Old 02-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
jules5041

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
do not disturb...

jules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputationjules5041 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Victoria, British Columbia

Hi!

I am thrilled to be going to Victoria, British Columbia in May 2013. I was wondering if anyone on the site was either from there or had been there. I look forward to hearing from you!!!

Jules

Pacific Northwest Bound May 2013
jules5041 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jules5041 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Victoria is one of my favourite places in the world. Spent a lot of time there one year when I was dating someone who lived in Vancouver. It is a great city. Hope you get to meet up with some folks! Enjoy!
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules5041 View Post
Hi!

I am thrilled to be going to Victoria, British Columbia in May 2013. I was wondering if anyone on the site was either from there or had been there. I look forward to hearing from you!!!

Jules
I've been wanting to head up that way for a long time, I visited there about 15 years ago, and absolutely loved it, but I haven't been interested in traveling alone. Are you traveling for business or fun? I might be interested in meeting up with a fellow femme. Just a thought I had when I saw your post.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

I live in Vancouver and I've been to Victoria before, although it's been a few years since I visited. We had tea at the Fairmont Empress hotel- a little pricey, but really fun. I highly recommend that if you can swing it. I also visited the Emily Carr, mostly because I was told it was haunted, but then they wouldn't let me in the haunted room.

There's a decent sized mall right downtown as well, if you want to do some shopping. I don't know what size you are, but if you're a 14/16 or under, there's a cute little store called Plum. They're a small local chain, and they do most of their clothing design and development here in British Columbia.

You'll have fun! Just be sure to bring an umbrella.
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

I've been there numerous times, I was going to move there but decided the island was too far from my Grandbabies.

Butchart Gardens is one of my favourite places to visit and it will be beautiful in May. Also Fan Tan Alley in China town, it reminds me of that alley in the Harry Potter movies. You sneak between some buildings and it opens up to a bunch of cute shops.

There is so much to see and do there. It is just a gorgeous location to visit.

http://www.tourismvictoria.com
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
canadianmusician

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him/He/His
Relationship Status:
Poly & D/s

canadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputation

I live in Vancouver but have been to Victoria. Absolutely beautiful! And I love the ferry ride in between! It's gorgeous....you'll be quite close to the Gulf Islands, which are amazing.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #7
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Made a visit to Victoria last fall and loved, loved, LOVED it!! Hope to go back soon

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #8
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Lived there for 3 years. Lovely place to visit. especially sooke pot holes, up the road a ways.

Gonzales Beach is a locals' beach in Fairfield/Gonzales area and it really, really nice. It's by the dallas road grave yard, which is also very pretty. Crescent road.

Look up Gonzales beach on Google Maps and go there for a few hours one afternoon. It's very chilled out with very few to no tourists as it's usually just the locals. I lived 3 blocks from it and loved it.

Also check out Light house park and the burial cairns all over.

I went to UVic there and did anthropology. It's a beautiful place.

The two gay clubs are Paparazzi, which used to be called BJ's when I lived there, and The Ledge in the Bedford Regency Hotel. I have no idea what that one is like but I've heard it's good by some mates who live there.

If you have never had a cream tea, victoria has many places to get one (it's a set lunch of little treats and tea). If you want an experience, go for the one at the Emperess Hotel in the inner harbour.

Also just round the corner from the inner harbour, is the house boat community which is fun to stroll through. By Laural Point Park.

Have fun!
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2014, 10:03 AM   #9
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I am heading out to Victoria BC, alone with my pup, by car, from Ottawa in mid June. I'm going out on a house-hunting and like-minded- community search. My intention is to buy a condo or house and move out there.

I'm coming round to the idea that Victoria is where I want to live however my biggest obstacle is that don't actually know anyone out there .

If anyone on BFP is from there, currently living there, or has contacts there, I'd very much like to hear from them. I'll happily return pvt messages with my contact info.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #10
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Hey collette, I've lived there and went to University there. I do strongly suggest, because it is a very tight community in the dykey sense, with a very particular world view, that you spend as long as you can getting to know the community there where you are vacationing before making up your mind. It will be highly suitable for some folks, and really, really not livable for others.

I'm just headed into my exams but willing to tell you what I know
Old 04-15-2014, 09:07 PM   #11
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks HB. Whenever you're free, I would love to hear all about it; either here or through private.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:29 PM   #12
Torchsong3

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
orphaned

Torchsong3 is on a distinguished road
Default Are there bars in Victoria where a femme might find available butches?

...or any meeting places? I will be in Vic May 30th for a week visiting my son.
Torchsong3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:55 PM   #13
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Victoria is small and there is one gay venue. There was two, very briefly, but one closed last year. Paparazzi is the only one that I know of, unless a now one has opened.

http://www.paparazzinightclub.com/

I don't know about picking up butches in it though. You will likely have more luck arranging a meet in advance with a butch in victoria via POF. Keep in mind many of the them don't call themselves butches in the ads. Or in person. The term here that people use instead of butch is Genderqueer. There are less "rules" to it, so many have opted out to the term. Most of the dates that I've been on, they don't talk about IDing as butch. It isn't really a topic of conversation, but they will, if pressed. I do note it causes people some stress. It's best to be blunt about what you like (strap ons, masculinity for example) than to use a term. In my experience.

But go on POF, make a quick, two paragraph profile about visiting victoria, set your local as victoria, and scan to see if you like anyone and send a message. it's much easier to meet people off there if you say hi, love your profile, I'm visiting soon, etc first, I find.

Or, you can try the night club.
Not sure if there with be butches in the fri or sat night you go or how old they will be or if they are taken, but there might be a chance.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #14
stepfordfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme-inist.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones :)
Relationship Status:
I really really like someone.

stepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Relaying a message....:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchsong3 View Post
...or any meeting places? I will be in Vic May 30th for a week visiting my son.
My butch lived in Victoria until last year so here's the scoop

The only really gay friendly bar is paparazzi as HB has said. Ledge is closed.

Hush is gay friendly but it's a dance club with loud house/dance music.

Good luck