Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Romance

Old 12-29-2009, 06:16 AM   #21
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I have a story similar to the one that started this thread. I am a nurse, and several years ago I worked on an Alzheimer unit. The husband of one of our patients would come every day to feed her breakfast, visit with her, and feed her lunch. She was in end-stage Alzheimer's, nonverbal, and had no sign of recognition that she knew who he was...and yet every day, without fail, there he was. He would talk to her, sit with her, feed her, and every day tell her he loved her. He told me the story of how they met...at a dance on a naval base. They met in January, and he married her that June. He said she was the love of his life.

One day we had a blizzard, it was a state of emergency and the local news channels were warning that no one should be out on the roads. I was sitting at the nurse's station and to my surprise, I looked up and saw him walk through the doors. I said to him "Mr *, what are you doing out! You shouldn't be driving in this weather!" He just looked at me, smiled and replied "Well, I couldn't leave my girl alone now could I?"

That is love

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2009, 07:07 AM   #22
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeminineAllure View Post
Love is...Acceptance that loving another involves loving the whole person with all of their imperfections.
Priceless
Old 12-29-2009, 08:31 AM   #23
Softly

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Softly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST Reputation

Love is taking the Christmas tree down together and not wanting to kill kill kill xoxo (because my asthma was getting bad we had to take the tree down)!

Love is cuddling close to my lover when the alarm goes off and I feel our cat jump right into the space on the other side of me...lol makes me all happy thinking about it ! warm body on one side and handsome black cat on the other xoxo

Love is feeling warm inside when I hear our songs...

Love is want, not need.
Softly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Softly For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2009, 08:43 AM   #24
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.
~Mark Overby

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #25
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Love is talking before the game, her being there at half-time and waiting to talk till the game is over, and still there when it's OT which "goes till the next day".
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #26
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation
Default Love is...

...knowing when the O/other needs a cup of tea but doesn't have the energy to make it.

Of all the things Hy does for me - and Hy does a lot - it's those cups of tea that make me feel loved the most.
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2010, 12:34 AM   #27
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation

outside, when it's far too bright in the middle of the night
tree arms, shoulders, and quiet ground blanketed in white
then a bird appears - a most unexpected sight .
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #28
Dragonfly

How Do You Identify?:
Queersexual Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
smiling real big

Dragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST ReputationDragonfly Has the BEST Reputation
Default Love is...

Love is a verb, not just a noun. Most people think of it as a noun. But it is like the word seat. You sit on a seat (n), or you Seat the customers. One is a word describing something the latter is the action of putting people in their seat.

When you say I love you to someone, it is a verb in that sentence. Its the actions you make. Things like giving a massage to ease their pain, celebrating special days, and even just working on the relationship talking. They are all actions that show love. Everything you put in the category of things you do FOR that loved one to Show your feelings. Love just isnt some vague undefined feeling that there are never enough words to describe... the feelings are different for everyone so the dictionary references as a noun are only a foundation basic explanation. Love used as a noun is subjective and interpretation is different for everyone. So if it isn't something you can touch like a seat... how is it real?

For me it is because Love as a verb is factual. Tangible. Really easy to prove because as a verb, the actions are the proof. You experience it as it happens outside of one's mind and in the real world. Love as a verb is what makes love real. If its not a verb, then when it is used as a noun we would all think of it (world wide) as a FICTIONAL or Mythological thing.

Most of the world can recognize a fictional character or make believe item like invisibility cloak of Harry Potter for example. Author imagined and not "real". Maybe the subject and plot had realistic aspects, it was make believe by Rowlings and she gets paid a lot of money too I might add. Love is not supposed to be in this category is it?

Love is a verb for me.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #29
FeminineAllure

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
My rainbow is way overdue

7 Highscores

Thanked 2,026 Times in 555 Posts
FeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it...It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more." - Erica Jong
Old 01-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #30
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Wink ;)

love is at the check out - trying to hold a mini telephone conversation with love and too many things going on at once -

violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #31
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Love is letting go
Love is looking back, and realizing it really wasn't worth it, and being ok with that.
That is love of self.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #32
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Love is working through the shit.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #33
labete

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
preoccupied

labete has a spectacular aura aboutlabete has a spectacular aura aboutlabete has a spectacular aura about

Love is allowing vulnerability and trusting it will be okay.

Love is being accepted and appreciated for who I am/she is, and being completely ourselves, unselfconscious, uncensored.

Love is honoring boundaries, mine and hers.

Love is the drive to seek solace in her arms above anywhere else, and to fulfill the same need for her.

Love is intimate connectedness, attuned to one another.

Love is a gift from us to both ourselves and each other.

Love is the look in her eyes when she catches and holds my gaze.

Love is the cocoon that surrounds us and mutes the rest of the world when we're in each other's arms.
labete is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to labete For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #34
HeartBreak Kid

How Do You Identify?:
self
Preferred Pronoun?:
User formally Known as Tygerlily

HeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud of

I had to keep coming back to this thread...
my reflex was to write something bitter and angry, not becuase I am but because Love Hurts......even when it's good.
Then My friend(and I suspect, guardian angel) sent me a Poem that elequently explained love as I see it.
So to answer the question What is Love?
It is asking the Impossible........

I ask the impossible: love me forever.

Love me when all desire is gone.

Love me with the single mindedness of a monk.

When the world in its entirety,

and all that you hold sacred advise you

against it: love me still more.

When rage fills you and has no name: love me.

When each step from your door to our job tires you--

love me; and from job to home again, love me, love me.

Love me when you're bored--

when every woman you see is more beautiful than the last,

or more pathetic, love me as you always have:

not as admirer or judge, but with

the compassion you save for yourself

in your solitude.

Love me as you relish your loneliness,

the anticipation of your death,

mysteries of the flesh, as it tears and mends.

Love me as your most treasured childhood memory--

and if there is none to recall--

imagine one, place me there with you.

Love me withered as you loved me new.

Love me as if I were forever--

and I, will make the impossible

a simple act,

by loving you, loving you as I do

~Ana Castillo, "I Ask the Impossible"~

Peace and Love

and then to lie silently like deer tracks

in the freshly-fallen snow beside the one you love

That's All~
~Richard Brautigan, "Deer Tracks"~

Peace and Love

"Pssssst.......your STEREOTYPES are showing"....
~StabbyK~

HeartBreak Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HeartBreak Kid For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #35
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

love is... honesty
love is... embracing all imperfections
love is... feeling safe

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 10:35 AM   #36
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. My life, once again going through changes and processing lessons, keep them, leave the past. I've thought a lot about love and this is what it means to me.

Love is enduring and it doesnt go away. It evolves and deepens if in fact its real. Seeking love is all about conditions, however when love plants it seed the conditions start to disappear. When I love someone they become a priority in my life and I make a commitment to always be there even when its hard to sometimes. I have never fallen out of love, just changes and to date I have truly loved three people. Even today, although we've all moved on I would turn heaven and earth to be there for them.

The friends and family I love... sometimes I don't like them and they make me angry but somehow love always heals this and it never goes away.

Love is tolerant. This doesn't mean you put up with shit but that when you love you learn a whole new level of compromise.
You cant walk away from love. You can try but its an essence that can't be extinguished.

Everyone loves differently but the essence of love is total, unconditional and pure light. We decide how it will manifest in our life and we give love permission to reside and grow.

The moment you realize there is only one of here and you erase the separation, love becomes part of everything around you. When your heart and spirit lives in love, you love everything around you but there are soulful connections that make you soar and teach you lessons. Love is all about growth and learning to love yourself and your connection to all that is.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #37
FeminineAllure

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

7 Highscores

FeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST ReputationFeminineAllure Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
-St. Augustine
from the movie Captain Corelli's Mandolin:
Old 01-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #38
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeminineAllure View Post
Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
-St. Augustine
from the movie Captain Corelli's Mandolin:
Thats beautiful BUT in translation sounds like lust, which we all know too well! Then we decide if love exist and how it will exist for us.

Thank you for posting it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 10:33 PM   #39
Beau
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:

Beau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST ReputationBeau Has the BEST Reputation
Wink at least you're an original

.. is twirling you while savoring the delicious moments of your mm mm mm.

:: ahem :: love really is the laughter you evoke daily
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:36 PM   #40
FeminineAllure

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

7 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Love is... Sometimes wanting what is best for yourself. Even it that means saying goodbye and walking away while your still in love with someone.