Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-30-2014, 08:26 PM   #4041
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
Has a sign up list happened yet? Did I over-read it and didn't see it? Or am I just being paranoid?
You're being paranoid. As usual.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2014, 09:11 PM   #4042
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know about all of you, but I'm hooked on projects. I'm going to throw this out and if more than me likes this idea, I'm going to give it a whirl.

How about a project before the July project? I have ideas!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2014, 09:22 PM   #4043
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I'm down with that, Besame! Go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
I don't know about all of you, but I'm hooked on projects. I'm going to throw this out and if more than me likes this idea, I'm going to give it a whirl.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2014, 09:25 PM   #4044
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Can't hurt to throw some ideas out there!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2014, 09:31 PM   #4045
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
Can't hurt to throw some ideas out there!
Saw your signature..

it works...
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2014, 09:33 PM   #4046
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I'm down with that, Besame! Go for it!
Me too..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2014, 10:06 PM   #4047
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Saw your signature..

it works...
Thank you. I can't for the life of me get it to work in my signature. I can get it to work in a post, just not the signature. It remains a mystery I guess!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #4048
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I know you all have done inches and half-inchies but can you give an idea of some of the other projects you all have done? I know I can go back in this thread and look but I seem to remember that there might have been a thread like this on the Dash site.

Either way, what was one of your favorite projects? I can see why people love to do this. I had a good time doing mine and can't wait to see everyone else's!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2014, 10:12 PM   #4049
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Thank you. I can't for the life of me get it to work in my signature. I can get it to work in a post, just not the signature. It remains a mystery I guess!

Candy Coated Cuteness on Etsy
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2014, 10:18 PM   #4050
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
You're being paranoid. As usual.
Thank you for your input.
SmartAssQueenie.

Quote:

Let's hear it.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 12:00 AM   #4051
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I know you all have done inches and half-inchies but can you give an idea of some of the other projects you all have done? I know I can go back in this thread and look but I seem to remember that there might have been a thread like this on the Dash site.

Either way, what was one of your favorite projects? I can see why people love to do this. I had a good time doing mine and can't wait to see everyone else's!

A project that I LOVED to do was when we exchanged decorated Altoid tins. We only made one to share with the next person on the list but it was so much fun! I'm made several tins since and they have become cherished 'heirloom's for the recipients. I would love to do one of these exchanges again.

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 12:08 AM   #4052
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sis View Post
A project that I LOVED to do was when we exchanged decorated Altoid tins. We only made one to share with the next person on the list but it was so much fun! I'm made several tins since and they have become cherished 'heirloom's for the recipients. I would love to do one of these exchanges again.

Deb
THAT is a good one!!! I love decorating tins. I enjoy doing more labor-intensive trades where you might only end up getting one back for the one you made, but the results can be really amazing concentrating on one piece. I'd love to do an art swap like that--where each person makes one art piece and gets on back. But yeah--I would be wicked excited about altoid tins.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 04:57 AM   #4053
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

My favorite was amiyesiam's triptych art (quote is below). No theme, but wow...did it get creative with each one I made, and to see each one made by others, was creativity at it's best, amazing.

Hoping others can add to it. Back in the day..2010....to the best of my recollection at 4:00 AM.

Gemme...started us out with Passion. Whatever your passion was, kept to a size of 4 x 5 or 6 inches..Most projects were limited to that size, not numbers of sign-ups, for reasons of postage when you get 10 to 15 or 20 of us. . For me, The more the merrier , because, it is such fun to see what a group of creativity in a postage envelope looks like when opened. Some projects were limited due to complexity, etc.

Themes of "Words", colors, cards, magnets, and whatever you made was with your own creativity, your hobby.
Titles such as Passion, Written Word, Secrets, favorite things, favorite quotes.
We did the color green,
We have made jewelry, and crafts, to the themes...
Spring
Post cards
Photographs
Holiday themes of Halloween, Valentines Day, etc.
Every year we have donated created or fun items (whatever )for a PenPal Thread Basket for the Raffle

and ..the Altoid tins...we did more than one though, like 6 to 10??, for everyone that signed up.(empties provided by the wrangler).

My favorite was amiyesiam's triptych art. It was awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
Time for the next round of fun.

I will be wrangling this one (my first)

We will be doing something different this round.

There is no theme

People will sign up. There is an absolute limit of 10 plus me, due to cost to me. (sorry) sign up will close March 7. You will also have to send me your address if I do not have it. (please assume I don’t have it) Please do not sign up if you don’t think you will be able to finish, usually these projects are just about one’s own time and $. This round involves my $, so I have a opinion!

After sign ups I will be sending those 10 people a package containing the exact same materials! I will mail them out March 9th.

Everyone will have 3 weeks to complete their project (more info below)
Everyone will then mail the completed project back to me with the $5.00. It should be post marked by March 31st.

I will then sort and mail the packages out within 3 days.

The project
I thought it would be cool to send everyone the exact same materials and see what everyone does with them. I think that when it is all done, a lot of us are gonna look at what others did, and damn why didn’t I think of that LOL.

Here are the parameter's of the project:

everyone starts with their base card. It is black. You must use it. It is a triptych card. (google it!) You CAN alter this card, but it must be your base. I gave you extra cards in case of mistakes and a template if needed.

you must use the materials included. You DO NOT have to use all of them. The materials are varied and can lend themselves to multiple directions.

You DO NOT have to make all your cards the same. You can, if you want, make them all different. If you want to make them for specific people, put their name on it.

The only materials you can use that are not included:
adhesives, glue, tape etc

pens, pencils, markers, pastels, charcoals, paints, watercolors, stenciling, and stamping

Last edited by Tommi; 05-01-2014 at 05:02 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 08:56 AM   #4054
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by sis View Post

Deb
I still have all my altoid tins!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #4055
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
My favorite was amiyesiam's triptych art (quote is below). No theme, but wow...did it get creative with each one I made, and to see each one made by others, was creativity at it's best, amazing.

Hoping others can add to it. Back in the day..2010....to the best of my recollection at 4:00 AM.

Gemme...started us out with Passion. Whatever your passion was, kept to a size of 4 x 5 or 6 inches..Most projects were limited to that size, not numbers of sign-ups, for reasons of postage when you get 10 to 15 or 20 of us. . For me, The more the merrier , because, it is such fun to see what a group of creativity in a postage envelope looks like when opened. Some projects were limited due to complexity, etc.

Themes of "Words", colors, cards, magnets, and whatever you made was with your own creativity, your hobby.
Titles such as Passion, Written Word, Secrets, favorite things, favorite quotes.
We did the color green,
We have made jewelry, and crafts, to the themes...
Spring
Post cards
Photographs
Holiday themes of Halloween, Valentines Day, etc.
Every year we have donated created or fun items (whatever )for a PenPal Thread Basket for the Raffle

and ..the Altoid tins...we did more than one though, like 6 to 10??, for everyone that signed up.(empties provided by the wrangler).

THank you.

I am always fascinated to see things I wrote, did years ago. Having just reread my post my first thought was ~I sound so organized and focused. Maybe, kinda, sorta, on a good day

Maybe I will wrangle another one, later in the year. (Maybe means I will think about it, I don't know yet)

Ye gods, I just thought of a brilliant idea! Off to write it down. (insert angel wings and halo here)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 10:22 AM   #4056
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default On my desk

Also have that green card stock fold out box,with a lid with nice words that you made.

Don't know what the project title or theme was,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 10:24 AM   #4057
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Also have that green card stock fold out box,with a lid with nice words that you made.

Don't know what the project title or theme was,
That was ages ago. The letter magnets you did are on the fridge.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #4058
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I would like to do some altered matchboxes and fill them with goodies that are colour oriented as a theme.

I miss doing those... I know Ms. CCB could explain them better than I. But I have a lot from previous trades.

I'd also enjoy another tin trade too!! Yay!!
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #4059
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Yes! amiyesiam's was my favorite, too. It was great seeing what everyone did with the same supplies.

I also loved Jennifer's "Risk" project. We had to do something that we hadn't done before or didn't do well. I was super nervous sending it in, but proud of trying something I wanted to do, but knew I was very good at. Screw perfectionism!

I have enjoyed every project we do. The pages for the reunion scrapbook raffle project (P-L-A-N-E-T) were fun and wish I could have seen the finished project.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #4060
stepfordfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme-inist.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones :)
Relationship Status:
I really really like someone.

stepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputationstepfordfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default NEW PROJECT- Please read carefully before committing

DEADLINE IS JULY 15th

This is BOLDED for emphasis as we have a participant that is signing up under the premise that I can meet her travel window.
  • Please do not over commit yourself.
  • Please do not sign up if you dropped out of other projects.
  • Please do not leave people hanging as this is going to be a 1-for-1 exchange. Please do not be late

As wrangler, I'm going to reserve the right to look back at your previous posts and see how you've fared in previous projects in terms of drop outs. You can all PM me if you have any questions about this.

Theme

Puzzles!

Interpret this how you will, use puzzles in your work. As part of your work.

Secret cryptex, decoder keys, 2 in 1 projects, game pieces as artwork, hidden compartments, surprises!

I want to give you all a chance to use your imagination for the piece....Altoid tins, small trinket boxes,magnets, small canvas artwork, business card holders, bracelets, keychains, you name it....

Sizing
All pieces MUST BE no bigger than lets say.....6" x 6" x 6" - room to play folks!

Participation
This is a 1-for-1 exchange. I'd like for us all to get something really awesome!~
I would like to do it by random draw of all participants names--Everyone signs up...then I draw and let you know your receiver.

You can keep it a secret if you'd like and get to know them via posts.

Lets say 5-8$ American to cover postage. Pay what you can.

LIMITING THIS TO 10 PARTICIPANTS MAX

Please ask me any questions before I start the sign up (Will open this up for sign up Saturday AM)

This is my first wrangle so I'd like to get some feedback before we start sign up. I'm hoping everyone is still in!

I will do a sign up post Saturday AM to make sure there are no unanswered questions prior! Thanks everyone!

Tags
artists, creative types