Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-25-2017, 05:36 PM   #21
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Path...

ASMR Most Relaxing Writing Video Ever Made

This is the another way I relax...writing with my
fountain pen. To reward myself one day I'll get one in
glass, like this one....Greco

"Relax as I use a glass dip pen to write down
a few of the things I've learned over the course of my life.
Most people my age learned these things
long ago and if you are younger, I encourage
you to take heed so that your life won't be
unnecessarily bumpy." Relaxing ASMR

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 05:14 PM   #22
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

In culling the extras and reorganizing everything in my home, I've started making a pile of all of my cool pens in the office and it made me realize I do have quite a collection of not just fancy fountain pens but also weird acrylic pens.

Today I found my Krampus pen along with 2 shaped like broomsticks, one in the shape of a Harry Potter wand, and another that is a pair of long, shapely legs.
Kinda delightful but now I want to figure out a nice way to display them in my office.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 05:32 PM   #23
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i love that Medusa!

i was looking for a crochet needle and found my PURPLE FELT TIP marker!

A treasure!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:49 PM   #24
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

I would NEVER NEVER NEVER pay $295 for stationary but GOT DANGGGGGGG this is gorgeous:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2017, 05:30 PM   #25
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I had just unwrapped some moleskine cahiers and felt intimidated by them when I read a selection from Michael Dirda's Browsings on the subject of writing paper. Anyway, he had the same sort of reaction to these notebooks: "At one point I owned a few of those ubiquitous Moleskines—the kind supposedly used by travel writer Bruce Chatwin—but they tend to be so expensive that I found myself hesitating to mar their virgin whiteness with my doodles, to-do lists, and earth-shaking, indeed paradigm-altering, observations about this and that. Instead I much prefer school composition books, generally those with austere, speckled black-and-white covers . . . ."

Eventually, I wrote my utility company's customer service number on the first page of one and felt I had sullied it enough to put it to actual use.

Dirda also reminded me of those Goldenrod and Big Chief tablets we used to have in elementary school. He preferred the Goldenrod. I don't recall having a preference although I can remember their feel. So rough.

My dad's uncle sold us some encyclopedias when I was a kid. World Book and Childcraft. Their pages were so smooth and shiny. I don't think one ever tore, and we used them a lot. They were cool to the touch too and smelled of their leather bindings. So inviting.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:55 PM   #26
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,011 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
My dad's uncle sold us some encyclopedias when I was a kid. World Book and Childcraft. Their pages were so smooth and shiny. I don't think one ever tore, and we used them a lot. They were cool to the touch too and smelled of their leather bindings. So inviting.
I remember those books! I enjoyed them so much. I believe the Childcraft Volume 5 was the one that had the most craft type projects. On many a rainy day I would peruse those to find something to do.

I specifically remember learning to make pear boats - a little mayonnaise in a canned pear half, then make sails with toothpicks and paper and crayons. I don't remember if a little cheese sprinkled on top was part of the "recipe", or if that was something my mom added.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2017, 08:26 PM   #27
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Ahem!

Staples had their silver and gold G2 gel pens in a 4-pack for $5 on sale!

These are great for writing on black card stock!
Old 12-16-2017, 08:31 AM   #28
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I specifically remember learning to make pear boats - a little mayonnaise in a canned pear half, then make sails with toothpicks and paper and crayons. I don't remember if a little cheese sprinkled on top was part of the "recipe", or if that was something my mom added.
As a child my favorite canned pear recipe was from a Betty Crocker cookbook. I liked it because though it was from a grownup book I could "cook" it all by myself and it turned out just like the picture every time. Although sometimes I had to tweak the recipe a bit because slivered almonds were not a pantry staple item all year long at our house. Mom bought a mini packet right before Christmas and when they were gone we were out until next Christmas. So sometimes my siblings and I had to eat ear less bunnies. Once when our brother complained about the missing ears and told me in a really nasty way to fix it, I took his bunny in the kitchen and used a toothpick to paint food coloring where the ears should be then told him - He has ears, I checked, just dig deep like I did and you'll find them. He ran and barfed, and I got the bunny's cottage cheese tail and my sister got its face. Our brother snitched and my mother said what do you mean you're mad because you didn't get to eat rabbit ass and eyeballs? Sign slower, calm down, and please do not swear. This is a home, not a tavern!

FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2017, 08:56 AM   #29
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,011 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Sorry, I didn't mean to derail the thread.

I got a most excellent pen for FREE in the mail last week. There is a company that engraves business names on pens, and the pens they use are really good. They are ball point, and they write so smoothly, and they start writing as soon as the pen hits the paper - no streaky first line while the ball point gets unstuck before it starts to roll. I used to work at a company that used them as giveaways, and those pens were guarded like solid gold - but I did manage to nab a few. I was so sad when the last one finally ran out of ink.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2017, 01:46 PM   #30
butchgeek

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
ISO geeky femme who can run this INTJ a bit

butchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputationbutchgeek Has the BEST Reputation

Ahhh! I’ve stumbled on heaven. I am a pen and paper freak! I spend way too much time on jetpens.com! I may have flown to New York just to visit CW Pencil Enterprise! Hobonichi, Muji, etc are places I like to hang out and drool. I’ve only got one Montblanc (a classique from my granddad as a graduation gift years ago). I love fine brush pens for practicing hanzi, especially on Tomoe river paper!

Does anyone else bullet journal?
butchgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to butchgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #31
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchgeek View Post
Ahhh! I’ve stumbled on heaven. I am a pen and paper freak! I spend way too much time on jetpens.com! I may have flown to New York just to visit CW Pencil Enterprise! Hobonichi, Muji, etc are places I like to hang out and drool. I’ve only got one Montblanc (a classique from my granddad as a graduation gift years ago). I love fine brush pens for practicing hanzi, especially on Tomoe river paper!

Does anyone else bullet journal?
No, I can't say I bullet journal in fact I had to look it up but I do enjoy a nice journal to mark down certain phrases, idioms, ideas, etc etc.

I am very fussy about the pens I use as well.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2018, 11:19 PM   #32
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Current obsession: J. Herbin Glass Pens!

Last edited by Medusa; 02-23-2018 at 11:22 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2018, 05:02 PM   #33
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

this is the first year i don’t write in a daily journal.......
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: