Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-09-2015, 10:07 AM   #2721
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

A good morning was had by me today, exercisers.

E21, random program, level 3
Stats: 88 cal, .73 mi, 10:00 min

Lower body workout using my 2x12 formula followed by ab work and some very nice stretching ended my gym time.

I also spent an hour with a coworker, hanging signs on a greasy fence. I then spent 20 minutes scrubbing my hands, arms, shoulder and elbows with Simple Green.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2015, 07:43 PM   #2722
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Skipped my workout today. My shoulder was super sore from PT yesterday, and it dictated my (lack of) desire to workout.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:48 AM   #2723
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Happy Friday, exercisers!

I got an early morning workout in today.

E21, random program, level 4
Stats: 92 cal, .81 mi, 10:00 min

I did upper body but today was more about rebuilding than maintaining or growing. I kept with the 2x12 formula but kept the weights reasonable.

Ab work was fairly thorough and I did some good stretching.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2015, 03:23 PM   #2724
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation
Default True confession time, lol....

I've been slacking for a number of reasons - wasn't feeling well for a few days, working a lot, etc; but mostly because I overachieve at slacking off!

Plan to get back on track this weekend - not saying my famous last words "I'll start on Monday" lol

Ahhh; I feel better now. That was really bugging me.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:55 PM   #2725
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Took the afternoon off ... had a huge heavy shelf unit I built 2 or 3 years ago ... I am tired of it so I brought it face down, cut it up into manageable pieces and loaded it on the truck, then cut up 3 other smaller pieces ... got that accomplished before it started raining ... continued working outside in the rain ... going through my 2 x 4 stash, slimmed down that rack

To sum up, my exercise experience consisted of picking up, carrying about 25 or so 2 x 4's and putting on my truck.

I always do that, it seems to be a pattern. I build something, use it a couple of years, then discard it because it becomes "old hat" and I want to redesign it. At least this cycle prevents boredom. LOL!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2015, 05:07 PM   #2726
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
Took the afternoon off ... had a huge heavy shelf unit I built 2 or 3 years ago ... I am tired of it so I brought it face down, cut it up into manageable pieces and loaded it on the truck, then cut up 3 other smaller pieces ... got that accomplished before it started raining ... continued working outside in the rain ... going through my 2 x 4 stash, slimmed down that rack

To sum up, my exercise experience consisted of picking up, carrying about 25 or so 2 x 4's and putting on my truck.

I always do that, it seems to be a pattern. I build something, use it a couple of years, then discard it because it becomes "old hat" and I want to redesign it. At least this cycle prevents boredom. LOL!
It's better to redesign something than to totally trash it. You worked your environmental muscles today!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:58 AM   #2727
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Another good morning, exercisers! Cardio day!

E21, cardio and manual programs
Stats: 226 cal, 1.91 mi, 25:00 min

The cardio program worked for the first half and then POOF, it didn't see me or read my HR any more. I guess I got too sweaty? Those machines have been sweated on so much for so long, I'm not surprised to have some snafus and shorts in some of them. I dunno. I made it work.

B6, manual program, level 3
Stats: 103 cal, 3.79 mi, 20:00 min

T34, manual program
Stats: 76 cal, .74 mi, 20:00 min

I took it super easy on the treadmill. I played with the incline a bit from zero to 1.5 and I kept it very slow except the one minute I jogged but I went at a speed that was slower than what I used to walk at so no one can say I'm pushing myself too hard.

I worked on my obliques and stretched really well. My arms are sore from yesterday. Tomorrow is scheduled for lower body so I have a few days to recoup before having to worry about my arms.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:48 PM   #2728
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I had an exhilarating work-out today. I love work-outs where it's the main activity of the day instead of just fit in. It's much more relaxing. I did 45 minutes on the stair master (interval program, level 2/ level 6) and then 45 minutes of floor work: weight lifting, abs, leg weights, and stretching.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2015, 09:47 PM   #2729
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I went gym shopping today, exercisers!

Here are my options:

Gym 1: current gym

Hours: 24 hrs during the week and from 7-7 on weekends.
Features: cardio machines, weight training, circuit training room, stretch area, free consultation, free training sessions, massage chairs, hydromassage bed, location is less than 2 miles from me.
Drawbacks: annual fee and ventilation. With the exception of the circuit training room, it's always hot in there and it affects my effort and results. No weekend classes.
Neutral: contract required
Option: 2nd gym I can go to with no paperwork change or additional charges that is 5 miles away, larger, newer and the temperature is better

Gym 2: meathead gym

Hours: reasonable. 5am-9-10pm and opens at 7 and 8 on the weekends through 7 or 8pm
Features: cardio, weight training, women's only circuit training room, private stretch area, one consultation with trainer, punching bag (always wanted one), sauna, free classes (some of which are really kick ass), free week pass, juice bar, month to month or 1 year or 2 year contracts with AAA discount. 2 week cancellation.
Drawbacks: annual fee, enrollment fee, parking lot hard to park comfortably, at peak times there can be wait periods for apparatus. Classes are first come, first serve. Environment is not 100% comfy for me. Farther away...about 3 miles one way.

Gym 3: new gym

Hours: reasonable. 5am-11pm and 8-8 on the weekends
Features: cardio, weight training, free classes (including weekend classes), racquetball courts, sauna, heated pool, Jacuzzi, one hour consultation and orientation, month to month contracts, great parking and it's huge (never crowded), 2 week cancellation.
Drawbacks: enrollment fee, location (5 miles each way)
Bonus: I saw a guy walking in as I was leaving and I played dumb and asked him if he went to the gym (I saw his lanyard so I figured he worked there). As it turns out, he is the General Manager and we chatted for a few minutes. He offered me one free hour of training if I give them a shot.

Gym 4: old gym

Hours: fairly reasonable. 5am-9pm, 7-6 on Sat, 8-3 on Sun
Features: cardio, weight training including free motion machines, nice owners (wife is about to pop out their first baby...a boy), free classes (including weekends), sauna, Jacuzzi, saltwater heated pool, orientation, varying contracts lengths/amounts of time, easy parking, 2 day pass. It's within walking distance from home.
Drawbacks: it's an old facility and kind of smells like it, the classes are very small. Some of the contract options (namely, the ones I'm looking at) are outrageously expensive.

Soooooo......which option would you choose. Oh, Gym 3 has a sale that ends tomorrow so snap, snap with your decision.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2015, 11:04 PM   #2730
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I was going to sleep on it, but I think I'll go with what I'd choose: Gym #3. I support whichever gym you pick

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2015, 12:16 PM   #2731
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I went gym shopping today, exercisers!

Here are my options:

Gym 1: current gym

Hours: 24 hrs during the week and from 7-7 on weekends.
Features: cardio machines, weight training, circuit training room, stretch area, free consultation, free training sessions, massage chairs, hydromassage bed, location is less than 2 miles from me.
Drawbacks: annual fee and ventilation. With the exception of the circuit training room, it's always hot in there and it affects my effort and results. No weekend classes.
Neutral: contract required
Option: 2nd gym I can go to with no paperwork change or additional charges that is 5 miles away, larger, newer and the temperature is better

Gym 2: meathead gym

Hours: reasonable. 5am-9-10pm and opens at 7 and 8 on the weekends through 7 or 8pm
Features: cardio, weight training, women's only circuit training room, private stretch area, one consultation with trainer, punching bag (always wanted one), sauna, free classes (some of which are really kick ass), free week pass, juice bar, month to month or 1 year or 2 year contracts with AAA discount. 2 week cancellation.
Drawbacks: annual fee, enrollment fee, parking lot hard to park comfortably, at peak times there can be wait periods for apparatus. Classes are first come, first serve. Environment is not 100% comfy for me. Farther away...about 3 miles one way.

Gym 3: new gym

Hours: reasonable. 5am-11pm and 8-8 on the weekends
Features: cardio, weight training, free classes (including weekend classes), racquetball courts, sauna, heated pool, Jacuzzi, one hour consultation and orientation, month to month contracts, great parking and it's huge (never crowded), 2 week cancellation.
Drawbacks: enrollment fee, location (5 miles each way)
Bonus: I saw a guy walking in as I was leaving and I played dumb and asked him if he went to the gym (I saw his lanyard so I figured he worked there). As it turns out, he is the General Manager and we chatted for a few minutes. He offered me one free hour of training if I give them a shot.

Gym 4: old gym

Hours: fairly reasonable. 5am-9pm, 7-6 on Sat, 8-3 on Sun
Features: cardio, weight training including free motion machines, nice owners (wife is about to pop out their first baby...a boy), free classes (including weekends), sauna, Jacuzzi, saltwater heated pool, orientation, varying contracts lengths/amounts of time, easy parking, 2 day pass. It's within walking distance from home.
Drawbacks: it's an old facility and kind of smells like it, the classes are very small. Some of the contract options (namely, the ones I'm looking at) are outrageously expensive.

Soooooo......which option would you choose. Oh, Gym 3 has a sale that ends tomorrow so snap, snap with your decision.

#1 Is a known quantity that you are unhappy enough with to go shopping. It's out, and you're ready for a freshen up on your routine anyway.

#2 Sounds like distance is a factor for you, but how much? Is it enough that you'll let yourself skid sometimes because of it? Ventilation unknown, environment not 100% is something only you know what it means. Figure out how important that is. You have to wait for apparatus now and then where you are and it irritates you. All in all, pass.

#3 Distance, see #2. Not crowded, free classes, shiny bonus. Cancellation policy, what's to lose by trying?

#4 Known quantity, shiny isn't always better. Walking distance could be a huge deal maker.

Okay, try #3 for 2 week trial and either love it or get it out of your system with the knowledge that #4 is waiting in the wings.

Gee, this is a whole lot easier when you're deciding for someone else!
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2015, 02:19 PM   #2732
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation
Default Confessions of a Fitbit cheater

This morning I had band practice, which doesn't usually qualify as a cardio workout, even with my jackhammer-arm punk rock style of bass playing. But according to my Fitbit, I had an 8000+ step workout. My bass playing style apparently translates to my Fitbit wristband as a mad 3 minute dash, followed by 2 minutes of rest, and then another mad dash for 2 and a half minutes. Repeat x10.

So to those of you that I'm beating in the Weekend Warrior challenge: Yeah, I'm a total cheater. A few competitive types may have even stepped up their game to keep up. You're welcome!

Oh, and the next band practice is Tuesday night. I'm hoping to break 10,000 steps then.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:31 PM   #2733
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
#1 Is a known quantity that you are unhappy enough with to go shopping. It's out, and you're ready for a freshen up on your routine anyway.

#2 Sounds like distance is a factor for you, but how much? Is it enough that you'll let yourself skid sometimes because of it? Ventilation unknown, environment not 100% is something only you know what it means. Figure out how important that is. You have to wait for apparatus now and then where you are and it irritates you. All in all, pass.

#3 Distance, see #2. Not crowded, free classes, shiny bonus. Cancellation policy, what's to lose by trying?

#4 Known quantity, shiny isn't always better. Walking distance could be a huge deal maker.

Okay, try #3 for 2 week trial and either love it or get it out of your system with the knowledge that #4 is waiting in the wings.

Gee, this is a whole lot easier when you're deciding for someone else!
Riiiight??? lol

I basically came to the same conclusion and signed up. The sale was too good to pass up. I went even though I had a miserable day, was nauseous and my head felt like it was going to explode. Additional bonuses I learned about in the sign up process include, but are not limited to, the following:
  • the ability to freeze my account for several months and pick up right where I left off whenever I choose
  • have a cc on file and have paid first and last month's dues but I can also pay in advance via cc or cash if I would rather it not go on my card
  • a juice bar will open up within the month inside the gym
  • they have ropes!!!
  • nearly everyone that works there has some sort of degree in fitness, physical therapy, nutrition, et cetera
There's more, but I can't think any more.

I'm thinking I will shut the account off when the weather gets too miserable to battle the roads and use the place next to me that I can walk over to and then cut that off and switch the other back on when the snow's lower than chest level.

I got a plan!!!

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 09-13-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:16 PM   #2734
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Sounds like a great plan! The ability to switch when weather would be a real problem sounds like the perfect solution. Good job.

Bonus points if the juice bar includes veg juices and not just fruit stickies, er, I mean smoothies...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2015, 08:00 PM   #2735
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Sounds like a great plan! The ability to switch when weather would be a real problem sounds like the perfect solution. Good job.

Bonus points if the juice bar includes veg juices and not just fruit stickies, er, I mean smoothies...
It will contain everything, both good and evil. I've been warned about the smoothies and shakes by the guy who signed me up.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:06 PM   #2736
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Just a heads up that I'm here on a hall pass, still sidelined, but expecting to be up to full steam in three weeks. Maybe some intermittent bits starting sooner.

Carry on with the inspiration!

Hey, I just found one I shoulda been using for Gemme all along!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2015, 08:08 PM   #2737
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Just a heads up that I'm here on a hall pass, still sidelined, but expecting to be up to full steam in three weeks. Maybe some intermittent bits starting sooner.

Carry on with the inspiration!

Hey, I just found one I shoulda been using for Gemme all along!
Dammit, Kelt!

I needed that.

For about 2 years now.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:23 AM   #2738
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Okay, people!

I am not admitting to being "sick" per se but I am admitting that my body is telling me that it needs some help, so I'm taking it easy today. I had to drop my work truck off at the dealership and then I walked home. It's only a smidge over half a mile but it's a bit of movement that won't stress my system out too much. I did walk about a bit when I got home so that added a little more to my tally but it still came in right at or just under a mile.

This is my first of three days off. Tomorrow and Thursday, I'm going to do test workouts at the new place and the next door place. I may wind up doing something else today but I'm going to keep things low key and with no expectations.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:26 PM   #2739
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

So I'll be benched a little while long. Because of a doctor/insurance issue that I still do not understand and a lot more phone calls than I ever wanted to make, my surgery has been postponed until October 21st. Which is not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Bad news, that 9 more days of pain and waiting. Good news is I was actually able to get some mild pain medicine this time. So maybe I'll at least be able to sleep at night.

I think (fingers crossed) there will be no more issues.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:31 PM   #2740
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I wound up doing about an hour and a half of house chores including, but not limited to, scrubbing the toilet and tub, dishes, sweeping, dusting and vacuuming.

Tomorrow I have a consultation at the new gym.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights