Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 07-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #421
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Nada.

Total bupkiss.

Maybe tomorrow.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #422
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post

Kelt, might I venture that women in various states of undress might be uncomfortable just having someone they've never seen before and who is fully dressed in outdoor wear regardless of the sexuality and gender presentation of that person. Just a thought.

I was going to say this too. Sometimes in our locker room a man will accidentally walk in, and there is a big reaction or even a new woman who is not one of the regulars, and so everyone's curious (and, as Daktari said, sometimes especially defensive during tours when they are partially undressed and the person coming in is dressed). I think once you become a regular somewhere people will not give you as hard a time. I feel a sense of family/connection with all the regulars, even if we are different and/or don't care for each other. There's still the commonality of having all this time we spend next to each other at the gym! Speaking of which, I did an hour next to Jill on the Arc Trainer today. She did level 15 and held the sides instead of doing the arm motion. She was extremely quick (like a fox I tell you!) and was texting and watching Ellen Degeneres. I was doing a high intensity slower session and using my arms and legs while watching Judge Judy. Then I did 30 minutes of yoga, weight lifting, and abs next to the serious, older, petite, muscular Asian woman whose name I do not know, though I do know her whole exercise routine, and I'd venture to say she knows mine .

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #423
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
I was going to say this too. Sometimes in our locker room a man will accidentally walk in, and there is a big reaction or even a new woman who is not one of the regulars, and so everyone's curious (and, as Daktari said, sometimes especially defensive during tours when they are partially undressed and the person coming in is dressed). I think once you become a regular somewhere people will not give you as hard a time. I feel a sense of family/connection with all the regulars, even if we are different and/or don't care for each other. There's still the commonality of having all this time we spend next to each other at the gym! Speaking of which, I did an hour next to Jill on the Arc Trainer today. She did level 15 and held the sides instead of doing the arm motion. She was extremely quick (like a fox I tell you!) and was texting and watching Ellen Degeneres. I was doing a high intensity slower session and using my arms and legs while watching Judge Judy. Then I did 30 minutes of yoga, weight lifting, and abs next to the serious, older, petite, muscular Asian woman whose name I do not know, though I do know her whole exercise routine, and I'd venture to say she knows mine .
I completely agree that the women who are already in there have a heightened sense of vulnerability because of their own state of undress. I get that and I'm okay with just having to grit my teeth for a little while until they get used to me, and they will. I play well with others and make friends easily.

I think that especially in the US we are all sort of conditioned to be uncomfortable with our own bodies in a public space. I understand that people are uncomfortable in their own skin and I am also. I think the monster in my head is that I'm in the wrong skin at all, and additionally do not care for it.

I think the other patrons will get over it faster than I will.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2013, 04:58 AM   #424
Daktari

In such situations folks often take their lead from us. If we're awkward and embarrassed they're more likely to tread on eggshells around us. My personal way of dealing with this is just to be extra smiley and friendly. I never take offense if folks make mistakes and call me Sir etc., being offended can just alienate and make them feel embarrassed at their mistake.
It just takes a little time for folks to get over themselves and their preconceptions of female bodied folks who don't look like them.

Infact I took more offense at a femme calling me 'she' at weekend when she really should have known better.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #425
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Nordic walk in sand 9 miles. *copyandpaste*

Going from 6 miles to 9 for the last four days = sore legs in the morning.

Last weekend while on my walk I was talking to a friend when we noticed a huge plume of black smoke across the water and were trying to figure out what it was. Turns out it was the Asiana plane crash. Strange stuff out there some days.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #426
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Can you give us a quick description of what Nordic walking involves, Kelt?

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #427
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've been struggling with the intense heat and humidity! So I'm still inside a lot on the rowing machine. It's supposed to be in the 80s this weekend though, woohoo! I have a Sunday ride scheduled with a friend I am training with. Her longest ride of the season has been 22 miles so I'm hoping to push her to about 35 on Sunday. With hills.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #428
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
Can you give us a quick description of what Nordic walking involves, Kelt?
It's an adaptation that came from off season cross country skiing training. Very popular in northern Europe, and being incorporated into a lot of rehab programs in hospitals. It looks kind of like this, I just do it on a beach.
It's basically a very fast aggressive walking with upper body recruitment, but no impact. I think of it as an outdoor elliptical machine.

I ran into one of my friends this morning and she was sporting a brand new set of poles. She is from India, everybody who thought I was a little touched a year ago is drinking the koolaid. She is #7.

Thanks to you asking I found a picture of it underwater!! I could seriously get into that! Unfortunately the only picture I found is one that I cannot transfer into here.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #429
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,586 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Today was a crappy day. I had a migraine this morning which made me feel exhausted all day. And I had several unpleasant experiences at work.

I did not want to go to the gym tonight. I argued with myself for quite a while. But I had a race to finish dammit! So I trudged off to the gym.

I'm so glad I went. I feel so much better after my workout.

And I had the fastest time I've walked all week!

Today's time = 1 mile in 40 minutes and 1 second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsie View Post
I worked a lot Friday and Saturday (32 hours) and I was too tired to go to the gym.

I went this afternoon and had a really lovely time. There were a few people there but it wasn't very crowded. And there is some sort of surfing competition on the TV. So if I scrunched my eyes just so it was like I was walking on an air conditioned beach in Fiji.

Today's time = 1 mile in 40 minutes and 45 seconds.

Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #430
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsie View Post
Today was a crappy day. I had a migraine this morning which made me feel exhausted all day. And I had several unpleasant experiences at work.

I did not want to go to the gym tonight. I argued with myself for quite a while. But I had a race to finish dammit! So I trudged off to the gym.

I'm so glad I went. I feel so much better after my workout.

And I had the fastest time I've walked all week!

Today's time = 1 mile in 40 minutes and 1 second.

Don't you just love when you can turn a day around like that?!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #431
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

It was an abreviated workout for me tonight. 45 minutes total. 5/5 warming up and cooling down and 30 in 'let's go' mode plus 5 for stretching.

The gym was pretty full tonight and there was a nice buzz and energy about the place. I still got my favorite spot though, so I was a happy camper and came in over 250 calories burned (taking Kelt's post about percentages being off into consideration). Not bad for a quickie.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #432
Chelsius

How Do You Identify?:
Queerdo Lady Unit
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Chelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST ReputationChelsius Has the BEST Reputation

Today I decided to use my resistance bands rather than free weights. It was a nice little switch up. Really need to get back to yoga on a daily basis.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chelsius For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 02:43 AM   #433
Daktari

Yesterday was a full day being active. Walking to and from most places = 4 miles + cycling a short coupla miles. All good.

Today starts with walking round to the workshop, more walking to and fro other places and finally a 3mile ride (not long enough for exercise, it's just for quick transport) to the meeting tonight.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 05:54 AM   #434
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Yesterday was a full day being active. Walking to and from most places = 4 miles + cycling a short coupla miles. All good.

Today starts with walking round to the workshop, more walking to and fro other places and finally a 3mile ride (not long enough for exercise, it's just for quick transport) to the meeting tonight.
Any kind of moving is exercise, my friend! It is great that exercise is built into your way of life.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #435
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Any kind of moving is exercise, my friend! It is great that exercise is built into your way of life.
You're right mate!

I know I'm very fortunate to live in a place and be in a position where, barring real bad health or weather days, I can get out in the open air and move around. However I do have to make myself do this stuff and turn down motorised lifts in favour of human powered transport; velo or Shanks' Pony [please see my personal translator for clarification about Mr S and his equine] now I got old and can't be effortlessly thin anymore
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #436
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default So far--

thirty minutes of laps -- 10 mins front crawl / 10 breaststroke / 10 front crawl
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #437
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Even with sore knees I have kept rideing the bike just not as for or as hard,it feels like cheeting but I can still get some cardio in my work out.I have done thiryt to fortyfive minits day working out with weights and playing basket ball plus useing the bowfles till I just give out.For the next three days I have pool games to go to so my program will be much easyer but not forgotten,so when i'm done will get back to what I am doing.I am starting to drop a fue pounds again,I was thinking it wasnt going to happen again so I am pleased just wish I didnt have to crunch the workouts so hard cause I dont want to blow out something then cant workout at all.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #438
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Another 9 on the beach, a beautiful sunny day.

I should probably crank up the SPF tomorrow.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #439
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

3 hrs at the pool, swimming, walking, and water arobics.... legs feel like jello.... I will sleep good tonite!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #440
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

A mixed afternoon, exercisers! Half an hour of cardio (low speed and high incline) followed by about an hour of circuit training and some quick stretching.

I saw the Amazonian claw-handed goddess again. Man, that lady can run! And her legs are so long, it makes her look like she's just loping along, even though I know how fast she's going.

I have a love-hate relationship with how I think of her. She makes it look so easy and she's lovely to watch....like a long-legged foal getting his feet under him or maybe a gazelle boinging through the tall grass....but dammit, she makes it look so easy....and it's totally not. Dammit.

Well, the important thing is that I got right under the fan again today and it felt delicious while I was on the treadmill.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights