Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #61
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I have discovered that baking bread is a wonderful stress reliever for me. No machines, (other than the obvious oven needed to bake the bread in) just me, the dough and a solid surface to work on. Somehow watching that little ball of dough nothingness rise into this glorious mound of temptation begging to be baked...and pounding it back down, only to have it rise up and beg again to be baked, sets me right with the world. Crazy, but it works! Now I have to find someone to give all of this bread to.

Don't even get me started on the wonderful aroma drifting through my house as it bakes.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #62
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Lol! Just re-read this and it sounds like I am making S&M bread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I have discovered that baking bread is a wonderful stress reliever for me. No machines, (other than the obvious oven needed to bake the bread in) just me, the dough and a solid surface to work on. Somehow watching that little ball of dough nothingness rise into this glorious mound of temptation begging to be baked...and pounding it back down, only to have it rise up and beg again to be baked, sets me right with the world. Crazy, but it works! Now I have to find someone to give all of this bread to.

Don't even get me started on the wonderful aroma drifting through my house as it bakes.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #63
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

Watch tv

Have a glass of wine or whatever
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #64
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

Dark chocolate does it for me
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #65
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Listening to music or working out. Depending on how I'm feeling, my choice in music will vary. If I feel like I need to lie down and relax I'll go for something like ambient black metal, traditional doom metal or more ambient or accoustic folk metal. If I feel angry, anxious or generally wound up I prefer more aggressive thrash, death metal, rawer black metal or occasionally some speed metal depending on the band.

Sometimes watching a movie, tv show or documentary helps, too.

If it's later in the evening then I just go to sleep. I find I'm more liable to get depressed, anxious, angry or on edge at night if I've had a bad day. A night of sleep usually gets my head right again.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #66
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Talking to friends. Knowing i'm not alone is this big ole world.

Learning to allow myself to feel fear or pain or disappointment or whatever comes my way.

Allowing all the feelings that swirl around from a hard day...just do their thing.

And then, welcome the peace.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2011, 10:09 PM   #67
Sweet_Amor_Taino

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Exclusively dating,

Sweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST Reputation
Default every night is different

After a difficult day at work I go home take a hot shower. I chant my prayers in front of my alter. I take Hercules for a walk.
I cook dinner and eat dinner. Watch Television go on FB or BFP. I read a bit and fall asleep.
When we are aware that each moment of each day and each step we take,is truly mystical and full of wonder,we will live our lives with greater thought and care, we will also respect and appreciate This moment.
Sweet_Amor_Taino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #68
Lillie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl,princess,her, that girl, she! but mostly just "babygirl"
Relationship Status:
single

Lillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST Reputation

Normally I come home, immediately change my clothes go outside and play with my dogs for about 45 min. Today I drove 1 1/2 hours to pick my dad up from the hospital and bring him home, clean his house, go out and get his meds..help him and reassure him it was ok to lean on me for a change. He has been diagnosed with type2 luekemia. But before that I was so angry at work today because of a hopsice nurse for not doing her job. She is retiring in 3 months and has contracted the worse case of "short timers disease"!!!!. but as I tried to unwind on my way home from pops, I get a call telling me my resident passed away tonight without gettting her comfort meds I was fighting for today from that nurse!..they arrived 15 min after her death!..I am so angry and sad I want to punch something!.. but I just cried all the way home..knowing I did all I could do within my limits today..played with my dogs and now I need to just go to sleep!..

phew..wow that felt good to get out..thanks for listening!

The most expensive jewels I ever wore around my neck was my child's arms

Last edited by Lillie; 05-17-2011 at 10:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:03 AM   #69
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

My dogs taking me for a walk.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2011, 08:11 AM   #70
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

i used to go to the beach when i lived bout 10 mins from it...however we moved further away from it(less than 25 min) now i just keep to myself and go to bed as soon as i can so a new day can start quicker.....sometimes it helps sometimes it doesnt.
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2011, 08:15 AM   #71
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

There would be this little being waiting for me...

AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #72
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

-- Walking, while thinking, walking until it hurts, or I'm tired...Without planning a destination , within reason, and returning when my mind is clear

-- Praying, talking with My Pantheon, ranting raving, respectfully of course{i don't need more problems y'know?}

-- Listening to Music...Loud..Loud...sometimes ground-trembling music, and dancing wildly until I collapse.

-- Long...Long-long-long-long hot Shower, it must be shower..not a bath, the water rushing down soothes within its hot wet embrace..Sometimes I don't notice the hot goes away, those are really bad days...

And finally

-- Make sure nobody is around, human or animal...And scream, shout, kick hit whatever is available, maybe break a few things that aren't exactly important but breakable.

Above all?...And this may sound selfish but, it's me...

I have to be left alone to do all this...The more I'm asked, or nagged, or pestered...The worse I feel, so I usually say "it's nothing I'll be fine" and walk away...
If I do see the other person is hurt because I supposedly push them away emotionally, when I'm calm and collected...I will sit with the person and explain and THEN we can talk about my bad day

Old 06-05-2016, 10:02 AM   #73
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I deal with this problem a lot. But I have learned to take advantage of my 45 minute work commute and try to chill on the drive home. I play old 70's music, smoke a cig if I need it, and talk to the Goddess. When I get to my long gravel lane off the main road, I say Here is the road to my little beach cottage back in the woods!! Then I drive slowly down the lane(I have to its full of huge pot holes! LOL) and once I pull in my driveway, my spouse is up with the door open (I call her when I pull of the highway and come down the back roads) and there are my dogs lined up at the door waiting for me. I forget all about the job by then.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:58 AM   #74
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I hike...and if I'm too tired I at least go sit by the river...and sit...and It helps my mood.

Altitude affects attitude
Old 06-05-2016, 02:08 PM   #75
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

i save my yard work for fridays just so i can unwind, a good nites sleep helps...and if i am still stressed out on saturday morning a movie or a good book helps to get me out of "work mode"

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2016, 12:06 PM   #76
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I pull out the unwanted vegetation growing on my face with tweezers.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2016, 01:30 PM   #77
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Depends on what was bad about it but common solutions are:
  • A good hard workout
  • Good music on loud
  • Cleaning my house
  • Reading- I have a few "escape" books that always can hijack my brain
  • Make a plan for something positive to do, either later that day or even later in the week/month. Something to look forward to and change my focus.
  • See where I can create change in the situation- can I fix what's going wrong.
  • See where I can create change in how I'm reacting or responding to the situation if I can't change the situation itself.
  • Sometimes I just need to laugh - usually with the kiddo. We'll play a stupid game, pull pranks on each other, watch I Love Lucy...

I count my blessings, look at what I have to be grateful for. It's a lot.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2016, 02:05 PM   #78
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

I head for water.... bath, shower, lake, ocean.... kitchen sink, lol
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2016, 03:01 PM   #79
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

My favorite is to just take a nap while Fifth Element plays in the background. Or Blade Runner..... or something really mindless from the 50's and 60's film noire collection.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:56 PM   #80
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Self-appointed Spa

For extra-crappy days:

Come home and shed all clothing and replace with ratty (but soft!) pj pants and a tank top. Pet the doggeh forever. Light some incense. Burn some candles. Sack out in my evil bed with a good book or talk on the phone with someone who makes me smile while covered in a decadent face cream.

Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: