Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM   #221
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
On hiatus

Thanked 26,940 Times in 6,541 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Face Masks

FOR THOSE WHO SEW ...

Just downloaded a PDF pattern from here and will make a few face masks with some remnants and scraps of material I have. More patterns are found at the FreeSewing.org website.

FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT SEW ...

Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM   #222
Kštzchen
~*~*~*~*~

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Maintaining Radio Silence

Thanked 27,275 Times in 8,482 Posts
Kštzchen Has the BEST ReputationKštzchen Has the BEST ReputationKštzchen Has the BEST ReputationKštzchen Has the BEST ReputationKštzchen Has the BEST ReputationKštzchen Has the BEST ReputationKštzchen Has the BEST ReputationKštzchen Has the BEST ReputationKštzchen Has the BEST ReputationKštzchen Has the BEST ReputationKštzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I'm listening to the live broadcast of this morning's covid-19 update from NY-Gov Cuomo. Apparently he can't even get ventilator's due to the circus-effect created by the current WH occupants. So incredibly alarming and sad. And I guess his brother Chris Cuomo (CNN) has been exposed and possibly their mother. Very concerning and increasingly alarming, as each day goes by.

I think Gov Cuomo is shouldering this crisis like a decorated Field Marshall.

It's an understatement to say this is heartbreaking, but it that and more.

Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall once said, and I quote:

Quote:
"The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion during a time of crisis," ~ Thurgood Marshall.
I believe that NY-State's Governor Andrew Cuomo is the example Thurgood Marshall is referencing.

Conversely, it's definitely not the person sitting in the WH.

Governor Cuomo is the exemplary example of the leadership people need during times of crisis. It gives me reason to believe that under his exemplary leadership that other state-wide leaders will model his leadership and help steer our country to safety.

Sending positive thoughts and good JuJu to every reader and member in our community.
Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM   #223
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
As a Human.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Pronouns
Relationship Status:
Why does it matter?

Thanked 1,171 Times in 386 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thanks Orema!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
FOR THOSE WHO SEW ...

Just downloaded a PDF pattern from here and will make a few face masks with some remnants and scraps of material I have. More patterns are found at the FreeSewing.org website.

FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT SEW ...

Thank you for sharing this with us!!

I like the t-shirt idea I'm going to create a few for my next grocery shopping outing.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM   #224
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
On hiatus

Thanked 26,940 Times in 6,541 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPearl View Post
Thank you for sharing this with us!!

I like the t-shirt idea I'm going to create a few for my next grocery shopping outing.
My pleasure, PlatinumPearl.

WHO and CDC are reexamining their guidelines on wearing masks. Also, Dr. Scott Gottlieb, the former commissioner of the FDA, said in an interview on Sunday that the C.D.C. should put out designs for cloth masks for the public. “The value of the mask isn’t necessarily to protect you from getting sick, although it may offer some protection,” he told CBS News. “It’s to protect you from other people. So when someone who’s infected is wearing a mask, they’re much less likely to transmit infection.” (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/h...ronavirus.html)

Whatever is decided, I don't think it's harmful for the average person (i.e., not a healthcare provider) wearing a mask. And the more masks we make at home, the less we take from the people working on the frontlines.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: