Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 06-06-2013, 04:09 AM   #1821
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,321 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

June 6

Eggshells and Bethlehem

A stable is a place to keep a horse and in fairytales a place to birth a baby, but stable is the story I told myself about you. Solid, a model of strength and here you are a tripod, upright only if the pressure is evenly applied. I blame myself for lopsided need and try to find a way to keep this coupling standing. Stripped down to minor contact I wonder if you actually remember me and then I wonder if I remember myself. This is what is at stake, this is the trophy I lose when I fall for you and you fall down. Where is the girl I worked so hard to create? Broken eggshells litter the nest and I look for the chick I used to be. I fear losing you, I cry at the thought of losing us, I die at the loss of me.

Graft beauty to stability

IN THE MEADOW

Being the only tree in the meadow often leaves me feeling lonely
I tell myself of the camaraderie I imagine in the forest
These images are more poetic than real.

I believe in community and support
I think of the woods as a place apart
From the complications of my exposed life.

I shrug off the very real competition and struggle
From sharing every inch of root space
And the search for each square of sunlight.

There is much joy in being an individual
An eco-system of diversity allows me to fully develop
I can spread my branches and my roots.

I can offer shelter to those in need of my reaching and my shadow
Tender flowers and tired birds find me a haven
I have unique abilities in this field

Space can feel lonely
But it is full of possibilities.
Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2013, 07:39 AM   #1822
tomboystud

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy Daddy

tomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputation

June 6
Recovery doesn’t happen overnight
“The Twelve Steps of Narcotics Anonymous are a progressive recovery process established in our daily living.”
Basic Text, p. 99
––––=––––
After some time in recovery, we may find we are faced with what seem like overwhelming personal problems, angry feelings, and despair. When we realize what’s going on, we may wail, “But I’ve been working so hard. I thought I was...” Recovered, maybe? Not hardly. Over and over, we hear that recovery is an ongoing process and that we are never cured. Yet we sometimes believe that if we just work our steps enough, pray enough, or go to enough meetings, we’ll eventually... well, maybe not be cured, but be something!
And we are “something.” We’re recovering—recovering from active addiction. No matter what we’ve dealt with through the process of the steps, there will always be more. What we didn’t remember or didn’t think was important in our first inventory will surely present itself later on. Again and again, we’ll turn to the process of the steps to deal with what’s bothering us. The more we use this process, the more we’ll trust it, for we can see the results. We go from anger and resentment to forgiveness, from denial to honesty and acceptance, and from pain to serenity.
Recovery doesn’t happen overnight, and ours will never be complete. But each day brings new healing and the hope for more tomorrow.
––––=––––
Just for today: I will do what I can for my recovery today and maintain hope in the ongoing process of recovery.

Copyright © 1991-2013 by Narcotics Anonymous World Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved
tomboystud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:18 AM   #1823
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

June 7

Discussions with my Disease

“You’re not the girl I used to know.”
“Not the girl you used to love is what you mean?”
“You’re different is all I mean to say.”
“The rest you leave there to rot, unsaid?”
“Something has happened to you.”
“Is it something that you do not like?”
“I don’t know who you are anymore.”
“Or is it that you never knew?”
“One false move could break us up.”
“All your moves are false why will one more cause such change?”

Side with the tide

MAGIC WAND

Why are you wearing that hat and waving
That star studded stick, I ask my sponsor?
Isn’t this what you want, a magic wand, she replied?
Whatever are you talking about?
I don’t want a wizard.
Don’t you?
You thought walking into your first meeting would
Poof---make you all better,
When that didn’t work, you held your breathe for 90 days.
When that also proved a disappointment
You let the air out of your blue face
And started the white knuckle routine for a year.
At the end of twelve months, you released your arthritic grip
And started scheming for a new sponsor
But the new wicked witch sent you scurrying back to me.
Then it was a relationship with the undying love
That would break the spell you are under.
Now tell me again,
How you don’t want me to use this magic wand on you?
Said my sponsor with aplomb.
I guess my behavior gave me away,
Go ahead say your incantation.
I closed my eyes and waited for her words.
Show up and do the work
Keep your mind open, she said
As she waved the cudgel.
That’s it----------I asked,
Well yes-- but I have to come back every day
She grinned

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #1824
Daktari

Show up and do the work
Keep your mind open, she said
As she waved the cudgel.
That’s it----------I asked,
Well yes-- but I have to come back every day
She grinned

...and it really is that easy if we don't complicate it with our convoluted heads.

Still in the midst of horrid step four feelings - yeah those damn things! -and getting intense flashes of 'restless, irritable and discontent'.

I'm so grateful for a good grounding in programme from those first 3 life saving steps. Without it and lovely Ms.Sponse (no matter how hard it is to get time with her) I'd be totally lost right now.

No matter how hard it gets and how intense the negative feelings I'm grateful to my HP for the strength and courage to remain clean/sober today.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #1825
tomboystud

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy Daddy

tomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputationtomboystud Has the BEST Reputation

June 7
Someone who believes in me
“Just for today, I will have faith in someone in NA who believes in me and wants to help me in my recovery.”
Basic Text, p. 100
––––=––––
Not all of us arrive in NA and automatically stay clean. But if we keep coming back, we find in Narcotics Anonymous the support we need for our recovery. Staying clean is easier when we have someone who believes in us even when we don’t believe in ourselves.
Even the most frequent relapser in NA usually has one staunch supporter who is always there, no matter what. It is imperative that we find that one person or group of people who believes in us. When we ask them if we will ever get clean, they will always reply, “Yes, you can and you will. Just keep coming back!”
We all need someone who believes in us, especially when we can’t believe in ourselves. When we relapse, we undermine our already shattered self-confidence, sometimes so badly that we begin to feel utterly hopeless. At such times, we need the support of our loyal NA friends. They tell us that this can be our last relapse. They know from experience that if we keep coming to meetings, we will eventually get clean and stay clean.
It’s hard for many of us to believe in ourselves. But when someone loves us unconditionally, offering support no matter how many times we’ve relapsed, recovery in NA becomes a little more real for us.
––––=––––
Just for today: I will find someone who believes in me. I will believe in them.

Copyright © 1991-2013 by Narcotics Anonymous World Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Old 06-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #1826
tomboystud

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomboystud View Post
June 7
Someone who believes in me
“Just for today, I will have faith in someone in NA who believes in me and wants to help me in my recovery.”
Basic Text, p. 100
––––=––––
Not all of us arrive in NA and automatically stay clean. But if we keep coming back, we find in Narcotics Anonymous the support we need for our recovery. Staying clean is easier when we have someone who believes in us even when we don’t believe in ourselves.
Even the most frequent relapser in NA usually has one staunch supporter who is always there, no matter what. It is imperative that we find that one person or group of people who believes in us. When we ask them if we will ever get clean, they will always reply, “Yes, you can and you will. Just keep coming back!”
We all need someone who believes in us, especially when we can’t believe in ourselves. When we relapse, we undermine our already shattered self-confidence, sometimes so badly that we begin to feel utterly hopeless. At such times, we need the support of our loyal NA friends. They tell us that this can be our last relapse. They know from experience that if we keep coming to meetings, we will eventually get clean and stay clean.
It’s hard for many of us to believe in ourselves. But when someone loves us unconditionally, offering support no matter how many times we’ve relapsed, recovery in NA becomes a little more real for us.
––––=––––
Just for today: I will find someone who believes in me. I will believe in them.

I am so glad someone believed in me. I am glad I can believe in others. I love the community we have on here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomboystud For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #1827
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

June 8

Enclosed Space

In the echo chamber it is the cymbals which cause the most pain. The drums resound, deep and loud, but it is the crashing of brass that drives me wild. Cotton wool and sealing wax can not put my head at ease. Resonate walls with their hollow effects create the feedback loops of hurt, like the endless reflection of parallel mirrors the sounds come back to me with relentless repetition. Aural illusion might have been the idea, but chaos is the result and leaving the space between these ears will be, will allow, the band to play on without the benefit of my torment.

Write the stories the clouds illustrate

BOUQUET

I love the flowers in my garden
Their upkeep is my solemn trust
With my shears I must cut
Clear and swift the runners
Which detract from the health and structure.

When fruiting is heavy I must spare the stalk
And choose what stays and what needs to be taken
I am scrupulous in my observation of form and function

The bucolic scene thrives
The pageant of color sweeps the rows
I bend to nurture and stretch to prune
I pay over much attention to the plucking
And forget I need to bring the blooms home.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #1828
tomboystud

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy Daddy

June 8
The only requirement
“This program offers hope. All you have to bring with you is the desire to stop using and the willingness to try this new way of life.”
IP No. 16, For the Newcomer
––––=––––
From time to time we wonder if we’re “doing it right” in Narcotics Anonymous. Are we attending enough meetings? Are we using our sponsor, or working the steps, or speaking, or reading, or living the “right” way? We value the fellowship of recovering addicts—we don’t know what we’d do without it. What if the way we’re practicing our program is “wrong”? Does that make us “bad” NA members?
We can settle our insecurities by reviewing our Third Tradition, which assures us that “the only requirement for membership is a desire to stop using.” There aren’t any rules that say we’ve got to attend this many meetings or these particular meetings, or work the steps this way at this pace, or live our lives to suit these people in order to remain NA members in good standing.
It’s true that, if we want the kind of recovery we see in members we respect, we’ll want to practice the kind of program that’s made their recovery possible. But NA is a fellowship of freedom; we work the program the best way for us, not for someone else. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop using.
––––=––––
Just for today: I will look at the program I’m working in light of my own recovery. I will practice that program to the best of my ability.

The Following User Says Thank You to tomboystud For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #1829
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

June 9

Weight Problem

I have trouble raising my 50 pound hand in meetings. In between meetings I have the problem of trying to dial the 500 pound phone, which leaves me with this 2,000 pound weight on my chest and no air to breathe, no life to lead. There is the difficulty of the relentless tyrant, my would be sponsor, the person I fail to ask. Plus, the home group that does not support me, since they do not know my name. All the while folks laugh and talk and have a good time, I can see none of them have suffered from my weight problem.

Continue to move into your home

CLONING DAYS

The novelty of sobriety causing sweet days
Wore to gauze and I attempted control
I cut, pasted and sutured elements of good living
In an effort to make 24 hours of personal perfection.

I was so sure I could replicate these jewel days
I would make perfect spheres, everything round and even
One after another like a string of pearls
The more I tried the harder God laughed

Days are their own planets
Saturn is different from Mars
And today will have as little to do with tomorrow
If I let it all work out.

Perfection is a thing which is born to live
Not a thing I can draft in a dish or test tube
Life will-out
Or chaos will prevail.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #1830
tomboystud

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy Daddy

June 9
Old dreams needn’t die
“Lost dreams awaken and new possibilities arise.”
Basic Text, p. 91
––––=––––
Most of us had dreams when we were young. Whether we dreamed of a dynamic career, a large and loving family, or travels abroad, our dreams died when our addiction took hold. Anything we ever wanted for ourselves was cast away in our pursuit of drugs. Our dreams didn’t go beyond the next drug and the euphoria we hoped it would bring.
Now in recovery, we find a reason to hope that our lost dreams could still come true. No matter how old we are, how much our addiction has taken from us, or how unlikely it may seem, our freedom from active addiction gives us the freedom to pursue our ambitions. We may discover that we’re very talented at something, or find a hobby we love, or learn that continuing our education can bring remarkable rewards.
We used to put most of our energy into spinning excuses and rationalizations for our failures. Today, we go forward and make use of the many opportunities life presents to us. We may be amazed at what we’re capable of. With our foundation of recovery, success, fulfillment, and satisfaction are within our reach at last.
––––=––––
Just for today: Starting today, I’ll do whatever I can to realize my dreams.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:29 AM   #1831
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

June 10

Abraxas

I was waiting for a magic person and then you appeared. I was dazzled; I was under your spell. In an attempt to prove myself, your natural assistant, I sawed me in two. Then I stepped into the vanishing cabinet and promptly disappeared. I was not wrong to see the miraculous in you, but I never looked from your visage once you arrived. The world around me melted at your entrance and I flowed down the drain along with it. I somehow expected a response from you, but why respond to an empty room? So, I will plug back into myself and power up. Power draws power and I will see if I can draw you once again.

Keep a truce on hand for later use

THE LANDING

Risers and runners lift from where I stand
Here I make my decision
I climb and face the challenges of my life

Each new test returns me to this square
The steps ascend in every direction
No matter how many times I have scaled this set of twelve
I must start anew with even the slightest change of direction

Like facets on a diamonds base
The flights emerge from the tiny base
And hold the world of possibilities
Within their meticulous surface

I look into these precious mirrors
To see who I am and where to go
Though none of this would be possible
Without a place to stand.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #1832
tomboystud

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy Daddy

June 10
Changing motives
“When we finally get our own selfish motives out of the way, we begin to find a peace that we never imagined possible.”
Basic Text, p. 45
––––=––––
As we examine our beliefs, our actions, and our motives in recovery, we’ll find that sometimes we do things for the wrong reasons. In our early recovery, we may have spent a great deal of money and time on people, wanting only for them to like us. Later on, we may find that we still spend money on people, but our motives have changed. We do it because we like them. Or perhaps we used to get romantically involved because we felt hollow inside and were seeking fulfillment through another person. Now our reasons for romantic involvement are based in a desire to share our already rewarding lives with an equal partner. Maybe we used to work the steps because we were afraid we’d relapse if we didn’t. Today we work the steps because we want to grow spiritually.
We have a new purpose in life today, and our changing motives reflect that. We have so much more to offer than our neediness and insecurities. We have developed a wholesomeness of spirit and a peace of mind that moves our recovery into a new realm. We extend our love and share our recovery with complete generosity, and the difference we make is the legacy we leave to those who have yet to join us.
––––=––––
Just for today: In recovery, my motives have changed. I want to do things for the right reason, not just for my personal benefit. Today, I will examine my motives.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:26 AM   #1833
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

June 11

Prize Catch

There is a reason that fish flap and twist when they are caught, why even though they are in the air they fight for the life that once was theirs, only martyrs go without a fight, it is good to know that at least this vice is not mine. When I did not love my life its loss was not an actual change, there was nothing to hold onto, nothing to struggle for. Now I thrash at the feel of my loved life slipping from me. It is good to know I have passion enough to rally a defense. My life can be taken from me, but I haven’t lost my will to fight.

Turn confusion until its smooth

THE PALMIST

Last night I had a silly dream.
I was in a tent at a carnival and the woman across the table
Held my hand so dear, looked into my eyes and said
“Today you will go to a meeting which will save your life”

I thanked her and left full of anticipation.
When I awoke, I was filled with the same strong sensation
I rose, washed and left for the meeting with anticipation.

I paid close attention to the coffee maker,
Those setting up chairs with me and the newcomer
I listened carefully to the speakers
And the sound of the group’s voice closing in prayer

Nothing out of the ordinary happened
Other than my realization that
Every meeting saves my life.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:44 AM   #1834
tomboystud

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy Daddy

June 11
Living clean
“As we recover, we gain a new outlook on being clean.... Life can become a new adventure for us.”
Basic Text, p. 91
––––=––––
The using life is not a clean one—no one knows this better than we do. Some of us lived in physical squalor, caring neither for our surroundings nor ourselves. Worse, though, than any external filth was the way most of us felt inside. The things we did to get our drugs, the way we treated other people, and the way we treated ourselves had us feeling dirty. Many of us recall waking too many mornings just wishing that, for once, we could feel clean about ourselves and our lives.
Today, we have a chance to feel clean by living clean. For us addicts, living clean starts with not using—after all, that’s our primary use for the word “clean” in Narcotics Anonymous. But as we stay “clean” and work the Twelve Steps, we discover another kind of clean. It’s the clean that comes from admitting the truth about our addiction rather than hiding or denying our disease. It’s the freshness that comes from owning up to our wrongs and making amends for them. It’s the vitality that comes from the new set of values we develop as we seek a Higher Power’s will for us. When we practice the principles of our program in all our affairs, we have no reason to feel dirty about our lives or our lifestyles—we’re living clean, and are grateful to be doing so at last.
“Clean living” used to be just for the “squares.” Today, living clean is the only way we’d have it.
––––=––––
Just for today: I feel clean because I’m living clean—and that’s the way I want to keep it.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:19 AM   #1835
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

June 12

Dido

Either I can have a bad relationship that I never wanted or no relationship and the painful isolation of having been lied to and deceived by someone who, in theory, should have been trustworthy. You are off to war and I am agape not having realized until too late that you are a soldier. The fact is that one of these things will occur; you will be killed by a machine which cares nothing for you and sees you as its enemy or destroyed by the organization that sees you as its own or you will throw yourself on your sword and keep from bothering anyone else with this task. There is no scenario where you are the One you promised me you’d be. No homecoming, no welcoming arms to hold me. I stand on the sidewalk a garbage pail of cold water poured over my shock and dismay. To my grief you say that you have heard it all before, so why did you set me up to say it all again? I am heart stricken and cut in a place to obvious to hide and too hidden to speak of. You have no time to talk, no aid to give, no love to spare. I thought I was yours, but see that I have been swept from your life by the flood of a large gauge hose and water of questionable origin. Everything is wet but nothing is clean. This is an unholy act and I am defeated and living in Carthage.

Forgive loneliness

FABULOUS

I don’t care what else is on the inventory-----
You still have to take responsibility for FABULOUS
Said my sponsor with a determined look on her face.

But you don’t understand------
The other things on the list make it impossible
For me to be FABULOUS
You can’t see how incapable I truly am, I say
As I collapse into a pathetic heap in the overstuffed chair.

What you don’t comprehend is that FABULOUS
Is not affected by your other little grumblings
You can’t tarnish FABULOUS
It doesn’t wear away with burden or neglect .

This is why no matter how far you bury it
Or misname it, or even flatly deny it
FABULOUS shines like a beacon
And you end up with every Todd, Nick and Martha
On your doorstep.

Expecting you to be who you are
And let them warm in the glow
So my cherub--you can fight it or live with it
But FABULOUS is here to stay

The Following User Says Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #1836
tomboystud

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy Daddy

June 12
A vision of hope
“Yes, we are a vision of hope...”
Basic Text, p. 53
––––=––––
By the time we reached the end of our road, many of us had lost all hope for a life without the use of drugs. We believed we were destined to die from our disease. What an inspiration it was, then, coming to our first meeting and seeing a room full of addicts who were staying clean! A clean addict is, indeed, a vision of hope.
Today, we give that same hope to others. The newcomers see the joyful light in our eyes, notice how we carry ourselves, listen to us speak in meetings, and often want what we have found. They believe in us until they learn to believe in themselves.
Newcomers hear us carry a message of hope to them. They tend to see us through “rose-colored glasses.” They don’t always recognize our struggle with a particular character defect or our difficulties with improving our conscious contact with our Higher Power. It takes them time to realize that we, the “oldtimers” with three or six or ten years clean, often place personalities before principles or suffer from some other unsightly character defects.
Yes, the newcomer sometimes places us on a pedestal. It is good, though, to openly admit the nature of our struggles in recovery for, in time, the newcomer will be walking through those same trials. And that newcomer will remember that others walked through that difficulty and stayed clean.
––––=––––
Just for today: I will remember that I am a beacon to all who follow in my path, a vision of hope.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:26 AM   #1837
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

June 13

Sanitized

All the water in the well gone dry belongs to me. Such an offer, how could I refuse? I stand as near the edge as I can get and try my best to peer, is the goldfish alive? For you see this is still my best hope, you, the source are also my wishing well, more than just survival you are prospect, neigh dream. You say that what’s left is mine, but you think of it as incidental, not a need, merely a want. Someplace deep, beyond where you admit, you know that life is dependant on desire, but will play mine off as casual when it becomes inconvenient to your drives and blindness. Eunuchs do not immediately perish, but you must confess they do not live. I stand here a lock to which there is no longer a key and whether I am open or closed it doesn’t matter for the partnership of change is desiccated and I do not care for a waterless solution.

Check yourself for false steps

INVENTORY

When you say “self” who do you mean
Asked my sponsor
Do you mean the lovely velvet child,
Or the façade you built to show others?
Well I wish I could answer you, I do, my reply.

I see the shrine you construct in your sobriety
I love that you made it.
When you talk about ridding yourself of self--
I doubt you mean this edifice.

Do you speak of some creature in the past
Do you know of whom you speak
Are you parroting, then assuming this thing exists
Solely for you to now dispose of it?

I thought “self” was self-evident- I feebly interject.
I want names and locations
If you only suspect some of these entities
Please provide me with a full accounting of your suspicions

I also want, to the best of your ability, the origin of these individuals
I am unwilling to cosign their disposal without a proper bookkeeping
I see by the bright look on your face,
I have made myself clear, she said with conviction.
So this is what you meant by self-inventory, I say and sigh.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #1838
tomboystud

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy Daddy

June 13
A full life
“The program works a miracle in our lives.... We become free to live.”
Basic Text, p. 11
––––=––––
Most of us—if we’ve been in recovery for any length of time at all—have heard some member complaining in a meeting about being terribly overworked, too busy for meetings or sponsorship or other activities. In fact, we may have been the complaining member. The days seem so full: job, family and friends, meetings, activities, sponsorship, step work. “There just aren’t enough hours in the day,” the member complains, “to get everything done and meet everyone’s demands on my time!”
When this happens, usually there’s soft laughter from some of the other members—probably members who had planned to grumble about the same sort of thing. The laughter stems from our recognition that we are complaining about the miracle of the life that is ours today. Not so long ago, few of us were capable of having any of these “problems” in our life. We devoted all of our energy to maintaining our active addiction. Today we have full lives, complete with all the feelings and problems that go with living in reality.
––––=––––
Just for today: I will remember that my life is a miracle. Instead of resenting how busy I am, I will be thankful my life is so full.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #1839
tomboystud

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy Daddy

June 13
This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.
African American Spiritual

We've been blessed by our leaders and mentors, men and women of originality and vision, people with the courage to come out, speak their truths, and show through the power of their example more about who we are and what we value.
Wherever we have been, whatever we've done, we, too, have our own particular vision and gifts. Our willingness to share our experience, strength, and hope, whether in recovery meetings or our lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities, is an offering to others like us. We rarely know just what it is that others take away from being with us. As we speak and live our truths, we may be unaware of the importance of the small details that touch, nourish, and begin to heal someone else. Our goal need not be to change others. We must simply let our light shine in the world. Each of us is here for a reason. Each of us is necessary.

Today, I do not hide my light.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #1840
tomboystud

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy Daddy

June 14
Maintaining our faith
“If we maintain our spiritual condition daily, we find it easier to deal with the pain and confusion.”
Basic Text, p. 95
––––=––––
When we first began searching for a Power greater than ourselves, many of us got stuck in old beliefs or ideas. These ranged from the fear of a punishing or vengeful God to no belief at all. Some of us felt we had done such terrible things that a loving Power would never have anything to do with us. Others were convinced that the “bad” things that happened to us would not have occurred if a loving Power had actually existed. It took time, effort, open-mindedness, and faith to acquire a working belief in a loving Higher Power that would guide us through life’s challenges.
Even after we come to believe in a Power greater than ourselves, our old ideas can come back to haunt us. Major setbacks in our lives and the insecurity such events can trigger may give rise to the return of our old, inadequate ideas about God. When this happens, we need to assure ourselves that our Higher Power has not abandoned us but is waiting to help us make it through the hard times in our recovery. No matter how painful our loss may be, we will survive our setback and continue to grow if we maintain the faith our program has given us.
––––=––––
Just for today: I have worked hard to build my faith in a loving, caring Higher Power that will guide me through life’s challenges. Today, I will trust that Power.

Tags
12 step recovery, acoa, al-anon, alcoholic, alcoholics anonmyous, coda, on-line meeting