Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 02-16-2010, 04:29 PM   #81
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenay View Post

I love this piece, but it was not written by Canéla. Canéla transcribed an interview with Gloria Anzaldúa, so the quote belongs to her.

You Can Read The Rest Here

A powerful read...thank you for sharing this, Selly...big hugs for you.
Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #82
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
Does anyone still have flashbacks? This is how I perceive my ptsd.

Andrew
Yep.

This last year so many of them...I think that the Brain Spotting therapy I am having is helping.

I think flashbacks pretty much describes ptsd to a t.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #83
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Ohhh yes. You are right about that Apocalipstic! And it isn't a pretty picture either. I hate being on the receiving end of them too.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #84
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

More than anything in this world, on this day in this moment at this time in life I wish I had courage for the adversity I'm about to face. The first time, I had endurance. Now I'll found out what I am made of and what I am not made of, who I am and who I am not. I'm here online busying myself, trying to grasp and process things coming to light. Past and present, light and dark, heaven and hell, cowardice and courage, strength and weakness, the seen and unseen, life and death. God help me through this. I wondered what makes a man. I asked and it cost me my life and damn near my soul. My heart is faint and there is no one but God and me and a night in Rio Rio and the reason for it. Sorry to be cryptic, but typing this allows me to process my thoughts online as a link to the outside and something that feels sane right right now in my fright. This is and was my PTSD, and there is far more than I remembered. Now, I'm facing all of it and maybe now—finally—the devil will stop laughing.

Your fellow member,
an ol' Jet in all foilbles
2/18 5:22 EST
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #85
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
More than anything in this world, on this day in this moment at this time in life I wish I had courage for the adversity I'm about to face. The first time, I had endurance. Now I'll found out what I am made of and what I am not made of, who I am and who I am not. I'm here online busying myself, trying to grasp and process things coming to light. Past and present, light and dark, heaven and hell, cowardice and courage, strength and weakness, the seen and unseen, life and death. God help me through this. I wondered what makes a man. I asked and it cost me my life and damn near my soul. My heart is faint and there is no one but God and me and a night in Rio Rio and the reason for it. Sorry to be cryptic, but typing this allows me to process my thoughts online as a link to the outside and something that feels sane right right now in my fright. This is and was my PTSD, and there is far more than I remembered. Now, I'm facing all of it and maybe now—finally—the devil will stop laughing.

Your fellow member,
an ol' Jet in all foilbles
2/18 5:22 EST

I hope things get better for you soon.

The PTSD makes us often relive things we don't even remember clearly...that don't match up right. Our minds play tricks on us.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:05 PM   #86
Princess4u

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, love of my life....princess!!!

Location: Tn for now..waiting for my prince to come and take me away
Princess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST Reputation

I finally ventured to this thread. I have passed it by so many times not wanting to remember, not wanting to acknowledge, not wanting to give respect to the girl who survived a thus far a lifetime of abuse. Embarrased, I suppose, ashamed, not wanting to be reticuled and thinking who would care anyway, its just me. But then I started reading and I see that we all have things in common. There are similarities in each of our sufferings and aftermath of our events. I feel almost like I have come home to ppl who will understand me. Thank you!
Old 02-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #87
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

(((((((((((((((Princess4u))))))))))))))))
we get it, honey.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #88
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Welcome Princess!

You mention "the girl who". Do you feel like she was a different person?

When I look back, I don't see myself as the same person I was before...I don't even know her somehow. Does that make sense?

I am searching for her and all the her's I have been and trying to put us together somehow...to feel inside that we are the same person. Is this what you are saying?

I hope all of us have a healing day and do good things for ourselves as a reward for making it this far!

I am at work and listening to music from movies I love. Right now its Third Man and I have Jasmine Vanilla candles burning. A reward for taking care of business, even though I want to be in my closet hitting my head on the wall.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:05 AM   #89
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Has anyone had success with "energy tapping,"?
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #90
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
I am undergoing Brain Spotting, which is similar. It seems to he helping. Will keep you all posted.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:02 PM   #91
Princess4u

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:

Princess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST ReputationPrincess4u Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
What is this, i havent heard of it Liam.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:15 PM   #92
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess4u View Post
What is this, i havent heard of it Liam.
I have only browsed through the book, at this point. Looks like its about tapping on points of your body, and purports to offer an instant way out of negative emotions.

Energy Tapping, Fred P. Gallo, PH.D., Harry Vincenzi, ED.D; 2008; New Harbringer Publications, Inc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2010, 01:57 AM   #93
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
No, I have not heard of it. But along those lines is Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy to reach trauma.

http://www.emdr.com/briefdes.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2010, 12:07 PM   #94
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

I must say that Energy Tapping's claims to rapidly eliminate anxiety, depression, etc. seem to be valid. I just did my first treatment, and it is amazing. I encourage everyone dealing with PTSD to check their local library for this book. I will be purchasing it. Something so simple and portable, that does not require anyone else's participation—its phenomenal; I am so glad that I found this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #95
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
I must say that Energy Tapping's claims to rapidly eliminate anxiety, depression, etc. seem to be valid. I just did my first treatment, and it is amazing. I encourage everyone dealing with PTSD to check their local library for this book. I will be purchasing it. Something so simple and portable, that does not require anyone else's participation—its phenomenal; I am so glad that I found this.
I'm glad this is working for you, Liam.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #96
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

I have had many things come "up and out" since my post on Thursday. This past week, I have come through the roughest part of my trauma. I have been through this purging process, so to speak, for more than a year, and I am finally reaching core memories and emotions. They are still coming up as I write this tonight, but I have a much better handle on them. As such, I'm overcoming a lot of fear in remembering and associating with the event. This has been in my system and subconscious for 17 years. It claimed everything in my life. I hope very soon now that I'll walk free—and maybe in the coming year, I'll be as unaffected as having this be nothing more than a figment of my imagination.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:59 PM   #97
Princess4u

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:

When, if ever do trigger words stop triggering? Has anyone ever reached this point, I would be curious to know. Thank you!
Old 02-21-2010, 06:07 PM   #98
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Thinking out loud here...

For me, I have learned new coping skills to help with my trigger words. Everyone has different ways of coping and learning. Also, when people say time is a healer...for me, I have to disagree with that now. I have recently learned that some wounds will scar deeply, and some wounds really will never heal. They will be just as they are. Bruised, bloody, infected, and painful just as they were yesterday, today, and will be tomorrow.

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #99
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

Just for today Ive decided Im not broken. I dont need to be fixed. Im not disregarding anybodys space. hell. I might be there in that broken feeling, wanting fixing, tomorrow. But for today, I am ok with all of it. All that happened. all that made me who I am at this very moment. Its nice. Its a light feeling.

PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #100
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

The brain spotting which seems to be similar ot the emdr seems to be helping, but it does bring up all sorts of things I have to be ready to deal with.

I don't seem as strung out and think I am a bit more centered. Will keep you all posted.

Jet, glad things seem to be getting a bit better for you!

Princess, thank you! What a powerful affirmation...just for today. Like Reiki.

Andrew, you all of us, I hope all those scars can at least become infection free

Liam, thank you for posting, I will read up.

May we all have a peaceful, healthy week!