Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 03-10-2019, 11:19 AM   #261
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I heard you. But I think you missed my point. She lobbied hard for the bill. She worked to get it passed and in doing so introduced a racist concept into the political discourse. She did worse than vote for it.

Bernie voted for it in order to get the Violence Against Women Act passed. It's in the record. He spoke about opposing the parts of the bill that resulted in mass incarceration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
You missed my point.

Bernie voted FOR the Crime Bill. Hillary was raked over the coals for the Crime Bill by BERNIE when she wasn’t even in Congress!!
Old 03-10-2019, 11:23 AM   #262
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I heard you. But I think you missed my point. She lobbied hard for the bill. She worked to get it passed and in doing so introduced a racist concept into the political discourse. She did worse than vote for it.

Bernie voted for it in order to get the Violence Against Women Act passed. It's in the record. He spoke about opposing the parts of the bill that resulted in mass incarceration.
Anything to throw shade, eh? Bernie voted for the Crime Bill, regardless of why he did so...He is responsible for his vote which allowed the mass incarceration crisis. Try explaining to the people held a lifetime in prison, how they were less valued than violence against women. Bernie is a political hack, just like all political hacks, and will throw one group under the bus to get what he wants.

A saint he ain’t
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2019, 11:36 AM   #263
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Obviously, that was not his finest hour. Nor is his history voting for gun laws. But if that's all you got, it's not much. He has been amazingly consistent. No politician in my lifetime has the record he has for voting in the interest of working people. If he's a political hack, there is not a single long-time member of Congress who is not.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:38 AM   #264
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
What the hell does that mean?
What it means is...when I give an example of something Bernie did, I get “but Hilary!” I didn’t want Hilary Clinton for President...nor did I want Bernie. I voted for Hilary because she was the candidate, and I thought she could win. To be fair to her, she did win the popular vote...but that and $5 will get you coffee at Starbucks.

I didn’t create this thread, but it would be nice if we could all discuss the candidates without painting any of them as Jesus incarnate, and taking a real look at a candidate that has a chance of beating Trump. To ME, Bernie STILL isn’t that person.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:43 AM   #265
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Obviously, that was not his finest hour. Nor is his history voting for gun laws. But if that's all you got, it's not much. He has been amazingly consistent. No politician in my lifetime has the record he has for voting in the interest of working people. If he's a political hack, there is not a single long-time member of Congress who is not.
I’m sure if I took the time (because what I posted was only SKIMMED off one article), there would be pages of things I could post about Bernie. But again, I think you are missing one of my points, and a point I believe Collette tried to make....we have got to stop tearing apart our candidates and find one that the people of the country will actually vote for this time.

If i’m wrong Collette I apologize.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:54 AM   #266
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

You skimmed all there is. That's the same old pile of shit that Hillary's folk kept scooping up. The guy is decent. If you know no more about him than what you have posted, then calling him a hack and implying he's corrupt is irresponsible.

There is no comparison between the two. Clinton is truly corrupt on a dozen levels. Bernie has lived a life of service with true integrity. Truly, people other than progressives acknowledge both facts. There's no comparison.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:05 PM   #267
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
What it means is...when I give an example of something Bernie did, I get “but Hilary!” .
You introduced the contrast saying she wasn't even in Congress. Well she did way more harm than any single vote.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:08 PM   #268
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
You skimmed all there is. That's the same old pile of shit that Hillary's folk kept scooping up. The guy is decent. If you know no more about him than what you have posted, then calling him a hack and implying he's corrupt is irresponsible.

There is no comparison between the two. Clinton is truly corrupt on a dozen levels. Bernie has lived a life of service with true integrity. Truly, people other than progressives acknowledge both facts. There's no comparison.
I. Am. Not. Comparing. Bernie. With. Hilary!!!

What I am doing, is wasting my breath. Have a good day.
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2019, 12:10 PM   #269
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Re the thread, I brought in that quote about Clinton to point out the fact that none of the current candidates inspires that kind of reaction and based on the numbers presented, it was kind of encouraging. It was all about the current election until Collette called people who disliked Clinton names and took us down this rabbit hole. She asked why Clinton was disliked and here we are.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:11 PM   #270
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
I. Am. Not. Comparing. Bernie. With. Hilary!!!

What I am doing, is wasting my breath. Have a good day.
Well in that post, I was. You brought up the crime bill, comparing them.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:23 PM   #271
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

hating ..is that what Democrats do? is hating, disliking, and vilifying people about their political choices past or present what we are about??? Don't think so. Who in their right mind wants to deal with such judgements? Right or wrong isn't even an issue. Democrats are inclusive not exclusive. We welcome everyone even if i don't dig your opinions or the candidates you support. If you're well informed great, let's talk if you're not let's share ideas.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2019, 12:36 PM   #272
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:

why don't you just stop Martina, everyone in here KNOWS how you feel. Beating up people because they don't agree with you is not cool. It turns people off. I don't like anything about Bernie but if you love him, that's just fine with me. Eveyone's opinion counts even if it's diametrically different then my own. I'm just happy when i see someone cares enough to at least have one!!!!!!@@
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2019, 01:36 PM   #273
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Please give me one good reason why Hillary was the 2nd least liked major party nominee of all time. When did that happen? Who made that happen? You all really believe there was ever only one nominee less Satanic than Hillary?

I've never really understood why Democrats and the Left allow Repubs and the Right to define and smear their candidates, accept the smear as legit, and then spend the rest of their political thought defending agst straw man bullshit

Why are so many of you such cowering wimps, so eager to self flagellate and accept every nasty distraction tossed at you.

Ignore the A..Holes. That's what they do because they understand that the public is too ignorant to distinguish fine argument.being constantly on the defensive is just dumb.

Stop going on abt how bad Hillary was. Leave that to the Right.
Want the perfect male candidate, resurrect Jesus.
Want the perfect female candidate, dig up Mother Teresa.
Want the worst possible candidate, let the Right pick one for you and then go on and on about whether they got it right.
What a divisive waste of time and resources.

Decided to repost that so folks could see what I actually did say and not what I didn't say. But I suppose that's neither here nor there at this point.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2019, 01:46 PM   #274
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Yes, "cowering wimps" is such a charming thing to call people. I can see why you'd want to repost it.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:54 PM   #275
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Insults

Quote:
Please give me one good reason why Hillary was the 2nd least liked major party nominee of all time. When did that happen? Who made that happen? You all really believe there was ever only one nominee less Satanic than Hillary?

I've never really understood why Democrats and the Left allow Repubs and the Right to define and smear their candidates, accept the smear as legit, and then spend the rest of their political thought defending agst straw man bullshit

Why are so many of you such cowering wimps, so eager to self flagellate and accept every nasty distraction tossed at you.

Ignore the A..Holes. That's what they do because they understand that the public is too ignorant to distinguish fine argument.being constantly on the defensive is just dumb.

Want the perfect male candidate, resurrect Jesus.
Want the perfect female candidate, dig up Mother Teresa.
Want the worst possible candidate, let the Right pick one for you and then go on and on about whether they got it right.
What a divisive waste of time and resources.
Have boldened and put into red all insults... (also removed my thanks, for having re-read this particular post).

One wonders why the above author is persistently trying to provoke/incite/goad some of the posters? This is definitely not fine dialogue or any kind of dialogue, nor is it helpful.

Actually, I think it is creating division and argument, and there is nothing about that promotes constructive thought, and it is not bringing all of us together.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2019, 02:08 PM   #276
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Wonder away.

I'm quite sure my meaning is quite clear to most readers who can distinguish my references to Democrats from references to Republicans, references to the Left from references to the Right.

Also they may notice that I am not attacking anyone here personally nor loading my post with personal insult.

I should have known better.
Please do not go after me personally again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2019, 10:01 PM   #277
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:

So you quote me, ask me direct questions and then continue to use the word "you," referring to folks on the left, to say "why are so many of YOU cowering assholes." Then you continue to use "you," in the imperative, saying stop hating on Hillary. That's pretty fucking direct.

But that's not a personal attack? The entire post is dripping with disdain and disrespect. Just charming. An example to us all.

And before you or someone calls me out for parsing your post, YOU reposted it so we could all see how you expressed yourself.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:29 AM   #278
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Trump's lies are increasing

"Trump has made 9,014 false or misleading claims over 773 days"

"As of the end of Sunday, March 3, the 773rd day of his term in office, Trump has reportedly accumulated 9,014 suspicious claims, Washington Post reports, citing The Fact Checker’s database. According to the American newspaper, the US president averaged nearly 5.9 false or misleading claims a day in his first year in office. In his second year, Trump reportedly hit nearly 16.5 a day and so far in 2019, he is averaging nearly 22 claims a day."

https://www.legit.ng/1226115-fact-ch...ys-report.html

All these lies are indicative of the dark cancer spreading over a certain sector of the American population.

Roger Stone's [who is one of Trump's best buds] motto is "never apologize". Trump never apologizes either. Apart from all of Trump's lies and his deliberate ad hominem attacks, one can always tell just how evil the man is (or anyone else who lies) by the way that even after never apologizing, such a bully will not only increase their passive-aggressive rant, but they will also play the victim, even making veiled threats.

[As an aside, I am still aghast at Justin Trudeau's behavior in my post regarding the SNC-Lavalin scandal. A reporter had approached him and asked him whether he would apologize - he ignored the question and left - oh my goodness, the darkness is spreading to Canada as well! smh!]

No one dares ask Trump to apologize. One can always tell just how bad a group/collective is when the majority associated with such an evil man remain silent in the face of all his abuse.

Trump's latest comment lie is horrific: "The Democrats hate Jewish people." He is trying to get the Jewish vote, lol.

The fact is that more than approx. 75% of Jews in the States voted for democrats in the midterms.

From "Morning Joe", in 2016, Jewish voters voted 71% for the Democrats, and in 2018, 79% for the Democrats.

The Far Right and the Neo-Nazis are most likely pleased with Trump, finding validation for their antisemitism. Trump knows this, and has used them and their prejudices to get their support.

Anything to win - just another example of someone who will use any and all means to reach their ends, which is just another example of how evil Trump is.

What a mess!
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2019, 07:10 AM   #279
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Just read a good article about Pete Buttigieg on CNN, this morning. And I plan to donate to his campaign when I get home from work today.

Here's the article, in case anyone is interested:

Pete Buttigieg Calls Mike Pence a 'Cheerleader for the Porn Star Presidency'

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2019, 09:07 AM   #280
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Quote:
So you quote me, ask me direct questions and then continue to use the word "you," referring to folks on the left, to say "why are so many of YOU cowering assholes." Then you continue to use "you," in the imperative, saying stop hating on Hillary. That's pretty fucking direct.

But that's not a personal attack? The entire post is dripping with disdain and disrespect. Just charming. An example to us all.

And before you or someone calls me out for parsing your post, YOU reposted it so we could all see how you expressed yourself.
Point of personal privilege: Nowhere in my post did I write "why are so many of YOU cowering assholes". Where did that misleading quote originate?

Parse away but please reread my post first. Perhaps I should repost it again to help out .

As for the use of the word "you", is there a plural form of this word? I'd think many readers could distinguish between "you" being used singularly and "you" being used in the plural. I suppose I could have used "Y'all". Lesson learned.

On another matter: Does anyone know how to do that red bold typeface?
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:

Tags
2020, election