Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 11-14-2011, 09:20 PM   #381
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalinaRose View Post
{{{{Jo}}}} I apologize in advance if this is none of my business, but since I am going through a similar situation with my father perhaps we can commiserate.

I finally realized after this last go around with my dad that I can't make him share with my siblings and I that which he himself cannot even come to terms with. I feel like I have been chasing him around the block since my mom died nearly three years ago and to be quite frank, I'm tired of it. Since I was a little girl I have had my dad on a pedestal I'm not all together sure he is deserved of, and I'm just now...at the age of 38...coming to this realization.

So, my decision is/was to not feed into his BS. I can love him to the moon and back and hope for the best but after all is said and done I can't make him better nor can I make him change his behavior or the way he fundamentally is as a human being. And I have finally come to a place of peace in my heart about this. Well, I still get teary at times over it all, but I have done all I can do and I know how bad it feels to bend over backwards for him and then get this passive/aggressive, shoulder-shrug response.

Hang in there! Are you still coming to AZ soon? xoxo
Thank you so much...and you're absolutely right. I'm just going to need to come to grips with the fact that this is how she is...and cancer doesn't change any of that, of course.

And, yes, I'm here now....just arrived late this afternoon, and just sent you a PM (great minds think alike ). I'm only here a few days, leaving early Thursday morning.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #382
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Tired and feeling whiney today. Part of my tit and armpit is the color of charcoal and blistered. Questioning why I have to go through this if the plan is to take them off anyway.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2011, 02:00 AM   #383
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
old school stonebutch, Queer TG butch, ranch hand
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Thanked 1,029 Times in 361 Posts
mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation
Default hi Debby

Hey , got ahead and have a whiney day--this is a long tuff journey and you are doing stupendously.
I am also confused about your sequence of treatment. My breast cancer was a very agressive type and was pretty advanced so I had 4 mo. of chemo, the mastectomies and then radiation treatment last. When I started getting burned I asked the radiation Dr. what to use on it. He gave me some special creme(can't remember what it was) and it did help with the pain and dryness. Have you asked your Dr. what to use?
Sending loving energy your way.
Jeano
Old 11-16-2011, 08:18 AM   #384
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Jeano and thank you,

The chain of events:
diagnosed in April - tumor 8cm, grade 3, stage 2b and triple negative
surgery May 2nd - took almost half of my right breast (whine) and lymph nodes (which are clear yeehaw!)
started chemo June 24th - every two weeks, 4 A/C and then 4 Taxol - A/C I didn't have too many side effects from, but the Taxol kicked my ass
3 weeks after chemo, I started radiation and talk to the Dr about next surgery steps Nov 22nd.

The Dr said the radiation burns can get worse with bigger breasts. I wish I would/could have gotten the mastectomy first. It is under my breast and my armpit that is the worst. Dr gave my aquaphor, but working and having to wear a bra and it aggravates it.

Sorry to hear you had to go through this, too. I keep reminding myself this is only temporary. Most days, my attitude is good, but yesterday I was whiney and boohooy.

Hugs to all of you, you have all been so supportive.

Debby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangjeano View Post
Hey , got ahead and have a whiney day--this is a long tuff journey and you are doing stupendously.
I am also confused about your sequence of treatment. My breast cancer was a very agressive type and was pretty advanced so I had 4 mo. of chemo, the mastectomies and then radiation treatment last. When I started getting burned I asked the radiation Dr. what to use on it. He gave me some special creme(can't remember what it was) and it did help with the pain and dryness. Have you asked your Dr. what to use?
Sending loving energy your way.
Jeano
Old 11-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #385
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Hey everyone. Clay doesn't have internet access, for now. Our glow worm is going in for a repeat colonoscopy next week and she will be having a bowel resection, which hasn't been scheduled yet.

side note:
If anyone is in the same area or knows someone that is, when Clay has surgery, she needs a dog sitter for a week or so.
The Following User Says Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2011, 02:09 PM   #386
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

{{{Clay}}} Keeping you in my thoughts!!! Wish I was closer to pup sit!

Debby, you can complain as much as you like! I think once someone has gone through the big C, they have free range on the grouchy field!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #387
Countyfem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Countyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST ReputationCountyfem Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
Hey everyone. Clay doesn't have internet access, for now. Our glow worm is going in for a repeat colonoscopy next week and she will be having a bowel resection, which hasn't been scheduled yet.

side note:
If anyone is in the same area or knows someone that is, when Clay has surgery, she needs a dog sitter for a week or so.

I spoke to Clay, I'll be going down when her date is set, she says to thank all of you for your thoughts and well wishes
Countyfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Countyfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #388
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countyfem View Post
I spoke to Clay, I'll be going down when her date is set, she says to thank all of you for your thoughts and well wishes
Countyfem...you are wonderful! Give clay hugs and keep us updated please.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #389
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Not only whiney, but been tearing up easy. I am almost done, so WTF is that all about.

Quote:
{{{Clay}}} Keeping you in my thoughts!!! Wish I was closer to pup sit!

Debby, you can complain as much as you like! I think once someone has gone through the big C, they have free range on the grouchy field!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #390
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Not only whiney, but been tearing up easy. I am almost done, so WTF is that all about.
I was all funky, depressed, and anxious for several months AFTER I finished all of my treatment.

Without going on a long ramble, the thought is that a person can sort of feel adrift after treatment is done. A "what now?" kind of thing. Here they had this major life and death crisis and then their oncologist says, "Ok, you are good to go. Go back to your regular life now. If you get cancer again, we will treat it. See you in 3 months!".

What I did was go here http://www.blockmd.com/ and got blood work done. Got on supplements and started eating as close to vegan as I could tolerate. It makes me feel more in control of my destiny. Is it bullshit? I don't know, but it helps decrease the anxiety about a recurrence.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #391
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Not good news

Hey, everyone.

My partner's mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. We don't know a whole lot besides the tumor is behind her nipple and in a lymph node in her arm pit (I think I said that correctly).

tantalizingfemme is flying out on Saturday to be with her mom for the surgery on Monday. She plans to stay for 8 days.

Please keep her and her mother in your thoughts and prayers.

And Debby, you may be getting lots of questions from me in the future!

Quote:
Hi Jeano and thank you,

The chain of events:
diagnosed in April - tumor 8cm, grade 3, stage 2b and triple negative
surgery May 2nd - took almost half of my right breast (whine) and lymph nodes (which are clear yeehaw!)
started chemo June 24th - every two weeks, 4 A/C and then 4 Taxol - A/C I didn't have too many side effects from, but the Taxol kicked my ass
3 weeks after chemo, I started radiation and talk to the Dr about next surgery steps Nov 22nd.

The Dr said the radiation burns can get worse with bigger breasts. I wish I would/could have gotten the mastectomy first. It is under my breast and my armpit that is the worst. Dr gave my aquaphor, but working and having to wear a bra and it aggravates it.

Sorry to hear you had to go through this, too. I keep reminding myself this is only temporary. Most days, my attitude is good, but yesterday I was whiney and boohooy.

Hugs to all of you, you have all been so supportive.

Debby

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2011, 10:28 PM   #392
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sending thoughts and prayers

Dapper, sending healing thoughts and prayers to your Mom-in-law and your partner.
Clay, prayers going out to you.
Countyfemme--you rock!
Debbi, Yep , part of this wild ride is the dang "chemo brain" which can include depression, anxiety, memory loss..... most of it gets better with time but don't hesitate to get help if you want to. And it is like you wrote, you gear up for this fight and then the treatments are done--you have survived the process and then what? Seek out people and things that give you joy.
I am so grateful for this thread and the amazing people who share themselves on here.
Jeano
Old 11-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #393
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countyfem View Post
Countyfem, thank you so much for your caring!! Hugs to you AND to Clay!
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2011, 02:40 PM   #394
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Working on the diet changes. I bookmarked the page and will take a look tomorrow. I have a big fear of having to do this again.
Glad to know this is all normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I was all funky, depressed, and anxious for several months AFTER I finished all of my treatment.

Without going on a long ramble, the thought is that a person can sort of feel adrift after treatment is done. A "what now?" kind of thing. Here they had this major life and death crisis and then their oncologist says, "Ok, you are good to go. Go back to your regular life now. If you get cancer again, we will treat it. See you in 3 months!".

What I did was go here http://www.blockmd.com/ and got blood work done. Got on supplements and started eating as close to vegan as I could tolerate. It makes me feel more in control of my destiny. Is it bullshit? I don't know, but it helps decrease the anxiety about a recurrence.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #395
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

And Jeano for a resource.
So sorry to hear this, I will keep you all in my thoughts Monday.
On a positive note, the recovery from breast cancer is good.

Hugs, Debby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Hey, everyone.

My partner's mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. We don't know a whole lot besides the tumor is behind her nipple and in a lymph node in her arm pit (I think I said that correctly).

tantalizingfemme is flying out on Saturday to be with her mom for the surgery on Monday. She plans to stay for 8 days.

Please keep her and her mother in your thoughts and prayers.

And Debby, you may be getting lots of questions from me in the future!
Old 11-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #396
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Jeano,

When I feel up to it, I have been going to a cancer support group. It has helped a lot. My memory has improved quite a bit, it was really comical there for a while.
How long have you been in recovery? How are you doing now?

Hugs, Debby

Quote:
Dapper, sending healing thoughts and prayers to your Mom-in-law and your partner.
Clay, prayers going out to you.
Countyfemme--you rock!
Debbi, Yep , part of this wild ride is the dang "chemo brain" which can include depression, anxiety, memory loss..... most of it gets better with time but don't hesitate to get help if you want to. And it is like you wrote, you gear up for this fight and then the treatments are done--you have survived the process and then what? Seek out people and things that give you joy.
I am so grateful for this thread and the amazing people who share themselves on here.
Jeano
Old 11-18-2011, 02:24 AM   #397
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Quote:
Jeano,

When I feel up to it, I have been going to a cancer support group. It has helped a lot. My memory has improved quite a bit, it was really comical there for a while.
How long have you been in recovery? How are you doing now?

Hugs, Debby
I am glad your memory is much better. I "milked" the chemo memory thing for at least a year---but can't really blame it on that anymore--I am almost 7 years past breast cancer. lol I'm doing very well. I just retired and am staying busy working on projects around my little ranch. Thanks for asking.
Jeano
Old 11-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #398
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Gives me lots of hope every time I hear someone is years without a recurrence.

Quote:
I am glad your memory is much better. I "milked" the chemo memory thing for at least a year---but can't really blame it on that anymore--I am almost 7 years past breast cancer. lol I'm doing very well. I just retired and am staying busy working on projects around my little ranch. Thanks for asking.
Jeano
Old 11-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #399
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm gonna pick up my yummy gallon drink on the way home from work today. My procedure is at 9am'ish Monday...wish me luck!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #400
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Cool Adventure Club

Quote:
I'm gonna pick up my yummy gallon drink on the way home from work today. My procedure is at 9am'ish Monday...wish me luck!

Oh absolutely. Wonderful way to spend Sunday. That yummy stuff, goes down hard comes out easy. with this adventure.

Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post: