Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default OMG! I Am SOOOOOOO EMBARRASSED!

OMG. I SO embarrassed right now.

I just sent out an email to an ENTIRE account team and accidentally pasted part of a post that I had made here at the Planet into the body of the email.

I got a phone call from someone who was laughing so hard that I could barely understand her.

So what could I do? I contemplated packing up my desk and quitting, but instead, I sent out a "Mea Culpa" and laughed heartily at myself and told folks that "they better be glad that I wasnt reading an article on embarrassing medical conditions when I accidentally copied and pasted".

Things could have been worse, right? Pardon me while I sit here with a red face for the rest of the day.

In the meantime, could y'all make me feel better and post your most embarrassing stories????
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
TeaPartyTart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I think "cupcake" has a nice ring to it
Relationship Status:
shackin' up

TeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

I just sent out an email to an ENTIRE account team and accidentally pasted part of a post that I had made here at the Planet into the body of the email.

I got a phone call from someone who was laughing so hard that I could barely understand her.

So what could I do? I contemplated packing up my desk and quitting, but instead, I sent out a "Mea Culpa" and laughed heartily at myself and told folks that "they better be glad that I wasnt reading an article on embarrassing medical conditions when I accidentally copied and pasted".

Things could have been worse, right? Pardon me while I sit here with a red face for the rest of the day.

In the meantime, could y'all make me feel better and post your most embarrassing stories????
Poor thing! In the interest of fully understanding your pain, care to share your pasted passage?

Much BFP love.
TeaPartyTart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeaPartyTart For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaPartyTart View Post
Poor thing! In the interest of fully understanding your pain, care to share your pasted passage?

Much BFP love.
HA!

It went something like this:

"Team,

The XXXXXX job has finished on XXXXXXXXXX. The following errors were found on datagrid XXXXXXXXXX:

(and there was a list of grid errors, but RIGHT in the middle, it said

"I also know that Andrew wasnt trying to trigger anyone and started this thread from a place of analysis rather than from morbid laughter.

With that said, I have been fascinated with the process of life and death since I was a child. I was even taken to the school counselor when I was in the 4th grade because my teacher was having career day and was horrified when I told her I wanted to be a Funeral Director."

Color me blushy.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Well, at least you weren't posting about poo.

Words (always one for looking on the bright side)
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

If it makes you feel any better, I once accidentally sent an email with this link:
http://www.holytaco.com/2008/08/04/c...u-go-to-church
to every member, deacon, reverend, administrator, etc. of my local church.

It was not good.
Sent the apology email, etc.
I can't tell you how carefully I check the address and "cc" when I answer emails now.

Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Cyclopea;23016]If it makes you feel any better, I once accidentally sent an email with this link:
http://www.holytaco.com/2008/08/04/c...u-go-to-church
to every member, deacon, reverend, administrator, etc. of my local church.

[quote]

cyc,,, why would a minister find the signs offensive..the ads perhaps but the signs........
send me some when u get them
Old 12-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #7
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
HA!

It went something like this:

"Team,

The XXXXXX job has finished on XXXXXXXXXX. The following errors were found on datagrid XXXXXXXXXX:

(and there was a list of grid errors, but RIGHT in the middle, it said

"I also know that Andrew wasnt trying to trigger anyone and started this thread from a place of analysis rather than from morbid laughter.

With that said, I have been fascinated with the process of life and death since I was a child. I was even taken to the school counselor when I was in the 4th grade because my teacher was having career day and was horrified when I told her I wanted to be a Funeral Director."

Color me blushy.
Oh, that's not bad at all! I was imagining much worse.

For myself, I get embarrassed whenever I do something that, if I were an onlooker watching me do it, I'd think I was a dumbass. Hence, I do a lot of stuff that embarrasses me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #8
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

I have no idea what you're talking about. I've never made such a mistake and take the fact that you have to mean tha

Girl, I know what you mean... that Medusa is always trying to get people to like her. Can you believe her with that OMG thread? Whatever!

t you don't respect the people you work with enough to double check your work. I mean seriously, who on earth hits reply without checking their work??
Old 12-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #9
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation
Default BLUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday morning A after being on back to back to back calls for two hours.. I got aa gift basket order..

one order..

or so I thought when I started the call..

It turned into 22 gift basket orders all sent to different addresses..

BLINK...

So... I know that some of you might have a hard time beliving that I have a spelling problem... I know.. I know.. I hide it so well...

Anyway,

Because of this lil issue, I always over verify ANY word that I am not 120% sure of..

Some where between the 4th and 8th I stopped verifying the spelling of things... Then I started again..

So I complete the order, head off to break, come back to start the next set of gift baskets to be entered.. (I got smart and asked them to be emailed to me..)

In my inbox? THREE frantic emails from my customer...

First one..

PLEASE CALL... SPELLING ERRORS

Second one..

MASSIVE MISSPELLINGS, PLEASE CALL..

Third one..

PLEASE CONTACT ME RE: MISPELLINGS IN ORDER..

*BLUSH*

There is a list of five orders that have typos..

One or two on each order... Simple as forgetting to put a E on the word suite.. Things like that..

But not very professional looking..

I wanted to walk out of my job, ignore the emails, hide under my desk..

Instead I had to respond to my customer... ugh.. I hate eating crow...

I told her I was horrified and would contact my suppliers and get everything fixed..

So.. I had to eat crow with my suppliers and throw myself on their mercy...

Kay.. that taken care of.... I get down to entering the second grouping of gift baskets... Tripple checking everything before submitting it..

Well.. except leaving out a D in one clients last name..

Oh.. the second batch? Same client..Same supplier...

ya... RED faced.. I had to Mea Cupa a second time..

ugh....

Thank goodness peak is over...
Old 12-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #10
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Ha!!!! Hugs!~

Glad to.

So one day I went to the tanning bed and it was unvelievably hot in there. When I got out, I just could not imagine putting my bra and panties back on and decided my loose sundress would suffice.

How wrong I was!

I walk out the door and a giant gust of wind blew my dress into my face.
Yes, there I was on the side walk pretty much naked.

I walked straight to my car and drove away.

I did not finish up the rest of my tanning package.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #11
Jack
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/15/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Single

Jack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant futureJack has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
Ha!!!! Hugs!~

Glad to.

So one day I went to the tanning bed and it was unvelievably hot in there. When I got out, I just could not imagine putting my bra and panties back on and decided my loose sundress would suffice.

How wrong I was!

I walk out the door and a giant gust of wind blew my dress into my face.
Yes, there I was on the side walk pretty much naked.

I walked straight to my car and drove away.

I did not finish up the rest of my tanning package.
Choking with laugher at this one rofl
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:55 AM   #12
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Yeah well when you wake up and send your daughter a text that was intended for the person you were sexting with the night before - THEN you can be embarrassed. Oh, the horror! I tried to make up a believable story. She didn't buy it. Instead she said, "OMG mom - that is just wrong - you totally made me drop the phone and I almost threw up!" THAT is embarrassing!
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to adorable For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 08:34 AM   #13
Lillie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl,princess,her, that girl, she! but mostly just "babygirl"
Relationship Status:
single

Lillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST ReputationLillie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorable View Post
Yeah well when you wake up and send your daughter a text that was intended for the person you were sexting with the night before - THEN you can be embarrassed. Oh, the horror! I tried to make up a believable story. She didn't buy it. Instead she said, "OMG mom - that is just wrong - you totally made me drop the phone and I almost threw up!" THAT is embarrassing!
THIS one cracked me the hell up!...thanks for a funny ass start to my day..

Lillie

The most expensive jewels I ever wore around my neck was my child's arms

Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:15 AM   #14
StoneFinn

How Do You Identify?:
Transgressive Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine
Relationship Status:
hog-tied with love

StoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST Reputation

So, I was taking her out for dinner for the first time. I was still young and wearing a wallet chain. Not just a "wallet chain" but the Old School Industrial-Punk Wallet Chain. Nice, solid heavy links... what hung in a nice drape... down to my knee.

I held her chair out for her, tucking her in as she sat. I took my seat across from her, and we ordered. I was terribly nervous. I decided that I *needed* to go wash my hands-- anything to settle my nerves down a bit. I excuse myself, and get up from my chair.

The washroom is across the dining room, but I have to go around the table and go by her chair to head toward the door. So, I get up, and with much more "intent" or "focus" than I thought that I was putting in to it, I move to head towards the washroom.......

except...

my Screw-The-Establishment-Walletchain has hooked on to a rather solid part of her chair unbeknownst to me, and with the speed and finesse of a magician pulling the tablecloth out from underneath the crystal-- I yank her chair right out from underneath her, and take it with me for about 2 to 3 steps before I realise just what has happened.

I apparently turned so red that I was purple, and that I believe that so much blood was going into me blushing that I have no memory of what happened next.

(apparently, though, she forgave me... and considered me "endearing" as that wasn't our only date! lol )

(oh, and no-- no more walletchains.)

"If I were to think of and dwell on disastrous possibilities, I could do nothing. I throw myself headlong into my work, and come up again with my studies; if the storm within gets too loud, I take a glass too much to stun myself." ~~ Van Gogh
StoneFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to StoneFinn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #15
lyric

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
quiet and content

lyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToXiC View Post
-looks around to see if lyric is watching-

Holy hell... yes, I'm watching. God, that sounds bad!

I got a kick out of teasing you... which I thought was pretty funny because the no eye contact thing was either cute... or very, very weird. However, it wasn't nearly as funny after we figured out the microphone was on... because I knew just how bad I sounded, and she had no context clues with which to figure out what was going on! LOL

I think your telling this story just might be one of the most embarrassing things that's happened to me in a long time!
lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lyric For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #16
lyric

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
quiet and content

lyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputation

AND now that work is over and I have more time... I wanted to add... the whole no eye contact thing was freaking me the hell out. I thought I played it off in a teasing way, with the nudges and the whole "why won't you look at me" and "is something wrong" and whatever else I said that probably didn't sound as teasing as I meant it to but probably completely betrayed how much I was freaking out on the inside... LOL
There was a past occasion where I'd met someone from online who actually said to me, "You're not really what I was expecting. I usually don't go for girls who are overweight like you are." so when Toxic continued to stare straight ahead... at her phone... at the sky... at a telephone pole... I was like, WTF?! Is it my ass? LOL When Toxic pointed out that I'd performed this little display in front of a microphone, I gracefully excused myself so that I could go outside and have a heart attack all by my lonesome.

On other occasions, I've mis-sent posts and emails to people, such as the time I emailed a friend about a guy we knew, an email in which I detailed all of the many ways and reasons why this guy was a first class asshole. I was so up in arms that I actually sent it to said guy by mistake, instead of my friend. Another time, I was the emcee for an online graphic design auction for about 80 people. Someone sent me a whisper in the chat that said something like "waving my tinklebug in your face" and I replied in all caps, shouting "YOUR TINKLEBUG!! GET THAT TINKLEBUG OUT OF MY FACE AND PUT IT BACK IN YOUR PANTS WHERE IT BELONGS!"... but I said it to the entire audience at the auction instead of in private to my friend.

Self-degradation comes really easily to me, Medusa, so don't worry. You're not alone!
lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lyric For This Useful Post: