morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ontario / Toronto whats going on?

ok I know , I know Im not from canada .. BUT i am in Buffalo and love Labatts blue does that count??? lol
anyways........ there is a up coming event that is coming up on
Jan. 11th ...
Saturday 11th at 7pm.

DYKES OF HAZARD COMEDY HOUR

Dykes of Hazard Comedy is taking Toronto by storm. Get ready for a monthly showcase featuring the best in up-and-coming underground comics. Head Dyke in charge Kristen Becker will host this diverse (read: not all dykes) lineup every month.

Says Becker, "I have been waiting for an opportunity to get back to Toronto and work with some of my best pals, when Maggie Cassella (head beaver in charge) asked, I jumped on the opportunity. We are going to start the first month with an all stand up show, but I expect each show in the future to include a cornucopia of comedy styles. Every month we will have a fresh show spotlighting some of the best comics you know and some you have never heard of".

This month's line-up:

Zabrina Chevannes
Eric Lingenfelter
Dawn Whitwell
Plus Sketch Comedy
And burlesque with Izzy Aman
Plus more TBA

DYKES OF HAZARD COMEDY HOUR
SATURDAY, JANUARY 11 - 7pm

Tix: $10 advance/$15 door
Available at the Pubaret or online at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/545578
Limited seating so get your tickets early!

Dinner available before, during, or after the show.
Dinner patrons get priority seating
For dinner rezzos e-mail heather@pubaret.com or call 647.347.6567.
Thank you very much!

http://www.pubaret.com/

https://www.facebook.com/events/5678...y_type=regular

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

You posted at 11:11 thats a good thing!

and i just realized you are posting about the date of Jan 11 (1-11)

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
You posted at 11:11 thats a good thing!

and i just realized you are posting about the date of Jan 11 (1-11)

.. lol wow .. didn't even noticed until now.. ha

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Today Toronto's World's Biggest Bookstore shut its doors for good. A sign of the times; an end of an era. I'll miss this place.
Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #5
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone going to Toronto World Pride? http://worldpridetoronto.com/festival/worldpride-2014/
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:50 AM   #6
Torchsong3

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
orphaned

Torchsong3 is on a distinguished road
Default Palais royale

I have my ticket for the dance at the Palais Royale during World Pride. Anyone else going? Would be lovely to walk into a sea of butch-femme!
Torchsong3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #7
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,908 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

We don't have tickets to anything at World Pride, but we live just down the street so we'll probably be out milling around on most days of Pride week. I've barely looked at events so far. But I think Butch Femme Salon might be having another Pride event so imagine we'll be going to that!

Edit: and here it is. http://buddiesinbadtimes.com/pride20...er-the-covers/

For those who have never been to Butch Femme Salon before, it's well worth it! We go pretty often and have never been disappointed.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2014, 09:18 AM   #8
SaltyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/she/hey you.....
Relationship Status:
open to the possibilities

2 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 5

Thanked 1,635 Times in 301 Posts
SaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST ReputationSaltyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
We don't have tickets to anything at World Pride, but we live just down the street so we'll probably be out milling around on most days of Pride week. I've barely looked at events so far. But I think Butch Femme Salon might be having another Pride event so imagine we'll be going to that!

Edit: and here it is. http://buddiesinbadtimes.com/pride20...er-the-covers/

For those who have never been to Butch Femme Salon before, it's well worth it! We go pretty often and have never been disappointed.
Ender, I've not been to Butch Femme Salon, but was given the impression it was mostly younger folks...is this the case, I would certainly like to embrace my community...given it's hard to find the b/f dynamic anywhere...
SaltyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SaltyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #9
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyButch View Post
Ender, I've not been to Butch Femme Salon, but was given the impression it was mostly younger folks...is this the case, I would certainly like to embrace my community...given it's hard to find the b/f dynamic anywhere...
Hmm it depends on the event. Some events its more of a mixed crowd, while others its mainly butches/femmes in their 20s and 30s (I would say on average many in their late 20s and 30s) with a minority of butches/femmes who are 40+.

The good thing is that events have a few different components. Often start off with just laid back mingling, people having drinks, chatting etc., and then later comes the show. The show ranges from burlesque (featuring femmes, butches, more androgynous and trans folks) to drag shows (mainly drag king shows, and often the Yes Men who are a huge hit if you haven't seen them before). Afterwards there's a dance party, but we often just go for the show ourselves. They also have a photo booth sort of thing where you can have a photo shoot of sorts done and they provide you with all kinds of fun/outrageous props.

I would suggest if anyone hasn't been and think it might appeal to them then its worth checking out, at least for the main show which is always quality and a lot of fun. Cover is also pretty cheap and for those who are low on cash they also have a PWYC policy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #10
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Did others get in any Pride stuff? Basically just went to the Night March, Butch Femme Salon (was great!), Trans March, went to watch my partner march in the Dyke March and also went to see the Yes Men perform on Saturday night.

A decent Pride but way too crowded...much more than usual. Also occasionally annoyed by the excessive amount of straight people with "straight" stickers and "straight but not narrow" body paint. Usually they only come out in numbers on the Sunday for the parade, but unfortunately this year they were at much more events :s Definitely an uncomfortable vibe on a few occasions. If you're really an ally you don't need a sticker or a sign to say that you are as though you just want to tell the world "I'm not one of them." Also obnoxious, loud straight cis men = fail.