Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #221
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,311 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I went to the gym three times this week, which is typical for me. And I did my usual routine: three sets of 15 reps on 13 machines.

On days off, I use my exercycle at home. I'm about to get on it now, watching some cable series.

Other exercise in store for the weekend: Carrying laundry and groceries. Walking.

I'm thinking of going to a movie tonight, something scary or suspenseful so I'll tense up and get some isometrics in, even unconsciously.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #222
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,588 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
I'm thinking of going to a movie tonight, something scary or suspenseful so I'll tense up and get some isometrics in, even unconsciously.
^^^ This cracked me up! ^^^
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #223
Joness

How Do You Identify?:
Boi Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boi He His Him Sir Handsome Son Brother Tom
Relationship Status:
Single

Joness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST ReputationJoness Has the BEST Reputation
Talking My Exercise for Today

Morning hillwalk ended up as Breakfast in a lovely vegetarian cafe instead of a walk then had a lovely ACTUAL walk in Crombie Country Park with my favourite walking buddy :-) heard a Woodpecker, seen theeeee biggest Geese in Scotland and laughed so much my tummy hurt and teeth went dry. It rained like a Monsoon, so much so, even my Boxers got soaked. All in all an actual Brilliant day. POW!! Exercise for the day done!!
Joness is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Joness For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #224
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,330 Times in 2,661 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I asked for a referral for physical therapy and I have seen a physical therapist twice.

The first time I saw her, she gave me two exercises, which I did eight times, instead of twenty times.

The second time I saw her, after I reported my perfidy, she assigned three additional exercises, which I have done several times since Wednesday, phew.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #225
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

2 hrs at the gym

1st hour: Arc Trainer, level 25 intensity, watched the usual silly t.v., stuff I wouldn't watch if I wasn't half preoccupied with exercise: a man eats a giant omelette as part of a contest, and "the news."

2nd hour: abs, free weights, yoga, stretching

As I left the gym, right outside I saw Jill (the gym obsessive) standing with a trainer, whose name I forgot- an African American short haired muscular petite woman who Jill is friends with, and the woman trains her. It was fun to see them in their street clothes. I love to muse about these people I see all the time but barely talk to, especially lesbian looking powerful women

It was a great day at the gym, very empty, just the way I like it.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #226
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,372 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
I was planning on taking a breather today, but it looks as though Chessie is going to win, and I see a brisk walk in my future...

Chessie won. I took him to Sellwood Riverfront Park for a brisk walk and a swim. It was so much fun!
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #227
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Filled up a huge, rolling, city garbage container full of litter from the woods. I made over a dozen trips back and forth carrying it. I did alot of deep knee squats, and bends, trying to get each piece of broken glass up, so the animals would'nt hurt their feet. I intend to do alot more of these exercises from now on since I see no one else has been doing them in the woods around here...
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #228
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,248 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I did a strength training workout this morning at the gym. Some arms, but it's mostly squat heavy. I have gimpy knees, so I know it's best, but difficult to get through all the sets! At the least, it makes me feel accomplished.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #229
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,248 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

And me again . I went to our complex's pool and did water jogging for the first time this season. It was cold (pools just opened this week) but it felt good. I like the feeling in my muscles afterwards.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #230
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

50 minutes Arc Trainer, watched the second half of the documentary movie "The Devil in Daniel Johnston" about a bipolar talented musician and artist. it was good but depressing. Jill, the woman who is always at the gym, was trudging up that stair master when i arrived and still when I left! She wears that very skimpy yet proper gym clothing that perfectly fit people can get away with paired with either a baseball cap or the type of hat you wear when it's cold outside. The second choice is kind of odd to me. It looks nice but it's a little weird. Here we both were, Sunday evening, on Mother's Day, walking in circles. She has no love for me, and I imagine that my fat, poorly dressed self is probably distasteful to her, but I still feel a a bond with her anyway, because we are both there, and it's an extra thing I can do while I work out, to muse about WTF her deal is. Why is she always there! Is she training for something?

Then I did ten minutes of stretching and went home.

How do I... ?
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #231
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Chilly bike ride this morning. Wore three pairs of pants and four shirts. Was riding along the river with a strong headwind and I think it was only 40 degrees out. Training with a friend for a century ride.

Will row later today, probably 30 minutes.

Have a cycling sprint/intervals training session with a group scheduled for tomorrow night.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #232
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,588 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Chilly bike ride this morning. Wore three pairs of pants and four shirts. Was riding along the river with a strong headwind and I think it was only 40 degrees out. Training with a friend for a century ride.

Have a cycling sprint/intervals training session with a group scheduled for tomorrow night.

WOW - you rock!

Btw - what's a century ride? *curious*
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #233
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=
Btw - what's a century ride? *curious*[/QUOTE]

Century ride = 100 miles in one shot.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #234
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post

Awesome! Good luck on the century.

Those bloody headwinds; feels like whichever direction I go at the moment there's a headwind

Today's exercise has been nothing more than a mile ride, to town and back, and a few sit-ups. I'm determined to have my 6-pack back by the end of the summer but sadly after recent shoulder damage to the already twice operated on shoulder I can't do planks right now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #235
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Newly back in the game. 30 minutes elliptical and 20_30 minutes working on arms. Yay for muscle memory!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #236
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,311 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Usual gym routine tonight.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #237
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

50 minutes Arc Trainer, watched Judge Judy. Was next to a fierce Asian muscular petite older woman. She is a regular and does a lot of weight lifting. I've never seen her smile or talk to anyone. Once I asked her if I could take the free weights she had near her, and she told me in a direct, no-nonsense way that she was still using them. I asked if she could give them to me when she was done, and she said yes and did. Then I had the free weights another day when she likely wanted them, but instead of pining away for them like me, she grabbed a big weighted ball and started hefting it around with her usual focus. She's the type who doesn't need to be dependent on anyone for anything.

After the Arc Trainer today I stretched for twenty minutes and lifted some weights.

On the way in today I saw Jill walking towards "out" but maybe not actually going out because she was dressed too skimpy to actually be going out. She was talking to someone, maybe a guy, in a jovial way and smiling with him. So I smiled and looked right at her, a bit challenging, like a dog. She caught my eye for that second (because I was a familiar object looking right at her), and I smiled and said, "Hi." She had already been smiling and returned a quick hi. It was quite a boring exchange, but for some reason I love boring exchanges. The gym is a dull soap opera, but it makes the smallest differences in the gym days all the more exciting for me.

How do I... ?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #238
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Well, today my routine consisted of raking and mowing around "The Great Gatsby", a big ol house I share with a femme lawyer . I'm kinda sore after being on my feet most of the day filling up the big rolling garbage container full of leaves, then, rolling it about a block into sections of the woods that need mulch. It's more eco-friendly and cheaper than buying over forty leaf bags. I did this back and forth today about seven or eight times, and am not even half done.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #239
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Hello all!

Does anyone do something like Callenetics or fluidity? (looks easy, but trust me, it's NOT) Or super low key type of stuff like a gentle yoga or tai chi??

Or TTapp?? (this one will kick your arse)

Thanks
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #240
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

a nice long walk and 20 reps on the nautical stuff, only i skipped a couple of machines

for the first time i went into the Fitness Center with other people working out.

HUGE step for me! i usually just walk until the place is empty.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights