Old 08-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #261
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

I'm reading Glamour.

(c'mon it's the September issue - it's huge!)
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turasultana For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2010, 07:08 AM   #262
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Orpheus & Eurydice by Gregory Or

(clip)

When Eurydice saw him
huddled in a thick cloak,
she should have known
he was alive,
the way he shivered
beneath its useless folds.

But what she saw
was the usual: a stranger
confused in a new world.
And when she touched him
on the shoulder,
it was nothing
personal, a kindness
he misunderstood.
To guide someone
through the halls of hell
is not the same as love.

(/clip)
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:53 AM   #263
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,863 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I bought a Kindle a few months ago and have been getting back into reading. I had slacked off on my reading the past few years, primarily because my eyes have been getting weaker when it comes to seeing things up close. I HATE having to scramble for reading glasses, so when I found out about Kindle and the fact that I could enlarge the print and see more easily, well, I bought one and have been reading a lot these days!!

My mother recommended a book that's been on the international Best Seller's list in Europe. It's called "Hanna's Daughters" and is written by Marianne Fredricksson. Generally, it's about the volatile ties that bind the relationship between mothers and daughters. I'm just getting into it, but so far, it's a real page-turner and I don't want to put it down!!

~Theo~
Old 08-19-2010, 05:37 AM   #264
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Matrix-Energetics-Science-Art-Transformation

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Matrix-Energetics-Science-Art-Transformation/dp/1582702381/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1"]Amazon.com: Matrix Energetics: The Science and Art of…[/ame]

Really interesting and amazing work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2010, 06:29 AM   #265
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult and These Children Who Come at You With Knives by Jim Knipfel

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2010, 07:14 AM   #266
afixer

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
ma'am
Relationship Status:
adrift in my head

Thanked 1,513 Times in 661 Posts
afixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Let-Great-World-Spin-Novel/dp/1400063736"] Let the Great World Spin[/ame]
afixer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afixer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2010, 08:51 AM   #267
JinxdGirl

How Do You Identify?:
Tomyboy Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
The girl ones, please!
Relationship Status:
Single

JinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST Reputation
Default currently reading ..

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Greyhound-Steffan-Piper/dp/0982555091"]Greyhound by Steffan Piper[/ame]

As someone that has spent many a long day on the furthest back seat of a Greyhound traveling to the far reaches of my wandering heart (and logging thousands of miles in the process) the book is a glimpse of life on the bus and the life of a loner and the life of a hurting child seeking home.
JinxdGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JinxdGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #268
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by afixer View Post
This looks like a good book. I'm putting on my list.

I just order a kindle but it doesnt ship until first part on Sept. Meanwhile been using Kindle for the PC which is ok just not the same as holding a 6 inch thin device. I love ebooks because for a long time I stopped reading as much because my eyes would get tired no matter what reading glasses I wore. With Kindle and most ebook readers you can increase the font really large.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2010, 11:23 PM   #269
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

i am reading a great moroccan cookbook. looking for a little inspiration.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2010, 03:46 AM   #270
sweet-sinner

How Do You Identify?:
Diva Femme who loves being pampered and cuddled ;)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Majesty is alright with me ;)
Relationship Status:
Engaged

sweet-sinner has much to be proud ofsweet-sinner has much to be proud ofsweet-sinner has much to be proud ofsweet-sinner has much to be proud ofsweet-sinner has much to be proud ofsweet-sinner has much to be proud ofsweet-sinner has much to be proud ofsweet-sinner has much to be proud of

At present I'm reading John Symonds' "The Beast 666", about Aleister Crowley. It'll took me quite some time to finish it, given 666 is almost the number of the pages too!
The Following User Says Thank You to sweet-sinner For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2010, 04:47 AM   #271
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Three

"The Anthropology of Turquoise" by Ellen Meloy, great read
if you enjoy the SouthWest, and the outdoors.

"brainstorm Harnessing the Power of Productive
Obesessions" by Eric and Ann Maisel, great tool
for creativity

"The Truth Will Set You Free" by Alice Miller,
about effects of physical abuse on children-adults,
and she writes well

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2010, 06:46 AM   #272
torchiegirl

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 1,605 Times in 545 Posts
torchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputation

The Heretics Daughter - Kathleen Kent

The White Queen: A Novel - Philippa Gregory
torchiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to torchiegirl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2010, 07:01 AM   #273
afixer

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
ma'am
Relationship Status:
adrift in my head

afixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputationafixer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by greco View Post

"The Truth Will Set You Free" by Alice Miller,
about effects of physical abuse on children-adults,
and she writes well

I've read this book and considering the material it was a good read that offered much insight.
The Following User Says Thank You to afixer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2010, 07:08 AM   #274
afixer

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
ma'am
Relationship Status:
adrift in my head

Quote:
Originally Posted by afixer View Post

I liked this book a lot.
I believe we are all connected somehow in this life and this book does a great job exploring that connectivity.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afixer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2010, 11:52 AM   #275
JinxdGirl

How Do You Identify?:
Tomyboy Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
The girl ones, please!
Relationship Status:
Single

JinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Girls-Novel-Lori-Lansens/dp/0316066346/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1282672253&sr=1-1"]The Girls[/ame]

About craniopagus twins.
JinxdGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JinxdGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #276
rockybcn

How Do You Identify?:
a well blended yin yang butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'll take "sweetheart" for 500 Alex!
Relationship Status:
to be...or not to be...that is the question!

rockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputation

The Memory Keepers Daughter......Kim Edwards
Old 08-24-2010, 09:11 PM   #277
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Chuck Klosterman IV

A Decade of Curious People & Dangerous Ideas

Author of:

Killing Yourself to Live
&
Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Chuck-Klosterman-IV-Curious-Dangerous/dp/0743284887#reader_0743284887[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Chuck-Klosterman-IV-Curious-Dangerous/dp/0743284887#reader_0743284887"]"]Amazon.com: Chuck Klosterman IV: A Decade of Curious People and Dangerous Ideas (9780743284882): Chuck Klosterman: Books[/ame]
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2010, 09:47 PM   #278
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I was tired of surfin, tired of the tube so I got some bubblegum for my
brain because that's about all it can handle right now from too much work.

Stephen King, Under The Dome

its graphic, almost too graphic.
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2010, 05:49 AM   #279
BBinNYC

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fine with he or she. Just don't call me late for dinner.
Relationship Status:
married to the best femme in the world

Tournaments Won: 2

BBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished Arthur Laurents: A Memoir of Broadway and Hollywood

This made my inner gay boy happy!

A bit long. He could have used a more rigorous editor but the highlights include:
the inside stories of Gypsy, The Way We Were and West Side Story (3 of my favorites)
an account of what it was like to be a gay man working in Hollywood and Broadway in the 40s and 50s
an account of the Hollywood blacklist and the Red Scare from the perspective of someone who did not inform.

BB
BBinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BBinNYC For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2010, 12:20 PM   #280
BBinNYC

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fine with he or she. Just don't call me late for dinner.
Relationship Status:
married to the best femme in the world

Tournaments Won: 2

BBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up A Trace of Smoke

A Trace of Smoke by Rebecca Cantrell

A mystery for non-mystery lovers like me. The story takes place in 1931 Berlin and focuses on Hannah Vogel, a newspaper reporter who finds out that her gay brother has been murdered. As she sets out to find the culprit she is plunged into pre-Nazi Germany, including the infamous SA brown shirts.

A really good book especially for those who have an interest in late Weimar Germany and pre-Nazi era gay life.

BB
BBinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BBinNYC For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading