Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Parenting

Parenting This area is for discussing parenting, adoption and anything related to raising our kids!

Old 09-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #41
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance-with-me View Post
"Abuela" to 3 here: almost-17, 6.5, and, newborn, all born to my ex's dd and 3 different babydaddies, all druggies with significant criminal histories.

The eldest lived with us on and off for most of her life, and full time for the last couple of years after her momism her job and apartment due to her pain pill addiction. She's a beautiful petite energetic young woman who is a cheerleader and soccer player. So far at least she has responded to her mom's issues by staying very clear (by HER choice) from alcohol, drugs and sex. She and I have always had an arm's length relationship, both because her mom had huge issues with me and my ex's indulgence when I tried to have expectations of her such as chores and homework before texting and tv! I'm thrilled that we have finally bonded over something - we're both roller derby freaks

The 6yo is my heart. I've raised her as her primary parent since she was 20m but when the ex finally moves out next month, all the kids will go with her - I have zero legal rights. She has shown a strong preference for boy thing since she was 18m old and has rejected all girl thing since she was 3 and talks to me all the time about that she's really a boy. Her mom and my ex (grandmom/guardian) have huge issues with it and try to push her towards girl stuff, even though my ex is a TG butch.

The new baby was born July 29 at just 3.5lbs and addicted to methadone.

So... Not your typical grandma story.
for several years i raised my sisters kids who were all born addicted right along with mine...I know what your going through

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #42
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance-with-me View Post
"Abuela" to 3 here: almost-17, 6.5, and, newborn, all born to my ex's dd and 3 different babydaddies, all druggies with significant criminal histories.

The eldest lived with us on and off for most of her life, and full time for the last couple of years after her momism her job and apartment due to her pain pill addiction. She's a beautiful petite energetic young woman who is a cheerleader and soccer player. So far at least she has responded to her mom's issues by staying very clear (by HER choice) from alcohol, drugs and sex. She and I have always had an arm's length relationship, both because her mom had huge issues with me and my ex's indulgence when I tried to have expectations of her such as chores and homework before texting and tv! I'm thrilled that we have finally bonded over something - we're both roller derby freaks

The 6yo is my heart. I've raised her as her primary parent since she was 20m but when the ex finally moves out next month, all the kids will go with her - I have zero legal rights. She has shown a strong preference for boy thing since she was 18m old and has rejected all girl thing since she was 3 and talks to me all the time about that she's really a boy. Her mom and my ex (grandmom/guardian) have huge issues with it and try to push her towards girl stuff, even though my ex is a TG butch.

The new baby was born July 29 at just 3.5lbs and addicted to methadone.

So... Not your typical grandma story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post
for several years i raised my sisters kids who were all born addicted right along with mine...I know what your going through
edited to correct my grammar here.... my kida were not born addicted...I raised my sisters addicted babies with my children, ended up with all 9 of her kids not all at once however over the years...the last one though when cps called upon me i told them where to go..

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #43
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

My 12th grandbaby at 17 weeks..... smiles

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #44
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

IT'S A GIRL

HER NAME IS SHAY.
19 WEEKS

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Old 10-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #45
LadyRieinAL

How Do You Identify?:
Evolving Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, girl, her
Relationship Status:
found my vibrational match

Thanked 1,214 Times in 281 Posts
LadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST ReputationLadyRieinAL Has the BEST Reputation
Default grandchildren

I only thought I had been in love before and then along came my granddaughter WILLOW!!!!
LadyRieinAL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LadyRieinAL For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 05:33 AM   #46
Darbonaire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
MALE
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Working on myself, thank you

Darbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST Reputation
Default I'm not a....

kid or grandkid kind of guy...BUT, I did & do find joy watching my grand-daughter grow....even though we are miles apart....she will always be in my heart....always !

Jonathan
Darbonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darbonaire For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2012, 06:14 AM   #47
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I can't believe my little munchkin will be two soon!
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2012, 12:10 PM   #48
PurpleQuestions84

How Do You Identify?:
Super Girly
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss.Lady ;)
Relationship Status:
Single

PurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST Reputation

I can honestly say my granmother is my BEST FRIEND ...
Nothing like a bond between a granmother and granbaby

"if you end up a life you never wanted because u listened to your parents, your priest, your friends, and your spouse, you deserve it."

PurpleQuestions84 AKA Barbie Dyke
PurpleQuestions84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PurpleQuestions84 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #49
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

This year for halloween

Audree was blueberry muffin
Aleese was 'brave" Merina i think is her name

Next year
Audree is going to be lemon meringue
Alees - Another Princess of course lol

I am now living with my daughter and granddaughters, they are a blessing to be around and i find moments i am getting to share with them to be priceless and most special.

Audree and I have started reading together currently we are reading "The little Princess" she is enjoying our time together as much as i am.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #50
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post

I can't believe my little munchkin will be two soon!

she favors you. how pretty, and she looks like she's up to something lol.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:54 AM   #51
fever

How Do You Identify?:
stonefemme
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,280 Times in 357 Posts
fever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputation
Default Friday Fun

Took the grandbabies to a Santa Claus Parade at an neighbouring town tonight. We were bundled in blankets, sipping hot chocolate, and waiting for the parade to start. I was feeling so very blessed. I am one lucky grandma.
fever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fever For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2012, 03:46 AM   #52
fever

How Do You Identify?:
stonefemme
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,280 Times in 357 Posts
fever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputationfever Has the BEST Reputation
Default Christmas and Santa

So, what are all of you grandmas and grandpas doing with your grandchildren this Christmas? My gson is 8, gdaughter3, and they are happily awaiting Santa to arrive. Hooray for Barbie Dolls and XBox games!!! lol
fever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fever For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #53
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Yay for grandbaby # 3 coming along....

I have a question though ......seriously i have no clue at this stage in my life i seem to be a bit more on the safer side of life. As in bringing someone into their life, i know this feeling is not the same as when i raised my kids because i raised my kids with my ex husband and my partner and after we split i have been sorta picky about who i bring around my kids even more so who i bring around my grandkids.

This feeling is for sure different and i cant really explain it.

If I am just dating i do not have to worry about that however if i entertain the idea of a relationship I need to know they are going to be accepted in another persons life.

I am a bit apprehensive, because I care..because i am older...because of a whole lot of reasons.

Do any of you feel this too?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #54
oksoftbutch

How Do You Identify?:
Soft butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever floats your boat as long as you don't mistake me for a femme.
Relationship Status:
Single

oksoftbutch Has the BEST Reputationoksoftbutch Has the BEST Reputationoksoftbutch Has the BEST Reputationoksoftbutch Has the BEST Reputationoksoftbutch Has the BEST Reputationoksoftbutch Has the BEST Reputationoksoftbutch Has the BEST Reputationoksoftbutch Has the BEST Reputationoksoftbutch Has the BEST Reputationoksoftbutch Has the BEST Reputationoksoftbutch Has the BEST Reputation

I have a 3 yr old grandson.....he looks just like his daddy in looks and stature....he has his mommas blue eyes.....he is a tiny little guy ....and he loves his grandma......he almost always tells his mom and dad bye bye when he sees me....he thinks he is going home for the weekend with me..... He is my heart....
oksoftbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oksoftbutch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #55
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Shay Madeline Calvert has arrived...and came home today...mommy is doing good also.

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2013, 01:28 AM   #56
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Let them die stillborn.
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Old 05-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #57
wahya
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
im good

wahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputation

My grandson is my heart , I was in the delivery room when he was born , I spent many a nights feeding and burping him, changing diapers,baths, drs appts, parks,pre school, t-ball,skateboarding, etc.. This little boy is now is 7. He is very affectionate which I know he got from me. And his sense of humor. He is smart and the sweetest boy you will ever meet. ( He also has big beautiful brown eyes). I had custody of this little boy while I went through my battle with cancer, he was 5. It was then I got to see his strength courage & compassion. He wanted to help his baba, he wanted to help take care of me, he once rubbed my black( from the chemo) and painful feet and he said I want you to get better so you can one day run with me. That just instantly warmed my heart. Unfortunetly my heart no longer feels warm, It feels nothing now. My daughter has pulled me out of his life. She has done this many times in the past. I have been the best mother I could be to her. I have given her everything she needed and sometimes wanted. She is now with every parents nightmare a psychopath who has turned her against me. She has a daughter with him and of course I have only met her twice. I hope no one has to ever go thru anything like this.
wahya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wahya For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2017, 12:39 PM   #58
StoicStone

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch..............
Preferred Pronoun?:
No preference...............
Relationship Status:
single...............

StoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST ReputationStoicStone Has the BEST Reputation

I have 6 grandchildren. The oldest is 24, the youngest is 3. My oldest granddaughter (22) just told me she is pregnant. I'm going to be a great grandmother! YAY!!!!
StoicStone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StoicStone For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2017, 02:05 PM   #59
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,551 Times in 3,956 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I LOVE being a grandmother! I have a 3 year old girl named Violet and a 3 month old girl named Evangeline, Vi and EV.

I was so stressed when I was a mother. I never felt like I did a good enough job even tho I tried my very best. But I am a WONDERFUL grand mother! OMG...I am the kind of person who comes armed with a sleeve of photos in her wallet.

I bought them each a pony! Yes, real ponies. They each have a playhouse. My house is filled with toys and dolls. We have many more toddler toys than baby toys since EV doesnt stay overnite with us like Violet does.

I love that I only work 2 days a week because the other days are spent with the GC.

I wish I knew how to post a photo. I am such a proud GM!

I am called Bubi...its russian slav. derived from Baba. They call my husband Pops.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2017, 03:57 PM   #60
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,551 Times in 3,956 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

if you are a grand parent, what do your GC call you?
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: