Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 06-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #61
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
Considering smoking for chemo side effects. I haven't smoked pot in years. The meds for the side effects have some shit side effects.
Have you thought about cooking with canna-butter? just a thought. I made some and use it for cooking and occasional consumption. I'm not big on pot, but it does help with my Fibro some. I especially notice it the next morning (after having some at bedtime), my entire body seems more relaxed.

Just a thought.

Best of luck to you.

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #62
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,612 Times in 3,973 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I hate the way pot makes me feel in my head but I love the way it helps my body. On very rare occassions when the pain was too much for me to endure and the damn PCP wouldnt give me pain meds, I resorted to pot. I havent had to do that for a few months since the gastric surgery because i had a long script for vicodine but thats almost out. So now I have to use pot or find a new PCP...which I wanted to do anyway.

I hate the feeling of being high. I am also in recovery and have an ethical delimma about using pot, even if it is to alleviate pain. Because I loathe it so much, i dont consider it a break in my sobriety. Its also no different than the vicodine. Its for the pain. There have been times it kept me from chewing my fingers down to the knuckles.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:49 AM   #63
DressyFemme

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Relationship Status:
MARRIED :)

DressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Being disabled....and a caregiver at the same time

I have Adult ADHD (why I lost my job of 9 years... just came up after my total hysterectomy). I also was diagnosed with major depression, generalized anxiety disorder... and am in recovery from binge eating disorder and diabetes type 2. Recovery is going well but I had a complex surgery recently for endometriosis in my pelvis and colon and am going in again Thursday for herniated disc surgery on my lower back. Thank God for the end of pain being in sight...

I find I now have to work part time vs full time because I need to take care of me. Seeing my treatment team regularly takes time! Plus there are days where I just don't want to do anything although not many as of late. But I have to have "me" time for exercise and social activities and recovery.

I'm also a caregiver. My partner also has BED and diabetes, and is on disability retirement after an injury at work worsened into foot ulcers and an experimental treatment caused a foot deformity. She gets SSD and is semi-ambulatory and needs assistance with long distance walking and walking on untreated surfaces. (Snow, ice). It's been a huge adjustment for both of us as we were both active beforehand. Some days we just stay home; others I get out of the house and assist with shopping, picking up meds, and acting as her POA and health care proxy. (Really glad we set up that paperwork when we did).

I'm in process of going back to work after surgery. I'm worried about my partner being alone while I'm at work and wish I was financially independent but life hands you what you can deal with I guess.

Any other disabled caregivers here? I salute you for your love and dedication.
DressyFemme is offline   Reply With Quote