Old 08-13-2018, 06:22 PM   #361
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 23,047 Times in 10,083 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Closet 3325 N Broadway St Chicago

I noticed reviewers on Yelp still posted comments about how unfriendly and dirty this bar was! Back in 2005 I found the same to be true as well but...
maybe I lucked out the night I went in because it was clean and the bartender was very friendly. Can't ask for more than that IMHO...
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:22 AM   #362
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

If you're going to be in Chicago and need a sugar fix stop by any of the Fanny May stores. I believe this one is in the Water Tower Place but there are several other locals as well.

It isn't See's but it pretty dam close IMHO....
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2018, 07:29 PM   #363
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

If you're going to be visiting Chicago before summer ends don't miss.........

L'Appetito 30 E Huron St, Chicago, IL (this is on the ground level of the John Handcock Center) Bakery, sandwiches, salads & it's ALL delicious! My favorite was the chocolate chip muffin......
Old 08-26-2018, 06:28 AM   #364
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

I had never been to this ( a huge flea market) until yesterday when my nephew and his family dragged me there! Of course I didn't buy anything but it was a great people watching venue!
Old 08-26-2018, 10:25 PM   #365
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

If you enjoy beer along with some delicious morsels and are going to be in Chicago check out Kaiser Tiger at 1415 W Randolph St, Chicago.

Everything I tried was fantastic!

There are several healthy options too. I did not partake but my nephew enjoyed some of the vast selections of beers they offer...........

Plenty of outside seating for those who enjoy that sort of thing...
Old 08-26-2018, 10:30 PM   #366
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

I had never been to this ( a huge flea market) until yesterday when my nephew and his family dragged me there! Of course I didn't buy anything but it was a great people watching venue!
If you're visiting Chicago in Sept check this out......
Next event is September 29 - 30, 2018 10am-5pm 1341 W Randolf St, Chicago
Old 09-01-2018, 09:04 AM   #367
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

If you're a movie buff and are going to be in Chicago during these dates check out the

Gay film festival
September 20 - 30, 2018
Various Chicago locations
Reeling is Chicago’s LGBTQ International Film Festival.

http://reelingfilmfestival.org/2018/
Old 09-15-2018, 08:15 AM   #368
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

602 19th Ave E, Seattle

There was a good review of this in the Seattle Times so our last trip over to the city we tried it out and it was DELICIOUS.........

If you go, don't forget to walk down the block and try Hello Robin cookies!
Old 09-22-2018, 05:27 AM   #369
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Last night they showed this on Triple D (Diners Drive-Ins & Dives) and it just so happens I'm planning on being in Chicago Thanksgiving Day weekend (or perhaps even sooner) so I'll be checking it out personally for myself!

Bella Luna Cafe 731 N Dearborn St