Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 02-21-2018, 08:42 PM   #3701
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,720 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I still have the residual bronchitis from my cold as usual, so I skipped the gym because yesterday I do think that irritated my lungs. However, it was 70 degrees in NYC today (a one day special!) so I was able to find a friend to go walking with for 1 hr 15 min. We walked 11K steps by the East River at night. I did too much talking, also not good for my throat. At least I still have the rest of this week off for school break and can keep sleeping in.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2018, 09:15 PM   #3702
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I did some unexpected mopping today.

yay

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 09:42 AM   #3703
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,994 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

It's been awhile since I posted here, but each time I go to physical therapy, I work with my therapy team on exercises to help me regain my mobility.....which each session is 1.5 hours of painstaking work, followed up by an half hour of massage and compression massage.

I am making progress. I can peddle on the bicycle machine for ten minutes and the machine measures the miles I have pedaled. Yesterday I pedaled 3.1 miles in twenty minutes.

I still can't exactly walk on my own yet without guided assistance, but I'm getting closer to divorcing myself from the roller-seat walker.

I don't know how many calories I burn while doing exercise therapy, but my muscles are on fire and I get overheated when I'm working with my PT team.

Once I'm able to walk unaided, I imagine it won't take long to reduce my weight back to my pre-work-related accident physical condition. Luckily I'm only 50 pounds over weight, so I'm not too worried about losing weight.

My biggest challenge is being able to walk unassisted.

I'm getting closer to that goal, each week that goes by.

Cheers to all of you for your efforts to stay active and in good health.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2018, 09:33 PM   #3704
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,720 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I took a break yesterday to try to get better more from the end of my cold. Today I went to the gym but kept it light: one hour on the treadmill at 2.5 mph. My ipad was down to 0 so I watched t.v. on the treadmill itself and discovered that I can watch youtube right on the machine. How cool is that.

I also talked to a gym friend named Taylor who said that she works as a house manager. I didn't really quite get it at first. And she said, "Imagine a house as big as a hotel but with one person living in it." So I guess she works for someone really, really rich!

I talked to my gym pal Judith too. She was having soup in the cafe. She said she was there only to go in the dry sauna, that there was not time to work out because the gym closes early on Fridays. I usually don't think about what time the gym closes but I guess she does because it is where she likes to stay all the time. She asked me lots of questions about my job (a social worker). Her questions and comments were pretty conservative and out of touch so I said, "Are you a democrat or a Republican or an Independent?" (What I've always REALLY wanted to ask is "Are you straight or gay or bisexual?"). She looked away a little like someone does when they're strategizing an answer. I had ended with "an Independent" so that she might feel more comfortable. She said, "I guess... Independent. I'm more Republican on some things." Well, no shit, as a social worker, I could figure that out. I did my best to educate her on the reality of the people I work with but it was out of her zone. She made some frustrating comments. At least she asked me a lot of questions, and, I hope, listened to my answers. Ugh, Republicans.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping

Last edited by nycfem; 02-23-2018 at 09:35 PM.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2018, 11:21 AM   #3705
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

So sorry about Judith, J!

I had a GREAT workout this morning. It was hard and I really pushed myself. I got the machine I wanted and worked up a hella sweat.

Elliptical: 291 cal, 2.23 mi, 30:00 min

I followed that up with a wonderful stretching session.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2018, 05:27 PM   #3706
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Worked out this morning and it was pretty good.

I did the treadmill for 18 minutes for a warm up. 105 calories burned and .87 miles walked.

Next up was the weight training. I did the circuit again but added more weight on some of the easier to me machines and had a lovely stretch fest afterwards.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2018, 10:31 PM   #3707
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Exercise today? Not so much.

The rain prevented me from getting anything accomplished. I did cut armholes out of a contractor heavy duty trash bag. Slipped it on with a safari hat, walked the property taking some measurements to get an idea of how much resources I will need for my next project.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2018, 06:56 AM   #3708
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

2/26

Elliptical: 176 cal, 1.39 mi, 18:00 min

I didn't feel like it, but I went and knocked out a decent workout.

2/27

Elliptical: 123 cal, .87 mi, 13:00 min

That was my warm up. I did a set of 13 reps on the circuit training with a little heavier weight on some of the machines.

A really nice stretch followed that and I was done.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:09 PM   #3709
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Up at crazy o’clock, but made it to the gym a little later than normal because the inside of my car windows were iced up (fun times!)

I knew I was short on time, so I did a really hard 30min of treadmill hills at 3.4pace and then met my trainer for our weekly session. I did a nautilus and dumbbell circuit. I have spent the past five weeks focusing on upper body strength. But this morning - I was dying trying to do three full reps after the treadmill hills.

One of the things I love about seeing a trainer once a week (for the first time ever) is that she’s always showing me new equipment, things I would never touch on my own, and teaching me many variations for each muscle group.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:32 PM   #3710
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

Day 6 of 30 days of yoga

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2018, 02:10 PM   #3711
Sunshine

How Do You Identify?:
Happy and peaceful
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Sunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Hello everyone,

NY, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Remember, our bodies heal most in our sleep.

Cricket, good for you. I am starting my research on Yoga. It's something I really want to start doing.

During this winter season, it has always rained during the night time. Today it's raining and I just couldn't hold myself back. I walked around the block and aimed for every water puddle lol. I washed my car in the rain and loved every second of it.

I had leftover energy, so I stretched and worked out.

Today I did,

120 Sit-ups
30 Mountain Climbers
30 Jumping Jacks
30 Squats
30 push ups.

Thank you everyone, for all your support. You have made a difference in my life, and I appreciate it very much.

I hope everyone has a beautiful day and keep it up. We are all doing great, as long as we don't stop. Everything in moderation.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2018, 03:17 PM   #3712
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,156 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I got up at 5 to go to the gym before work but ended up using that time to shovel snow...

But now I'm home early and will do 30 minutes or so on the rowing machine. My gym ended up closed for the day anyway.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2018, 07:29 PM   #3713
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

walked up and down the stairs for 20 minutes

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2018, 10:05 PM   #3714
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

March 1, 2018

Treadmill: 43 cal, .38 mi, 8 minutes with one running interval

I weight trained and did 2 sets of 12 reps each on all the machines and then stretched.

I've been itching to work out the past couple of days but the water here didn't get above barely lukewarm, the apartment was 35 this morning and I don't do public showers so there you go. No mid-storm workouts.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:15 PM   #3715
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I got back into the gym this morning. It's been a few days and I was ready for it.

Elliptical: 173 cal, 1.31 mi, 18:00 min

Then, I went into the weight training circuit and did 1 set of 13 reps and followed that up with a thorough stretching session.

It felt really good. I was getting tight.

I've sweated off about 11 pounds since the beginning of the year. Yay!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2018, 07:56 PM   #3716
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I should have worked out this morning. I'm regretting it now.

It's a weird feeling.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2018, 09:45 AM   #3717
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

i walked up and down the stairs for 20 minutes, and did 100 crunches after work 3 out of 5 days

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2018, 01:59 PM   #3718
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default w day

Returning after two weeks away from my regular
routine...today back to the track and a 5mi walk
as I contemplated how great it feels to be moving
my body again. Yes, for two weeks I did no
movement to speak of...today, it was all about
"speaking" to my body and thanking it for
its ability to move, and its strength...gratitude.

Also, contemplated the idea of a marathon...we'll
see...why would I do it? One, my failed attempt in
2010 hurt, a lesson in importance of quality training
...and I simply love to run.

keep on keepin' on, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2018, 09:31 PM   #3719
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Elliptical: 287 cal, 2.08 mi, 30 min

Followed by stretching.

Tomorrow will consist of a shit-ton of shoveling snow.

I'm not looking forward to that.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2018, 05:43 PM   #3720
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default 7

7mi run this am...saw new praire dogs on the way back
happy to see them just have to watch for the holes they
construct...tomorrow walk day at the track...that's the
plan.

keep on keepin' on, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights