Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, another reason why Trump's election as president was a disaster for us.

I got an urgent email from the ACLU:

Justice Anthony M. Kennedy just announced his retirement, leaving a Supreme Court vacancy at a critical moment in our country's history. Whomever President Trump appoints to replace him will impact our civil rights and civil liberties for generations to come.

In the next few years, the Court may decide on everything from access to the ballot box to the future of Roe v. Wade.

So while we're focused on continuing to fight in the courts, we need to show up in the streets and to the polls. Elections are more important than ever, and if today doesn’t prove that fact to you, I don't know what will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
I am cross-posting because this is absolutely horrendous news:

America after Anthony Kennedy

What Kennedy’s departure will mean for abortion, gay rights, and more.

Anthony Kennedy, the longest-serving member of the Supreme Court, is retiring.

Kennedy has, since at least 2005, been the swing vote on many of the Court’s most ideologically charged decisions, responsible for 5-4 rulings that legalized same-sex marriage, preserved Roe v. Wade, upheld warrantless wiretapping, blew up campaign finance restrictions, overturned DC’s handgun ban, and weakened the Voting Rights Act. That position has made him one of the most powerful people in America for well over a decade now, not even counting the 18 years he shared his position as the Court’s swing voter with Sandra Day O’Connor.

But Kennedy, who turns 82 this July, is already the 14th longest-serving justice (out of 113) in the Court’s history. President Donald Trump reportedly nominated Neil Gorsuch, a former Kennedy clerk, to the Court in part to reassure Kennedy that he could trust Trump with picking his replacement. It’s not surprising he decided it was ultimately time to go.

rest of article:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-supreme-court

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 05:56 PM   #3702
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

From what I understand McConnell plans to vote in the fall - before the midterms. They only need 51 votes to confirm a Supreme Court justice and if McCain is unable to vote due to illness they have Pence. So someone like Susan Collins or Jeff Flake would have to vote against - which I personally find unlikely.

So, I'm not sure the Dems are going to be able to hold this off until after the midterms but they should do everything they can to do so.

From a long term perspective, this is definitely the worst thing that has happened in the Chump presidency. I know Kennedy is a conservative but why he would retire to give someone like this horrible dictator-like man the power to set the course of the Supreme Court for decades to come is unreal to me.

And his retirement timing looks suspicious to me - just enough time to try to ram through a confirmation right before the mid terms. I am so ill.

Dems didn't fight hard enough the last time. And McConnell said this in an interview in April:

"The decision I made not to fill the Supreme Court vacancy when Justice Scalia died was the most consequential decision I've made in my entire public career."

Indeed asshole.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 06:02 PM   #3703
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Scared the heck out of me earlier today when I heard Kennedy is retiring. Wish he was a few years younger and could stay another couple three years but 82 years old, goodness, he needs a break. He is retiring because he is old and tired though the timing is horrible!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 06:06 PM   #3704
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

He could have retired while Obama was still president or waited until after the midterms but instead he does this. Seriously, how could he with an unhinged man in the White House.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
Scared the heck out of me earlier today when I heard Kennedy is retiring. Wish he was a few years younger and could stay another couple three years but 82 years old, goodness, he needs a break. He is retiring because he is old and tired though the timing is horrible!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 06:14 PM   #3705
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
Ruth Bader Ginsbirg is 85. She has fought colon and pancreatic cancer. I really thought she would pass or retire first. I didn't even consider anyone else retiring.

Election night 2016, I was most worried about federal judgeships and the Supreme Court.

I knew Trump would court big business and the top 1% of the rich but he has surpassed my worst fears in all possible ways.

I wish that I had been worried for nothing.

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

Old 06-27-2018, 06:31 PM   #3706
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation

I was listening to NPR today and someone was interviewing Alan Dershowitz, who may be a candidate for Kennedy’s seat, and Dershowitz said Ruth Ginsburg might retire because she would be outnumbered and outgunned (my words) with any Trump-appointed justice. Dershowitz is such an ass (I used to think highly of him, what on earth was I thinking?) and this isn’t the first time he’s daydreamed about RBG’s retirement.

Fortunately, I think we’ll have to carry her out of the Supreme Court on a stretcher as long as Trump is in office.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 06:33 PM   #3707
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,781 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Now who around here, gay, lesbian, trans who voted for IQ 45 are tickled pink now?

The SCOTUS decision in 2016 legalizing same sex marriages will most definitely be litigated, again. All red states, reproductive choices for women will be drowned in a bathtub, unions will be completely defanged whereby the middle class will be the working poor. Workers will be at the servitude to "the man."

But, but, but.....let's be civil.

NOT
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 06:40 PM   #3708
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Spectre View Post
Now who around here, gay, lesbian, trans who voted for IQ 45 are tickled pink now?

The SCOTUS decision in 2016 legalizing same sex marriages will most definitely be litigated, again. All red states, reproductive choices for women will be drowned in a bathtub, unions will be completely defanged whereby the middle class will be the working poor. Workers will be at the servitude to "the man."

NOT
You are so right. People wouldn’t be uncivil (thank you DeNiro, Ms. Waters, and anyone else who raises hell against this president) if Democrats provided effective leadership against Trump.

We wouldn’t have the Supreme Court Blues had the Democrats fought the Republicans when Scalia died. Obama should have chosen a Justice—not Trump!

And, they’re gonna tell people to be civil.

Civil, my ass.

Last edited by Orema; 06-27-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 08:15 PM   #3709
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Yes *Anya* ... RMG is one tough cookie to have survived not one but BOTH those cancers. Unbelievably resilient!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 09:13 PM   #3710
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Default Oh, but remember? Hillary would have been SO much worse.

If only we could turn back time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Spectre View Post

NOT

~Washington Post

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2018, 09:41 AM   #3711
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default IMHO, a little public embarrassment...

Is just what's needed to make Mitch McConnell, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Kirstjen Nielsen & Stephen Miller, both champions of Trump's 'zero tolerance' border policy, and countless others to be held accountable for their actions and outright lies when they hurts others.

I have no intentions of being or acting civil to those who lie or try and hurt me!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2018, 11:28 AM   #3712
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Thailand boys rescued from cave

Good news. All 12 boys and their football coach have been rescued and found alive, after nine days stuck in a cave!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44688909
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2018, 09:46 AM   #3713
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

On July 4th Eve, Jeff Sessions Quietly Rescinds a Bunch of Protections for Minorities

by Colin Kalmbacher and Aaron Keller | 6:50 pm, July 3rd, 2018

On July 3, U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced that the DOJ was “rescinding 24 guidance documents that were unnecessary, outdated, inconsistent with existing law, or otherwise improper.”

Curiously enough, each point of guidance, document or tool rescinded by Sessions — in line with recommendations from Regulatory Reform Task Forces established by President Donald Trump — was initially drafted to offer basic legal and political understanding to various and distinct minority groups, broadly defined, throughout the United States.

Most of the rescissions involve so-called “guidance” documents which merely make the law accessible. Cutting up the guidance documents below does not — for now — repeal the underlying law. However, without these plain-English guidance documents and interpretations, it’ll make it harder for non-lawyers to understand what the law says (or how it protects them). These rescissions could result in less protection for minority groups. Some of the rescissions involve documents which have since been replaced by newer versions, e.g., for a new grant year.

These rescissions could result in less protection for minority groups. Some of the rescissions involve documents which have since been replaced by newer versions, e.g., for a new grant year.

Here’s a tidy summary for understanding what’s on Sessions’ mind as the nation prepares to celebrate her independence from the King of England.

Revocations 1-7 deal with the way children are treated when they are suspected or accused of breaking the law. The federal Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act, signed by President Ford, contains four “core” requirements. These guidance letters affect interpretations of the law.

One of the law’s core requirements is “removal.” It generally requires juveniles to not be housed with adult inmates (with limited exceptions). Another is “separation.” When juveniles are housed with adults under one of those limited exceptions, they must be separated from the sights and sounds of adult incarceration.

Another is “deinstitutionalization.” It seeks to provide alternatives to jail for youths who commit acts which, due to their age, are crimes. Adults would not be arrested for such acts. Examples are drinking, truancy, running away, and smoking.

Revocation 8 involves a federal program which pays back state and local governments for incarcerating undocumented criminal aliens who have committed more serious crimes.

Revocation 9 deals with research into whether schools disproportionately dole out punishments on the basis of race, national origin, native language, sex, or disability. It also deals with research into the role of school resource officers.

Revocations 10-11 deal with advice for home buyers and home owners. Revocation 10 involves people seeking a mortgage. Revocation 11 involves warnings against so-called “predatory” home equity loans. It warns people, especially those with poor credit and the elderly, to carefully review the terms of home improvement loans.

Revocation 12 takes aim at a George W. Bush era document prepared to alert all Americans about the unconstitutional nature of being discriminated against on the basis of their national origin. To be clear: this protection technically has nothing to do with immigration status whatsoever–in America, it’s illegal to discriminate against any American over issues arising from their national origin (or a family member’s national origin). But that’s a bitter pill for Sessions, et, al.

Revocations 13-14 deal with workers’ rights for various classes of immigrants to the United States.

Revocation 13 targets a document prepared to assist immigrants who encounter employment discrimination. Revocation 14 targets a guidance document whose name should alone should suffice to mention, “Refugees and Asylees Have the Right to Work.” It’s easy enough to see why Sessions and his apparatchiks have a problem here.

Revocations 15-17 target people who don’t understand English particularly well, but who may nevertheless occasionally find themselves in need of accessing the U.S. court system. As an explanatory point, in 2012, the Obama administration developed a tool “in response to requests for technical assistance from courts and others involved in planning and implementing measures to improve language assistance services in courts for limited English proficient (LEP) individuals.”

Revocations 18-24 are aimed at various recipients of affirmative action policies. The final revocation in this grouping makes Sessions’ decision here easy enough to understand. Revocation 24 expresses official disapproval of a Q&A sheet prepared to explain Supreme Court precedent on affirmative action. That sheet noted, “[This document] reiterates the continued support of the Departments of Education and Justice for the voluntary use of race and ethnicity to achieve diversity in education.”

https://lawandcrime.com/trump/on-jul...ce=mostpopular

~Washington Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2018, 10:27 AM   #3714
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Default The GOP is hard at work trying to make up for that 1 trillion $ deficit tax break they gave the rich

House Republicans Are Still Fixated On Making It Harder For Poor People To Eat

Julia Hudson-Richards June 5, 2018

House Republicans have kept busy on the sidelines these past several weeks while most of us trained our focus on the immigration crisis.

On June 19, the GOP proposed a plan to “balance” the country’s budget over nine years that would eviscerate Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid in order to pay for the more than $1 trillion Republican tax cut that most analysts say will benefit the wealthiest Americans.

Then, two days later, the House voted 213-211 to pass a sweeping farm bill that, if enacted, would institute huge changes to the nation’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) ― America’s primary food program that is more commonly referred to as food stamps.

The Senate has its own farm bill, approved on June 28, that is much more bipartisan in agreement and that doesn’t include those aforementioned significant changes to SNAP.

But to pass a version at some point this year, the two chambers are going to have to find some common ground amid an election season that sees all 435 members of the House and one-third of Senators up for re-election.

The House farm bill has been promoted as a way to help end people’s reliance on government assistance and pull themselves up out of poverty by closing “loopholes that create disincentives to work.” Supporters of the legislation imply that these loopholes amount to fraud, which could not be further from the truth.

The attack on SNAP is part of a larger attack on our social safety net that threatens a delicate balance in the United States.

In fact, the number of hours people have to work or train each week to qualify for benefits doesn’t change with the House’s proposed bill: Working-age adults would still have to prove 20 hours per week.

So what’s really changing?

According to the Food Research and Action Center, a food policy think tank, the devil is indeed in the details. Under the proposed bill, working-age adults will be defined as adults between the ages of 18 and 60 (instead of the current 50). This change would ignore the persistent problem of ageism in hiring practices that may well prejudice a job market against older workers and put millions of older Americans at serious risk for food insecurity.

The House bill also eliminates a so-called “loophole” that exempted college student parents from work requirements in the absence of adequate child care. This would effectively force such parents to choose between work or school, when the latter could result in a much higher-paying job down the road.

More egregiously, the work requirements in the proposed House bill would also apply to adults with children 6 years of age or older. This ignores the very real challenges parents face in finding adequate ― and affordable ― child care.

Much low-income work (indeed, many American jobs in general) no longer falls between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., and SNAP requires participants to take a job if it is offered. But what if that job means your kids are home alone at night because evening child care is too hard to find and pay for? And if a person can find a 9-5 job, what happens in the summer, when school’s out and kids need to be looked after?

The data is clear: SNAP works.
These are realities that many American families face. Just because a child has graduated kindergarten doesn’t mean she or he can stay at home alone – in some states, it’s flat-out illegal.

Other farm bill “loopholes” deal with income flexibility. For example, some states have recently been allowed to apply a family’s net income rather than gross income to their needs assessment, which allows those on the edge of food insecurity to receive or keep benefits even if their income “modestly” exceeds the standard 130 percent of federal poverty levels (In 2017, that meant a gross income of $31,980 for a family of four.)

Eliminating this “loophole” would mean that a family on the cusp may well have to choose between accepting a modest raise and losing benefits, or turning the raise down and keeping them. It would also kick families out of SNAP who are just above the threshold, adding them to a large number of Americans who are food insecure but whose incomes are too high for federal assistance.

How, exactly, does closing this “loophole” disincentivize work? How does it help pull people out of poverty? It doesn’t.

The House bill cuts just under $20 billion; however, rather than helping to incentivize work and lift people out of poverty, it will instead make it more difficult for American workers to make ends meet. It will also make it more difficult for them to work.

Hungry workers are not productive workers, and hungry kids have a hard time keeping up with their peers.

... a family on the cusp may well have to choose between accepting a modest raise and losing benefits, or turning the raise down and keeping them. SNAP, on the other hand, does help keep people out of poverty.

According to a study conducted by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, SNAP kept 10.3 million people, including almost 5 million children, out of poverty in 2012. It kept another 5.1 million people out of “deep poverty” ― below half of the federal poverty line. In 2015, according to a study by the Urban Institute, SNAP removed 8.3 million people from poverty.

The data is clear: SNAP works.

Nearly 40 percent of the more than 142 million jobs in the United States pay a median wage of less than $15 an hour, and many of those pay less than $12 an hour. These workers pick, transport, sell, prepare and serve our food. They care for our children and our grandparents. They do our hair and change our oil.

The attack on SNAP is part of a larger attack on our social safety net that threatens a delicate balance in the U.S. We rely heavily, every day, on low-wage labor, and corporations rely on the government to supplement the incomes of their workers so they can hand out billions to shareholders.

Cutting SNAP and Medicaid, in particular, is a risk that threatens the well-being of millions of American families.

Shredding the social safety net won’t reduce poverty in the U.S. ― it will deepen it. If we lack the political will to have a real conversation about wage stagnation for American workers, then keeping the social safety net in place will protect our most vulnerable citizens.

Food is a basic necessity. Do we really want to say that people are too poor to deserve it? That’s what the House’s proposed farm bill would do.

Julia Hudson-Richards is a food activist and historian who studies the environment, food, and the people who produce it. Her work has appeared in the Journal of Women’s History and the Bulletin for Spanish and Portuguese Historical Studies.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b07b827cbb8005

~Washington Post

Old 07-06-2018, 03:37 AM   #3715
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy Delay in getting the boys out

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
Good news. All 12 boys and their football coach have been rescued and found alive, after nine days stuck in a cave!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44688909
Oh my, well yes the boys had been found, but getting them out is proving to be quite difficult; one 38 year old Thai (experienced ex-Thai Navy seal) (who had volunteered) died while coming out after delivering supplies to the boys - from a lack of oxygen. God, this is dangerous!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2018, 05:43 AM   #3716
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I believe they said it was 6 HOURS between where the team is and safety. Very dangerous, indeed.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2018, 07:14 AM   #3717
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

Smile The Rescue is under way :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I believe they said it was 6 HOURS between where the team is and safety. Very dangerous, indeed.
So, 4 of the trapped ones have been brought out so far, and are proceeding or already ambulanced to hospital. Phew, and it seems that the monsoon has begun, heavy rain falling.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2018, 07:22 AM   #3718
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

Smile The best of good news

All 12 boys & coach have been rescued from cave and are safely out; apparently, they have been asking for chocolate and their favourite foods (grinz). It is so good to wake up & turn on tv and hear such "good news". Full credit to those 18 expert divers. What a story!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2018, 06:30 PM   #3719
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Obama endorses 81 candidates in 13 states for November vote..

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former President Barack Obama is making good on his promise to use his political cache in the 2018 midterm elections. He's endorsing 81 Democrats up and down the ballot in 13 states around the country, with an emphasis on younger, diverse candidates.

In a statement, Obama says he's publicly supporting candidates for governor and the U.S. Senate but also for state legislatures. They include better-known names as well as rising figures.

For more info you can check his twitter feed I believe........
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2018, 03:40 PM   #3720
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Unlike Trump, first lady has kind words for LeBron James!

www.apnews.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:

Tags
breaking news, news