'-tastic!!

It all started with this inspiring product...

Here's what I used (Disclaimer: I really don't use measurements, but these are as close as I can get to what I was tossing around ):

2 Chik'n cutlets
2 tbsp salted butter (I prepared this ahead of time with heavy cream*)
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 zucchini, diced
3 large mushrooms, sliced
1/2 carrot, diced
2 tbsp yellow onion, diced
1/2 stalk of celery, sliced
1 small garlic clove, minced
Fresh rosemary to taste (I'm heavy handed with the rosemary)
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
1/4 C white wine
1/4 C whipping Cream*
hot water
2 tbsp farmer's cheese, crumbled (I made this with whole milk**-*)

Place butter and olive oil in medium frying pan, saute all vegetables (except baby spinach) with spices slowly, until tender. Use a slotted spoon to move vegetables to a food processor, and place chik'n cutlets in remaining butter/oil and brown on both sides. Set chik'n aside.

Add white wine, cream, and about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of hot water to vegetables in food processor. Blend until smooth, and return to pan. Reheat to a rolling boil, stirring constantly (I use a heat proof spatula).

Place fresh baby spinach on a plate, and lay chik'n cutlets on top. Spoon vegetable gravy over the chicken, and garnish with farmer's cheese.

* All dairy products are from the small local dairy farm that I had mentioned in a previous post, Lady-Lane Farm in Mulino OR.

** Here's a simple instructional video that shows you how to make your own Farmer's Cheese

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2012, 03:33 AM   #578
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
vibing

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post

I was screwing around in the kitchen tonight, and came up with the "Chik'n Dinner For One" pictured above...I wanted to share (brag), because it was fan-friggin'-tastic!!

It all started with this inspiring product...

Here's what I used (Disclaimer: I really don't use measurements, but these are as close as I can get to what I was tossing around ):

2 Chik'n cutlets
2 tbsp salted butter (I prepared this ahead of time with heavy cream*)
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 zucchini, diced
3 large mushrooms, sliced
1/2 carrot, diced
2 tbsp yellow onion, diced
1/2 stalk of celery, sliced
1 small garlic clove, minced
Fresh rosemary to taste (I'm heavy handed with the rosemary)
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
1/4 C white wine
1/4 C whipping Cream*
hot water
2 tbsp farmer's cheese, crumbled (I made this with whole milk**-*)

Place butter and olive oil in medium frying pan, saute all vegetables (except baby spinach) with spices slowly, until tender. Use a slotted spoon to move vegetables to a food processor, and place chik'n cutlets in remaining butter/oil and brown on both sides. Set chik'n aside.

Add white wine, cream, and about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of hot water to vegetables in food processor. Blend until smooth, and return to pan. Reheat to a rolling boil, stirring constantly (I use a heat proof spatula).

Place fresh baby spinach on a plate, and lay chik'n cutlets on top. Spoon vegetable gravy over the chicken, and garnish with farmer's cheese.

* All dairy products are from the small local dairy farm that I had mentioned in a previous post, Lady-Lane Farm in Mulino OR.

** Here's a simple instructional video that shows you how to make your own Farmer's Cheese

Beautiful post Holly ty
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #579
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
vibing

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
Morning Veggie Lovers,

Well, what did I get for my acquiescence to eating clams yesterday?

Foggy head, sore throat, and a lethargic energy I haven't experienced in a long, long while...so, enough, living in denial for an afternoon is more than enough.

Today, green tea, raw honey, ginger to sooth my throat and my ego.

Still green, Greco

ps...more thoughts on lesson learned...question to myself...How well do I want to be? How do I want to age, in decline, or being the most well I choose to be? Am I "walking my talk" when I let myself slide on the principles I live? Do I want to continue to live authentically, or accept limitation? These are my questions to myself that I will answer on today's run.
Deviation & change make life interesting...i think everything should be on the table every day we make it..i love clams..nothing from the sea can be all bad
Old 12-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #580
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Tonight I made a new variation, on a variation of my recipe for chicken paprikash. My recipes continue to evolve...Well, to be honest, I never seem to make something exactly the same as the last, because I am a whirling dervish in the kitchen...

It goes a little something like this:

A little of this, a little of that, mmmm that would be good...oh...why didn't I think of that last time?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Warning...All measurements are a wild guess. Oh, and I don't speak the culinary language, so, I hope this all makes sense. This is relatively low in carbs, very high fat Very savory and rich. I recommend portion control, but I have no intention of leading by example tonight.

2 links of Tofurky Italian Sausage, sliced
2 tblsp Butter
3/4 cup Sour Cream
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
2+ Tbls Paprika
1 Yellow Onion halved and sliced
Red pepper flakes
Mushrooms sliced
1 Cabbage head quartered and sliced in thick shreds
EVO
1 cup water

Slowly saute onions, and mushrooms in butter/EVO with salt, pepper, and red pepper. Add remaining ingredients, other than sour cream. Cover and simmer until cabbage cooks down to nearly your preference of tenderness. Add sour cream and simmer until thickened. If it looks runny, add more sour cream and continue simmering.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post: