Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 05-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default Chat window size: comments?

Hey everyone,

Ok. So I adjusted the chat window (1400 x 900) but it may be too big. I'm open to suggestions/comments from chatters about the sizing (avatars and icons are a different discussion as I want to nail down a size that works for everyone first before we add decorations to chat -- so to speak).

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Here I thought it was my computer that enlarged it because of my recent updates
Personally, I don't like it this large, but that just me

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Too high or too wide?

I just adjusted it to 1000 (high) x 750 (wide)

Old 05-26-2011, 08:07 PM   #4
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

It was bigger than i could see. I mean i couldn't see it all on my screen.

I did the floaty thing though and it was fine.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

The floating version of the chat is better than the "standard" chat (IMO).

Old 05-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #6
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

The width is way too big and the height is just a little too big

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #7
Gaige

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Thanked 3,756 Times in 1,171 Posts
Gaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST Reputation

This isn't window size related but it is related to the chat. I'm not able to pull up profiles from the names list. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #8
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Ok.. I think I've found a temp middle ground at 900x650. I'd like to see how that is for a bit and get more comments from others before making more changes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #9
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Devil View Post
This isn't window size related but it is related to the chat. I'm not able to pull up profiles from the names list. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
That's another thread. and ya... that's a forum URL issue. one of our little bugs with this chat mod..

All you need to do is put the word forum between the two // marks in the URL that pops up:

www.butchfemmeplanet.com//addonchat_func.php?

Old 05-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #10
Gaige

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Thanked 3,756 Times in 1,171 Posts
Gaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST ReputationGaige Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
That's another thread. and ya... that's a forum URL issue. one of our little bugs with this chat mod..

All you need to do is put the word forum between the two // marks in the URL that pops up:

www.butchfemmeplanet.com//addonchat_func.php?
Thanks. You rock.
Gaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #11
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hey Linus,

I wondering if there is a "size for font's" When I click on the magnifying + it the font gets bigger however.. it skips a couple sizes.. it to me is either too small or too big... there is no middle ground after like the 3 or 4th click of it.

so either I need some major reading glasses or I miss half the things that are said or when someone types something it takes like 3 lines to do so. lol ok maybe it's not that bad.. lol

And honestly those Icons are so annoying they are WAY to big. Maybe it's just me but I cant stand them. Maybe take a poll or something and go to standard sized Icons??
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #12
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

That's supposed to be a separate thread... :P

As for fonts, in the chat program itself you can change the font size down or up as needed. I believe we default to 14 so putting it to 12 should be ok (don't use the browser's feature to increase font size).

and I will have a separate thread for the icons later.. I promise.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:45 PM   #13
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Sweet, Thanks Linus!!
Old 05-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #14
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Ok.. I think I've found a temp middle ground at 900x650. I'd like to see how that is for a bit and get more comments from others before making more changes.
Looks good to me!!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #15
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Ok this is probably supposed to be in a seperate thread too *tee hee*.

I can't ever see who's in chat it always takes me to an error window. I'm using Explorer. Then tonight when I tried to go into chat it sent me to the same error window so I had to enter chat in "float" mode. I don't know if it was the float mode or what, but my chat window is so tall that I can't see the bottom of the postings nor can I see my chat box to enter text to actually....well....chat.

Help Linus.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:26 PM   #16
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

pajara2 I'm having the same problem. Cant even get to the box to enter my text to chat
Old 10-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #17
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajara2 View Post
Ok this is probably supposed to be in a seperate thread too *tee hee*.

I can't ever see who's in chat it always takes me to an error window. I'm using Explorer. Then tonight when I tried to go into chat it sent me to the same error window so I had to enter chat in "float" mode. I don't know if it was the float mode or what, but my chat window is so tall that I can't see the bottom of the postings nor can I see my chat box to enter text to actually....well....chat.

Help Linus.
This error usually appears when you try to see who's in chat from the front page. Go into the forums themselves and then select Chat Room --> Who's in Chat. This issue is a bug and we've notified the developer but have yet to see a solution.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #18
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuus View Post
pajara2 I'm having the same problem. Cant even get to the box to enter my text to chat

See my response to pajara2 except choose Chat Room or Float Chat Room.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:12 PM   #19
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

You guys can also click the icon in the upper left hand corner that says "Chat room" and it takes you directly in.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 12:09 AM   #20
ButchKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch/Daddy to the right Woman/girl

ButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST ReputationButchKnight Has the BEST Reputation
Question accessing chat

I am able to access the chat room and says success signing in than connection server lost please help

GO PACK GO

AARON RODGERS

ButchKnight is offline   Reply With Quote