Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-28-2019, 09:22 PM   #4281
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

30 minutes on my favorite stairmaster today, Monday, Pattern: 2 sets of Levels 7 down to 1, with an extra Level 1 at the very end (each level 2 minutes).

I saw Taylor on the gym floor talking to a guy and then on the elliptical directly across from my stair master but I don't think she saw me. Then we hung out for awhile in the locker room. She told me that she is in an "open, uncommitted" relationship with her 30-years-older billionaire whose house she manages as her full-time job. It all just seems ridiculous to me, like one gigantic eye-roll.

I had a hard time starting today, but it helps to just remind myself how short 30 minutes really is, like, there is no reason I can't do 30 minutes. I also kind of like how the stairmaster takes everything out of my control. I just have to stay on it and let the time go by, and it goes by fast, because it's so intense! I just have to survive it, and it helps to watch Judge Judy during it!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2019, 08:10 AM   #4282
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

It seems like she's trying to make her thing more than what it is. A fling is a fling, cupcake!

I'm so proud of you, J girl. You've been killing it!

I'll be slinging boxes and totes for a couple hours today and putting my last storage piece together and maybe doing some household chores.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2019, 04:27 PM   #4283
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

According to my watch, I walked 4 miles at work today. Then home, too snowy to go to the gym, 5k row on the rowing machine and a couple of plank holds.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2019, 05:57 PM   #4284
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default 2

I'm in for 2019 NYC Marathon! Running with Team for Kids for my wife
(who loved children, we both did and do), some friend's partners who have
passed, and for myself. Excited, a bit nervous, determined.

Today, 2mi hill workout...yes grueling...but I'm digging it. Seeing the
Finish line in my mind's eye during all these runs...next, easy 7mi tomorrow.

keep on keeping' on friends, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2019, 07:23 AM   #4285
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today is all about the home. I did great yesterday, putting things together and working on some organizational stuff. I've got the sheets and towels in the laundry now with at least one more load to go today plus the fun that is putting tight sheets back on, which is sometimes a workout all by itself.

Chores to do and I'm starting to get hungry so off to the races I go!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2019, 08:26 AM   #4286
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

So far, a whole heck of a lot of shoveling.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2019, 08:24 PM   #4287
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

30 minutes stairmaster (the one that's not my favorite and has one level less intensity in how it's set up), Levels 8 down to 1 twice (2 min each level). Felt good.

30 minutes weight floor. It's been ages since I've been on the weight floor, and it felt really good to be back.

I went a few hours before the superbowl, so it was pretty empty. Everyone was probably preparing for superbowl parties. But not me and Judith. Judith said she was going to watch it at the gym during a little gym gathering.

Someone took a gym toy that I was using without asking me if I was using it. I think it was just a mistake. I was torn whether to say something or go look for another of the same item. Ultimately I spoke up and successfully got my toy back. He went into the back area where all the gym supplies are kept and came out with two of the same toy, so... thankfully no tension there.

How do I... ?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2019, 10:42 PM   #4288
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today, Monday: 30 minutes on my favorite stairmaster (Levels 7 down to 1, two sets, each level x 2 minutes), 30 minutes weight lifting and floor exercises. Total=1 hour.

I saw Marilyn in the locker room today (don't like her, talks a lot but in an incessant way). She said she was going to a memoir writing class. I asked her if she was writing a memoir. She said that it's more like group therapy. Another place for her to talk. But cool.

I love the whole routine of coming from work and going to the gym. I like how I have to change into a different outfit. It's like entering a different world. It's like a story that I enjoy reading even though I've read it before, and perhaps because I've read it so many times before.

Oh my, I'm getting deep...

How do I... ?
Old 02-05-2019, 07:05 PM   #4289
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today was a 1.5 hour walk with friends form out of town (It was longer but I subtracted 45 minutes to account for stopping to look at things, taking photos etc.). We walked on the Highline, the above ground railroad park, from around 14th St. to 34th St., and then just on the street until 57th St. We started at 3:30 and ended at 5:45.

I had today off of work for the Lunar New Year, and it was a nice day, with weather in the 50's. We met at my brother and his husband's apartment and then went on our walk. I always like to take out-of-towners to the Highline, although today there was a lot of construction going on. Still, the art always changes, and it's a great walk.

How do I... ?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2019, 08:06 AM   #4290
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

I've been super busy and having trouble getting to the gym but have been holding plank throughout the day. 60 second holds a few times a day. Hopefully working my way up to longer times in the coming days. When you don't have time for a workout it's a good full body muscle challenge.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2019, 08:18 AM   #4291
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,110 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I did two hours of cleaning and heavy lifting today.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2019, 06:37 PM   #4292
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Today, I wore my new winter traction boots and went down to clear off all the snow on my car and double check my car for safety. I spent about an hour getting the snow off my car, then walked to the mail box to pick up my mail, then worked on weekend household chores in my apartment. It was a nice work out and I managed to not fall while working out in the snow.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2019, 10:48 PM   #4293
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today, Saturday, I did 35 minutes on the stairmaster, my favorite, levels 7 down to 1, 2 sets, 2 minutes each level, then for cooling down levels 6 down to 1 (one minute each).After the stairmaster I did the weight floor for 30 minutes. Total exercise today = 1 hour.

I did a Saturday night workout. The highly fashionable woman who wears all black was there, and before my workout she came over and gave me fancy chocolates, saying that she didn't want to eat them all. I don't eat chocolate but decided to take them anyway and give them to someone else. Also it seemed like she really wanted me to take them. You know how people get like that sometimes. Every interaction is a building block in a relationship, and I decided to roll with it. She's usually rather aloof. The last time (written about here), she was wearing a dress she'd made with buttons, and the perfect mother and I had complimented it. Maybe that opened the door a bit.

After my workout I ran into Judith really in the exact same way I ran into her on Superbowl Sunday night. She was sitting reading the New York Times in the locker room. She had finished a yoga class. She was looking at an ad for a condo in Florida. She said, "Only 1.1 million dollars. Maybe I'll retire there." Sigh. I went and got the chocolates and gave them to Judith, explaining that someone gave me chocolate but I don't eat chocolate so they were for her. She seemed very pleased... unless she passed them on to another gym member after I left. Just as I was about to leave, she asked, "Do you cook?" Very Judith. I said, "I just make simple things." I asked if she cooks. She said, "Never. I always order in." And that was it.

A great Saturday night at the gym! It felt rejuvenating!

How do I... ?
Old 02-10-2019, 02:09 AM   #4294
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

nycfem, you always meet the most interesting folk at your gym ... fun read for me.

Today I sat on a very low stool most of the time and used my chainsaw to cut a large stump lower than ground level. This one is in the front near the upper driveway, quite the eye sore and had to go. Plus I have been contemplating moving the last upper 50 feet of my driveway to swerve to the right. With the stump gone, I am free to press on should I decide to do it. Tomorrow I'll burn the stump out good with a bag of charcoal. When all the fire is gone, top it with a few pounds of epson salt, cover with an x-large contractor's bag (make it rot faster) ... smoothing all the dirt over it will be such a pleasure!! No joke, this one has been a bear ... I have a couple of small ones almost finished in the back ... then stump removal is on hold for a while.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2019, 01:39 PM   #4295
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Today, Saturday, I did 35 minutes on the stairmaster, my favorite, levels 7 down to 1, 2 sets, 2 minutes each level, then for cooling down levels 6 down to 1 (one minute each).After the stairmaster I did the weight floor for 30 minutes. Total exercise today = 1 hour.

I did a Saturday night workout. The highly fashionable woman who wears all black was there, and before my workout she came over and gave me fancy chocolates, saying that she didn't want to eat them all. I don't eat chocolate but decided to take them anyway and give them to someone else. Also it seemed like she really wanted me to take them. You know how people get like that sometimes. Every interaction is a building block in a relationship, and I decided to roll with it. She's usually rather aloof. The last time (written about here), she was wearing a dress she'd made with buttons, and the perfect mother and I had complimented it. Maybe that opened the door a bit.

After my workout I ran into Judith really in the exact same way I ran into her on Superbowl Sunday night. She was sitting reading the New York Times in the locker room. She had finished a yoga class. She was looking at an ad for a condo in Florida. She said, "Only 1.1 million dollars. Maybe I'll retire there." Sigh. I went and got the chocolates and gave them to Judith, explaining that someone gave me chocolate but I don't eat chocolate so they were for her. She seemed very pleased... unless she passed them on to another gym member after I left. Just as I was about to leave, she asked, "Do you cook?" Very Judith. I said, "I just make simple things." I asked if she cooks. She said, "Never. I always order in." And that was it.

A great Saturday night at the gym! It felt rejuvenating!
Wouldn't that be hilarious if Judith passed them on to so and so and then so and so passed them on to someone who then tried to passed them on The Highly Fashionable Woman Who Wears All Black....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2019, 09:26 PM   #4296
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I went on a walk with my brother which I will count as 30 minutes (It was longer but, ya know, stops / starts, looking around).

Then I went to the gym for an hour. The first 30 minutes were on my favorite stairmaster, Levels 7 down to 1, 2 sets, each level 2 minutes, last 2 minutes cool down at Level 1. The second 30 minutes were on the weight floor.

I came to the gym after having gone to brunch with my family and having gotten up early, so I had a headache and was tired. It was a really hard start and a hard workout... but I made it! I tried out two exercises I never do on the weight floor which made me feel really good, since I have a hard time trying new things. I did the ropes where you grab them and make them go up and down. And I did the Butcher where you push a big machine across the room. I loved them both! Very exciting to now be able to add them to my routine. Why does it take so long to try something new when it is there all along? And why on one day does one suddenly decide to take the plunge? Just thinking.

Good workout! Love how we all have such different exercise!

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2019, 04:08 PM   #4297
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Running

7mi this am...cloudy but fun. Interval, tempo runs alternating
and my long runs on Sat 12mi...thinking about my reasons for running
next post.

Found this woman inspiring, to say the least...

Breaking Stereotypes With an Ultramarathoner

Inspirational

keep on keepin' on friends, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2019, 04:26 PM   #4298
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Why?

Been thinking about why I run lately.

I run because I've always ran...away from danger...away from them and into
myself...for protection...for freedom...to breathe into the safety of Self-love.

I run because I ran with my wife and she personified beauty as we ran so
many roads and miles together.

I run because I had stopped running when my world stopped...and nothing
ensued but heaviness of my body and heart.

So, I run because it is how I can keep giving back.

I run because I love children and it is my way of fund raising for the kids running
programs in NYC schools...I run because then...we're running together again.

keepin' on, Greco

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2019, 06:06 PM   #4299
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today, Sunday, was 30 minutes stairmaster (Levels 7 down to 1, 2 sets, 2 minutes on each level, extra Level 1 at the end for cool down); 30 minutes on the weight floor.

I've not exercised since last Sunday! I still have not solved my problem with not sleeping on work nights, but I still want to solve it. Today felt good. I got my favorite stairmaster, the one that's the most intense.

In the locker room I ran into a woman named Ellen. She and I talked once before and I remember it as being quite pleasurable. I recall she peppered me with questions about my job and got really into listening. This time she was talking on and on, and it got a bit exhausting, but I didn't want to really be rude because I had fond memories of her.

Tomorrow through Saturday I am going with BB and my mom on a trip to Fort Lauderdale. Exercise to be determined. Sometimes I walk on the beach, sometimes I get a weekly pass at a local gym, and sometimes I do nothing. The hotel itself does not have a gym.

Wishing you all great exercise.

How do I... ?
Old 02-18-2019, 11:43 AM   #4300
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Last night I did extra PT. Although I do not go to PT anymore, my physical therapy trainer gave me handouts of all the things he had me doing. Anyway, it was a great workout. I slept with both legs on a bolster (firm wedge pillow, 12" high). It helped, I can tell a difference today. If it takes double PT everyday, not a problem. I'll do anything to lessen pain.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights