Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 06-09-2019, 03:15 AM   #641
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Handmaid's Tale, America's Got Talent, The Bachelorette (I know,I know), re-watching Criminal Minds. I need something new so I'm happy for GeorgiaMa'am's suggestion!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 09:24 AM   #642
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Can't remember which channel this was on... maybe HBO... If you like the adolescent sci-fi genre, then I recommend The Darkest Minds. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4073790/. It isn't an academy award winner, but I really enjoyed it.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 02:01 PM   #643
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I still can't do Handmaid's Tale. I hear it's not gotten anymore "positive" … so it'll likely just piss me off again! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
Handmaid's Tale, America's Got Talent, The Bachelorette (I know,I know), re-watching Criminal Minds. I need something new so I'm happy for GeorgiaMa'am's suggestion!
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2019, 07:24 PM   #644
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Euphoria (U.S. 2019 TV Series - HBO)

I watched the first half of the 1st episode (the Pilot), this TV series will cause many to react to triggers: drugs, sex, mental illnesses...

There is quite a lot of controversy regarding this show.

Actually, I got bored half-way thru the first episode, and stopped watching.

Spoiler alert:

The kid is numbering window panes in her mind and keeps getting interrupted by the control-freak mother, and so starts crying; so, the mom takes her to a shrink, and the shrink labels her with a zillion mental illnesses, and she is prescribed all sorts of meds!! It goes downhill from there.

Ya know, I didn't think she had that bad of a childhood apart from that one incident, so I had problems believing the story line (apparently, her sister was "normal" - whatever that means! - and the fact that there was no sexual abuse in childhood, no beating, no abandonment, so it was difficult to believe how her illness develops). A lot of passionless, mindless, mediocre teenagers with nothing better to do than think about sex, and drugs, and ... you get it! I wonder what teenagers watching this will or might identify with the characters...
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2019, 05:20 PM   #645
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I AM MOTHER … I can't offer too much of a critique without giving away the plot. The protagonist, played by Clara Rugaard makes it worth a viewing. I don't recall seeing her before this movie. She'll be one to watch in the future.

P.S. Am I the only one who gets Hillary Swank and Jennifer Garner mixed-up?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 10:23 AM   #646
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

"Am I the only one who gets Hillary Swank and Jennifer Garner mixed-up"?

Never had any trouble mixing those two up but back in the day I sure did with Alicia Silverstone & Reese Witherspoon...
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 12:42 PM   #647
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I still can't do Handmaid's Tale. I hear it's not gotten anymore "positive" … so it'll likely just piss me off again! lol
Yes - I love dark dramas but even the Handmaid’s Tale was a bit much for me. Just too much gloom and general weirdness.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 10:47 PM   #648
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
"Am I the only one who gets Hillary Swank and Jennifer Garner mixed-up"?

Never had any trouble mixing those two up but back in the day I sure did with Alicia Silverstone & Reese Witherspoon...
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 10:48 PM   #649
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Indeed. Major bummer show for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Yes - I love dark dramas but even the Handmaid’s Tale was a bit much for me. Just too much gloom and general weirdness.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:52 PM   #650
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Netflix

The Immigrant from 2013
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2019, 04:58 PM   #651
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Mohammed Ali: What's My Name on HBO. Super documentary! Informative, enlightening, dramatic… a must watch!

I confess I'm a bit conflicted about Mohammed Ali. He demonstrated so many of the best qualities any human being could possess and at the same time, he demonstrated some of the worst human traits. <-- which is true for most people but unlike most people, he was a huge presence in the world … I mean literally … in the whole wide world! I think … my conflicted feelings come from not knowing for certain whether or not he was an amazing human being and a jerk, or if he was an amazing human being with a jerk persona. Then again, can we really know anyone for certain?

In any case, we do know the amazing part is for damn certain! Check it out...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2019, 05:44 PM   #652
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Currently watching Sneaky Pete on Amazon. There are three seasons available for binging. It's from the same people that brought us Justified, Americans and Breaking Bad … Graham Yost, Bryan Cranston and Margo Martindale <-- love her!

It's an interesting drama with an interesting premise. Mostly, everyone's a grifter trying to grift everyone else! lol

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2019, 03:50 AM   #653
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I’m currently trying to savor The Spanish Princess on Starz via Prime. I have only one episode left. I certainly hope it returns.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:41 AM   #654
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I started watching Bosch on Prime and ended up staying up to the wee hours because I couldn’t stop.

He reminds me of Joe Kenda meets Dirty Harry. Awesome character, great storyline. It’s been days since I could watch since I’ve been busy as a bee. This weekend I’ll catch my honey up and we’ll go from there...
Old 06-28-2019, 12:21 PM   #655
Dutch Leonard

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Tournaments Won: 7

Dutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST Reputation
Default Transmilitary on Amazon Prime

Transmilitary, the documentary about transgender service members, is up on Amazon Prime.
Dutch Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dutch Leonard For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2019, 08:42 PM   #656
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Ditto! It's very good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
I started watching Bosch on Prime and ended up staying up to the wee hours because I couldn’t stop.

He reminds me of Joe Kenda meets Dirty Harry. Awesome character, great storyline. It’s been days since I could watch since I’ve been busy as a bee. This weekend I’ll catch my honey up and we’ll go from there...
Old 06-28-2019, 09:28 PM   #657
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Just seeing this now. No, it's not any more "positive" but I am feeling this season has slowed down a bit. But I am still loyal fan.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2019, 10:47 PM   #658
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

We’ve just finished watching One Day at a Time.

LOVE this show! Rita Moreno is a delight!

This brings all the unusual topics of comedy shows to light very tastefully. Moms dealing with teenage gay child, deadbeat ex husband, one kid trying pot, an aging mother, being a single mom, tight finances...

One of my favorite scenes is where the gay daughter is explaining why we have to ask what pronouns gay folks prefer!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2019, 03:21 AM   #659
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Golem on Netflix
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:02 PM   #660
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

I liked it too! Sadly, I think I read that it's not being picked up for another season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
We’ve just finished watching One Day at a Time.

LOVE this show! Rita Moreno is a delight!

This brings all the unusual topics of comedy shows to light very tastefully. Moms dealing with teenage gay child, deadbeat ex husband, one kid trying pot, an aging mother, being a single mom, tight finances...

One of my favorite scenes is where the gay daughter is explaining why we have to ask what pronouns gay folks prefer!