Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #2021
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

Today I did 1 hour step extreme and 30mins of 1'hour bokwa. I intended on doing the full hour until I twisted my ankle. my intentions of going to the gym for the next few days have now changed to taking it easy. Though I probably should stay laid up, I intend on leisurely walking around my neighborhood with my yellow lab gracie until I can get back to the gym.
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2014, 07:10 AM   #2022
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondrose View Post
Today I did 1 hour step extreme and 30mins of 1'hour bokwa. I intended on doing the full hour until I twisted my ankle. my intentions of going to the gym for the next few days have now changed to taking it easy. Though I probably should stay laid up, I intend on leisurely walking around my neighborhood with my yellow lab gracie until I can get back to the gym.
awww feel gooder soonly!!!

I have been doing my yoga every day. It's amazing how my back and hips just stopped hurting once I started it again...

I forgot to do my ab/squat and back challenge yesterday but today is another day...
Old 12-09-2014, 09:25 AM   #2023
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good workout this morning, even though the sky is trying to wash us all away.

T33, random program, levels 6-9
Stats: 318 cal, 2.58 mi, 45:00 min
Intervals: 6 @ 60 sec @ 5.3 mph, 1 @ 90 sec @ 5.3 mph

I did lower body circuit training today. Things were humming along nicely and then there was a fly. Not a fly fly but a human fly. You know; the ones who want the machine you are on and kind of buzz around until you get off. Geez. Do something else and come back to it. That's what I do. Don't pressure the people trying to get their sweat groove on. It takes the enjoyment out of beating oneself up.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #2024
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
awww feel gooder soonly!!!

I have been doing my yoga every day. It's amazing how my back and hips just stopped hurting once I started it again...

I forgot to do my ab/squat and back challenge yesterday but today is another day...

Thank you. Things feel much better today. Certainly not 100% yet, but I still plan on strolling the neighborhood.

Don't forget to do your challenges today
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2014, 06:22 PM   #2025
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Ran 55 minutes and walked 10 on the treadmill.
Our third 5k is this Saturday, the YMCA Santa Run.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #2026
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Walked around the neighborhood for 30 mins and completed day one of the ab and squat challenge cinnamongirl is doing
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2014, 06:06 PM   #2027
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

The usual!

T33, random program, levels 6 and 7
Stats: 208 cal, 1.80 mi, 35:00 min
Interval: 1 @ 60 sec @ 5.3 mph

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2014, 06:59 AM   #2028
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

T33, random program, level 7
Stats: 292 cal, 2.45 mi, 45:00 min
Intervals: 1 @ 90 sec and 3 @ 60 sec. All @ 5.3 mph.

I saw Twinkle Toes today and we chatted before I hopped on the treadmill. I also saw another lady not wipe down the elliptical after she got off of it. She then proceeded to move two doors down from me on the treadmills.

This is why I wipe down the machines before I get on them.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:19 AM   #2029
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I have to thank all the posters here....

Y'all keep me honest. On days I feel very meh about exercising, I read and get inspired!

Thanks guys
Old 12-11-2014, 10:41 AM   #2030
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

So I started with my step/weights workout...which is really undefined; I do what I feel I need to work that day and try to hit all the major groups...

I did my back challenge today but not the ab/squats yet. Gotta get back on track after a super long work day yesterday (and another one tomorrow).

Note to crunchers!

I have found that putting a weight (I use a 5lb dumbbell) across my tummy, just above my belly button, makes me somehow crunch deeper and feel it better. Just wanted to throw that out there. I'm not sure if this is a common thing to do or not. It more or less gives you something tangible to crunch AROUND and I think that's why I feel it gooder...I'm not entirely sure. As I say, I'm not entirely right. But if it takes fooling your brain to do something better than usual I say why not

I'm going to seriously look into joining the Planet Fitness that is 20 minutes away from me. I imagine they will have excellent New Year's deals soonly...I need uphill/strength training. There are NO mountains here. And I need to train for some backpacking...god willing...come spring....let it be
Old 12-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #2031
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today I did half an hour on the stair master (300 cal./watched Judge Judy) and then a half hour of weights (leg, arm), abs, back, and balance.

cinnamongrrl, I hold two to five pound weights in my hands while crunching and find it has the same effect. I like to try to find ways to keep things super challenging without increasing time and instead increasing intensity.

Quote:
Note to crunchers!

I have found that putting a weight (I use a 5lb dumbbell) across my tummy, just above my belly button, makes me somehow crunch deeper and feel it better. Just wanted to throw that out there. I'm not sure if this is a common thing to do or not. It more or less gives you something tangible to crunch AROUND and I think that's why I feel it gooder...I'm not entirely sure. As I say, I'm not entirely right. But if it takes fooling your brain to do something better than usual I say why not

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2014, 08:05 PM   #2032
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Still taking it easy on the ankle., so I did 30 minutes on the treadmill of brisk, but not to fast walking. I also did some arm exercises and I completed day 2 of the ab and squat challenge cinnamongrrl is doing

Quote:
Yesterday...

I started the 30 day Ab and Squat challenge I found on Pinterest...

I also started my day out with yoga, which helps my back and hips feel nice and fluid....

Then I did a step/weights workout while I watched a movie...I'm big on multi-tasking lol

NOTE:

While getting the poster for the ab/squat workout, I found one I think I like better. It includes bicycles and reverse crunches and such...I actually like those..

I totally better look like that girl after I'm done with these 30 days...seriously
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2014, 08:20 PM   #2033
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

For some inspiration I recommend following Lauren Drain (Public Figure) on Facebook. I read her memoir about growing up in the Westborough ("God hates fags"/Fred Phelps) Baptist church and leaving it. She left everything she ever knew including all the rules about how a woman should be. She's become so strong mentally and physically- check her out!

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2014, 06:42 AM   #2034
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Good morning, exercisers!

Quickie this morning!

T33, random program, level 8
Stats: 202 cal, 1.73 mi, 35:00 min

No intervals. My inner thighs and groin felt tender last night so I kept it slower than normal and without any running.

As I was coming around the corner to the treadmill, the fans kicked on and a guy on the end said, "There we go! I thought they wanted us to sweat extra today." We had a moment bonding over the temperature.

I told him that they would turn on the fans if someone asked.

Guess who asked this morning?

Yep, that was me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:28 PM   #2035
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Same as yesterday. Still taking it easy with the ankle. I did 30 mins treadmill and day 3 of the ab and squat challenge.

Quote:
Yesterday...

I started the 30 day Ab and Squat challenge I found on Pinterest...

I also started my day out with yoga, which helps my back and hips feel nice and fluid....

Then I did a step/weights workout while I watched a movie...I'm big on multi-tasking lol

NOTE:

While getting the poster for the ab/squat workout, I found one I think I like better. It includes bicycles and reverse crunches and such...I actually like those..

I totally better look like that girl after I'm done with these 30 days...seriously
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2014, 03:53 PM   #2036
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I shook things up today. I slept in and rolled around in bed for a while before begrudgingly dragging myself out.

Then I watched a movie and ate a honey crisp apple with peanut butter.

Then I had a banana after the movie and got ready for the gym.

Workout was good!

T33, random program, level 6
Stats: 221 cal, 1.93 mi, 35:00 min
Intervals: 4 @ 60 sec @ 5.3 mph

Lower body circuit training.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2014, 06:52 PM   #2037
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I did 30 minutes on the stair master (300 cal., watched Vanderpump Rules). Then I did 30 minutes of weight lifting, abs, and stretching.

Then I came home and started to have an apple but it was rotten so I had a banana and dried cranberries (in keeping with Gemme's fruit theme for the day).

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #2038
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

I gave myself the day off since I was wicked tired from my overnight shift (even though it's asleep overnight, I may have been up late gabbing with my co-worker )

I think I will be regretting this though; I pull a 3 day (24hrs/day, semi live in) stretch starting tomorrow morning. I'm rather tied to the house once I'm there soooo

This is gonna be hard to figure out how to get a workout in while I'm on duty.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #2039
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Everyone needs fruit and now I don't have to worry about getting scurvy.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #2040
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
I gave myself the day off since I was wicked tired from my overnight shift (even though it's asleep overnight, I may have been up late gabbing with my co-worker )

I think I will be regretting this though; I pull a 3 day (24hrs/day, semi live in) stretch starting tomorrow morning. I'm rather tied to the house once I'm there soooo

This is gonna be hard to figure out how to get a workout in while I'm on duty.
Do they nap? While they nap, take a few minutes and do step ups and some yoga poses. Is that possible?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights