Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 05-12-2015, 04:06 PM   #81
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Season 3 of House of Cards was different than the others. Robin Wright hit her stride (I wouldn't mind hitting her stride either, lol). The last episode was awesome.

Just finished Grace and Frankie. Jane F and Lily T were outstanding. Enjoyed it.
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2015, 08:39 AM   #82
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

HoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPacker View Post
Season 3 of House of Cards was different than the others. Robin Wright hit her stride (I wouldn't mind hitting her stride either, lol). The last episode was awesome.

Just finished Grace and Frankie. Jane F and Lily T were outstanding. Enjoyed it.
Yes, Robin Wright was very good in the third season.

I was on the fence about trying Grace and Frankie. I guess you pushed me off of it ;-)
HoldMeSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:50 AM   #83
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone read up about American Horror Story Season 5?

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:53 AM   #84
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Mad Men!!!!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2015, 03:41 AM   #85
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Okay y'all - this isn't television but check out the New Deep South reality web series - the first episode has a rather darling and very young lesbian couple who are trying to have a baby - it's like lesbians in Eden before the fall - hope they make it but wow they are young - http://www.thefront.com/new-deep-sou...de1-instababy/

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2015, 07:22 AM   #86
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I thought Season 1 of House of Cards was awesome; not so much Seasons 2 and 3. I'm not even sure I would/will watch if there is a Season 4.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:24 AM   #87
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMeSteady View Post
I've just binged watched the craziest U.K. series called Utopia. It's about people obsessed a graphic novel and conspiracy theories. I'm pretty psyched to watch the second season. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/utopia Anybody else seen it?
I was watching the U.S. version of the show; it didn't make it unfortunately. I was rather caught up in it so was sad to see it end.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
Old 11-04-2015, 07:27 AM   #88
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddin' View Post
man oh man i LOVE wentworth. can't wait fo' season 2 to start ova here in nz.
[/size]
Wentworth is amazing, but so far I haven't been able to find Season 3.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:28 AM   #89
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:
I understand what you mean about House of Cards but...still compelling TV and good to see Wright and Spacey.

See Downton and suspend commentary on class...another show that is better than film

YOu know, I am embarrassed to say: never saw The Wire, might have to binge about it
The Wire -- I caught it somewhere in the middle of it's run, went back and caught up; and then binge watched it again earlier this year!

Old 11-04-2015, 07:30 AM   #90
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
My 2 all-time fave televised shows: The Wire and Deadwood.
I really liked Deadwood as well, quite different from the "aw shucks, ma'am" Westerns we normally see.

The Following User Says Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2015, 07:38 AM   #91
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

From the past: Six Feet Under - probably my favorite series of all time (HBO).
Also loved E.R. ... way back in the day.
Rome (HBO)
Deadwood (HBO)
The Following (Season 1)
The Newsroom (HBO)

Current favorites:
The Walking Dead (AMC)
The Leftovers (HBO)
Hell's Kitchen
Master Chef
Top Chef
Project Runway
The Good Wife
The Amazing Race
Next Food Network Star
Chopped
Throwdown with Bobby Flay
World Series of Poker
World Poker Tour
Law and Order SVU
Face Off

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2015, 02:35 PM   #92
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
...Looking. new series HBO. Waiting to see how I feel about it. A quick 30 minutes of entertainment.

I caught a few minutes of this show and it looked like something I would like to watch. I'll have to figure out a way to catch up on all of the episodes.

Old 11-07-2015, 03:17 PM   #93
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Old School

Dark Shadows (1966-71) is one of the best shows ever created. It still takes my attention from most of the stuff that is out today. So does I Love Lucy!

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2015, 04:14 PM   #94
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoseagrl View Post
Dark Shadows (1966-71) is one of the best shows ever created. It still takes my attention from most of the stuff that is out today. So does I Love Lucy!

I have fond memories of it!

I also loved Night Gallery

Old 11-07-2015, 09:15 PM   #95
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post

Looking. new series HBO. Waiting to see how I feel about it. A quick 30 minutes of entertainment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks View Post
I caught a few minutes of this show and it looked like something I would like to watch. I'll have to figure out a way to catch up on all of the episodes.

As per my usual TV luck: I read recently HBO is cancelling it!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 09:47 PM   #96
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation
Default WENTWORTH

For somer reason I resisted starting to watch this show. Totally excellent
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2015, 02:17 AM   #97
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:
For somer reason I resisted starting to watch this show. Totally excellent
It's really an excellent show, much better than I actually expected.

Old 11-08-2015, 03:57 AM   #98
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't resumed watching my shows this Fall for some reason. I haven't really caught Arrow or The Flash or The Good Wife. I guess I will catch up at some point. I haven't checked out Grey's Anatomy this season either. I can't believe they killed off Derick. I will start watching The Americans when it comes back on in a couple months. And Person of Interest.

I am watching The Voice and The Great British Baking Show. Vet School. Trying to think what else? Not much. More stuff on Netflix. And I am reading more. I rewatched all of Charmed on Netflix a couple months ago. For like the ninth time. And before that all of Leverage. I like to watch shows on Netflix that I already know. Not sure why. Watching Buffy now.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:31 AM   #99
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

I recently "cut the cord", so I no longer have cable. Now I stream everything through Roku or my Wii. I binged watched Girls on HBO. I think this is the last season of it, which suck, because I LOVE the show!!

The Following User Says Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2016, 06:05 PM   #100
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I don't think I have posted about this before.

There is a really absorbing series on Sundance TV called Gomorrah. It is in Italian with English subtitles. If you have a chance to catch it, it is worth a watch, from the beginning.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: