Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #361
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default the Hammer......you can't stop that!

Joel Hanrahan, the Pirates ace closer, gets the nod to represent us in Phoenix. Hammer has 36 straight saves!

I still think Andrew McCutchen was overlooked. Congratulations Joel!

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #362
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Oh, goodie- more baseball fans are joining in the convo!! Figured as we get to the A;; Star break and close to play-off time, more would join in.

I really like hearing about other people's teams and about players i don't know much about.

UGH- San Diego is up 2-0 vs. SF in the first today!! And the Tigers did come back and won against SF yesterday.

Voglesong made the All Stars!! I am happy!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #363
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Houston is here. We are very close to being in first place. UNBELIEVABLE. The ballpark was sold out again.

I'm suffering terribly from this extremely high humidty, to the point I wanted to leave in the second inning, and that never happens. Glad I stayed. We had 16 hits! (only five runs)

OMG we had 5 errors in one inning, they only marked us for three, but it was 5. Home team gets the benefit of the doubt. It was so sad, our short stop was crawling on his hands and knees to retrieve a ball he initially muffed up, then the third baseman who was backing up the play, muffed it twice (once trying to catch it, and dropped it when trying to throw it) so short stop went crawling over to it, but the left feilder came all the way in and grabbed it, and made a laser throw to first and OVERBAY dropped it.

Houstons catcher had a rough game and I'll be shocked if he is not concussed. He did a fantastic job of protecting the plate when thirdbase minorleague call up Harrison tried to score, Harrison broke his nose on the play. Carlos Corporan, the catcher...took three foul balls off his face mask and was very shaken. In the 8th innng, the pirates attempted a steal and Corporan was still seeing stars I guess, he threw the ball, as if he was supposed to, to short stop.....They came out and checked on him and he stayed in the game.

Yes Atlast, I saw where Jim Leyland had his team prepard to beat you guys. I read the recap and giggled, I could just see jim hiding in the corner of the dug out getting a cigarette in without getting caught because he was so nervous!

I also saw Ryan Vogelsong got the nod for all stars. We still love him here.

Anyone see the game today? It was the Root sports selection of the day.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #364
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Houston is here. We are very close to being in first place. UNBELIEVABLE. The ballpark was sold out again.

I'm suffering terribly from this extremely high humidty, to the point I wanted to leave in the second inning, and that never happens. Glad I stayed. We had 16 hits! (only five runs)

OMG we had 5 errors in one inning, they only marked us for three, but it was 5. Home team gets the benefit of the doubt. It was so sad, our short stop was crawling on his hands and knees to retrieve a ball he initially muffed up, then the third baseman who was backing up the play, muffed it twice (once trying to catch it, and dropped it when trying to throw it) so short stop went crawling over to it, but the left feilder came all the way in and grabbed it, and made a laser throw to first and OVERBAY dropped it.

Houstons catcher had a rough game and I'll be shocked if he is not concussed. He did a fantastic job of protecting the plate when thirdbase minorleague call up Harrison tried to score, Harrison broke his nose on the play. Carlos Corporan, the catcher...took three foul balls off his face mask and was very shaken. In the 8th innng, the pirates attempted a steal and Corporan was still seeing stars I guess, he threw the ball, as if he was supposed to, to short stop.....They came out and checked on him and he stayed in the game.

Yes Atlast, I saw where Jim Leyland had his team prepard to beat you guys. I read the recap and giggled, I could just see jim hiding in the corner of the dug out getting a cigarette in without getting caught because he was so nervous!

I also saw Ryan Vogelsong got the nod for all stars. We still love him here.

Anyone see the game today? It was the Root sports selection of the day.
I wish I could have gone to a game today- BUT SF just lost a nail-biter to SD!! ARG!!!
One of those games that I hate to see my guys lose, but a damn good ballgame!

Yes, Vogie is in! Plus, Lincecum, Wilson and Cain. Looks like the National league team is top heavy with SF pitchers. Damn, I just know that Posey and Freddie Sanchez might very well have made it on. Sanchez might be back to play in late August- he's recovering well. Posey has his cast off and says he is out of pain entirely. I think he has a long way back and he may not ever be the player he was. That was a very bad injury. But, we shall see- it's the majors and injuries can be heartbreaking.

Yes, the Pirates seem to be doing well! Hey, ya' nevah' know! They could go far! believe me, many people didn't think SF would have even be in the WS last season, let alone, take it.
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #365
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I was going over posts today for the All star game. Some of my favorite pitchers are in there... Lincecum, Cain, Lee, Halladay... did Wilson make it??, oh wait yes he did, as a reliever. Victorino may make it. I hope so, he is a dedicated player. If I read correctly Josh Hamilton is playing... and many others. It is great not to have a favorite team... I get to cheer for everyone. Jose Bautista...go Blue Jays!!! I am glad Y. Molina made back catcher, I like him. I like the Modina's, I bet their mama is like super duper proud of her boys.

Anyway...wanders away to see who else is on the rosters.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #366
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
I was going over posts today for the All star game. Some of my favorite pitchers are in there... Lincecum, Cain, Lee, Halladay... did Wilson make it??, oh wait yes he did, as a reliever. Victorino may make it. I hope so, he is a dedicated player. If I read correctly Josh Hamilton is playing... and many others. It is great not to have a favorite team... I get to cheer for everyone. Jose Bautista...go Blue Jays!!! I am glad Y. Molina made back catcher, I like him. I like the Modina's, I bet their mama is like super duper proud of her boys.

Anyway...wanders away to see who else is on the rosters.

I know, I am jazzed with the pitching roster on the NL team. Oh yes, Lolina is one hell of a catcher! Yup, Mama Modina has to be proud of her sons! And WOW with the Week's family players!! Jamile, the A's rookie is going to carry on the tradition in that family.

UGH- SF lost the last 2 to the Padres!! Weird, since SD is almost in the cellar- but they always do well against SF here at AT&T. Plus, both games have been really fun to watch as in both, SF caught up, then in the 9th have been so close! Rivalry in Northern v. Southern California National league aside from Dodgers & Giants!!

SF will always be my favorite team, but, I just like following players throughout both leagues because I just love baseball.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #367
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

My guys are rollin along but the Yanks are rollin along ahead of them still.

Lester sprained something last night. We do not need another pitcher out of the line up. With Dice K gone, Lackey lacking as usual, Bucholtz out with a back thing, the rotation is shrinking.

Looking forward to the guys getting a few days of rest and recuperation.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #368
sierragirrl

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
<3

Thanked 2,870 Times in 667 Posts
sierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

GO BoSox!
sierragirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sierragirrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 02:50 AM   #369
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Well, it took 14 innings, but SF beat San Diego tonight!! Hope they do the same tomorrow. Some game, again- these teams just really get going with each other and both have played some great ball.

Nate "the Great" Nate Schierholtz smacked a home (had 2 tonight) run to braek the 5-5 tie and the Giants had another walk-off win. SF didn't tie it until late (like in the past 2 games they ended up losing), but they won this one!

The Giants hitting ups and downs make me nuts! They are consistently inconsistent on offense! Hot, cold, hot cold..... ARGH!!! But Wilson had a good couple of innings and had his stuff. Good, no more dumb tantrums!

Buster Posey sat in for a couple of innings with our usual announcers and that was kewl- he is doing pretty good after his injury, but it is obvious it is driving him nuts not playing. He probably thinks about what it will really mean to his career and this was only his second season in the majors. He was doing so well and is very talented. But, he seems like a bright guy and level headed- so if his career ends due to this, I'm sure he will do fine doing something else and he is very young.

I am getting excited about the All Star game- now I will be able to watch some of the players you all bring up that have been selected in one game!! Way kewl!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:47 AM   #370
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Jury selection began yesterday for Roger Clemens perjury trial. Anyone have thoughts on this case?

Old 07-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #371
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I was able to watch the game on Tuesday between the Tigers and Angels. I was able to watch both Verlander and Haran pitch. Both are quite astounding. It was quite the game. Great defense, but outstanding pitching. It was one of those games that had me mesmerized by the technical skill of both men. Haren was a freaking machine!! I could tell by the 8th that Verlander should have not gone back out, his arm was tired and probably quite sore. Then he got ejected. I don't get to watch the Tigers very often, and the Angels only somewhat more often.

I am enjoying looking for the little stars on the backs of the jerseys. I saw some of the players from the Angels that I quite enjoy with little stars. Yeah!!!

You know I am pulling for Buster. I wonder, philosophically, what it is that makes a "star" fall? What is it in their life "trajectory" that creates such a short flame. Not that I want that for Buster, but we don't know what it will be like for him. Young or not, still it has to be one of the ultimate heartbreaks for athletes that train so hard and so long to get where they are and then *poof*. It makes this fox curious.

Muriel Strode
Old 07-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #372
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

When SF played the Tigers during the last inter-league series, I was totally amazed at the offensive stats! I so wanted to see Verlander pitch, but he wasn't in that rotation- they have great defense, too!

I need to research the Clemmens case- know very little about what is going really.

Yup, Posey has a long haul ahead. Who knows what will be for him. I hope we see him back out there- but maybe not as a catcher? Don't know.

Hope SF wins again tonight! And damn, when are those Red Sox going to get going? Thery are my fav AL team.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #373
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

I would be happy to see any of these wonderful teams live. I had no idea until the game that Verlander leads for taking runners out at first...<scratching head> cannot for the life of me remember what it is called. We used to call it picking when I played, but heck that was bush league praire ball.

Muriel Strode
Old 07-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #374
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums
Default Link to baseball slang and lingo-

http://baseballtips.com/knowledge/baseball-slang.html

This is great!
Old 07-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #375
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

Those are great. The Mendoza line made me giggle. And we have all seen some fantastic and astounding Circus Catches... even some that make me think...now how in the dickens did he not break his wrist. I found Golden Sombrero to be particularly amusing.

Thanks AHL that was a fun read

Muriel Strode
Old 07-08-2011, 07:24 AM   #376
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

They are having a bit of a problem finding a jury pool of 36 for the Clemens trial. After 2 days, only 18 have been selected as potential jurors.

The rest have been dismissed for having the guts to say either that Congress should have better things to do besides investigating steroids in baseball or everyone lies to Congress...even Congress lies to Congress.

I am still waiting for the person who says, we have a record deficit and a looming credit crisis and we are wasting money on this?

The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #377
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

They are having a bit of a problem finding a jury pool of 36 for the Clemens trial. After 2 days, only 18 have been selected as potential jurors.

The rest have been dismissed for having the guts to say either that Congress should have better things to do besides investigating steroids in baseball or everyone lies to Congress...even Congress lies to Congress.

I am still waiting for the person who says, we have a record deficit and a looming credit crisis and we are wasting money on this?

I agree! WTH?
Old 07-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #378
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Why isn't this considered double jeopardy? Please don't provide an answer. I don't want to know.

Is Clemens going to be the new face for steroids?

I still want to know if they have tested Bautista?

After doing virtually nothing to Barry-roid- Bonds and allowing Mark Mcguire to Coach in major league baseball, this is real old.

I will go on record to say, I feel strongly about accusations of doping in any sport. I'm pretty ticked about Lance Armstrong and have let that take away some of my enjoyment of TDF.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #379
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Tonight it's the Mets v. SF in SF!! SF took 2 out of 4 against SD yesterday.... hope we do well against the Mets. Yikes, a couple of my NY relatives that are Mets fans want to smack me!!

I'm going to try to get to a game during the next home series- I wish I had baseball friends here that would go with me. LOL, have to say that most of my close friends don't live near or id they do, they are not into sports. Hummm.... is it wrong to wish for a future gf that likes baseball? LOL, I probably should just hope for a future gf..... Even women's pro basketball would be great. Even football- well as long as she likes the Steelers. But, I really love baseball.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #380
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Tonight it's the Mets v. SF in SF!! SF took 2 out of 4 against SD yesterday.... hope we do well against the Mets. Yikes, a couple of my NY relatives that are Mets fans want to smack me!!

I'm going to try to get to a game during the next home series- I wish I had baseball friends here that would go with me. LOL, have to say that most of my close friends don't live near or id they do, they are not into sports. Hummm.... is it wrong to wish for a future gf that likes baseball? LOL, I probably should just hope for a future gf..... Even women's pro basketball would be great. Even football- well as long as she likes the Steelers. But, I really love baseball.
My honey told me I could go to a game with you when the Pirates are in California...Aug 8, 9, or 10....the Pirates would love hear my big mouth way out there.......LOL thats what she said!

If I could make airfare work for the daytime game on Wednesday....(and I am still looking into that, the red eye) I'd only burn one PTO from work.

And to answer your question, no it isn't wrong to look for that quality. It was a non-negotiable with me. If you don't like baseball, I go without you, and you don't bitch, because baseball is what I do. I also like womans basketball, we don't even get that on TV here, I have to settle for college. I don't like men's basketball. I'm not a fan of football, but I never interfere with her watching or going.

But we have talked about this before. I am very active, and it's hard for me to expect anyone to keep up with me. Here is a hint how I know if they are a semi baseball fan. When I buy a scorecard, and start filling it out, and I don't get the protracted eye roll....it's not someone humoring me.

I see lots of femmes at the games, season ticket holders, you get to know one another........it's not just a guys sport. Don't settle!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post: