Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 10-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #2001
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
See, now this sounds pretty good!
MMMMMM the Romano sounds delish! I boil the fresh garlic in with the cauliflower while boiling it, it mashes right up !
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #2002
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,801 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pumpkin custard

Tastes just like pumpkin pie!

3 egg whites, 2/3 cup of sugar ( I add everything but egg whites and use Splenda to taste first), 1 teasp. Ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of ground Ginger, 1/4 teasp. Nutmeg, dash ground cloves (tip- if I am in a hurry, I use pumpkin pie spice instead- tastes the same & faster)!

1 can of 15 oz. Solid pack pumpkin ( not the pumpkin pie mix!)
1 teasp. Vanilla extract, one 12-oz. Can fat-free evaporated milk
In large bowl, mix all together.

Pour into ungreased custard cups and put cups into a 13x9 inch baking pan.
Carefully pour in about 1& 1/2 inches of water- don't splash into the custard!

Bake @ 325 degrees for 35-45 minutes (depends on your oven) OR until a knife or toothpick inserted in center of custard comes out clean.

Serve warm or cold. Can easily double recipe. One custard cup equals 125 calories, trace of fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 26 grams of carbs, 2 grams fiber, 5 grams of protein. Diabetic exchange: 1-1/2 starch.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2011, 07:17 AM   #2003
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
Question for the gormet cooks out there....

I've read somewhere that some people mash califlower as a substitute for mashed potatos. Lemme hear your thoughts and/or comments on this! **see, more holiday options**
Lots of alternatives

I'm not a fan of the cauliflower puree although perhaps I'm not seasoning enough.

I have done a combination of potato, onion and turnip, which is interesting...but the other great alternative is celery root (also called celeriac). Peel and boil until tender, just like potatoes.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:30 AM   #2004
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

As an alternative to mashed potatoes at holiday dinners - I do roasted sweet potato and parsnip. washed, peeled, cubed, parboiled for 5-7min., roasted with a little olive oil and seasoning in an oven at 375F for about 30-40minutes.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #2005
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Question for the gormet cooks out there....

I've read somewhere that some people mash califlower as a substitute for mashed potatos. Lemme hear your thoughts and/or comments on this! **see, more holiday options**
I've tried it and loved it - however, if you're expecting it to taste like potatoes you'll be disappointed - it's yummy though! I put a little 'I Can't Believe it's Not Butter', Mrs. Dash, and garlic in it... MMMmm!
SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #2006
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,801 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

**To clarify, I do not use the sugar the recipe calls for due to my Uh... sugar addiction. Before I put the egg whites in, I sprinkle Splenda into the mixture until sweet enough for me and then mix in the egg whites. It bakes, tastes fine without sugar**

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Tastes just like pumpkin pie!

3 egg whites, 2/3 cup of sugar ( I add everything but egg whites and use Splenda instead of the sugar), 1 teasp. Ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of ground Ginger, 1/4 teasp. Nutmeg, dash ground cloves (tip- if I am in a hurry, I use pumpkin pie spice instead- tastes the same & faster)!

1 can of 15 oz. Solid pack pumpkin ( not the pumpkin pie mix!)
1 teasp. Vanilla extract, one 12-oz. Can fat-free evaporated milk
In large bowl, mix all together.

Pour into ungreased custard cups and put cups into a 13x9 inch baking pan.
Carefully pour in about 1& 1/2 inches of water- don't splash into the custard!

Bake @ 325 degrees for 35-45 minutes (depends on your oven) OR until a knife or toothpick inserted in center of custard comes out clean.

Serve warm or cold. Can easily double recipe. One custard cup equals 125 calories, trace of fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 26 grams of carbs, 2 grams fiber, 5 grams of protein. Diabetic exchange: 1-1/2 starch.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2011, 08:48 AM   #2007
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Y'all rock! THANKS for the info about the califlower. I don't want to freak the parental units out too much with too much change, so I'll probably just make them a small side dish version of potatoes. I am going to be make most of my side dishes as fresh veggies... instead of the heavy casserole type dishes. Green bean casserole is a given though... but can switch to the fat free or healthy choice cream of mushroom and the green beans can be the kind with no salt added. Hey, every little modification helps. I still haven't decided between ham or turkey yet.

I am going to try out the califlower puree on me and D one night... and see if she snubs her nose at it. I'm thinking with enough seasoning (& a sprinkle of cheese), she'll try anything

Anya, thank you so much for the custard receipe! It look soooo good and I can't wait to try it out!

Well, I bit the bullet and got on the scale this morning. Yep, a 5 pound gain. I refuse to beat myself up about it... because pms is knocking at the door, so I know most of it is hormone/water related! Anyway, my focus is strong again and I'm hitting this head on! Watch out y'all
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #2008
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

I weighed this morning and have lost 2 lbs!!! Amazing!!(after all that beer I drank in LR) Guess my metabolism is kickin!!
Went back to the gym today, had a great workout. My arms are like sgetti.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #2009
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

i am so SO happy..
had my weigh in yesterday, and am now at 58 lbs lost total!
that's 2 friggin' lbs shy of 60, goodness!!! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

- my confidence is out of this world, i LOVE it...
- so many changes in me, especially within, let alone the obvious stuff..
- my growing strength though, is the best part of this journey..

i am so incredibly happy, and feel tremendous about doing this the healthy way with you all, it's a slow process, but knowing i am doing this and KEEPING it off, feels fabulous, eh!

and the energy level, goodness !!!
still have more to go, i'm not setting any weight goals, i get overwhelmed with weight goals.. i just set them in 10 lb increments... and will keep losing until i feel good about myself, that's my real goal in this, to feel my healthiest, happiest and look in a mirror and love the beautiful girl looking back at me and know i'm worthy!

You are all doing wonderfully, and loving all the tips & discussions..
i learn so so much through You all, and keep motivated through you all as well.. Cheers to all of us for doing this the right way, it may be slow going, but it's sooo worth it !♥

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #2010
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

WAY TO GO, SYLVIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

i am so SO happy..

i am so incredibly happy, and feel tremendous about doing this the healthy way with you all, it's a slow process, but knowing i am doing this and KEEPING it off, feels fabulous, eh!

still have more to go, i'm not setting any weight goals, i get overwhelmed with weight goals.. i just set them in 10 lb increments... and will keep losing until i feel good about myself, that's my real goal in this, to feel my healthiest, happiest and look in a mirror and love the beautiful girl looking back at me and know i'm worthy!

i learn so so much through You all, and keep motivated through you all as well.. Cheers to all of us for doing this the right way, it may be slow going, but it's sooo worth it !♥
Old 10-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #2011
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
WAY TO GO, SYLVIE!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you thank you so much Thinker!!

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #2012
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

i am so SO happy..

This is outstanding Sylvie! Now you have momentum on your side, there's no stopping you.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #2013
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Besides winning my pool game tonight(8ball) I managed to only eat one little bitty two bite individual peice milkey way candy from the bar...I picked up 4 but put 3 back.I told ya I was good.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2011, 05:36 AM   #2014
BBinNYC

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fine with he or she. Just don't call me late for dinner.
Relationship Status:
married to the best femme in the world

Tournaments Won: 2

BBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST Reputation
Default Coming Aboard

Well here I am.

I've been lurking here for a while reading about all of your successes and challenges and the great ways you are preparing food so that it's healthy.

A few years ago I cut out most carbs and lost over 20 lbs. I think I did this for a bit over a year. After that I gained the weight back, but it was the eating plan that I found the easiest to adapt to. Most of the things I really wanted to keep eating were ok and I could easily get rid of the things I had to avoid.

I decided while at the Reunion to do it again. For some reason the motivation came back. So Monday morning I went back to the no/low carb (about 40 gms of carbs a day). I weighed myself Monday morning and will weigh in once a week.

As I said, here I am.

BB
Old 10-21-2011, 06:17 AM   #2015
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBinNYC View Post
Well here I am.

I've been lurking here for a while reading about all of your successes and challenges and the great ways you are preparing food so that it's healthy.

A few years ago I cut out most carbs and lost over 20 lbs. I think I did this for a bit over a year. After that I gained the weight back, but it was the eating plan that I found the easiest to adapt to. Most of the things I really wanted to keep eating were ok and I could easily get rid of the things I had to avoid.

I decided while at the Reunion to do it again. For some reason the motivation came back. So Monday morning I went back to the no/low carb (about 40 gms of carbs a day). I weighed myself Monday morning and will weigh in once a week.

As I said, here I am.

BB
Hi there! I also find the no carbs works for me, I am on two weeks of cleansing so less than 20 carb grams and all from veggies.. a few from the spot of milk I put in my coffee.. I am into it almost two weeks and i Feel great! I don't feel bloated at all and I am never hungry, funny how carbs cause us to run out of gas and keep us hungry isn't it? I had major success with this years ago after a surgery and yes it's the easiest to me
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2011, 07:13 AM   #2016
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Congratulations Sylvie!!!!

Have a great day,

Zimmeh

Quote:

i am so SO happy..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2011, 07:14 AM   #2017
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I am still having cold cereal and coffee for breakfast with a sandwich for lunch and a healthy dinner. The food that was being served at the Reunion, was heavy in carbs and sugars, but damn it, those desserts rocked...

I am so excited for Sylvie and everyone who is loosing weight!!!

Have a great day,

Zimmeh
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2011, 07:17 AM   #2018
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

i am so SO happy..

WOOHOOO Sylvie... YOU GO GIRL!

58 pounds.... OMG, we are all so freakin' proud of you! And I am so happy to see YOU so proud of yourself! It takes a lot of hard work & dedication to keep going on this journey, and we applaud you!

I like your idea of only looking at 10 pound increments. It's totally overwhelming to say, "well, I need to lose 100 pounds". It's easier to self sabatoge yourself and give up!

Honey, you keep up the great work!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2011, 07:20 AM   #2019
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBinNYC View Post
Well here I am.

As I said, here I am.

BB
WELCOME BB! We are so glad to have you here! You've found a great place to swap receipes, focus on goals, workout tips & all around encouragement & support!

There were quite a few people at the Reunion that are on this journey, and their success so far has been motivation for many of us! I'm telling you, seeing everybody was another kick in the butt for me to keep going! We can do this!

GOOD LUCK my friend!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2011, 07:22 AM   #2020
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Yes we can and my goal is to lose another 15lbs by next year..I am thinking of going to pick up some Spanx to help my body reshape itself...

How are you doing today?

Zimmeh

Quote:
WELCOME BB! We are so glad to have you here! You've found a great place to swap receipes, focus on goals, workout tips & all around encouragement & support!

There were quite a few people at the Reunion that are on this journey, and their success so far has been motivation for many of us! I'm telling you, seeing everybody was another kick in the butt for me to keep going! We can do this!

GOOD LUCK my friend!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post: