How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

I Spit On Your Grave
Old 12-18-2014, 08:20 PM   #62
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I was quite young when I saw it but, The Shining always scared me silly....

and the original Friday the 13th. I went to camp about 2 weeks after seeing this (thanks dad) and wouldn't go in the water because of the final scene...which...I believe...is the only time you actually see Jason I the entire movie....hmmm

That was back in the day when implied fear meant more than spoon feeding an audience....(hello Rob Zombie I mean you!)
Old 12-18-2014, 08:21 PM   #63
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I love horror movies but one I can NOT watch by myself is The Exorcist movies!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2014, 04:31 AM   #64
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

"The Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock, it scared the bejezus out of me when I was a kid, no movie has quite had that impact since

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2014, 07:39 AM   #65
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

The movie that is still scariest to me is the original: Night of the Living Dead.

The black and white, the slow zombies, the newscasts; all of it adds to the feeling of impending doom.

I think it is George Romero's best.

(I noticed after I wrote this post that I had mentioned the same movie a couple of years ago in this thread).

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner

Last edited by *Anya*; 12-19-2014 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Redundant!
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2014, 12:44 PM   #66
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I didn't find the American version of The Ring to be as scary as the original. The original version actually scared the living crap out of me - that girl.... Ugh. Plus it was the first time certain kinds of unnatural jerky unjointed movements were used in horror and that was an incredible impact. Plus the usual solution of "putting body to rest" didn't work. That evil little girl would not be stopped.

I don't scare easy. I love dark and disturbing thrillers and horror based on tension and physiological twisting rather than gore. Gore puts me off and I get bored. The saw movies bored the shit out of me.

So the original ring and I recall the shining gave me the willies.

I recently watched the Australian film "the Babadook" because it got %100 from the critics and it was a crowd funded first movie from a fabulously ingenious woman. It is incredibly well done and the story, along with the horror, is really well developed and well done. There is no gore, just high tension and plot twists. It's about an evil spirit that entres through a children's book and a child with emotional and anxiety issues and his single mom who is at wits end and misses her dead husband.

I was at the edge of my see with a huge smile on my face from how tense it was. Most of the critics said "genuinely terrifying story" - I wasn't scared personally but it's definitely a favourite of mine now of that genera
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2014, 12:29 PM   #67
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

not sure that it was so much "scary" as just deeply disturbing, was the film Jacob's Ladder. I don't know if it has been mentioned here or not, so forgive me if it has.

The descent into madness/hell is always largely frightening to me.

This scene was the first time I saw the use of freaking body movements/jerks and it has always stuck with me...

Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #68
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah, I love Jacobs ladder. I deeply loved that movie but it gives me flashbacks and anxiety attacks, so can't watch it. His dissociative PTSD flashbacks and reality switching was so close and accurate to what I went through during mine, the confusion, deeply disturbing mental interruptions, violent flashes, the dissociation, the panic... In my early 20s it was just way too close to home.

But it is so well done. I loved that film. Lol I just could t watch it.
I wouldn't really call it a horror though. Physiological thriller - which is one of my favourite genres. Nordic Noir does intensely good crime/psychological thriller. "Let the right one in" "the bridge" "the killing" "troll hunter" "the girl who kicked the hornets nest" "Miss smilla's sense for snow" and a few others. If you don't mind subtitles, Nordic Noir films (not a company, it's just a term for dark, tense, nordic thrillers) are intelligent, wry and fantastic.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2014, 12:30 AM   #69
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

But it is so well done. I loved that film. Lol I just could t watch it.

THIS exactly! I am a huge fan of anything that can keep me guessing...that can keep my fight or flight on full alert! LOL>.. when I can't find it, I make it... grinz...

Let the Right One In.. along with several titles you mentioned are among some of my fav viewed... The Killing (series) I totally loved. was so sad to see it end...

Great taste! Thank you!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2014, 12:48 AM   #70
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Another one that bugs me is Sinister!
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 11:35 AM   #71
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

Hmm.. This is difficult for me because I think most horror movies suck!
And, I'm not one for campy horror
or cheesy horror. If it's going to scare me,
please damn well do a good job.
With that said I have a few horror/thriller
movies that I really like. Although, they have to be realistic
and the possibility of it actually happening..
well to me that is scary enough.

High Tension
Grimm Love

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 11:44 AM   #72
Daniela

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 5,242 Times in 1,243 Posts
Daniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbypoem View Post
If it's going to scare me,
please damn well do a good job.
lol, I'm the opposite. I scare so easily, it's embarrassing. Pretty much any movie with ghosts scares me (even though I don't believe in ghosts)!

I think the scariest movies I've ever seen are probably The Shining and Carrie, but this is prob because I never watch many scary movies. I couldn't sleep for awhile after Carrie.
Daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daniela For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 12:19 PM   #73
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,088 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniela View Post
lol, I'm the opposite. I scare so easily, it's embarrassing. Pretty much any movie with ghosts scares me (even though I don't believe in ghosts)!

I think the scariest movies I've ever seen are probably The Shining and Carrie, but this is prob because I never watch many scary movies. I couldn't sleep for awhile after Carrie.
Me, too. I tried to watch American Horror Story because Angela Bassett and Jessica Lange were (are?) in it, but I was jumping as soon as it started and gave up within 5 minutes.

I can watch zombie movies. Loved Night of the Living Dead ("they're coming to get you Barbara" ... "Stop it, Johnny, stop it") but only as long as the zombies move slowly.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 02:06 PM   #74
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

different levels and factors of fear

I can watch almost any scary/horror flick and be ok. I love candyman for the love story as well as hellraiser. Friday 13th, Nightmare on elm street, walking dead, etc. All good movies. But they don't scare me

now laugh if you must, but the only movies to instill fear into my heart: Leprechaun, and Arachnaphobia.

Arachnaphobia will have me perched on the couch, slapping the back of my head and swiping my arms to make sure a spider isn't crawling on me. Saw it when I was 8, and never again.

and Leprechaun.. well... that's a whole different fear.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:09 PM   #75
WickedFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very Happily Married to Bobbi46

WickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Creepiest scary movies:
The Conjuring scared the crap out of me.
The Exorcist - of course.
The Ring - creepy
Silent Hill - scary
WickedFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WickedFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 02:17 PM   #76
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
but only as long as the zombies move slowly.
OMG! I just laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair!

Yes, those fast moving zombies freak me out. You have to give a mother fucker a chance to reload!
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 04:31 PM   #77
bicentennialjenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

bicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputationbicentennialjenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Another one that bugs me is Sinister!
yes - 100% agree. i could not get this movie out of my head for a looong time. so creepy. the music too.
bicentennialjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bicentennialjenn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 07:14 PM   #78
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

I'm sure I've mentioned this movie before but, it is still the only movie that made me scream "oh shit" out loud. Just freaky!
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrSunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 07:37 PM   #79
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicentennialjenn View Post
yes - 100% agree. i could not get this movie out of my head for a looong time. so creepy. the music too.
Ah yes someone who agrees!!! The thing that got me was the music the most as well.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:51 AM   #80
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Me, too. I tried to watch American Horror Story because Angela Bassett and Jessica Lange were (are?) in it, but I was jumping as soon as it started and gave up within 5 minutes.

I can watch zombie movies. Loved Night of the Living Dead ("they're coming to get you Barbara" ... "Stop it, Johnny, stop it") but only as long as the zombies move slowly.
I loveddd American Horror Story....but the further I got into the series, the more unwilling I got to watch it when I was alone ..I don't scare easily, but some of the stuff gets in your head...and once it's in there, it's very hard to purge...but I respect the intelligence of American Horror, and the acting is amazing. I've ALWAYS loved Jessica Lange. What HASN'T she done well??

I also heard Kathy Bates was in a recent season. Love her too. I have a lot of catching up to do apparently lol. WHEN...I'm not alone...which I won't be any more