Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 06-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #41
kassykit

How Do You Identify?:
Just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her,
Relationship Status:
Single

kassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputation

Oh a couple of subsitutions i've made that have helped with my sugar levels....

Cut out the nondairy creamer! the box may say 0 sugars, but the first ingridant is high fructous corn syrup granuals. wow my spelling hurts today.... anyhows when in dry form this has "no" sugar.... however add water (or coffee in my case) and it will cause your sugars to go up! (or at least that happened to me)

Also if your like mocha's or latte's ..... the milk in those is boiled, the sugars are more conentrated and if you can handle it yayyyy, but if you find that even with the sufar free flavorings, your sugars go up a lot..... try subsituting regular milk for unsweetened soy.... my normal drink is now a sugarfree hazelnut lattee with unsweetened soy and four splendas(for a 20oz) also be sure to ask if the shop charges extra for soy milk.... some do ... some don't

oWheat noodles instead of regular noodles has helped as well..... and as much as i love yogurt!!! make sure to get the low/no sugar yogurt!! otherwise some of them (like yoplait) has as much as i wanna say 21 grams of sugar per serving!!!! (not sure on the number, but it's up there O_O )

=Love shared is love doubled.... pain shared is pain cut in half..........share your life with me, and i'll share mine with you...
kassykit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kassykit For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #42
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Andrew and kassykit

I'm needle phobic and hate the idea of a tattoo, but that's one I'd get also Andrew. Wow...would be great to be able to glance at my tattoo instead of jab my finger....and save on the cost of all those test strips as well. I'll have to check this out!

My family is the same way kassykit...lots of diabetes in my dad's side. I wasn't diagnosed til I was 40+ but they estimate that I went undiagnosed for 10 to 20 years based on the condition of my eyes (diabetic retinopathy). And you're right...horribly unfair. I know so many people who can munch away on candy bars, drink soda, eat fast food....not healthy but they're still okay. A snickers bar (which I adore) would send my sugars over the moon...

I have the same effect from exercise...not that I can eat whatever I want, but my fasting sugar level is a good 10 points lower in the morning when I've exercised the day before....and I'm working on taking off a bit more weight as well...not for appearance really, more just for good health.

Hugs to you both!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:01 AM   #43
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I love Italian foods. Instead of giving up on eating them, I just switched the pasta I use. I use whole grain wheats instead. The flavor changes, but I do what I have too to survive.

My diet has changed a great deal. I eat fruit and veggies every single day. I exercise by walking. I lift weights, and swim.

I am drinking coffee maybe 2x a day. Once in the morning and once after dinner. That is it.

Unfortunately I too have a very long family history of diabetes. It sucks. I miss eating like I used too. I miss the white pasta. Having a taco salad and eating the shell. Just the simple things like that. I just make changes to survive.

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #44
kassykit

How Do You Identify?:
Just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her,
Relationship Status:
Single

kassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputation

walking is deffinately a good form of exercise!

My dog loves me for it she loves going for walks..... shoot she loves just being outside...

too cold here to swim, and well i don't know the first thing about "working" out... i have been thinking of getting a gym membership but then it boils down to when would i go?

Right now the fight i'm battling includes depression so sometimes even getting out and walking the dog is a huge battle!

Ahh things will work out...

Stress btw can affect blood sugar levels, so avoid drama.... drama = grrrr

=Love shared is love doubled.... pain shared is pain cut in half..........share your life with me, and i'll share mine with you...
kassykit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kassykit For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #45
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Stress is a major sugar elevator. I also have a head injury (tbi). That is why I cannot have any hormones. The docs fear that if my blood pressure goes up I could end up in a vegg. state. So, no "t" for me.

I take blood pressure med. already as a prevention. I have been on that since I was a youngster. I have Asperger's too.

I also suffer from depression/anxiety, seizures, learning disabilities, and so on and on as side effects of my tbi. It all goes hand in hand with tbi. I have left temporal brain injury. It shows up on MRI's, Cat Scans, and so on even today. It is just that obvious.

A doctor told me once that it would be like for a human being to be driving at about 100 mph and hit a cement wall. Your head goes thru the windshield, and hits the cement wall. The after effects are what I am living with. I never had a chance. I have no clue as to what it is like to have a normal brain or to be normal. I am more vocal online than I am in person.

Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:05 AM   #46
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Thought I'd come in and give this thread a bump...

I was a little concerned about my bloodsugar levels with the move. They had started to climb when I was going through all the stress of packing and trying to organize everything, but have settled down again now that I'm in a routine here.

Been getting some uncomfortable reminders though about my diet...foods that other people can eat and enjoy make me feel horrible afterwards. I weakened and had a cupcake when we went to DisneyQuest on Saturday...it was gorgeous and huge and calling my name. Didn't even eat all of the frosting (there was a ton), but even so I felt sick within an hour. It's frustrating to have to skip all the "goodies" that others take for granted...but clearly I have to.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 09-21-2010, 09:56 AM   #47
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

Hey all!

I'm not diabetic - but there is a history of it in my family. I am Ojibwe, both my parents were diabetic, a brother is diabetic, a sister is pre-diabetic. I think both sets of grandparents were - I know a lot of my aunts and uncles were.
There is also a history of heart problems on my mother's side of the family.

I'm not very good about watching what I eat or exercising consistently. Oddly enough - when I was working I was more diligent about exercising - my weight got down to about 210 lbs. But now that I'm unemployed it seems I find other stuff to do to keep myself busy - and my weight has shot back up.

I live with my pre-diabetic sister. Lately I've been trying to cook more healthy meals for us: soups, salads, more veggies, not as much red meat. We've both noticed that we're not as tired as we used to be. Right now she has a problem with her foot so we don't go for the long walks in the evening that we used to go on.
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #48
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Jo this is a great thread being checked for diabetes because of weight gain and drinking alot and peeing alot too. Symptoms of diabetes but could be because I am dieting and drinking a lot of water too so I don't know. But the HA1C will tell me next Tuesday, everyone else take good care of yourself and your diabetes!!
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #49
Butterbean

How Do You Identify?:
----
Preferred Pronoun?:
----

Thanked 2,220 Times in 772 Posts
Butterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My hypoglycemia is still here and I'm dropping to the 40's at least 3 times a week. At 30 or 40, I will aura. 4 Glucose tabs and a sandwich will get it back up to 110 on average. One of my docs just had me take a fasting blood work up, including vitamins and iron levels and I'm waiting on those results.

One thing that interests me is that my blood sugar levels only bottom out like this in the evening and never in the morning. Does anyone know why this is?
Butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #50
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbean View Post
My hypoglycemia is still here and I'm dropping to the 40's at least 3 times a week. At 30 or 40, I will aura. 4 Glucose tabs and a sandwich will get it back up to 110 on average. One of my docs just had me take a fasting blood work up, including vitamins and iron levels and I'm waiting on those results.

One thing that interests me is that my blood sugar levels only bottom out like this in the evening and never in the morning. Does anyone know why this is?

I'm curious about your bottom numbers....do you only notice when you hit 30-40? I can tell I am dipping when I hit under 80...tingly fingers, trouble concentrating, sweating, shaking.... At 30-40 you are nearly comatose!

What time of the evening is this happening...before dinner, after dinner, before bedtime?
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #51
Butterbean

How Do You Identify?:
----
Preferred Pronoun?:
----

Butterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST ReputationButterbean Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

For the most part, yes, that is the only time I notice but by the time I do, the aura is strong. Others notice it way before I get that low and ask if I've checked my blood levels. I'm trying to learn the signs before it gets that low but haven't really noticed anything other than, perhaps, fatigue. Yes, 30-40 are extremely low levels and by the time I aura, I am shaking and clammy. You and I, clearly, do not share the same low blood level experience.

It happens mostly after dinner, before bedtime, and will wake me up when I'm falling asleep at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I'm curious about your bottom numbers....do you only notice when you hit 30-40? I can tell I am dipping when I hit under 80...tingly fingers, trouble concentrating, sweating, shaking.... At 30-40 you are nearly comatose!

What time of the evening is this happening...before dinner, after dinner, before bedtime?
Old 09-21-2010, 04:28 PM   #52
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
For the most part, yes, that is the only time I notice but by the time I do, the aura is strong. Others notice it way before I get that low and ask if I've checked my blood levels. I'm trying to learn the signs before it gets that low but haven't really noticed anything other than, perhaps, fatigue. Yes, 30-40 are extremely low levels and by the time I aura, I am shaking and clammy. You and I, clearly, do not share the same low blood level experience.

It happens mostly after dinner, before bedtime, and will wake me up when I'm falling asleep at night.
I feel for you; it must be frightening to all of the sudden be at that point with little warning!

The one thing that comes to mind is your protein level....are you getting enough protein? Protein gives me a much more even blood sugar level, and will help keep me from the early morning dips I often have. I wake up sweating, shaking, and delusional....usually I am around 40-50 at that point, and require assistance from my spouse.

I have noticed a lot more dips since becoming vegetarian, and have had to really concentrate on uping the protein. Even in the afternoon I now get dips...but like I said since I am awake I notice them a little sooner.

Good luck with finding a solution
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2010, 10:47 PM   #53
Butterbean

How Do You Identify?:
----
Preferred Pronoun?:
----

Member Photo Albums

LOL Well MsTinkerbelly, this isn't my first rodeo but what it is is annoying and very tiring. You may have hit upon the answer: Protein.

The way I was advised to manage this is with 4 meals a day that are equal in protein and carbs. The problem is I am way more into carbs. Perhaps I just need to increase that a lot?

Having the low blood sugar in the morning would really be difficult. I'm sorry that you have to have some mornings like that. Thank you for the good wishes and best wishes for your levels too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I feel for you; it must be frightening to all of the sudden be at that point with little warning!

The one thing that comes to mind is your protein level....are you getting enough protein? Protein gives me a much more even blood sugar level, and will help keep me from the early morning dips I often have. I wake up sweating, shaking, and delusional....usually I am around 40-50 at that point, and require assistance from my spouse.

I have noticed a lot more dips since becoming vegetarian, and have had to really concentrate on uping the protein. Even in the afternoon I now get dips...but like I said since I am awake I notice them a little sooner.

Good luck with finding a solution
The Following User Says Thank You to Butterbean For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #54
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
LOL Well MsTinkerbelly, this isn't my first rodeo but what it is is annoying and very tiring. You may have hit upon the answer: Protein.

The way I was advised to manage this is with 4 meals a day that are equal in protein and carbs. The problem is I am way more into carbs. Perhaps I just need to increase that a lot?

Having the low blood sugar in the morning would really be difficult. I'm sorry that you have to have some mornings like that. Thank you for the good wishes and best wishes for your levels too!
Hi Butterbean,

I wonder if you're eating mostly simple carbs instead of complex carbs... I know that when I eat simple carbs (white bread, potato without the skin, white rice), then my blood sugar spikes high for a bit and then bottoms right out. The complex carbs (also called low glycemic carbs) digest more slowly and steadily and don't give me the spike and bottoming out effect.

It's a bit of a pain to follow the glycemic index, but I can feel a big difference when I do.

Like many of you, I struggle with fatigue when I'm not managing my numbers well....and by 7 pm I'm almost nodding off on the couch.

Wryly, I had to chuckle...I seem to be better at exercising more when I'm busy then when I'm not, too. Weird how that works. If your sister can't walk well right now, can you get access to a swimming pool? I found that walking in a pool is actually even better than walking on land in some ways...takes the weight off the joints and feet, and makes you work against the resistance of the water, too.

Hugs to all of you...and I hope your test results come back with good news Lips.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:10 AM   #55
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Hi Butterbean,

I wonder if you're eating mostly simple carbs instead of complex carbs... I know that when I eat simple carbs (white bread, potato without the skin, white rice), then my blood sugar spikes high for a bit and then bottoms right out. The complex carbs (also called low glycemic carbs) digest more slowly and steadily and don't give me the spike and bottoming out effect.

It's a bit of a pain to follow the glycemic index, but I can feel a big difference when I do.

Like many of you, I struggle with fatigue when I'm not managing my numbers well....and by 7 pm I'm almost nodding off on the couch.

Wryly, I had to chuckle...I seem to be better at exercising more when I'm busy then when I'm not, too. Weird how that works. If your sister can't walk well right now, can you get access to a swimming pool? I found that walking in a pool is actually even better than walking on land in some ways...takes the weight off the joints and feet, and makes you work against the resistance of the water, too.

Hugs to all of you...and I hope your test results come back with good news Lips.
Thanks Jo I will find out on Tuesday of next week can't wait really tired and thirsty all the time, hope everyone is on the mend and getting better!!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #56
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

I am Type 2 on the lower end of the spectrum. It also runs in my family.

To the ones on insulin, have your Dr's ever thought about trying you in Byetta? I was diagnosed during a surgery pre-op, was thrown on insulin to control it thru surgery then after surgery he put me on Byetta which controlled it fine and then we dropped to pills.

My brother is a raging diabetic, was on insulin for several years and his sugar still bounced, I told him about Byetta, his Dr was willing to try it and now his sugar is well under control. Sometimes taking insulin isn't the answer I've found out. You can find out info on Byetta at this link.

www.byetta.com

There is also an excellent website out now with all sorts of helpful info as well as recipes and what foods will trigger your sugar to rise etc.

www.dlife.com

Also someone mentioned calorie king which is a little book you can carry with you which lists the carb content of foods and fast food restaurants. You can pick up the book at most bookstores or you can access the info online or purchase the book online at this link.

www.calorieking.com

DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2010, 04:45 AM   #57
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

For the insulin takers, has anyone heard about the i-port? i found this while surfing a few days ago.

http://www.i-port.com/

It's an alternative to a pump. i'm going to ask my dr about it at my next appointment, i'd really like to try it. The thought of one stick every 3 days vs 2-3/day sounds great to me!
Old 10-08-2010, 05:06 AM   #58
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Well it turns out that I'm pre-diabetic so I have to watch my carb intake!! I have been checking with a glucose meter and they have been in the 100's every morning so that is good I think.

hope you all are taking good care of yourself and on the mend.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:22 AM   #59
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Type 2 here. Diagnosed six months ago with no family history. First thing I did was get enrolled with a dietician and then a doctor who specializes.

Cut out sugery drinks. Changed over to complex carbs. Got an exercise program going by walking 2 miles a day four times a week. Taking metaformin. Reduced stress.

A1C went from 13.6 to 7.6 in 3 mts. Lost 30 lbs in 6 mts. Blood pressure went from 140s/90s (yes take bp meds) to 126/72 2 mts ago to 100/68 last wk.

Not there yet but on my way. Good luck to you all!
katsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to katsarecool For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #60
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
Type 2 here. Diagnosed six months ago with no family history. First thing I did was get enrolled with a dietician and then a doctor who specializes.

Cut out sugery drinks. Changed over to complex carbs. Got an exercise program going by walking 2 miles a day four times a week. Taking metaformin. Reduced stress.

A1C went from 13.6 to 7.6 in 3 mts. Lost 30 lbs in 6 mts. Blood pressure went from 140s/90s (yes take bp meds) to 126/72 2 mts ago to 100/68 last wk.

Not there yet but on my way. Good luck to you all!
Bravo! This is fantastic kats
That's tremendous improvement, and soooo much better for your body.
I bet you feel better too.