How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,011 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

A trans-vaginal ultrasound - $319.72 (my portion after insurance)
3 Krispy Kreme doughnuts - $4.35 (I deserved a break after that ultrasound)

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 01:09 PM   #5242
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Wow, I kind of wish I wasn't in purge mode. They have some nice things. I'm glad you can make use of the sales even though it's a sad closing. I think there is a lot of that to come...
I know, riiight? It seems like one place after another is just not able to weather the COVID storm, especially if their sales were sliding beforehand.

They had some rolling display carts that were nice but the wrong color for my design so I opted not to but I wanted to because there's nothing more pulling at the wallet strings than the knowledge that if you don't get it now, you never will.

For the record, the only stuff that I really and truly felt a pull towards was some the dining furnishings but even with the sale, I don't want to pay what they are asking for them so that's that. Maybe in a couple of weeks, if they are still there, the prices might be more reasonable. They are fast selling anything I consider shop worthy. All of the fun stuff that I've gotten before...area rugs, artwork, et cetera...is either totally gone or has whittled down to the ridiculous and less desirable stuff. At least, the store I frequent anyway.

Today, I did not buy anything but I did send away for free flooring samples. Free is the BEST price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
A trans-vaginal ultrasound - $319.72 (my portion after insurance)
3 Krispy Kreme doughnuts - $4.35 (I deserved a break after that ultrasound)
I hate those things. They never come in a small size.

I would have gotten half a dozen.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 01:35 PM   #5243
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Cedar Blocks and Sachet

Good in the closet, car, storage chest, garage
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 03:31 PM   #5244
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Pier 1 is closing all of its stores permanently. Their parent company is also permanently closing other chains, including Catherines, which upsets me greatly.
Pier 1 is going out of business however they do not have a parent company. They were an individual company publicly owned and traded. I know because I have worked for them in their corporate office for over seven years and am losing my job. I've not only been a customer since the 1970s but after working for them all of these years, I can tell you they were an amazing company with a very employee centric culture. They slipped up a little a couple of years ago in not keeping up with eCommerce and well, the rest is history. The website is just a 'look book' now and you can no longer place orders there but stores should be open through at least the end of August if not maybe even the end of September depending on inventory. Some good bargains to be had now for sure. Their name and intellectual rights as well as the website were auctioned off and the buyer will be relaunching a new Pier 1 website but who is to say what that will even be like. It won't be Pier 1 though as we've known it all of these years. Super sad about it all.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:41 PM   #5245
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

this little guy for my patio although he's not that little, he sits at almost 18" high and so freaking cute

... and some lemon cookies ♡
Old 08-05-2020, 03:03 AM   #5246
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
Pier 1 is going out of business however they do not have a parent company. They were an individual company publicly owned and traded . . .
Thanks for correcting me. I must have misunderstood the news story I read.

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 06:07 AM   #5247
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
Pier 1 is going out of business however they do not have a parent company. They were an individual company publicly owned and traded. I know because I have worked for them in their corporate office for over seven years and am losing my job. I've not only been a customer since the 1970s but after working for them all of these years, I can tell you they were an amazing company with a very employee centric culture. They slipped up a little a couple of years ago in not keeping up with eCommerce and well, the rest is history. The website is just a 'look book' now and you can no longer place orders there but stores should be open through at least the end of August if not maybe even the end of September depending on inventory. Some good bargains to be had now for sure. Their name and intellectual rights as well as the website were auctioned off and the buyer will be relaunching a new Pier 1 website but who is to say what that will even be like. It won't be Pier 1 though as we've known it all of these years. Super sad about it all.

I'm so sorry to hear that you are losing your job with this...
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2020, 01:09 PM   #5248
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

The other day, at discount retail grocery store, I saw that Campbells Soup has small cans of what they call, Cream of Cauliflower soup? I bought two small cans and used one of them today, while cooking up a big batch of pasta and veggies, so I can have a bowl of high-protein salad for lunch or dinner, this coming week.

I don't like it. It looks nothing like cauliflower. But you can see smashed to bits pieces of cauliflower in the soup can. Worse, it is orange colored. Not good.

So I didn't use it and won't be using the other un-used can of soup I bought.

Luckily, I have a giant head of cauliflower in the fridge and can steam half of the head and mash it down and add a bit of coconut flour and coconut cream to it in order to make my own Cauliflower soup base. It takes time to do it, but I'd rather do it than use the soup I bought in the Campbells Soup can.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2020, 12:32 PM   #5249
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Buy today

Loaf of Italian bread from the local bakery, to the local market to get lettuce, tomatoes, bean sprouts, chick peas and I have cheese and oil and vinegar dressing at home for my supper. I also went to the butcher and got some different meats. (steak, pork chops, hamburger, sausage and sliced rare angus beef.
Stone-Butch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2020, 01:38 PM   #5250
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default back to Stone-Butch

*me tinkin 'bout droppin in on Stone-Butch 'round dinner time*

RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:57 PM   #5251
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Buy today

Drop around a bud is always welcome.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2020, 06:59 PM   #5252
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

- alcohol prep pads
- Olay Regenerist serum
- a bite guard

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2020, 05:53 AM   #5253
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Another air fryer.

I promised not to get another one and did so anyway.

Got it from Amazon with a free return so at least I can return it if I want to.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2020, 10:48 AM   #5254
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today I will be buying a haircut. First chance since the pandemic hit. Fortunately with the quarantine in effect I don't really have to go out and show my scary self much. It is a little annoying though that the kids are watching me like a hawk out of concern for my health. After all if if AARP wants me then I must old enough for them to know for a fact, I am teetering on the absolute very edge of death right?
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 02:23 PM   #5255
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Two small flowering plants and one large flowering shrub, for my patio. Oh, and a little baby cactus garden pot.

Kahlua french vanilla coffee, pizzelles, organic ayurvedic infusions tea.

{happy kinda day}
Old 08-11-2020, 03:02 PM   #5256
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Over $100 worth of pens, which is only 3 boxes, because my boss must have _the_most_ expensive possible pens which come in a 12-pack. (Yes, there are more expensive pens that come individually. Thank goodness she doesn't ask me to order those.)

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2020, 06:38 PM   #5257
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
The other day, at discount retail grocery store, I saw that Campbells Soup has small cans of what they call, Cream of Cauliflower soup? I bought two small cans and used one of them today, while cooking up a big batch of pasta and veggies, so I can have a bowl of high-protein salad for lunch or dinner, this coming week.

I don't like it. It looks nothing like cauliflower. But you can see smashed to bits pieces of cauliflower in the soup can. Worse, it is orange colored. Not good.

So I didn't use it and won't be using the other un-used can of soup I bought.

Luckily, I have a giant head of cauliflower in the fridge and can steam half of the head and mash it down and add a bit of coconut flour and coconut cream to it in order to make my own Cauliflower soup base. It takes time to do it, but I'd rather do it than use the soup I bought in the Campbells Soup can.
YUCK. Good call on using real cauliflower.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2020, 09:04 AM   #5258
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Default Bought today

My usual steak and fish plus lots of breads and buns, cheese croissants. Blueberries, strawberries (my first this year), watermelon and kiwi. Fresh broccoli and spinach, frozen peas and green beans (keeps them fresh). Creme and milk.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2020, 05:19 AM   #5259
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Bought yesterday and arrives today.

In this box:
  • 1932 Night After Night -- George Raft, Constance Cummings [Paramount]
  • 1933 She Done Him Wrong - CONDEMNED -- Cary Grant, Owen Moore [Paramount]
  • 1933 I'm No Angel - CONDEMNED -- Cary Grant, Gregory Ratoff, Edward Arnold [Paramount]
  • 1934 Belle of the Nineties - CONDEMNED -- Roger Pryor, Johnny Mack Brown [Paramount]
  • 1935 Goin' to Town -- Paul Cavanagh, Gilbert Emery [Paramount]
  • 1936 Klondike Annie -- Victor McLaglen, directed by Raoul Walsh [Paramount]
  • 1936 Go West, Young Man -- Warren William, Randolph Scott [Paramount]
  • 1937 Every Day's a Holiday -- Edmund Lowe, Charles Butterworth [Paramount]
  • 1940 My Little Chickadee -- W.C. Fields, Joseph Calleia, Margaret Hamilton [Universal]

The three films from 1933 and 1934 were given the dreaded "C" rating: CONDEMNED by the Legion of Decency during it's first two years of operation.

1932's 'Night after Night' likely would have received a Condemned rating, but it was released a year before the Legion was formed and was one of the reasons why the Legion was formed.

Roman Catholics were forbidden to see these films.

All four are presented in their original uncut form.

'Night after Night' was a George Raft gangster movie.

Mae plays one of his old girlfriends, a supporting part - This is the only time she did not receive top billing.

And it's the only time that Mae did not receive a writing credit, even though she wrote the best line in the film - "Goodness had nothing to do with it."
Old 08-15-2020, 06:58 AM   #5260
cutegrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single but taken

cutegrrl is on a distinguished road
A couple of bags of frozen vegetables, dried herbs, garlic and rice to make vegetable soup.

I'll add the above ingredients to whatever veg I have in my fridge that needs to be used before they go bad.
cutegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cutegrrl For This Useful Post:

Tags
buy, what did you buy today