Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-20-2018, 08:15 AM   #41
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Smart!

Facebook certainly has its place with helping get the word out!

And, as you already know, Instagram is HUGE for advertising! I only got into Insta about 18 months ago and have been finding my way around with daily photo challenges. Started a page for the planet about 3 months mago and we are at over 1100 followers already and a LOT of engagement.
I saw an article recently that Instagram has outpaced Facebook as a media growth market and is on par with Youtube as being the fastest growing social media ad platform.

(I love this shit!)

You're very good at this though. Me, not so much. LoL I just want to create and have people appreciate or buy it. If and when I can afford it, I will hire someone to do all this marketing and optimization crap. haha Oy.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:21 AM   #42
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
You're very good at this though. Me, not so much. LoL I just want to create and have people appreciate or buy it. If and when I can afford it, I will hire someone to do all this marketing and optimization crap. haha Oy.
GIRL! You can totally do it yourself without hiring someone! Marketing is a super-passion of mine and I am constantly reading up on new techniques. There are a wealth of free-resources out there!

You are already ahead of the game with Instagram! Definitely take advantage of networking with other photogs and also general art-lovers. If you havent made a storefront for your work, you can find a lot of free sites to host and sell your work on an on-demand basis! And I know folks would super enjoy anything you have for sale!

psssttt...I'd love to see you put together a 2019 calendar of your beautiful shots. Consider on-demand print places like lulu.com (but there are a ton with lower fees too!)

Not trying to be bossy! I just get excited when I see super talented folks blazing up their creative fires
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2018, 08:50 AM   #43
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
GIRL! You can totally do it yourself without hiring someone! Marketing is a super-passion of mine and I am constantly reading up on new techniques. There are a wealth of free-resources out there!

You are already ahead of the game with Instagram! Definitely take advantage of networking with other photogs and also general art-lovers. If you havent made a storefront for your work, you can find a lot of free sites to host and sell your work on an on-demand basis! And I know folks would super enjoy anything you have for sale!

psssttt...I'd love to see you put together a 2019 calendar of your beautiful shots. Consider on-demand print places like lulu.com (but there are a ton with lower fees too!)

Not trying to be bossy! I just get excited when I see super talented folks blazing up their creative fires

You're the best! So motivational. I just may put together a calendar of my nature prints. I'm peddling my services as a children's photographer on my website and Facebook though. That's my bread and butter. Not a lot of people are interested in nature photography, just a small group but that's fine as that's my passion and what I do to feed my creative heart and soul. Support is big though and makes all the difference in your personal success, and it's so precious to know that you have it from your own community. Love.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:20 AM   #44
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
You're the best! So motivational. I just may put together a calendar of my nature prints. I'm peddling my services as a children's photographer on my website and Facebook though. That's my bread and butter. Not a lot of people are interested in nature photography, just a small group but that's fine as that's my passion and what I do to feed my creative heart and soul. Support is big though and makes all the difference in your personal success, and it's so precious to know that you have it from your own community. Love.
Girl you are so right. I have given up on selling my landscape /nature photography as they are honestly a dime a dozen. I just shoot for fun and share what feels good to me. I appreciate the photos that I have sold over the years, that feels so very special, but it no longer feeds my soul, and I know that reflects in the final product. I DO enjoy seeing these things first hand though. A sunrise or sunset sets me on fire.

Photographing children has never appealed to me, so kudos to those who do it, and do it well. I get so disheartened when I see people with an iPhone thinking they can capture a wedding, or have fine skill of shooting children. I’m old and still miss the times when you had to learn how to operate a camera, with film and as photographers, we stood out. You had to know how to drive the damn thing.

One thing to do is find FB community groups and if allowed, post there for your photoshoots. Do some promos and make it fun, IMO part of the whole process is the fun in the actual experience of the session!

I am constantly trying to find ways to be found online for my officiating business. It’s not easy, but it can be done! Learn about SEO and keywords, that sure helps.

I’m new to Instagram and will only use it for my biz, but I am loving it. No new clients from it, but it does highlight my officiating for LGBT couples.

Girl you have an amazing eye. I’ve seen your work, and I am a fan.

A link to some of my work is in the signature of my posts.

Good luck!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2018, 09:44 AM   #45
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Girl you are so right. I have given up on selling my landscape /nature photography as they are honestly a dime a dozen. I just shoot for fun and share what feels good to me. I appreciate the photos that I have sold over the years, that feels so very special, but it no longer feeds my soul, and I know that reflects in the final product. I DO enjoy seeing these things first hand though. A sunrise or sunset sets me on fire.

Photographing children has never appealed to me, so kudos to those who do it, and do it well. I get so disheartened when I see people with an iPhone thinking they can capture a wedding, or have fine skill of shooting children. I’m old and still miss the times when you had to learn how to operate a camera, with film and as photographers, we stood out. You had to know how to drive the damn thing.

One thing to do is find FB community groups and if allowed, post there for your photoshoots. Do some promos and make it fun, IMO part of the whole process is the fun in the actual experience of the session!

I am constantly trying to find ways to be found online for my officiating business. It’s not easy, but it can be done! Learn about SEO and keywords, that sure helps.

I’m new to Instagram and will only use it for my biz, but I am loving it. No new clients from it, but it does highlight my officiating for LGBT couples.

Girl you have an amazing eye. I’ve seen your work, and I am a fan.

A link to some of my work is in the signature of my posts.

Good luck!
Thanks darling. For the tips as well as the support! I have always been a fan of what you do. I've kept an eye on your work over the years. You are a beautiful and soulful photographer. Right up my alley

I love shooting children. There is no ego involved and I'm not much at posing and directing so I pretty much just let them do their thing and try to catch the moment. It's a lot of fun for me.

Ok, well here's my links all nice and neat in one list if anyone's interested. Thanks for the Facebook Likes and Reviews!!!

New Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/faireunvoeu/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/faireunvoeu/
Old 07-20-2018, 10:00 AM   #46
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thanks darling. For the tips as well as the support! I have always been a fan of what you do. I've kept an eye on your work over the years. You are a beautiful and soulful photographer. Right up my alley

I love shooting children. There is no ego involved and I'm not much at posing and directing so I pretty much just let them do their thing and try to catch the moment. It's a lot of fun for me.

Ok, well here's my links all nice and neat in one list if anyone's interested. Thanks for the Facebook Likes and Reviews!!!

New Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/faireunvoeu/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/faireunvoeu/

I’ll find you on IG! Thanks, doll. I am San Diego Ceremonies, so you know it’s me!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2018, 11:37 AM   #47
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Vintagefemme, there's something not right with the world if you can't sell those nature pics of yours! They're so beautiful!
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2018, 02:03 PM   #48
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire View Post
Vintagefemme, there's something not right with the world if you can't sell those nature pics of yours! They're so beautiful!
What a lovely thing to say! Thank you.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:19 AM   #49
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default "eyes"

dee, and VintageFemme, I find both of your photography stirring to the imagination.

I find it enlivening to look at two artist's work and see how they've
"seen" a particular subject. For example, the seascapes, which is no
secret that I love the sea, you each have captured with different "eyes"
and both are stunning in their own ways for me.

dee, your "Lake Ice" photos...I thought at first that they were ice
sculpture that you captured...and of course they are Mother
Nature's ice sculptures, stirred my imagination.

VintageFemme, your seascapes are "quiet" for me, with a sensitivity
that have been a catalyst for a re-surfacing of distant and treasured
memories.

Thank you both for your different perspectives of Mother Nature and
the sea...they have helped me see...feel...remember...and stirred the
pot of my imagination.

Greco

Quote:
I’ll find you on IG! Thanks, doll. I am San Diego Ceremonies, so you know it’s me!

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2018, 09:42 AM   #50
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
dee, and VintageFemme, I find both of your photography stirring to the imagination.

I find it enlivening to look at two artist's work and see how they've
"seen" a particular subject. For example, the seascapes, which is no
secret that I love the sea, you each have captured with different "eyes"
and both are stunning in their own ways for me.

dee, your "Lake Ice" photos...I thought at first that they were ice
sculpture that you captured...and of course they are Mother
Nature's ice sculptures, stirred my imagination.

VintageFemme, your seascapes are "quiet" for me, with a sensitivity
that have been a catalyst for a re-surfacing of distant and treasured
memories.

Thank you both for your different perspectives of Mother Nature and
the sea...they have helped me see...feel...remember...and stirred the
pot of my imagination.

Greco

Thanks, Greco, how nice of you !
Old 07-23-2018, 10:09 AM   #51
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default e

nice of you dee!

Greco

Quote:
Thanks, Greco, how nice of you !

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2018, 06:09 PM   #52
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Does anyone here pay for a Hootsuite account?
If so, what are your experiences?

I am super interested because it seems like it would save an enormous amount of time but I also wondered if it creates more work than its worth?

Reading up on it in the meantime!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2018, 10:08 AM   #53
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Does anyone here pay for a Hootsuite account?
If so, what are your experiences?

I am super interested because it seems like it would save an enormous amount of time but I also wondered if it creates more work than its worth?

Reading up on it in the meantime!

I have to admit, I didn't know what Hootsuite was. I had heard of it but never looked into it. I just Googled it now. There is a free version that you could try and see if it was something that would suit your needs. Ha, see what I just did there? LoL It wasn't intentional. hehe I think for me, it would take away from the experience of spending time on whichever platform I'm using. For me, I'm only on Instagram and Twitter and when I post or even if I don't, I spend time perusing the site and my followers and discovering newness on both, so it's the experience of being on the website and interacting there, that's enjoyable for me. I can see Hootsuite being extremely efficient for a business that utilizes many different social media platforms.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:18 AM   #54
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

How often do you update your website?

I usually update my website two or three times a year. Keeping the look fresh and up to date. Aaaaand, it's that time of year. ツ Not only did I just get a website makeover, I have also refocused what I want it to show of my photography and what I would prefer to share. Here's the link if anyone is interested in visiting: www.faireunvoeu.com The blog is where you will find me sharing my work. Feel free to leave comments and share with your friends! I read this piece below on Twitter the other day and loved it. It's very apropos:
ALWAYS email artists when you think their work is wonderful. Always. You think they know it; they don't. You will make their day (their week, their month). They will become more motivated, and go and create more wonderful art, which you can then enjoy. Everybody wins.