Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 04-04-2017, 04:08 PM   #121
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
A close friend of mine is totally hooked on watching HBO's latest dark comedy drama series called Big Little Lies.

It just debuted a few weeks ago and already my friend says she hopes they make a second season. Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon and several others star in this weekly show. The music tracks in each episode lend to the titillating discoveries of lies among families featured in the show's storylines.

If you haven't seen it, here's a link and a trailer.

My friend is dvr'ing the first season for me, so I can watch it over Memorial weekend.

LINK: https://g.co/kgs/C7uRuQ

Trailer:

I am so glad to see you post this!

It was absolutely fantastic!

I just loved it.

For the entire series, I would sit and say to myself, "This is so good, there is nothing like this on TV"!

One of the biggest things that I loved about it was that the women actors were front and center. The males, though they had an important role in the series, really were secondary to the women.

That, in itself, is so very rare in any TV show or series. The women are usually in periphery to the males. An exception, of course: Law and Order, SVU or Supergirl but you get my point.

The stars, to name a couple of the big ones: Reese Witherspoon, Laura Dern, Nicole Kidman. They were phenomenal.

I hope that there is a second season but can't figure out what they would do since the major thrust of the story was completed.

I actually bought the soundtrack because the music was also terrific.

I think I will post the opening credit song on the listening thread. I probably played it 10 times yesterday.

Gee, can you tell that I loved the series?!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2017, 04:33 PM   #122
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I am so glad to see you post this!

It was absolutely fantastic!

I just loved it.

For the entire series, I would sit and say to myself, "This is so good, there is nothing like this on TV"!

One of the biggest things that I loved about it was that the women actors were front and center. The males, though they had an important role in the series, really were secondary to the women.

That, in itself, is so very rare in any TV show or series. The women are usually in periphery to the males. An exception, of course: Law and Order, SVU or Supergirl but you get my point.

The stars, to name a couple of the big ones: Reese Witherspoon, Laura Dern, Nicole Kidman. They were phenomenal.

I hope that there is a second season but can't figure out what they would do since the major thrust of the story was completed.

I actually bought the soundtrack because the music was also terrific.

I think I will post the opening credit song on the listening thread. I probably played it 10 times yesterday.

Gee, can you tell that I loved the series?!
That's what my close friend said, too! She's addicted to this show and she said I'd absolutely love it. I want the sound track too!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2017, 05:37 PM   #123
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

LOVED LOVED LOVED Big Little Lies as well but the ending, unless you read the book, may of left some scratching their heads and with some unanswered questions IMHO!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2017, 07:26 AM   #124
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Has anyone else been watching First Dates? It airs on Friday nights on NBC and is produced by Ellen.

I've caught the first couple episodes and rather enjoy it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2017, 02:49 PM   #125
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Has anyone else been watching First Dates? It airs on Friday nights on NBC and is produced by Ellen.

No, but I will add this to my list of TV shows to watch.
Thanks for your post about Ellen's dating show.

_____ ______
Old 04-16-2017, 02:53 PM   #126
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I've seen it and like it very much.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2017, 04:35 PM   #127
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Someone posted in a thread they were avid Bee Gee fans! Tonight there is a Grammy Salute to the music of the Bee Gees. It airs on CBS at 8'oclock.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2017, 05:58 PM   #128
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Someone posted in a thread they were avid Bee Gee fans! Tonight there is a Grammy Salute to the music of the Bee Gees. It airs on CBS at 8'oclock.
I will be watching and most likely dancing!

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2017, 06:03 PM   #129
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

basketball playoff ~ Boston & Chicago ))) RIP Issah Thomas's sister Chyna Thomas died in a fatal car accident in Washington State yest. morning Issah is a Boston Celtic.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:32 PM   #130
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

No TV today, but I've got a growing list of shows to watch.
Thanks to all who post what they watch, soon. I recently got to watch every episode of Big Little Lies, and I'm on the list to check it out at the library, when it becomes available. Looking forward to reading the book. : )

_____ ______
Old 04-23-2017, 11:50 PM   #131
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Am watching _12 Years a Slave_ which is very well acted.

Last week we watched _Hidden Figures_. Well acted and well worth watching.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:41 AM   #132
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default America's War On Drugs - Trailer

HISTORY will investigate 5 decades of "America's War On Drugs" in epic 8-hour documentary starting June 18 ...

Called “the new Jim Crow,”the war on drugs has cost America $1 trillion in a bizarre history that spans five decades. It has also had a most devastating impact on the Black community from decades of biased law enforcement, from President Nixon to the draconian Rockefeller Drug Laws, to the emerging above-ground marijuana market that is poised to make legal millions for wealthy investors doing the same thing that generations of people of color have been arrested and locked up for.

http://shadowandact.com/2017/04/21/h...r-documentary/
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2017, 09:50 AM   #133
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Burn Motherfucker Burn

On Showtime: Outstanding documentary about the history of the LAPD and the African-American community in south LA.

It chronicles the move by blacks from the south in the 40's and the rise of racist police chief William Parker (the police central headquarters is the still-named Parker Center in LA) from approx. 1950 until he died of a heart attack a year after the Watts riots.

It does not flinch from the overt and brutal racism leading up to the Watts riots.

Who takes over after Parker dies?

The guy that used to be his driver; racist Darryl Gates.

Again, it does not flinch from the overt and brutal racism that never stops- Rodney King and the resultant riots.

It is soberingly and profoundly sad that not much has been learned.

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2017, 07:14 PM   #134
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Queen Sugar, Season 2 Trailer

Back on June 20.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2017, 08:06 PM   #135
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

I can't stress enough how awesome Fargo is! It is smartly funny, well-written, and all-around excellent television.

There is just one episode left in this season. If you like smart and funny TV, you can't go wrong with any of the 3 seasons and they are all different.

~Washington Post

Old 06-25-2017, 01:30 PM   #136
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

One of my most favorite shows of all-time is ER.

This weekend, I found that a cable station named POP is running the series.

It is just as good as I remembered.

Some older shows just don't hold up but this one does.

~Washington Post

Old 07-12-2017, 08:39 PM   #137
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

I am so enjoying this 4 part documentary directed by Allen Hughes, called The Defiant Ones. It is really good. Part 1 was Sunday night, 2 on Monday, 3 Tuesday and 4 tonight. I am sure it will be repeated (as HBO always does).

It chronicles the early beginnings of Dr. Dre, his partnership with Jimmy Iovine, who started Interscope Records, the evolution of hip hop and how their partnership transformed contemporary culture.

Billboard says: "If you're a fan of hip-hop, it's the rap version of when Lennon met McCartney."

~Washington Post

Old 07-16-2017, 04:16 PM   #138
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

New season of Game of Thrones starts tonight!

~Washington Post

Old 07-16-2017, 07:43 PM   #139
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I am so enjoying this 4 part documentary directed by Allen Hughes, called The Defiant Ones. It is really good. Part 1 was Sunday night, 2 on Monday, 3 Tuesday and 4 tonight. I am sure it will be repeated (as HBO always does).

It chronicles the early beginnings of Dr. Dre, his partnership with Jimmy Iovine, who started Interscope Records, the evolution of hip hop and how their partnership transformed contemporary culture.

Billboard says: "If you're a fan of hip-hop, it's the rap version of when Lennon met McCartney."

oh, sounds good, Anya, I'll see if I can find it, this week!

_____ ______
Old 07-25-2017, 07:42 PM   #140
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Default What happened...Ms. Sykes?

I just caught this on TV, somehow I had missed it.

I needed a laugh after the healthcare vote today.

I think she is really great and always enjoy her,

~Washington Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: