Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Singles Mingle

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2011, 06:03 AM   #13
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Great thread, btw...

"*Would you go out with someone who has dated someone you know?".

I did not answer this one, so here goes.

There are all different levels of dating. If a friend of mine had a very, very casual dating relationship and when it ended-it was mutual, I would still ask her if it would be OK and how she would feel about it. I am very intuitive and if I even had a sense ut bothered her, would never do it. Friends come first to me. I am never going to lose a friend over a date, no matter how attracted I might be to the butch.

If they had had a much more serious relationship & it ended, I would never consider it. There is too much emotion left when a serious relationship ends. She would need my friendship more than ever!

Separate issue: I do not call online interactions dating. I call that getting to know someone and there are also many different levels of that, too.

The online interactions can and do, range from casual, brief, superficial chit-chat, to much more intimate verbal sharing.

When one gets to the much more intimate sharing stage, then I would want to meet that person; in person. If we meet in person and all the feelings, thoughts, hopes and shared dreams that we had online, bonded us and there was genuine physical and emotional attraction (and not just a projection of what we thought the person or wanted the person to be) then, I would call that dating.

Before that, I am getting to know them on a deeper level than even an actual casual, physical date.

I agree about not discussing people you have dated or slept with with others. What goes on between me and someone else, is our business. I never, ever share a confidence either. That is an important value of mine. I do not betray trust.

Have a great day everyone!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: